Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,923 members, 7,952,713 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:10 PM

Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? (17111 Views)

Employees That Slept With Their Bosses, How Did It End? / My Horrible Experience At A Military Event / Is This A Norm In Nigeria Among Bosses And Masters?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by sniperr007(m): 8:14pm On Mar 22, 2022
amiibaby:
am in jos

Are you open to moving to Abuja
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by amiibaby(f): 8:23pm On Mar 22, 2022
sniperr007:

Are you open to moving to Abuja
yes I am...
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by chccho(m): 8:25pm On Mar 22, 2022
If u dont want to know who a horrible boss or a very toxic working environment is all about dont evewr take a Job in Smith medical centre surulere if u work here u will be traumatized and constantly abused + late salary payments every 45days
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by sniperr007(m): 8:29pm On Mar 22, 2022
amiibaby:
yes I am...

Send me a mail to rickiedominic@yahoo.com
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 8:30pm On Mar 22, 2022
Most of the response will bother on MENTAL HEALTH. And this demigods will continue to toy with that....

1 Like

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Ihedinuwa69(m): 8:33pm On Mar 22, 2022
Honestly some of them boss are sh*t bags
Discrimination is their second name
They treat you from the part of the hood you are coming from
Poor hood dweller bad treatment
Good hold dewllers best treatment
Worked for one year and some months
Omo I bounce
Those people are confirm sc*m bags
Them no they take eye see wetin they under skirt

And people they resign there everyday.....
I once saw their man power reinforcement request papper. I kid you not, you can't imagine the number of people that left in a space of two months. Almost all the workers there....

Infact, it's better not to work in some places
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by sim37(m): 8:34pm On Mar 22, 2022
I have a heart breaking experience with a former boss, I don't want to talk about, I just want to say Kudos and bravo to our boss, We re blessed to have Mr Adewale of NACS as a boss, He's a boss u would like to have, a boss u feel his impact before u meet him. he has workers interest at heart, though I have not seen him in person, God bless him and his family!

1 Like

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by zikter(m): 8:35pm On Mar 22, 2022
Dreal1247:
Working under anyman to me is slavery. I value my freedom and like acting independently. Try to get yourself established and build your own financial empire. How can you make a million plus for someone in a month and be paid less than ten percent of it. Yet you get surcharged for the least offence, no job security, and at times, you receive the bullies you never imagine. Be your own BOSS MAN, and you will always be happy. Though it is risky.
Just a quick question, in your line of business, are people working for you?

1 Like

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by tmoneyu: 8:43pm On Mar 22, 2022
It's better u give your self time frame to work for your boss and become your own boss, don't waste all ur life trying to be on top because you must step in toes and needles of people, I advise u have a side hustle no matter how small it might be.... God bless all of us
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by dorin27(f): 8:54pm On Mar 22, 2022
nedubrazil111:
If i tell una my story, all of una go cry on my behalf
I wan cry, oya start the story.
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by jeff1993: 8:59pm On Mar 22, 2022
Nova1988:
fortunately I'm a day trader, I trade assets on the financial markets like crypto, futures, stocks, forex and indices. so I don't have a toxic/saddist boss to boss me around tell me what to do. grin
all thanks to Allah!
..... Bro can u teach me
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Olam09(m): 9:05pm On Mar 22, 2022
engrzico:
No fail to give us update oh.. i don tag you already so no fall my hands.

No phor bro.. i go update una.. i wan dive into business ni i don already buy the tools and everything wey i go take start the business already.
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by brimdans(m): 9:07pm On Mar 22, 2022
My story is a very sad one. I was given a work and posted from my state to another state for a project.
When the project was almost done, I noticed my bosses behavior started changing. She's naturally a very aggressive person, but this time around, the aggression doubled.
She shouts at me at very little provocation. She tried to frame me for theft and damage of goods, but good brought me out, the next thing she did was to still fine a way of framing me for defending myself and denying something I didn't do. That was how I got sacked o. Without pay, and she waited for me to work for her for a complete one month. People wicked.

3 Likes

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by kingmurainah(m): 9:19pm On Mar 22, 2022
Akinsete19:
Those days at my PPA at Lagos Secretariat. We were always sent on errands like errand boys. If you refuse to go on errands, you will not be given your monthly clearance or you will be witch hunt. Corpers doing eyes service doesn't help the matter also.

I also notice the workers there are myopic. There are struck with the past. To them, your successful life will be based on how soon you graduate from University.

Seems I saw this particular post on twitter? grin cool
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by elroyale(m): 9:21pm On Mar 22, 2022
grin The sounds so much like my first Boss

Usair:
#HorribleBosses is currently treading on Twitter.

I woke up to a couple of horrible bosses experiences on Twitter. Some experiences are unimaginable in saner climes but as you all know in Nigeria anything goes.

My experience with working with a horrible boss is quite interesting.

1. My boss has cameras in every office in the building including lunchroom. There are audio listening devices in some offices too. undecided

2. He can fire you without a query or a termination letter. cheesy

3. All the fair skinned fine chicks in the building belongs to him, you don't want to get caught over fraternising with them. cool

4. He gets really pissed when it is time to pay salaries. One time, he tore the payroll. He says he would have shutdown the Company but because he doesn't want us to loose out jobs.

Add yours.

If you ever resigned to protect your mental health, you are not a coward. You were never a failure. You are bold to choose a better life for yourself.
Congratulations warrior, you survived �
#horriblebosses. Copied

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Nova1988(m): 9:27pm On Mar 22, 2022
XtraFortunes:

But what you are doing is haram angry

ok, islamophobe.

1 Like

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Mar 22, 2022
My first boss was during my IT period last year. Worked in a hospital lab.
I and my colleagues were divided and given shifts. Being the leader of Team B, I tried all my bet to make sure my team did well.

We were the youngest and we really tried our possible best to please this man but no way. The sins of team A were always heaped on us. Any day, it was our turn, this man would just be in a very bad mood and find fault in everything. Once work starts, we all can't wait for 2pm for us to run out. We did the best we could because we all knew what an A in a 6 unit course could do to our GP.
Everybody would go home everyday angry, depressed and moody. When he 's around, we try extra hard not to make any mistakes if not, you 'd wish the whole ground would swallow you up after he's done criticising you in front of everybody including patients.

I beared the brunt of it all as the leader. To avoid all that, I started coming extra early to do cleanups and was always up and doing, even running errands. But it was never enough. He had an excuse....I was always everywhere. I even burst out in tears in front of him one day we had a misunderstanding cuz it was just too much. Had to call in sick on my next shift so I could get my sanity back.

Found out later on that he had a very good r/ship with team A. Maybe they were all mature colleagues and always showered him with fake praises. I was even shocked when I heard they would always call him out if he offended any of them and they 'd settle it amicably.
Or maybe it was just Grace....lol.

Thank God I m done and I had an A too.

3 Likes

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Gorgeous345: 9:43pm On Mar 22, 2022
DenreleDave:

dont resign.. ur boss still dey okay...

Dont resign so dt u wunt regret, hubby neva get job oo.. U will be so frustrated if after 2 months, no job coming forth
Bros, It's beyond all I have written here.If I start....day go break.
He even put up my position for hire online currently as we speak. I have been through a lot for the company.They have forgotten days when they were nothing.
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by slydog(m): 9:52pm On Mar 22, 2022
tobidipity:

See I share your sentiment. I was in your shoes few months ago. I finally secured a job as a branch manager after 2 years of job hunting. I ended up with a toxic boss. A very toxic one at that. He doesn't hesitate to talk down at you at very given opportunity. I wake up early in the morning and think of my life for 30minutes before getting up to take my bath. It was that serious. It wasn't easy quitting cuz 1, I got that after been jobless for so long 2, How do I tell my mum and siblings I'm not doing again (u get?) 3, where do I start from when I quit? I resigned eventually and I kid you not it wasn't easy taking such a decision. But after quitting I made good use of the contacts I made while working there and again I was able to come up with a good business plan. Story long but in summary, you might not see other opportunities while you are still stuck there and foremost, mental health is important

I love this "you might not see the opportunities that abound when you are still stuck in Egypt "
As for me, I'll be leaving banking for good this monthend.
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by joyousever(f): 9:58pm On Mar 22, 2022
Wow! You really kept a close watch on him and he's been busted. Lol cheesy. Na real wa! Scammers in different forms.
clockwisereport:

Idiot, you don come back again?

You don finally remove septicemia from your story

Anthony m Okeke also known as Faith S H is a notorious scammer on nairaland. He has been busted on several occasions.

Below is how Anthony M okeke, the scammer operates

-He will create an account early in the morning with a pitiable moniker like SolicitHelp, praygrace, blessings etc

-He will then target interesting topics that may likely hit front page and drop a good comment that will get him so many likes and shares.

-In the night around 8pm to 10pm, he will change his gender to female to gather pity and edit the post he made in the morning with a pitiable story of how he is suffering from septicemia. He will alter the spelling of septicemia by adding either r, c or h so that one cannot search and find him using the search bar

-The idea behind editing these posts in the night is that even if you find and report by this time, the post will not be deleted since the mods must have closed for the day

-His targets are those that come to nairaland in the night.

-The next day, the previous posts are deleted and he creates another account

- The cycle continues

1 Like

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Simpubozz(m): 9:59pm On Mar 22, 2022
All Bosses I’ve worked with have been good to be honest

1 Like

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by YourFavorite21(m): 10:07pm On Mar 22, 2022
I had an operation earlier this year in January, so my mum took permission from her boss, so she could take care of me.

But the useless man refused, so my mum decided to go ahead and take care of me, after a week, when she reported back to school, the man had sacked her, and he gave her an option of either forfeiting or January salary or Loose her job completely, the poor woman had too give up her Salary, just to have her job back.

May God punish him till thy kingdom come, heartless idiot.

4 Likes

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by YourFavorite21(m): 10:12pm On Mar 22, 2022
clockwisereport:

Idiot, you don come back again?

You don finally remove septicemia from your story

Anthony m Okeke also known as Faith S H is a notorious scammer on nairaland. He has been busted on several occasions.

Below is how Anthony M okeke, the scammer operates

-He will create an account early in the morning with a pitiable moniker like SolicitHelp, praygrace, blessings etc

-He will then target interesting topics that may likely hit front page and drop a good comment that will get him so many likes and shares.

-In the night around 8pm to 10pm, he will change his gender to female to gather pity and edit the post he made in the morning with a pitiable story of how he is suffering from septicemia. He will alter the spelling of septicemia by adding either r, c or h so that one cannot search and find him using the search bar

-The idea behind editing these posts in the night is that even if you find and report by this time, the post will not be deleted since the mods must have closed for the day

-His targets are those that come to nairaland in the night.

-The next day, the previous posts are deleted and he creates another account

- The cycle continues
i have been suspecting that guy since, I don't know why people derive joy, in scamming and deceiving others, it is well sha.

2 Likes

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by ademi87(m): 10:24pm On Mar 22, 2022
My then boss... Mr Remi Osijo Living inside wemabod estate Ikeja is a great example. He's still owing me 160k up till now from a salary of 40k......he practically killed everything about me. He made me feel like I was worthless and he was doing me favours for employing me..... I did all manners of dirty jobs for him ranging from sweeping to cutting of grasses etc and he employed me as an accountant with my Bsc.

2 Likes

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by freesoul12: 10:25pm On Mar 22, 2022
My own expérience was very funny o.. I was treated badly nd paid peanut.. Although i started d job with nothing ..So d dude didnt know i was learning different skills.. After sometimes he noticed lots of changes has happened to me. With d way i talk confidently, with d way i dress(Designers nd co)..I was planning to get a nice car.. So i think he heard my discussion with one of my colleague. So he felt i was into dis yahoo stuff. Cos with my salary u cant dream of buying a car in 7yrs to come. So he started calling me a fraudster even wen my duty is not in anyway relate to finance or fund. I later realised i was making more money than d dude himself that time.. Cos the niche i was freelancing with dat time was still much early nd i was making money via trading too. So dollars left and right.. So oneday he added to my tasks and i told him hv been looking forward for a salary review too. Na so d dude vess talk say i dey mad for bringing in salary review because he added to my task. I told him he is crazy for making such statement. So he tried to come closer may be to punch me.. I told him make he just chill cos he no go like himself if he try it. Oga just mellow.. I picked my things nd i left d place.

4 Likes

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by TheManOfTheYear: 10:35pm On Mar 22, 2022
amiibaby:
My boss is a terrible man... I still work there though cos I have no other alternative.. he degrades me in front of clients and rubbish my work. By the way I work in an audit firm so I am an accountant. There was a day he pushed me so hard cos to him I didn't do what he asked me to do. He threatens to slap me numerous times, there was other days he was touching me romantically and I scolded him and he threatened to sack me. There were months he withheld my salary cos he feel I can't do anything. The list is endless. Am just praying for better days ahead so help me God
Before making a comment like this, do well to take down your picture.
This is the internet, anyone could be reading.
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by esthel(f): 11:14pm On Mar 22, 2022
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by esthel(f): 11:17pm On Mar 22, 2022
Mine was sometime in 2018, I've left him to God because I think I'm healed now. After i left the place for a new place, for over a year I refused to use a particular route I always take when I go to one government agency we always transacted with. My new office was around the place. It was such a
traumatising experience.
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Kunja2: 11:48pm On Mar 22, 2022
amiibaby:
I have bills to pay that's why if not I would quit instantly. I don't have a choice as it is now. U know the situation of the country
everybody has a choice. You choose to remain there. You can also actively apply for jobs or learn something related to your field that would make you get a job quickly. Never say you don't have a choice.

I've been in your shoes before and I said Bleep it! I'm done here without having any alternative.
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Nova1988(m): 2:07am On Mar 23, 2022
jeff1993:
..... Bro can u teach me

hmmmm, depends. I don't usually have time.
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by jeff1993: 7:00am On Mar 23, 2022
Nova1988:

hmmmm, depends. I don't usually have time.
.., I am ready to learn anyhow I make out time for me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Young Lawyers, How Are You Coping This Period Of No Court Sitting? / 2019 Goal: How Do I Become Skilled In Public Speaking? / My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.