Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,397 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? (16756 Views)

Employees That Slept With Their Bosses, How Did It End? / 7 Types Of Bosses In Nigeria's Corporate Outfits / Is This A Norm In Nigeria Among Bosses And Masters?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by lovat(m): 8:23am On Mar 23, 2022
amiibaby:
My boss is a terrible man... I still work there though cos I have no other alternative.. he degrades me in front of clients and rubbish my work. By the way I work in an audit firm so I am an accountant. There was a day he pushed me so hard cos to him I didn't do what he asked me to do. He threatens to slap me numerous times, there was other days he was touching me romantically and I scolded him and he threatened to sack me. There were months he withheld my salary cos he feel I can't do anything. The list is endless. Am just praying for better days ahead so help me God
A boss pushed you and you took it lightly? Girl you're slaving away. Drop your boss twitter handle let me help you disgrace him
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by lovat(m): 8:31am On Mar 23, 2022
amiibaby:
am in jos
Do you have relatives in Lagos? Can you move down to Lagos
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by lovat(m): 8:38am On Mar 23, 2022
ademi87:
My then boss... Mr Remi Osijo Living inside wemabod estate Ikeja is a great example. He's still owing me 160k up till now from a salary of 40k......he practically killed everything about me. He made me feel like I was worthless and he was doing me favours for employing me..... I did all manners of dirty jobs for him ranging from sweeping to cutting of grasses etc and he employed me as an accountant with my Bsc.
You never know your worth that's why. Back when I was in paid job, I do shout back at my boss if he dares embarss me in public.

The day he asked me to wash his car, I warned him never to ask me such again.
I was his P.A, we became great buddies as days went. Always know your worth

1 Like

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by obontami: 8:41am On Mar 23, 2022
illicit:
It was an education consultancy

He doesn't pay ur wages, he sleeps with anything including ur [b]boyfriend [/b]and underage students

Boyfriend, you meant?
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by amiibaby(f): 8:58am On Mar 23, 2022
lovat:
Do you have relatives in Lagos? Can you move down to Lagos
I do... And I can move down there
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by amiibaby(f): 9:00am On Mar 23, 2022
lovat:
A boss pushed you and you took it lightly? Girl you're slaving away. Drop your boss twitter handle let me help you disgrace him
hahahha... Honestly am way past that am just looking for a better job so as to quit as soon as possible.. thanks anyways I appreciate
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by obontami: 9:10am On Mar 23, 2022
clockwisereport:

Idiot, you don come back again?

You don finally remove septicemia from your story

Anthony m Okeke also known as Faith S H is a notorious scammer on nairaland. He has been busted on several occasions.

Below is how Anthony M okeke, the scammer operates

-He will create an account early in the morning with a pitiable moniker like SolicitHelp, praygrace, blessings etc

-He will then target interesting topics that may likely hit front page and drop a good comment that will get him so many likes and shares.

-In the night around 8pm to 10pm, he will change his gender to female to gather pity and edit the post he made in the morning with a pitiable story of how he is suffering from septicemia. He will alter the spelling of septicemia by adding either r, c or h so that one cannot search and find him using the search bar

-The idea behind editing these posts in the night is that even if you find and report by this time, the post will not be deleted since the mods must have closed for the day

-His targets are those that come to nairaland in the night.

-The next day, the previous posts are deleted and he creates another account

- The cycle continues

Buster eyan Douglas. grin
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by obontami: 9:27am On Mar 23, 2022
amiibaby:

Be careful. Ritualist are everywhere.
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Remnita(f): 10:33am On Mar 23, 2022
Usair:
#HorribleBosses is currently treading on Twitter.

I woke up to a couple of horrible bosses experiences on Twitter. Some experiences are unimaginable in saner climes but as you all know in Nigeria anything goes.

My experience with working with a horrible boss is quite interesting.
I lost 300k for admission to study in canada

1. My boss has cameras in every office in the building including lunchroom. There are audio listening devices in some offices too. undecided

2. He can fire you without a query or a termination letter. cheesy

3. All the fair skinned fine chicks in the building belongs to him, you don't want to get caught over fraternising with them. cool

4. He gets really pissed when it is time to pay salaries. One time, he tore the payroll. He says he would have shutdown the Company but because he doesn't want us to loose out jobs.

Add yours.

If you ever resigned to protect your mental health, you are not a coward. You were never a failure. You are bold to choose a better life for yourself.
Congratulations warrior, you survived �
#horriblebosses. Copied

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Pootle: 10:36am On Mar 23, 2022
nkemoma:

F**k him.. He is too dull to use NL

So you can't be him comrade

lol no shit bro
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Tais8: 10:42am On Mar 23, 2022
Get Registered with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)

Contact RayLight Solution for your:
- Business name (Enterprise)
- Limited Liability Company
- Incorporated Trustee (NGOs, Clubs, Association, Churches etc.)

Contact RayLight
080385 38633
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by illicit(m): 11:23am On Mar 23, 2022
obontami:

Boyfriend, you meant?

Sorry

Galfriend
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Nova1988(m): 5:31pm On Mar 23, 2022
jeff1993:
.., I am ready to learn anyhow I make out time for me

send me an email then.
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by femijay8271(m): 11:13am On Mar 24, 2022
freesoul12:
My own expérience was very funny o.. I was treated badly nd paid peanut.. Although i started d job with nothing ..So d dude didnt know i was learning different skills.. After sometimes he noticed lots of changes has happened to me. With d way i talk confidently, with d way i dress(Designers nd co)..I was planning to get a nice car.. So i think he heard my discussion with one of my colleague. So he felt i was into dis yahoo stuff. Cos with my salary u cant dream of buying a car in 7yrs to come. So he started calling me a fraudster even wen my duty is not in anyway relate to finance or fund. I later realised i was making more money than d dude himself that time.. Cos the niche i was freelancing with dat time was still much early nd i was making money via trading too. So dollars left and right.. So oneday he added to my tasks and i told him hv been looking forward for a salary review too. Na so d dude vess talk say i dey mad for bringing in salary review because he added to my task. I told him he is crazy for making such statement. So he tried to come closer may be to punch me.. I told him make he just chill cos he no go like himself if he try it. Oga just mellow.. I picked my things nd i left d place.

NA ur papa born u truly... I almost beat my very rich boss lady at VI just for accusing me wrongly

1 Like

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by freesoul12: 6:35am On Mar 25, 2022
femijay8271:

NA ur papa born u truly... I almost beat my very rich boss lady at VI just for accusing me wrongly

Loll. Ure funny bro
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Asianjollof007: 6:20am On Apr 15, 2022
I have experienced a lot, different humiliations if you don't have a choice. Though my boss no fit try rubbish with me cos i go beat am, i nor get time. Na im dey even fear me, i later learnt a skill and quit because the environment wasn't condusive for both of us.
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Asianjollof007: 6:23am On Apr 15, 2022
amiibaby:
Please, be careful.
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by andyblinks05: 4:15pm On May 08, 2022
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Fortune118005(m): 2:39pm On Jun 30, 2022
truthsayer009:

Reverend, Pastor, Imams or any religuous body are the worse people to work for. Like absolute worst.
Why did you say that?
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 30, 2022
Fortune118005:

Why did you say that?

They believe by working for them or with them, delivering a job or a project, It is their sole right to receive acts of service from you as a follower of their Religion, Faith or Gospel. They see all work as volunteering work.

At no point in anyone's life, career or future should they work for a Religious body and expect to be payed fairly. Infact, once I have a business meeting with you and you Introduce yourself as a Pastor/Imam, that's the end of that business meeting.
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Fortune118005(m): 9:19am On Jul 01, 2022
truthsayer009:

They believe by working for them or with them, delivering a job or a project, It is their sole right to receive acts of service from you as a follower of their Religion, Faith or Gospel. They see all work as volunteering work.

At no point in anyone's life, career or future should they work for a Religious body and expect to be payed fairly. Infact, once I have a business meeting with you and you Introduce yourself as a Pastor/Imam, that's the end of that business meeting.
Hmmm
I understand your points but not all of them that do such things.
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Fortune118005(m): 2:54pm On Jul 01, 2022
Read the following story of an employer:
"I employ about 20 people in my small firm and one thing I’ve learnt through the course of my career is that majority of employees esp in Naija do not care about work. All they care about is their salary and some will do dubious things just to scheme money they haven’t earned from their employers. if you leave them or go too easy on them, they’ll run you to the ground.
I’ve had my experiences and I’m still learning every day. I really do not blame employers that eventually evolve into nasty people."

Usair:
#HorribleBosses is currently treading on Twitter.

I woke up to a couple of horrible bosses experiences on Twitter. Some experiences are unimaginable in saner climes but as you all know in Nigeria anything goes.

My experience with working with a horrible boss is quite interesting.

1. My boss has cameras in every office in the building including lunchroom. There are audio listening devices in some offices too. undecided

2. He can fire you without a query or a termination letter. cheesy

3. All the fair skinned fine chicks in the building belongs to him, you don't want to get caught over fraternising with them. cool

4. He gets really pissed when it is time to pay salaries. One time, he tore the payroll. He says he would have shutdown the Company but because he doesn't want us to loose out jobs.

Add yours.

If you ever resigned to protect your mental health, you are not a coward. You were never a failure. You are bold to choose a better life for yourself.
Congratulations warrior, you survived �
#horriblebosses. Copied

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 01, 2022
Fortune118005:

Hmmm
I understand your points but not all of them that do such things.

Yes, and I am not interested in finding out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Hate Being Broke- What Skill Can I Learn Today? / Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy / Zenith Bank New Salary Package

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.