Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,282 members, 7,815,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Customer Review Of TSTV Services - TV/Movies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Customer Review Of TSTV Services (46221 Views)

Pictures Of TSTV Decoders Ready For Distribution November 1 / Picture Quality Of TSTV: Bein Sport HD Live On Tstv / Bright Echefu Ikechukwu, The Owner Of TSTV (Profile, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customer Review Of TSTV Services by RealisticGirl(f): 1:08pm On Mar 23, 2022
Their music channels are good though I don't like music but my brother loves it, I also noticed that they play new songs too and it's HD
Saxxon:

My dear, we have really suffered in the hands of DStv and their repeated 1985 movies. I barely even watch it, the only reason I subscribe is because of visitors, at least let them have something to watch when they come visiting.

If I may ask BTW, how would you rate their music channels? I'm a big music fan and I would like to be sure that the picture and sound checks out. Also, how many music channels are there?
Re: Customer Review Of TSTV Services by Saxxon(m): 1:11pm On Mar 23, 2022
tuoyoojo:

Mehn, making sense.

U just need to try it and see

Bro can you please make a short video? And post? Most people don't know what the picture quality looks like. I guess that's a deciding factor for audiovisualphiles like myself. I hope I'm not asking for too much? Thanks!
Re: Customer Review Of TSTV Services by Saxxon(m): 1:13pm On Mar 23, 2022
RealisticGirl:
Their music channels are good though I don't like music but my brother loves it, I also noticed that they play new songs too and it's HD

Music stations in HD? Something we've been begging Dstv for. Imagine watching your favourite songs in 420p in this time and age? DStv is a disgrace.

1 Like

Re: Customer Review Of TSTV Services by castrokins(m): 1:15pm On Mar 23, 2022
They Have Fox And Bloomberg, Wow
Re: Customer Review Of TSTV Services by godswilld10(m): 1:17pm On Mar 23, 2022
since last month my tstv adapter got burnt....have tried to buy new ones but they're not working....las las bcoz of Tstv I never watch tv since 1month now

1 Like

Re: Customer Review Of TSTV Services by Exceed15: 1:17pm On Mar 23, 2022
Your review make sense

2 Likes

Re: Customer Review Of TSTV Services by Jirilistic(m): 1:19pm On Mar 23, 2022
Sorry I meant laliga and ligue 1
Elxandre:

UCL and ligue 1 Is sure banker?
Thought you said they don't really show UCL.
Kindly clarify.
Re: Customer Review Of TSTV Services by Jirilistic(m): 1:21pm On Mar 23, 2022
Use gotv adapter if you previously owned one. I had a gotv adapter and it worked with tstv
godswilld10:
since last month my tstv adapter got burnt....have tried to buy new ones but they're not working....las las bcoz of Tstv I never watch tv since 1month now
Re: Customer Review Of TSTV Services by Abdogood(m): 1:25pm On Mar 23, 2022
Where can on get this TSTV decoder here in Lagos. I need get one now.

1 Like

Re: Customer Review Of TSTV Services by BabaJideAFONJA(f): 1:42pm On Mar 23, 2022
tuoyoojo:
Cavet
I am not a TSTV agent

Just a customer who has used Dstv and TSTV.
Everything here is my personal accessment
It is not meant to discredit on over another but to give a fairly balanced review of both

BACKGROUND
So I have been subscribing DSTV since 2015 and gradually up graded to compact plus with xtra view which cost me a total of 14,900 monthly

I was particularly impressed with DSTV rewind and pause feature on explora and the information icon for programs being aired

However, I was getting worried with the consistent increase in price of the bouquet i was on and the diminished satisfaction derived from their services

Like many of us, we would grumble about tariff hike and still go and queue up to pay for the next month subscription

So one day, I just vex cut chain and stopped my dstv subscription and went to buy TSTV

MY TSTV EXPERIENCE
I got my TSTV decode , remote control and dish for 18k since January and started enjoying their services

They have over 100 channels which covers
Very recent movies, both local and international showing recent movies, lovely music channels, many lovely educative children channels include Tom and Jerry channel ( for those young at heart), religious channels, soap opera channels , sport channels and several others

Once u put on the decoder, u just wait for a few seconds and it's on unlike dstv that u have to wait for long

I am not very keen on football so I don't watch much of foot ball but I was told free sport channel shows live football.

DSTV has the edge with sports channels showing uefa champions football and likes
But so far so good I am enjoying TSTV

Since I subscribed in January , I have not paid shi shi since. I had to call the customer care to ask what's up. Them say no problem, make I just dey enjoy they go

PROS of TSTV
Some channels cost one naira or two naira a day while some are free

You can choose the channels you want and pay for that but if u want everything they are offering its not more than 4k

Once u pay 18k, u get the decoder, dish and remote and the channels for a least a month, however ,since I have been enjoying it for 3 months free of charge

If you are travelling, you can pause ur subscription by informing the customer care

Some of the channels are High definition

According to them, you can get their channels in any part of the country. However I do not know if they have accredited dealers in all part of the country.

If you have any inquires you can go to their website

Very pocket friendly.

CONS
No pause and rewind option

No Uefa champion match

Few channels have the info option to tell u the name and summary of a program being aired

Like I said bf, this is my personal bias

Any station like African Magic YORUBA there?

1 Like

Re: Customer Review Of TSTV Services by VOICEofORIENTAL: 1:49pm On Mar 23, 2022
yuzjet:
DSTV Yanga is bae. I can't pay more than the #2565 to DSTV, it's for my family. As long as Africa Magic Yoruba and Epic are there, alongside kids channel and music, my wife and daughter are contented. I'm a football lover, but it's becoming too expensive for me. Especially when you still have to buy fuel to watch your matches.

You can hardly blame DSTV for the increment, it's not easy to keep up with business in Nigeria. And to be sincere, they still offer the best services in terms of entertainment, sports, music and all.

TSTV is welcome though, it's good for the market. But I'll stick with DSTV for now.
Yanga subscription will be #3,100 from April
Re: Customer Review Of TSTV Services by RealisticGirl(f): 2:12pm On Mar 23, 2022
It's not hype, they're all showing that's what I'm using. It's has TLC and FOOD network
channel. They're my best kiss
okoroemeka:
I saw Discovery and national geographic channels on the tstv bouquet,is it showing or is it just hype
Re: Customer Review Of TSTV Services by RealisticGirl(f): 2:15pm On Mar 23, 2022
The one in dstv shows old movies but the
one the Yoruba channel in tstv Dey show current movies and e clear wella.
BabaJideAFONJA:

1 Like

Re: Customer Review Of TSTV Services by RealisticGirl(f): 2:20pm On Mar 23, 2022
They have it, TLC and FOOD network is my favorite channel in tstv.
jennyswtie:
Good review. However, since there's no investigation discovery, CBS justice or kwanu TLC, I'll just continue with my DStv

1 Like

Re: Customer Review Of TSTV Services by Topmaike007(m): 2:23pm On Mar 23, 2022
chatinent:
Lol. From the comments here, it's clear many people don't know about free-to-air channels.

I have been using my Yayi-TV sat since last year May and haven't recharged even for once but I watch latest watchables in HD.

oga how many channels that yayi get abeg
Re: Customer Review Of TSTV Services by yuzjet(m): 2:24pm On Mar 23, 2022
2016easy2017:

Look, my friend has TSTV and he seem madly in love with it. He goes to football viewing centres only when to watch EPL or UEFA matches. So he gets maximum satisfaction for cheap. Am gonna join

Soo, TSTV will increase their tariffs too. No be Naija we dey?
Re: Customer Review Of TSTV Services by yuzjet(m): 2:25pm On Mar 23, 2022
VOICEofORIENTAL:
Yanga subscription will be #3,100 from April

Yea. It's everywhere in the news
Re: Customer Review Of TSTV Services by Titaniumental: 2:28pm On Mar 23, 2022
There is no way TSTV will be showing live UCL and European leagues matches and their services will be this cheap

1 Like

Re: Customer Review Of TSTV Services by yankison(m): 2:37pm On Mar 23, 2022
salihu2nic:
Oga stop lying
How can you say since January you have not pay for subscription........,. May be it's just one or two channels that you opened.

To watch all the channels it will cost about 9k plus per month as against the 4k you claimed(do your maths well)

Before I go further let me tell you that I used to be a die hard fan of tstv and I bought mine 2020 here in Gombe, but I stopped using it for more than 6 months now because of their instability and poor customer care service.

Problems/challenges I faced:

1. Tstv will just wake up one day and remove that channel you enjoy the most. E.g it used to have some movie channels that equate the Mnet movie channels of DStv

2. They used to say they show La Liga matches but in the real sense it's selected matches that ordinary a la Liga fan will not waste his/her time watching.

3. In 2021 tstv hiked channel prices without prior notice but after some days it was reversed. My wallet was robbed during those days(THIS IS CRIMINAL IN MY OPINION)

3. Customer care agents don't have answers to queries/most complaints

4. Tstv network can go off when you least expected and come back whenever they feel like restoring it.

5. The dealership agent in Gombe has been under lock for months but whenever u can customer care they will insist it's opened.

6. Tstv emptied my wallet with their promo last year. Plenty channels were open during promo period(june or July 2021) but remained opened even after the promo will direct charges from my wallet.

So, I just decided not to use it again despite having money in my wallet which by now will have been emptied.

I am not discouraging anyone from buying. It's a good thing we support our own but we should not be taken for granted.

Customer care service aspect alone is very poor(not comparable to DStv) let alone the contents.
All the channels I enjoyed were changed. Even the new ones I later picked interest suffered same faith.

If you are buying just buy because you want to support an indigenous company. Tstv can disappoint but I don't know whether it has improved since I stopped using it, which it's not likely.

Thank you!

You are a delusional liar .. their customer service is top notch they even have online chat and respond immediately ... Go play for traffic .goat

1 Like

Re: Customer Review Of TSTV Services by Jirilistic(m): 2:39pm On Mar 23, 2022
You dey see reviews and you still dey doubtful grin
They do show ucl sometimes. I've watched ucl a couple of times on tstv
They also show live laliga matches and ligue 1 match. EPL too sometimes
In summary ucl and EPL is a 50/50 stuff cus they don't have rights to broadcast it for now but in a ,you are almost guaranteed of watching at least 1 EPL game. Same thing in ucl too. In a week where there's champions league you u can be sure of watching at least one live ucl match dat week
Titaniumental:
There is no way TSTV will be showing live UCL and European leagues matches and their services will be this cheap

1 Like

Re: Customer Review Of TSTV Services by chatinent: 2:43pm On Mar 23, 2022
Topmaike007:
oga how many channels that yayi get abeg

I counted 400.
Re: Customer Review Of TSTV Services by yankison(m): 2:49pm On Mar 23, 2022
tony1305:
I do appreciate your view on Tstv, I must say it's an eye opener for me. I'd really appreciate it if you could give me their website or contact of where you got yours.
Dstv is using the situation of fuel and other increase to hike their prices.
Its best to try something else.

Download tstv app and you will get a location close to you on it .. or check their website ...their customer service online chat respond almost immediately

1 Like

Re: Customer Review Of TSTV Services by idsamoo(m): 2:52pm On Mar 23, 2022
By the time you start seeing same movies everyday ,every weekend ,you will know whatsup.Tstv channels are majorly foreign online channels,these channels are meant for people on transit in foreign countries so they don't mind repeating their programmes.

PLS I STILL HAVE THE TSTV DECODER AND ACCESSORIES FOR SALE ,holla me if interested.

Location is egbeda akowonjo Lagos.

I do hope this is not paid advert ,this one am seeting tstv review at front page.
Re: Customer Review Of TSTV Services by yankison(m): 2:53pm On Mar 23, 2022
Saxxon:

How are the music stations bruv

Bro their music channels are not different if not better than dstv . They have about 3-4 music channels as well as gospen ... Redeem tv sef de gospel movies

2 Likes

Re: Customer Review Of TSTV Services by tuoyoojo(m): 2:55pm On Mar 23, 2022
BabaJideAFONJA:

Yes they have a yoruba station showing very recent yoruba movies
Re: Customer Review Of TSTV Services by tuoyoojo(m): 2:57pm On Mar 23, 2022
Saxxon:

Bro can you please make a short video? And post? Most people don't know what the picture quality looks like. I guess that's a deciding factor for audiovisualphiles like myself. I hope I'm not asking for too much? Thanks!
Tstv wee haff to pay me for my advert o

When I get home today, lemme see what I can do

2 Likes

Re: Customer Review Of TSTV Services by tuoyoojo(m): 2:59pm On Mar 23, 2022
yankison:

You are a delusional liar .. their customer service is top notch they even have online chat and respond immediately ... Go play for traffic .goat

Baba! U take am personally o

The guy vex u shey
grin
Re: Customer Review Of TSTV Services by Newtonis: 3:20pm On Mar 23, 2022
Where can I get this TSTV in Akwa Ibom, Uyo to be precised?

1 Like

Re: Customer Review Of TSTV Services by bahaushe1: 3:23pm On Mar 23, 2022
yankison:

That is the app

See datv is a waste of money ..port to tstv to be honest I don't worry about payment for cable anymore since i started using it since last year ..just 4k can last u 3months

Thank you Sir.
Re: Customer Review Of TSTV Services by smiliyB(f): 3:40pm On Mar 23, 2022
seunlayi:
Sincerely without been hypocritical about this 95% of Nigerians will simply give it to Tstv for the fact that you can pay for only the few stations you want and the ability to pause your subscription.
The company only need our patronage just the way we all welcomed Globacom with their 70kobo per/seconds billing during the dominance of MTN and Econet ₦48 per/min billing.

Am not a tv person but my wife still watches Twist of Fate on Gotv and that is the only reason we still pay for sub. Without that, the decoder will be a trash.
Secondly, Tstv came with lots of promises, free gigs of data that can be shared in the house was among the juicy offer promised by Tstv back then but they have to drop the idea. Who remembered what they faced when they started showing UCL via Bien Tv grin grin grin angry That was when I knew the company has enemy from birth.
Lastly, Tstv should step up their games and they should find a way to compensate this OP for what he did for them today, the value of this post is worth than paying millions for advertisement. grin
Seriously! Op deserves it because I didn't even know they'd started operating.

2 Likes

Re: Customer Review Of TSTV Services by Seun4blue(m): 3:57pm On Mar 23, 2022
I will suggest they have TSTV mini not much than #6000 with monthly subscription that is as cheap as #2,500 maximum and see how Nigerians will bomb am..... e go be like say then do Aworo jazz (bring customers)....

1 Like

Re: Customer Review Of TSTV Services by NinaArsenal(f): 4:00pm On Mar 23, 2022
Jirilistic:
Yes they have. Two of them I think. Grande bolly and.... (Can't remember the name of the other one). They don't av zeeworld sha so don't expect to watch twist of fate or king of hearts grin. Also no indian or Nollywood series for now only movies they show, no series
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

BBNaija: Bally Evicted From Big Brother Naija / Man Hawking "Black Panther" In Lagos Traffic (Photo) / Angelo Fought Beverly On Big Brother Because She Wanted More Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.