Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,940 members, 7,817,751 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot (24570 Views)

Why Do People Beg For Money On Nairaland / Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. / Kogi People Beg Tinubu For Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by DoctorOlasDesk: 1:10pm On Mar 23, 2022
Or11:
I will get straight to the point. I get messages all the time from people in Nigeria asking for money and the surprising thing is it's abled bodied men who beg. Some of them act like big boys on social media but codedly begging using every excuse to ask for money.

I wonder why they can't go and work. Ok there are no jobs but what happened to being an entrepreneur. Anyone can be a real estate agent, car sales agent, shipping/clearing agent or just learn a handwork.

I don't go on Facebook anyone because as soon as I go online, the next thing is *beep beep*, a message comes in that reads "baba every red, pls send anything I go manage am", " My dstv sub don expire, na weekend, borrow me 20k, I go pay you back on Monday ", " My pikin get asthma, abeg I need money buy inhaler", "bros pls I travel go village and spend all my money, I need funds to travel back to Lagos and many more.

What is going on in naija abeg?

Are you in the country ? My brother, lend a hand o. The country's financial economy is in shambles

3 Likes

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by MrOkenwa(m): 1:10pm On Mar 23, 2022
Poverty
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Holluwatarhyor(m): 1:11pm On Mar 23, 2022
Well,to speak for myself,I want to work but no opportunity and no capital to start up a business .....if I want to start a real estate business as a civil engineer,it will still involve capital and investors,I need a place I can work in for a start,if there's anyone that could be of help here,will really appreciate

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by BillionKnights: 1:11pm On Mar 23, 2022
sad
Although some of your guys are asking for irrelevant things.. but seriously, it's really hard to survive in this country right now.. money loses its value like everyday..
Not everyone has the capital to just be an entrepreneur, one can't even save anything. just be glad you are not here

2 Likes

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by na2016: 1:11pm On Mar 23, 2022
Or11:
I will get straight to the point. I get messages all the time from people in Nigeria asking for money and the surprising thing is it's abled bodied men who beg. Some of them act like big boys on social media but codedly begging using every excuse to ask for money.
more.

If you are in Nigeria, you will know that aside from Politicians(embezzling public funds) and Pastors (crowdfunded by the poor, unknowingly), the country is in a mess.

8 Likes

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Equity15(m): 1:11pm On Mar 23, 2022
Omoh... it's just so bad. Well, the country is very hard. You won't blame anybody. Just help who you can
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by amamahdaniel(m): 1:11pm On Mar 23, 2022
H
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by emmanuelbrown26: 1:11pm On Mar 23, 2022
Ever since afonjas and almajiris sold Nigeria in d hands of few illiterates without economy sense. I am damn happy on d hardship in d country.
Mind u, we hv not even started seen d main thing, by year ending, that's when we would Truely understand d full meaning of change.
Every corner of west, is either iya and Omo dey beg or only Omo dey beg.
Go to d North begging na their birthright, West same, East unrest, South South kidnapping and cultism.

3 Likes

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by obedience4(m): 1:11pm On Mar 23, 2022
The only reason is BUHARI

2 Likes

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Cleveraustine01(m): 1:12pm On Mar 23, 2022
Or11:

I wonder why they can't go and work. Ok there are no jobs but what happened to being an entrepreneur. Anyone can be a real estate agent, car sales agent, shipping/clearing agent or just learn a handwork.

I don't go on Facebook anyone because as soon as I go online, the next thing is *beep beep*, a message comes in that reads "baba every red, pls send anything I go manage am", " My dstv sub don expire, na weekend, borrow me 20k, I go pay you back on Monday ", " My pikin get asthma, abeg I need money buy inhaler", "bros pls I travel go village and spend all my money, I need funds to travel back to Lagos and many more.

If you have help stop complaining

1 Like

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by boladale123: 1:12pm On Mar 23, 2022
Who are you?
What do you usually post online?
As for me,Dem no dey beg me o, except close family member wey get my number.
One Don dey beg me for a week now ,me wey dey spend my security money small small .
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by GloriousGbola: 1:14pm On Mar 23, 2022
Or11:

social media has amplified it.
a lot of nigerians are struggling, but a lot are just really scammers trying to take advantage of peoples kindness

one of teh most difficlt things is figuring who is really in need of help, and who is just a hustler

there are several of them on this platform.
they will get pictures of an injured person, recycle them and then claim they are the ones in need.

on the flip side, you also need to stop forming big man or well to do man on SM. people will not be disturbing you if they see you as broke

11 Likes

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Holluwatarhyor(m): 1:14pm On Mar 23, 2022
Or11:

It's annoying. Economy is hard but people are surviving. The set of people don't want to work. I sent some money and weeks later they come back so I stopped giving anyone fully. There are business that require no income, just a phone with data and I'm not talking about 419. Agents in most trades don't require income yet they no see that one do, it's begging they prefer.
I want to work but no job,already used to the we'll get back to you adage

I'm a civil engineer and into building construction,if there's anyone you can link me with,will appreciate

1 Like

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Lovelife433(m): 1:14pm On Mar 23, 2022
It will never be well with buhari here after. If not for the hardship buhari bring upon Nigerian dis goat will not be typing dis episode.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Dukeolumidemans(m): 1:14pm On Mar 23, 2022
People beg alot because there is hunger in the land with high unemployment rate.

It's going to get worse because USD will hit $700 on or before December this year, government will remove subsidy on petroleum products, diesel will hit N700 to N900 before December this year while petrol will get to around N300 per liter and boom... catastrophy will hit everywhere. People will loose more jobs and alot will become hopeless than now.
I see people protesting against the government and I see things becoming worse for a whole lot.

As for me and my folks, the more Dollar goes up, the richer we become. The more the country elect a clueless leader, the richer we become. Thank God for blessing me with a skill set like forex. Today my family members, inlaws, friends and students have been empowered on the same skill set. Alot are doing well on their own as we speak.

God bless all legitimate hostlers in Nigeria. As for all our leaders, Ogun go kill all of una one by one...if not today, it will be tomorrow.

I come in peace!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Martinez39s(m): 1:15pm On Mar 23, 2022
I started noticing a large increase in professional and coded begging this year. I am not talking about online begging or friends/acquaintance asking you stuffs; I am talking about total strangers approaching you to ask for money (usually transport). SMH.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by silibaba: 1:15pm On Mar 23, 2022
Or11:

And they are planning to vote tinubulistic.

I weep for them and their sorrow to come.

2 Likes

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by HandsomeGuyman(m): 1:15pm On Mar 23, 2022
How much you think say you get? No just provoke me now
Or11:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Contekbbc: 1:15pm On Mar 23, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

Are you in the country ? My brother, lend a hand o. The country's financial economy is in shambles

may you be blessed beyond measure.
You have never disappointed me with your wisdom.
Eni ija o ba,lonpe Rae lokunrin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by PrinceOfLagos: 1:16pm On Mar 23, 2022
The funniest thing is that most of the people begging are either Tinubu or Buhari supporters

They hail their oppressors because they love poverty

5 Likes

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by anonimi: 1:16pm On Mar 23, 2022
Or11:

Except someone is dying due to medical emergency AND there is prospect of saving the life, there is absolutely no need to give money.
Some tough love is needed to set peopled on the right path, including putting pressure on the looters we celebrate and try to emulate as our family & friends.
To a large extent dashing people money is helping the looters in the public and private sector to postpone/avoid their day of reckoning.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by RexTramadol1: 1:16pm On Mar 23, 2022
Well may we not have reasons to beg

If you’re in their shoes, maybe you will understand it’s not most of them that are happy being redundant

It’s life, shiit happens….. some are fortunate and others are less fortunate

That being said if you can, help and if you can’t you don’t have to blame them for such situations they’ve found themselves in.

When I get such messages, I don’t make promises but anytime I get to have I just give and hope God will replenish

No act of kindness will go unrewarded.
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Rubyjade: 1:17pm On Mar 23, 2022
Fyie:
If I ever help someone again ehe....
Why what happened?
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by anonimi: 1:17pm On Mar 23, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
The funniest thing is that most of the people begging are either Buhari or Tinubu supporters
They hail there oppressors because they love poverty

Is that not what the white people call Stockholm syndrome
By the way, is it limited to Bubu and ThiefNuibu supporters, or cuts across the country for other oppressors who loot our destiny?

2 Likes

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Okey2010: 1:17pm On Mar 23, 2022
You don't need to come here to write this rubbish those that beg you are those that knows you if you can't help tell them you don't have.Some of you if you escape from Nigeria you start acting weird

2 Likes

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by donleo92(m): 1:17pm On Mar 23, 2022
country hard.
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by DoctorOlasDesk: 1:17pm On Mar 23, 2022
Contekbbc:

may you be blessed beyond measure.
You have never disappointed me with your wisdom.
Eni ija o ba,lonpe Rae lokunrin.

wink
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by PrinceOfLagos: 1:18pm On Mar 23, 2022
anonimi:

Is that not what the white people call Stockholm syndrome
Lol
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by anonimi: 1:18pm On Mar 23, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

Please how will lending a hand help resolve the fundamental issues that made the economy into shambles

2 Likes

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Rubyjade: 1:18pm On Mar 23, 2022
Martinez39s:
I started noticing a large increase in professional and coded begging this year. I am not talking about online begging or friends/acquaintance asking you stuffs; I am talking about total strangers approaching you to ask for money (usually transport). SMH.
Is there amateur begging?

2 Likes

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by NiggasInParis: 1:18pm On Mar 23, 2022
You never see anything..

Nigeria na your mate grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts / NL Females: Which Body Will You Prefer To Have? And Guys Pick One! / *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.