Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,436 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot (24560 Views)

Why Do People Beg For Money On Nairaland / Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. / Kogi People Beg Tinubu For Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by silibaba: 1:51pm On Mar 23, 2022
Contekbbc:

How is this related to Tinubu?
For your mind now,you are rich.
OBO himself.
Do you think people asking for help deserve such lives or that their life can't turn around in the future.
It's people like you that will be saying people are not coming to your rescue not remembering what you did to them when you get little change.
Wrong mentality
please I didn't say am rich Biko. At least am wealthy.

Nigerians complain alot, but when it is time to use their pvc to change their situation, they become tribalistic.

Go to Netherlands, there is no single beggar there. They don't even have much natural resources. But here in Nigeria, with everything God almighty have blessed us with, we all should be on salary like the UAE. But one person will just give you a Derica of rice and you sell you mandate for a plate of porridge and he will use bullion van to move my money, your money around and we go dey one corner they hail am. Then tomorrow, you dey run kitikata, dey find who go borrow you money.

It is time to get it right once and for all. (election2032)

9 Likes

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by tellwisdom: 1:51pm On Mar 23, 2022
If only they know u are suffering in Turkey, they wouldn’t be begging u.

4 Likes

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Brushstrokes20: 1:57pm On Mar 23, 2022
Aftermath of satanic CHAINge reloaded! undecided
The shithole is on a cliff edge!
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Dearlord(m): 2:00pm On Mar 23, 2022
gabicon:

We have fully entered into the first stage of ideological subversion which is Demoralization. Demoralization is the point where the brain that ought to think "ABC" starts thinking "CBA". People know what they ought to do about their situation but lack the moral to do something about their situation so they resort to vices like money rituals, begging, fraud, other crimes, etc. We have so many with an education but can't make anything out of it. People practically worship money in Nigeria. The end goal of ideological subversion is the total collapse of a nation.

You 've said it all bro.
These monetary mindset of our society today makes me go insane
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by nedekid: 2:01pm On Mar 23, 2022
As for me, I don't pick calls again, especially unknown numbers. Thank God I have a dedicated business line I don't use to make calls so folks don't have the number.
Why? See 90% of the calls and whatsapp, fb etc I get is from folks asking for money.
Eg. Old school mate I met at reunion after not seeing for over 33 years. Called
1 week after party I sent money. 1 week later she called that her friend(Sic) was owing online loan app and they are disturbing her. Her friend need 50k shocked as I de write this she de call me sef.
Another one say house rent don expire landlord Wan pursue family. My paddy nko, the one that almost punch my over buhari matter, that one and another no de follow me talk again!
Just say hi to person now, the next thing is Bill.
So to avoid quarell, I don't pick calls or respond to messages.
Those my mind moves me to assist I do, but unfortunately, the next week they are back to ask.
Some that ask me for loan nko, don't even go there, once you give them, that is the end, they will meet with you everyday and do as if you dash them the money. So me, i don't lend money again.
Suppring thing is that na manage I de, If I wanna drink, I buy a bottle of red label, ice etc, stay home or drive out, stay in my car and drink, instead of entering joint and buying drink of 6k for 15k.
I built my own barbeque griller, on weekends we de house grill fish that they sell outside for 7k outside. Chicken they sell 8k for bar, I go buy 2 kilo chicken, 2 kilo turkey. Spice am grill for compound garden grin
Things are really hard right now for Nigerians due to this evil regime.

7 Likes

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by averageguy(m): 2:01pm On Mar 23, 2022
Okey2010:
You don't need to come here to write this rubbish those that beg you are those that knows you if you can't help tell them you don't have.Some of you if you escape from Nigeria you start acting weird

I understand your point here and why you feel this way.

However, a lot of posts and comments on this forum are from guys complaining that ladies ask for gifts or help from them especially in romantic relationships. Should this your advice apply to them as well?

1 Like

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by od501: 2:02pm On Mar 23, 2022
Or11:
I will get straight to the point. I get messages all the time from people in Nigeria asking for money and the surprising thing is it's abled bodied men who beg. Some of them act like big boys on social media but codedly begging using every excuse to ask for money.

I wonder why they can't go and work. Ok there are no jobs but what happened to being an entrepreneur. Anyone can be a real estate agent, car sales agent, shipping/clearing agent or just learn a handwork.

I don't go on Facebook anyone because as soon as I go online, the next thing is *beep beep*, a message comes in that reads "baba every red, pls send anything I go manage am", " My dstv sub don expire, na weekend, borrow me 20k, I go pay you back on Monday ", " My pikin get asthma, abeg I need money buy inhaler", "bros pls I travel go village and spend all my money, I need funds to travel back to Lagos and many more.

What is going on in naija abeg?

It's like the alarm never blow reach your side. Guy... things are bad oo... if you get, please give. Things are very bad.
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by AntiAPC2023(f): 2:03pm On Mar 23, 2022
Uzomacharles:
Na only you know wetin you dey post wey dey make people dey beg you....

na show off bro
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by AntiAPC2023(f): 2:04pm On Mar 23, 2022
MeghaneMorgane:
grin

Very true. Avoid posting affluence and luxury lifestyle on social media to avoid beggars sending you messages.

Onetime I posted a mirror picture of me on my WhatsApp status. I forgot my phone has 3 cameras at the back. Naso person ask me what phone I’m using and how much I bought it. Naso she say on her next birthday I should buy her as gift angry

I told her straight up that I can’t buy her as gift.

On my WhatsApp status I block certain people from seeing me. So that when I post myself enjoying, you won’t be able to see my pictures to start begging
kindly give me your WhatsApp number let's discuss cool
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Mikeeytools: 2:05pm On Mar 23, 2022
Uncle96:

If they were okay or rich , they would never have to beg you for money , let that sink !
good words for you to help the little way you can you are bragging. If you were in the other side you would not be posting this nonsense.
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by yunqdady: 2:06pm On Mar 23, 2022
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Weirdbeggar: 2:06pm On Mar 23, 2022
obembet:
Ask it shall be giving
pls ma, i need your help.
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Phock2sweet: 2:07pm On Mar 23, 2022
yunqdady:
Go and Bleep and get money
don't judge me na
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Toktee(m): 2:08pm On Mar 23, 2022
Or11:
I will get straight to the point. I get messages all the time from people in Nigeria asking for money and the surprising thing is it's abled bodied men who beg. Some of them act like big boys on social media but codedly begging using every excuse to ask for money.

I wonder why they can't go and work. Ok there are no jobs but what happened to being an entrepreneur. Anyone can be a real estate agent, car sales agent, shipping/clearing agent or just learn a handwork.

I don't go on Facebook anyone because as soon as I go online, the next thing is *beep beep*, a message comes in that reads "baba every red, pls send anything I go manage am", " My dstv sub don expire, na weekend, borrow me 20k, I go pay you back on Monday ", " My pikin get asthma, abeg I need money buy inhaler", "bros pls I travel go village and spend all my money, I need funds to travel back to Lagos and many more.

Hmmm there is no dignity in begging....differents reasons and conditions pushed many people to beg while others made begging a life time occupation....
As an orphan i remembered when in 2017 i came here to solicite for assistance to be able to pay my tuition which was increased the same year i got admission,this is becuse i never plan to pay hundred thousand naira for school fees but 50k....i received enough insults many people called me scammer even though i presented admission letter to proof i was not trying to scam anyone.....the insults made me to cry all night thereafter i put myself together and today i thank God for everything.
What am saying is not everyone beg because he want to beg but condition push some people to beg.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Sleekfingers: 2:09pm On Mar 23, 2022
Uncle96:

If they were okay or rich , they would never have to beg you for money , let that sink !

Lost of them are just lazy bones....of course, we are not gonna be rich.....and I know that the economy is not smiling on many nigerians. But lots of nigerians have turned begging to something else. Especially able-bodied youths.... .take social media platforms for example, begging is the new norm. Go to do shopping staff there will be begging , Atm gallery na begging, security guards at banks, hotels etc na begging ...... ..

Check out nairaland, beggars everywhere.....any some opportunity na begging......

I don't give fools and lazy motherf...kers money....

1 Like

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by orieofokas: 2:10pm On Mar 23, 2022
Oga be thankful for your life...if they have they won't be asking or begging you is because they see u that is why they are asking u if they don't see u they would look for someone else...it unfair on your path to start revealing or posting someone begging you for money here
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Dmacqh(m): 2:10pm On Mar 23, 2022
There’s dignity in simplicity. In all you do , have wisdom . Be humble either as a giver or receiver . Either you are privileged or less privileged. Also if you are the top , make life easy for people below you .
If you don’t want to give , use common sense , dignity and politeness and dismiss the person .
They will beg you , but they won’t force you or point a gun at you .
I’ve asked for assistance here concerning school severally , nobody cared to look my side . Did I get mad , no. Wether you give or not , what gonna be , gonna be .
To the op your type will be quick to dash girls money and gift , take them to eateries etc but you see your fellow guy begging you for food , as disturbance. Nobody is happy begging , except the person is shameless .
Yes , nobody will tell you what to do with your money .
But anything you give to your guy , it’s just hold for me .
When people beg , you can actually counsel them , offer them work if you have , help them with start up , teach them work etc . It must not be money . When the person continues begging , then you know it’s another thing altogether .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Sleekfingers: 2:11pm On Mar 23, 2022
Martinez39s:
I started noticing a large increase in professional and coded begging this year. I am not talking about online begging or friends/acquaintance asking you stuffs; I am talking about total strangers approaching you to ask for money (usually transport). SMH.

Na formats.... they are bunch of lazy bones......go all around bus stops in lagos....they are too much....
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Sleekfingers: 2:12pm On Mar 23, 2022
TheKingIsHere:

Stfu. Some of you beg even when you still have. I know of some many people that have turned begging to a source of living. angry angry

You are absolutely right.....very annoying
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by od501: 2:12pm On Mar 23, 2022
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Rubyjade:
The hardship is unprecedented
Diesel is N800 per liter
Police will be going on strike in few days time
The national Grid has collapsed
Inflation is high

Social media has amplified it. Many Nigerians are struggling, but a lot are just really scammers trying to take advantage of peoples kindness even here on nairaland

One of the most difficlt things is figuring who is really in need of help, and who is just a hustler

Modus Operandi
They will get pictures of an injured person, recycle them and then claim they are the ones in need.

On the flip side, you also need to stop forming big man or well to do on SM. people will not be disturbing you if they see you as broke.

But I have said it and will say it again save your money in USDT, learn how to stake and mint NFT's

Join m y c r y p t o n g on telegram

Drop your Telegram link sir

1 Like

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Sleekfingers: 2:13pm On Mar 23, 2022
TheGift:
Someone actually begs for money for DSTV subscription ? Is it by force to watch DSTV?

I tire o....it shows how lots of nigerians have turned begging to a source of living.....

2 Likes

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Rubyjade: 2:13pm On Mar 23, 2022
od501:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

Drop your Telegram link sir Ma
check the last statement on the post you quoted.
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by youngsum(m): 2:14pm On Mar 23, 2022
iLegendd:
Boss, can I get $2? My masturbation cream has finished. Please, help me out. I will pay back, trust me.
grin grin ilegendd
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 23, 2022
Boss I no like begging I wan learn digital skills I don get 30k not enough to get a laptop.If you get job for me to raise another 30k I will be glad.Thanks
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by chatinent: 2:16pm On Mar 23, 2022
If you no beg for Naija, you fit die o
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by dododawa1: 2:18pm On Mar 23, 2022
It good to BEG and get insulted to STEALING / RITUALIST.
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Litmus: 2:22pm On Mar 23, 2022
In relation to online begging, there will be an increase regardless of who is in power or how well the economy does. This is since there is a tradition of begging in Nigeria (see below) and since Nigerians are exceptionally adaptable people, these beggers will and are going high-tech, utilising mobile phones, due to the fact we are in the social media and mass communication age.

Tradition of begging in Nigeria is
often attributed to the Almajiranci system in Northern Nigeria; the absence of a care system for the disabled; lazyness caused by our traditional care system facilitated by overseas remittance; plain shameless hustling and open borders through which beggers from Sahel region troop into Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by seyz91(m): 2:25pm On Mar 23, 2022
cheesy
Bestiee01:
Baba,abeg shine ur face for my side.i neva eat since yesterday.
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by seyz91(m): 2:27pm On Mar 23, 2022
cheesy
Sacred007:
grin nah like you take rich?

this one that the whole world is disturbing uu
sorry oo Dangote 2
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by cp3o: 2:27pm On Mar 23, 2022
Or11:

THE HARDSHIP IS REALLY BAD.
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by EgunMogaji2: 2:29pm On Mar 23, 2022
Newton2024:
Poverty apart, most nigerians lack dignity and self-respect. We have seen a Nigerian woman in Canada begging people for money. Is their no job in Canada?

Really, why? There’s lots of resources abroad.
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Litmus: 2:30pm On Mar 23, 2022
Just as Mobil phones has given the uninformed Nigeria masses an over opinionated voice on the social media world stage, so it is giving the begging classes exposure to wider world market.

These things will worsen until Nigeria becomes a more organized state, with laws and, unfortunately, deep buerocracy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts / NL Females: Which Body Will You Prefer To Have? And Guys Pick One! / *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.