Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,996 members, 7,810,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot (24525 Views)

Why Do People Beg For Money On Nairaland / Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. / Kogi People Beg Tinubu For Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by COMPAQ(m): 4:12pm On Mar 23, 2022
Or11:
I will get straight to the point. I get messages all the time from people in Nigeria asking for money and the surprising thing is it's abled bodied men who beg. Some of them act like big boys on social media but codedly begging using every excuse to ask for money.

I wonder why they can't go and work. Ok there are no jobs but what happened to being an entrepreneur. Anyone can be a real estate agent, car sales agent, shipping/clearing agent or just learn a handwork.

I don't go on Facebook anyone because as soon as I go online, the next thing is *beep beep*, a message comes in that reads "baba every red, pls send anything I go manage am", " My dstv sub don expire, na weekend, borrow me 20k, I go pay you back on Monday ", " My pikin get asthma, abeg I need money buy inhaler", "bros pls I travel go village and spend all my money, I need funds to travel back to Lagos and many more.

Are you not seeing the poverty in the land!!?
What is going on in naija abeg?
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by FireUpNow(m): 4:12pm On Mar 23, 2022
If you want to help then help and stop complaining. Times are hard

1 Like

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by nedekid: 4:32pm On Mar 23, 2022
We4all:

When you hit rock bottom you will start receiving calls again.

This reminds me of a guy who said he doesn’t receive calls. Would you blame him? He was wealthy with a nice paying job. Niggar looked down on people and would never receive or return calls.

Fate dealt a blow in him and he lost everything. Dude became humbled and learnt to start flashing because he couldn’t even afford airtime.
I rebuke and reject your hit bottom proclamation. Let's assume you meant something else.
See this guy, abi don't you know I have paid my dues? Besides who told you I am rich? I just explained how I live within my means, manage myself, cut out frivolous spending.
Are you suggesting that I give all my little change out to everyone that ask me?
On this forum years back, based on giving airtime or breakfast to 10 people, I ended up giving to over 70 despite the little I have. Who gives me? Don't you know I am a family man with kids, private university school fees to pay?
I explained that I don't pick calls, what is the reason? People call to ask for money and since I don't want to offend anyone by declining, I will not pick. Simple!
Or are you saying I should lend people money, then it turns to fight to get my money back? Last guy I gave 2 months ago told me it was till month end when he gets his salary. I told him to take from online app, dude said he hid not like them. I gave him, till today he has not mentioned he owed me not to talk of paying. He sees me and walks pass.
Abeg, I don't like your first statement!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Qatar2022: 4:50pm On Mar 23, 2022
dangermouse:
The hardship being experienced in Nigeria now is unprecedented.

On the streets of Lagos you see mama with children soliciting for arms to eat, old men , little boys and girls are not left out.

The economic hardship is real. Those with jobs can't even cope talk less of those without job.
Investigate well before lending a helping hand though cos not all of them are genuine!

It's a lie don't blame hardship Nigerian beg a lot

2 Likes

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by highness25(m): 5:03pm On Mar 23, 2022
Newton2024:
Poverty apart, most nigerians lack dignity and self-respect. We have seen a Nigerian woman in Canada begging people for money. Is their no job in Canada?
Who wan employ Nigerian for Canada? Once you hear the country name you don change mind
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by theultimatep3(m): 5:07pm On Mar 23, 2022
Or11:

It's annoying. Economy is hard but people are surviving. The set of people don't want to work. I sent some money and weeks later they come back so I stopped giving anyone fully. There are business that require no income, just a phone with data and I'm not talking about 419. Agents in most trades don't require income yet they no see that one do, it's begging they prefer.

Brother, there is nobody that doesn't want to work for money. Everywhere tight. Expenditure everywhere

1 Like

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by IJEYdiamond(f): 5:18pm On Mar 23, 2022
Or11:
I will get straight to the point. I get messages all the time from people in Nigeria asking for money and the surprising thing is it's abled bodied men who beg. Some of them act like big boys on social media but codedly begging using every excuse to ask for money.

I wonder why they can't go and work. Ok there are no jobs but what happened to being an entrepreneur. Anyone can be a real estate agent, car sales agent, shipping/clearing agent or just learn a handwork.

I don't go on Facebook anyone because as soon as I go online, the next thing is *beep beep*, a message comes in that reads "baba every red, pls send anything I go manage am", " My dstv sub don expire, na weekend, borrow me 20k, I go pay you back on Monday ", " My pikin get asthma, abeg I need money buy inhaler", "bros pls I travel go village and spend all my money, I need funds to travel back to Lagos and many more.

What is going on in naija abeg?

Hmmmm...

Are u saying u dont know what is going on in d country.... even banks and radio stations are feeling it & u talking about one man business

Abi u didn't hear wetin Tony Eleumelu talk??

Is as if u dont know what is really going on..!!

2 Likes

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by We4all: 5:19pm On Mar 23, 2022
nedekid:

I rebuke and reject your hit bottom proclamation. Let's assume you meant something else.
See this guy, abi don't you know I have paid my dues? Besides who told you I am rich? I just explained how I live within my means, manage myself, cut out frivolous spending.
Are you suggesting that I give all my little change out to everyone that ask me?
On this forum years back, based on giving airtime or breakfast to 10 people, I ended up giving to over 70 despite the little I have. Who gives me? Don't you know I am a family man with kids, private university school fees to pay?
I explained that I don't pick calls, what is the reason? People call to ask for money and since I don't want to offend anyone by declining, I will not pick. Simple!
Or are you saying I should lend people money, then it turns to fight to get my money back? Last guy I gave 2 months ago told me it was till month end when he gets his salary. I told him to take from online app, dude said he hid not like them. I gave him, till today he has not mentioned he owed me not to talk of paying. He sees me and walks pass.
Abeg, I don't like your first statement!

No offense meant. I was just trying to make a point. I am even surprised that you are a family man. I am also surprised that you don’t pick calls as a family man. You should start picking calls cos some calls could be an emergency.

I will tell you a brief story. My mom will never see a missed call and not call back. It is one of her life’s policy. Do you know why? Twice that my siblings were involved in an accident, it was a random call she got.

There was a wealthy man who claimed he doesn’t answer calls from strange numbers. What happened? His only son was involved in a ghastly accident.

A good Samaritan tried to reach him but he wouldn’t pick up. The good Samaritan decided to send a message and by the time he responded it was too late.

My mom will say: “Don’t reject a call but you’re free to reject the message behind the call”. I hope you get it now?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Uzomacharles: 5:30pm On Mar 23, 2022
Thanksful:

You don't need to post anything. Just live outside this country them go think say you dey pack dollars.

Shey na only am dey live outside the country?
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by nedekid: 5:40pm On Mar 23, 2022
We4all:

No offense meant. I was just trying to make a point. I am even surprised that you are a family man. I am also surprised that you don’t pick calls as a family man. You should start picking calls cos some calls could be an emergency.

I will tell you a brief story. My mom will never see a missed call and not call back. It is one of her life’s policy. Do you know why? Twice that my siblings were involved in an accident, it was a random call she got.

There was a wealthy man who claimed he doesn’t answer calls from strange numbers. What happened? His only son was involved in a ghastly accident.

A good Samaritan tried to reach him but he wouldn’t pick up. The good Samaritan decided to send a message and by the time he responded it was too late.

My mom will say: “Don’t reject a call but you’re free to reject the message behind the call”. I hope you get it now?
I get your point.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by zumbigbo(m): 6:11pm On Mar 23, 2022
I am coming home next week for 2 week holiday. I fear the 1 million naira I get for pocket, will not last.
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by abeggnow: 6:52pm On Mar 23, 2022
dangermouse:
The hardship being experienced in Nigeria now is unprecedented.

On the streets of Lagos you see mama with children soliciting for arms to eat, old men , little boys and girls are not left out.

The economic hardship is real. Those with jobs can't even cope talk less of those without job.
Investigate well before lending a helping hand though cos not all of them are genuine!

not true. it is poor self esteem and greed.
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Matrixlord2021: 7:08pm On Mar 23, 2022
The hardship is soo much.it would have been better if there was food to eat but even money to get basic emenities is so hard to get even to a government worker.
Salary Job is now the most useless Job you can get because at the end of the month, ita wither the State o federal gpvernment don't pay 100% salary or pay 50 0r 60 percent.
Then the minimum wage is not even implemented.
Its like as if paying salary is a burden while owing arrears is now a thing of pleasure.
The most pitiable truth about the situation is that services whic people pay for here is not stable and accessible like it is with abroad counterparts making the situation more like hell.
So you can imagine it all.
It is like a cycle and that is why once a little money comes its spent on getting services that is not stable and goods that are not alwaya available but at high prices.
Its always back to square one with a total loss.
This Is why able bodied men also beg and a family would be begin also.

1 Like

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Aaay: 7:37pm On Mar 23, 2022
Ask the government
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by weaseloo: 10:52pm On Mar 23, 2022
Let’s not forget that some people actually do beg because they need help!

If you have, and someone asks you, just give. It is called kindness and generosity. The person might never be able to pay you back, but karma/God/goodwill/etc will pay you back.

No situation is permanent!

1 Like

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Immorttal: 2:40am On Mar 24, 2022
Uzomacharles:
Na only you know wetin you dey post wey dey make people dey beg you....

You don't need to post anything. I get that a lot without posting anything.
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by NACE13: 8:29am On Mar 24, 2022
How can someone be begging so he can recharge his cable TV
Some people can be funny o. Begging to maintain a certain life style, not even for the primary needs like food, shelter, education and so on. I had a friend who kept yammering it to my ear that he is broke and he needs money, though he never asked me directly. I decided to spare him 5k make him at least use am hold stomach for a week or more.
I don't know what led to him showing me his wine cellar and mini bar, saying his drinks are going down angry and here I was trying to give him small 5k to manage while he's telling me he is running low on alcohol in his mini bar.
I just lock up after that day.
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by SeeItSayIt: 11:49am On Mar 24, 2022
You want to come & be claiming ignorant of happenings in Nigeria, right?

What's happening is that Buhari is doing very well & Nigeria is the richest country on the planet now.

Amebo shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by henrixx(m): 8:36am On Mar 25, 2022
Uzomacharles:
Na only you know wetin you dey post wey dey make people dey beg you....

mad grin . honestly if people dey beg you always it's because you dey show yourself. e get as person go get money wella but your lowkey and humble nature won't attract beggars

1 Like

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Weirdbeggar: 8:48pm On Apr 02, 2022
obembet:

Ask
good day.
Its about you lending me some money pls would you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Air Force Ranks And Salary Structure / U.N Suspends Food Distribution As IDPs Attack Them For Giving Them Small Food / 3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.