Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,543 members, 7,827,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! (37610 Views)

Update On "Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mom" / I Hit My Husband By Mistake / I Hit My Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! by tonididdy(m): 10:52am On Mar 25, 2022
Moz22:
did u just say weeks? Sometimes u don't just jump into conclusions and I far earn even more than some salary earners. I love my job, I never stayed that I was poor. I live within my means and I'm comfortable atleast
Your last sentence says otherwise to your claim of earning more than salary earners.
I doubt am the right person to dish an advice out.

I only shared my opinion based on an experience of a childhood bro but he's case was with his father, so much so his youngest brother that day broke his skull open with a mortar after he attaacked their father. Turned out it was spiritual and mental.
Today that bro has over 4 houses in Nigeria, he built his house on same street as his father. He commanded respect out of his father with this action and the rest is history.

Still on still all am saying is, "double your husto and make e show for your body"
Re: Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! by Moz22: 10:54am On Mar 25, 2022
tonididdy:

Your last sentence says otherwise to your claim of earning more than salary earners.
I doubt am the right person to dish an advice out.

I only shared my opinion based on an experience of a childhood bro but he's case was with his father, so much so his youngest brother that day broke his skull open with a mortar after he attaacked their father. Turned out it was spiritual and mental.
Today that bro has over 4 houses in Nigeria, he built his house on same street as his father. He commanded respect out of his father with this action and the rest is history.

Still on still all am saying is, "double your husto and make e show for your body"
thank u anyway

1 Like

Re: Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! by Shhhh01(f): 11:58am On Mar 25, 2022
Please you saying his future kids will do it to him, i disagree. It is all about psychology. He did it out of reflex, anger, pain which he has been experiencing with his mom. I believe he will be a great father/parent and will never allow his children have this kind of hatred he had for his mom. Do u know that if this was all he saw when growing up it will surely affect him emotionally and psychologically which i believe it has?? He did wrong hitting his mom but being a human being we have our limits. @OP, try apologizing to your mom. You r obviously not a bad kid, you reacted because of what u have experienced from your mom since child hood. My advice, ask her forgiveness, ask your dad too for forgiveness, try as much as possible to avoid her, and i pray this does not repeat itself again. You are a good man, do not let these kind of things stain your good image. Also be prayerful.
Iyaebe:
Hmmmm,you need to seriously beg for her forgiveness else your future kids will hit you too and it becomes a thing in the family, you should have simply left the scene rather than exchanging words with her but she pushed you to it which is bad on her side but she’s your mom and has some edge over you.Learn to keep some distance from people who can easily trigger you be it parents and whatever.Go and redeem this messy situation and never allow such to happen again,also ask God to forgive you after your mom has finally forgiven you.Good luck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! by dododawa1: 1:16pm On Mar 25, 2022
OYINBO culture is differ to BLACK culture period.
Re: Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! by timy22(f): 3:24pm On Mar 25, 2022
Moz22:
okay

Dont say ok. Reject every evil statement against your life.
Re: Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! by Moz22: 3:27pm On Mar 25, 2022
timy22:

Dont say ok. Reject every evil statement against your life.
I can't even remember what i said okay to but I'm sure that person insulted me.. don't have that much energy to reciprocate in d manner he or she did

1 Like

Re: Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! by EMILO2STAY(m): 8:58pm On Mar 25, 2022
peacemara54:

My brother, no matter your argument or point, it's not an excuse. It's true some parents have some kind of terrible behavior. And the word of God also , warned parent not to provoke their children to anger.

If they failed, their judgment is in God's hands not yours. Most times, women often shows aggression due to what they are passing through. It's not so common finding a woman whose husband makes everything comfortable for, suddenly develop aggression

There is a limit to what women can bare especially when thing are not working in the family at times.

But in all, God sees it that way. I will try and find the scriptural verse but it's in the Bible.

Bible says, "whoever beat his parent, his lamp shall forever be quenched" No matter the reason behind it, God will not recognize that. Beating your parent is a curse from God.

Most times, parents commit certain acts that aren't just right and they know but will never accept their fault.

At times, it takes patience and Gods wisdom to correct our parent but w can actually correct them and let them see things the way we do.

In whatsoever situation, pls avoid any situation that will leads to hiting your parent. It's the surest way of suicide. Anyone who does that, dies a natural death.
guy just listen to yourself. why do you think the bible advised parents not to provoke their children ? and why do you also think the BIBLE advised parents to train up a child in the way he should go?
look let Me tell you, christ said the kingdom of God is for children,.. meaning that children are innocent before God and cannot be held accountable before God.

now can you understand the meaning of train up a child in the way he should go? that is because they are innocent before God and christ said any one who offends them it will be better for a millstone to be tied around their neck and thrown into river than to face wrath of God.

tell me what happens to a child when you emotionally traumatised and demoralize them from a very young? what kind upbringing are you giving to that child? what do you think they will grow up to become? will you blame that child if he is demoralized, violent and full of hate for the parent or will you blame the parent who brought him up that way?

no child comes out of their mothers womb nurturing the thought of beating their parents. parenting is not because they gave birth to you or because you live under their roof or eat their food, parenting is moulding the character of your child in loving kindness.
what you give is what you get you cannot sow mango and rip orange. violence begates violence she is ripping what she has sown.

that young man is a victim and will not suffer any consequences rather the person suffering the consequences of her actions is the mother.

you actually talk like a typical Nigerian parent who thinks selfishly and thinks that family is all about them and nothing to do with their children. Change your mentallity

2 Likes

Re: Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! by VanuatuWycombe: 9:38pm On Mar 25, 2022
Moz22:
my music pays me even more than when I worked in d bank. I'm a hnd graduate of accountancy. I'm not just some wayward kid

Good that you are not wayward, bro but try and manage mama. The way you reply to people’s comments on this platform points towards some things not expected of you. I am not out to blame you but let their be that mother-son respect no matter how tough the situation should be.
Re: Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! by peacemara54(m): 11:22pm On Mar 25, 2022
EMILO2STAY:
guy just listen to yourself. why do you think the bible advised parents not to provoke their children ? and why do you also think the BIBLE advised parents to train up a child in the way he should go?
look let Me tell you, christ said the kingdom of God is for children,.. meaning that children are innocent before God and cannot be held accountable before God.

now can you understand the meaning of train up a child in the way he should go? that is because they are innocent before God and christ said any one who offends them it will be better for a millstone to be tied around their neck and thrown into river than to face wrath of God.

tell me what happens to a child when you emotionally traumatised and demoralize them from a very young? what kind upbringing are you giving to that child? what do you think they will grow up to become? will you blame that child if he is demoralized, violent and full of hate for the parent or will you blame the parent who brought him up that way?

no child comes out of their mothers womb nurturing the thought of beating their parents. parenting is not because they gave birth to you or because you live under their roof or eat their food, parenting is moulding the character of your child in loving kindness.
what you give is what you get you cannot sow mango and rip orange. violence begates violence she is ripping what she has sown.

that young man is a victim and will not suffer any consequences rather the person suffering the consequences of her actions is the mother.

you actually talk like a typical Nigerian parent who thinks selfishly and thinks that family is all about them and nothing to do with their children. Change your mentallity

This is not mentality, but the standard of God. I repeat, you have no excuse. Assuming your parent was the wicked type and they failed to train you as you ought to be trained,

Now that you have grown old, you can distinguish your right from left. You know the good and bad.

Assuming your mum didn't teach you how to wash cloth, but as a grown up now, can you put on dirty cloth just because your mum didn't teach you how to wash?

Is that an excuse to put on dirty cloth? Won't you be ashamed of friends and folk? Of course you will learn how to wash and correct that.

Likewise as you grow older, you now have the knowledge of the good and bad. You understand fully well where your parent is lacking and what they fail to do, in your upbringing when you're young.

Don't you have the opportunity to change that, now that you've grown older. Some parents don't have the fund , sponsoring their children education. But those children will still struggle, doing all kind of odd jobs, sponsor themselves in school and become a better person.

Whatever your parent pass you through, it's not the determinant of what you'll become. Either bad upbringing or not, your destiny is in your hands.

You can still make yourself a better person not allowing your parent to take your best. The more you grow and sought for revenge, the more you become bitter, the more you become lesser.

These parent do have reflection of all they've done bad, and they always regret it. Whatever the attitude and behavior of you parent, know for sure, they also inherited it from their parent too
So the chain continue and only you can change it.

It's like my that is a lion type. Whenever he's coming, we do run inside our rooms. Because he's nor the play type. It really affect me when I grew. But thanks to the Lord Jesus who rescue me from sinful lifestyle..

Have determined never to be hard on kids. I will be the best friend they can ever have. That's the only way to change it. Can I repay my Dad for that? Even though it pains whenever I remember bur, the only solution is to pass love to my kids

I later discovered, my grandfather never shew any kind of love towards my father in his youthful days. My grandfather treated him like an outcast and that's how my father caught the coldness.

So, you can't really blame the parent. Dig deep into there upbringing if you won't find something worse.
The change can start from you. Change and not vengeance
Re: Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! by EMILO2STAY(m): 11:53pm On Mar 25, 2022
peacemara54:

This is not mentality, but the standard of God. I repeat, you have no excuse. Assuming your parent was the wicked type and they failed to train you as you ought to be trained,

Now that you have grown old, you can distinguish your right from left. You know the good and bad.

Assuming your mum didn't teach you how to wash cloth, but as a grown up now, can you put on dirty cloth just because your mum didn't teach you how to wash?

Is that an excuse to put on dirty cloth? Won't you be ashamed of friends and folk? Of course you will learn how to wash and correct that.

Likewise as you grow older, you now have the knowledge of the good and bad. You understand fully well where your parent is lacking and what they fail to do, in your upbringing when you're young.

Don't you have the opportunity to change that, now that you've grown older. Some parents don't have the fund , sponsoring their children education. But those children will still struggle, doing all kind of odd jobs, sponsor themselves in school and become a better person.

Whatever your parent pass you through, it's not the determinant of what you'll become. Either bad upbringing or not, your destiny is in your hands.

You can still make yourself a better person not allowing your parent to take your best. The more you grow and sought for revenge, the more you become bitter, the more you become lesser.

These parent do have reflection of all they've done bad, and they always regret it. Whatever the attitude and behavior of you parent, know for sure, they also inherited it from their parent too
So the chain continue and only you can change it.

It's like my that is a lion type. Whenever he's coming, we do run inside our rooms. Because he's nor the play type. It really affect me when I grew. But thanks to the Lord Jesus who rescue me from sinful lifestyle..

Have determined never to be hard on kids. I will be the best friend they can ever have. That's the only way to change it. Can I repay my Dad for that? Even though it pains whenever I remember bur, the only solution is to pass love to my kids

I later discovered, my grandfather never shew any kind of love towards my father in his youthful days. My grandfather treated him like an outcast and that's how my father caught the coldness.

So, you can't really blame the parent. Dig deep into there upbringing if you won't find something worse.
The change can start from you. Change and not vengeance
oga no need for further argument. what ever a parent gets from the child is what they instilled in him/her. stop making excuses for bad parenting. call a spade a spade

1 Like

Re: Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! by Nobody: 12:09am On Mar 26, 2022
Fahdiga:
You try. kudos. May your children lift you 8ft above the ground and leave you to fall yakata in future in Jesus name amen

For what?

I reject it for him in jesus name.

Look, the mother should know better than to hit a grown man like he's a baby. Provoke not your children to wrath abeg!
Re: Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! by peacemara54(m): 2:03am On Mar 26, 2022
EMILO2STAY:
oga no need for further argument. what ever a parent gets from the child is what they instilled in him/her. stop making excuses for bad parenting. call a spade a spade

Bad parenting is bad but two wrong doesn't make a right. But be very sure of this, whatever vengeance you pour on your parents, your children will pay on multiple folds. That's how God made it. No excuse is tenable for victimizing the channel through which you come to this world.

Either wrong or right, their judgment is not in your hands. To God only belong vengeance , not man

Bible says, in the book of ephesians 6:1-2.." Honour thy father and mother that it may be well with you and your days..."

No condition attached. Either they do bad or good God says honour them. And if you don't, the repercussion is there.
Re: Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! by Munzy14(m): 6:13am On Mar 26, 2022
Mariangeles:

In spite of everything, try not to hate her.

When the whole situation is calm, prostrate and say sorry to her.
Tell her it’ll never happen again.
Then buy her something she’d find hard to reject.
Onye mummy.. cheesy
Re: Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! by Kooldame: 10:59am On Mar 26, 2022
Some mothers don't worth to be mothers, nevertheless I don't take a side with someone beating his mother,though my mom told me of a man who slapped his mother for being always drunk and naked inside d gutter,though he was d one who have been catering for her.
Look for a way of asking your friends and siblings to follow you and beg her,then stay away from her till you become successful so that you can compensate her by buying her a jeep.Then the story will change

1 Like

Re: Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! by Joetttimua1811(m): 11:12am On Mar 26, 2022
Hmmmmm try to always control it especially when it has to do with parents me I would've since left the house without coming back if possible take my younger brother with me and avoid coming home.
Re: Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! by EMILO2STAY(m): 1:59pm On Mar 26, 2022
peacemara54:

Bad parenting is bad but two wrong doesn't make a right. But be very sure of this, whatever vengeance you pour on your parents, your children will pay on multiple folds. That's how God made it. No excuse is tenable for victimizing the channel through which you come to this world.

Either wrong or right, their judgment is not in your hands. To God only belong vengeance , not man

Bible says, in the book of ephesians 6:1-2.." Honour thy father and mother that it may be well with you and your days..."

No condition attached. Either they do bad or good God says honour them. And if you don't, the repercussion is there.
so who is supposed to make it right ? the parent who are more experienced and mature who's duty is to train up a child in the way he should go in loving kindness or the naive immature and inexperienced child who is still learning?
please change your backward niaja mentality asap.

the Nigerian society is churning out weak and demoralised men who can't stand up as men against oppression and bad parenting contributes a lot to thi, this is why we continue to suffer and smile.

the same Ephesians 6:4 said parents do not provoke your children to wrath.
God is not a fool to advise both parents and children. you only feel that children's advise to their parents should be adhered to but not parents advise to children what kind of person are you.

from the way you talk ,children should trampled upon demoralised traumatised treated like slaves and they should not speak about it because some one open Toto and gave birth to them.

parents are not Gods, they only deserve respect if they play their role very well as parents should, apart from that then they should be blamed and not the child.
Re: Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! by Card7: 5:53pm On Mar 26, 2022
Dear sir,

I think you should call your dad, you guys should meet and talk heart to heart and possibly seeks ways to ask for her forgiveness.
If possible, your dad should talk to your mum as well to change for the better.
All forms of pain whether mental, physical or emotional is never an easy load to carry not to talk of someone having to carry all three.
Make a move, talk to your dad, someone you are sure can help or go alone, ask for forgiveness and move on.
I hope you make up your mind not to make mistakes your mum might have made and also do better. Good luck moving forward.

2 Likes

Re: Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! by Card7: 5:56pm On Mar 26, 2022
Also, don't forget to show your sibbing all the love he can get, this is very important.

1 Like

Re: Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! by Obialulifecoacj(f): 9:11pm On Mar 26, 2022
peacemara54:

You are here quoting scriptures. What of people who dont believe? Dint be myopic in reasoning. She is a terrible mother and you can only understand if you have ever worn the shoes. For now, cook your scriptures and eat it. Learn to be objective .

1 Like

Re: Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! by Moz22: 11:32pm On Mar 26, 2022
Card7:
Dear sir,

I think you should call your dad, you guys should meet and talk heart to heart and possibly seeks ways to ask for her forgiveness.
If possible, your dad should talk to your mum as well to change for the better.
All forms of pain whether mental, physical or emotional is never an easy load to carry not to talk of someone having to carry all three.
Make a move, talk to your dad, someone you are sure can help or go alone, ask for forgiveness and move on.
I hope you make up your mind not to make mistakes your mum might have made and also do better. Good luck moving forward.
thank u card
Re: Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! by Chidi2022: 11:35pm On Mar 26, 2022
Moz22:
thank u card
What is the latest development Have you been able to get across to her?
Re: Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! by Moz22: 10:57pm On Mar 27, 2022
Chidi2022:
What is the latest development Have you been able to get across to her?
Tomorrow, I'll... She's my mother after all. However I plan to get someone to help apologize with me. I hope she forgives me but if she doesn't, all well and good.
Re: Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! by Chidi2022: 11:09pm On Mar 27, 2022
Moz22:
Tomorrow, I'll... She's my mother after all. However I plan to get someone to help apologize with me. I hope she forgives me but if she doesn't, all well and good.
ok.....i can help you beg her oooh

1 Like

Re: Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! by Moz22: 11:21am On Mar 28, 2022
Chidi2022:
ok.....i can help you beg her oooh
how nice of u.. thanks for your concern anyway
Re: Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! by Mariangeles(f): 2:46pm On Mar 29, 2022
Moz22:

How far?
Have you settled things with your mum?
Re: Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! by Moz22: 9:48am On Mar 31, 2022
Mariangeles:

How far?
Have you settled things with your mum?
trust me, I tried to but she said she wouldn't forgive me
Re: Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! by Mariangeles(f): 11:34am On Mar 31, 2022
Moz22:
trust me, I tried to but she said she wouldn't forgive me

Okay.
Give her time and space, she’ll come around eventually.
Until then, try not to be too hard on yourself.
Pele.

1 Like

Re: Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! by Moz22: 4:20pm On Mar 31, 2022
Mariangeles:

Okay.
Give her time and space, she’ll come around eventually.
Until then, try not to be too hard on yourself.
Pele.
thanks
Re: Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! by LyfeJennings(m): 3:30am On Apr 03, 2022
Iyaebe:
You are very unreasonable and won’t make a good head,pls never get married because you’ll ruin it with your brainless way of approach

person wey dey mad

1 Like

Re: Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! by Dynmyt: 11:05am On Jun 01, 2022
Your parents are just like patience ozokwor and pete eneh respectively. Hmmm
Re: Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! by Dynmyt: 11:14am On Jun 01, 2022
Mariangeles:
Your mother needs to ask for your forgiveness too, for what she provoked and made you do.
Don't allow her to guilt trip and torment you emotionally.
Going by your narrative, she's a wicked woman who simply reaped what she sowed.
Only God knows what your poor father must've endured from such an overbearing woman!
What a wicked woman!
You are very right. Overbearing attitudes of some parents will make u tink the child begged them to be born. Thats not training its resentment.
Re: Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! by oluplus(m): 11:30am On Jun 01, 2022
Moz22:
Actually typing this with a heavy heart and so much disgust for what I've done.. wish I had handled the situation better.

My father is the best man I could ever wish for and if I had another chance to pick a dad again in my next life, I'll pick a richer version of him but my mom?? Sigh!

However growing up with them was so stressful in every way u can think of.. my dad was the meek type, soft spoken and slow to react but my mom would always complain about everything, she fights everything and everyone.. never afraid of any form of confrontation, she would complain about my hairstyle, she would check if I sagged my trousers.. she monitored me extremely and always nagged about it.. I'm this typa guy who is well cultured, I wouldn't say I got that from home training tho cos I do not drink, smoke nor womanize... And I think it's d joy of every parent to have child like me, I basically had no friends visiting me then and even up till now. I've got trust issues that's why I don't keep friends.. my mom made my youthful days hell for me, I didn't really enjoy it.. times I spent with her were miserable as she would shout everyday, quarrel even over phone conversations that you would think the person she's fighting with was right in front of her.. and some times I even pity my dad whenever she starts with him. I developed some sorta hatred for her

Lately I've been spending more time with them cos of our last born just so I could keep an eye on him and we stayed close too.. and the way she treats him makes me wonder if she was the one gave birth to him, if I was away when she was pregnant for him and delivered.. I would have argued that she was his mother. There were times that I had to pass the night there and her voice or rants would be what will wake me up very early in the morning just as it used to be when I used to be there...

I used to think that as people grow old, they become calmer but that isn't the case with my mom, she's more violent... She lost her twin sis last year March and I sincerely hoped that would change atleast but iro nio... Her other sisters aren't even speaking to her at the moment. My dad was a musician.. old age won't allow him continue doing music, coincidentally I picked up that barton.. been doing the same music(live musician) all my life but my mom has always been against it.. she was never happy whenever I carry my dad's guitar to rehearse or whenever I bring a piano home.. it was always war...

Been there since last weekend cos of the poor electricity in my area.. we have had power for about 7 days now.. Had gone for a studio session, only to return in d evening and I was greeted with shouting over a very trivial issue, I was so angry that I responded to every of her verbal insults.. and then she hit me and I reciprocated which I felt so bad about almost immediately.. she dragged me by my clothes shouting that I must kill her again, by that time.. my anger had subdued and all I had on my mind was to leave the house immediately. She threatened to arrest me.. She tore my shirt and I managed to pull away from her.. and left without picking my stuffs. All my life, I have never raised up my hands to hit a woman talkless of my mom.. I don't even beat kids when they do wrong, I hate to see tears..

I know it's a disgraceful thing to do. I've got no excuse for what I've done whatsoever. I even avoid confrontations with my own gender sef cos I know what I'm capable of. I'm always quick to say the word sorry just to avoid prolonged issues. I had been offline since it happened, just came here to drop this and I know how much insults I'm gonna get here anyway but we learn everyday and will surely pick the ones that will make me a better person.. no one's perfect

Pls ignore my typo errors abeg

I hope you are not married, because you will someday, kill your wife,unless you gain control over your anger.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

My Nigerian Marriage Certificate / When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? / IVF Nigerian Babies: Twins, Triplets, Quadruplets (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.