Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator (15937 Views)

Single Nigerian Ladies In Diaspora, Any Reason Why You Turn Down Our Guys? / How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? / Lady Tried To Turn Off Gas In Her Kitchen. See What Happened Next. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by SeriouslySense(m): 12:45pm On Mar 24, 2022
You are considerate, that's commendable, because the generator generates noise pollution and also air pollutants especially the carbon monoxide.
uncleck:
I live in a public compound. I on my gen anytime I like, but I make sure I off it by 11 pm and don't on it again till it's 6 am. I do it for the consideration of other neighbors especially those that don't have gen. They all deserve peaceful sleep at night.

It pains me that a certain neighbor of mine on his own by 10 or 11 and leave it on till around two or three

4 Likes

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by OlawaleBammie: 12:45pm On Mar 24, 2022
On 7:30- 9:00

Off 10:00 - 11:30

Fuel no dey abeg
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by Oysters(m): 12:46pm On Mar 24, 2022
Hezzyluv:
On 10pm off 2am.
I don't even wakeup to off it, I just guage the quantity of fuel that can take me within 4hours and pour into the gentank before going to bed.

grin grin
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by rickdaking(m): 12:46pm On Mar 24, 2022
Off ke ?? For this heat ? sad Abeg e dey off by itself grin
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by SeriouslySense(m): 12:46pm On Mar 24, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy Just the comment i was looking for.

How is your solar power experience.
Exkandayee:
I don't have generators and never joined grid,,,,,I just carry pannels ehh full rooof,I no dey play, I really spent alot on that shit I swear
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by SeriouslySense(m): 12:48pm On Mar 24, 2022
Yes, and the best batteries for energy storage.

If its efficient, then one can use it during the day for cooling food, one can also use it inthe business of food preservation.
perambulator:

gbam!!!

This period has taught me that I have to invest in solar panels!!!
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by kunkelhanspeter(m): 12:48pm On Mar 24, 2022
I dey pity my neighbors if now I for the on my gen all night of light no dey like today no light I just pity dem on it by 5am .
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by gidado14(m): 12:49pm On Mar 24, 2022
jaelz:
I would like to know what time you usually turn on and off your Generator set during this massive heat and fuel scarcity period, mine is turned on around 9 p.m and switched off by 12:00 p.m on the dot.
I moved to solar since 2015

1 Like

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by thedio(m): 12:50pm On Mar 24, 2022
Who gen help?I don cover am,move to solar

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by beylinko02: 12:50pm On Mar 24, 2022
Gen issue? What my eyes see for my compound, my mouth no fit talk am. I won move from that place

3 Likes

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by SeriouslySense(m): 12:50pm On Mar 24, 2022
I like this comment.
Ournolly:
Have not touched my generator in years now.
Thanks to solar!

1 Like

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by SeriouslySense(m): 12:51pm On Mar 24, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy, no noise, no bad air, you can even turn off the lights, and your neighbors will not know you have electricity, no competition.

But the battery has to be managed to maximize its life, so one can use it at nights, and i was wondering the most efficient batteries and ways of usage such that it can be used for food preservation at home, that would also reduce food cost and may even be useful for businesses too.

thedio:
Who gen help?I don cover am,move to solar
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by jeromeekugbere(m): 12:51pm On Mar 24, 2022
I only put on my Gen to charge my gadgets and pump wwater, then whenever I want to bleep

One girl come visit me for afternoon, she nor gree make I bleep but she dey complain of heat, na once I root hand fan come outside, she shock once cool

3 Likes

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by colestephan86: 12:51pm On Mar 24, 2022
jaelz:
I would like to know what time you usually turn on and off your Generator set during this massive heat and fuel scarcity period, mine is turned on around 9 p.m and switched off by 12:00 p.m on the dot.
I turn it one when there is no light as from 7pm, and if NEPA no bring light till the next day, it will run all night
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by thedio(m): 12:52pm On Mar 24, 2022
gidado14:

I moved to solar since 2015
How many time av u changed the battery

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by Bamzyriches451: 12:52pm On Mar 24, 2022
Damn!
Here in the family house we onn gen by 8pm then off it by 2am sometimes it'll off by itself
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by Frankiss44(m): 12:52pm On Mar 24, 2022
7pm to initially 12am.. But PH heat wan kill me so I don increase the time go 2am.. After children provision na fuel dey chop my money pass... cry

1 Like

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by ogbenimax007: 12:54pm On Mar 24, 2022
Risingblue008:
I don't have a particular time.
As for me,as long as I dey house and light no dey,my gen must be standby.
Reason is that,
As a bet9ja agent,I no go dey burn gen for my shops 24/7
Then light no go dey for my dwelling place,
My gen dey steam steady.
Na two gen for house Incase one mess up
grin grin grin
Life is sweet,relaxed if only u do a legit job.
To all the legit hustlers
The sky shall be ur limit,
Better days ahead
please i want to go into this bet agent
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by chiedozie198100: 12:54pm On Mar 24, 2022
I'm telling all of una here now oo!
make una come warn my opposite neighbor.
the day I go land am slap eh.., this idiot go on him grinding machine wey him call generator from 8:00pm till day break.

and wetin dey vex me pass na say him dey claim born-again(MFM member).

very woooked sombori.

mtchewwww.

8 Likes

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by SeriouslySense(m): 12:55pm On Mar 24, 2022
good question. And the cost of batteries.
thedio:

How many time av u changed the battery

1 Like

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by baconline(m): 12:55pm On Mar 24, 2022
7pm on, 7am off
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by Princeton92(m): 12:56pm On Mar 24, 2022
On at 8pm and off at 10pm
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by Kingluqman(m): 12:57pm On Mar 24, 2022
Max 3am, when there won’t be heat anymore. Ilorin heat nor be here.

1 Like

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by aAK1(m): 12:58pm On Mar 24, 2022
jaelz:
back in the days, as long as I am home and no phcn, my generator is on but lucky me, I recently invested in solar

2 Likes

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by SeriouslySense(m): 1:01pm On Mar 24, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy SOLAR SOLAR SOLAR cheesy cheesy
aAK1:
back in the days, as long as I am home and no phcn, my generator is on but lucky me, I recently invested in solar
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by thedio(m): 1:01pm On Mar 24, 2022
SeriouslySense:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy, no noise, no bad air, you can even turn off the lights, and your neighbors will not know you have electricity, no competition.

But the battery has to be managed to maximize its life, so one can use it at nights, and i was wondering the most efficient batteries and ways of usage such that it can be used for food preservation at home, that would also reduce food cost and may even be useful for businesses too.

I don't use it to power refrigerator and the worse that will happen at night b4 I changed the battery is,it will not power TV for long before bleeping.
At that point we off every gadgets for lighting till day break

1 Like

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by thedio(m): 1:04pm On Mar 24, 2022
SeriouslySense:
good question. And the cost of batteries.
I bought 100Ah battery last December for #50k

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by SeriouslySense(m): 1:05pm On Mar 24, 2022
I have use it to power the refrigerator before but i do it in the afternoon when there is sun light, it depends on the amount of voltage coming from the cell, and also it depends on the capacity of the batteries. I even studied solar cells, to master it, and in the future will research properly.

For small number of solar cells, and batteries, it wont work, one has to do the mathematical calculations.

The power being used most not exceed what the batteries can give, else it will lead to faster drainage and i think low shelf life for the batteries.

For now i am still a novice, i will make electricity and inventers my future hobby.

thedio:

I don't use it to power refrigerator and the worse that will happen at night b4 I changed the battery is,it will not power TV for long before bleeping.
At that point we off every gadgets for lighting till day break

1 Like

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by happney65: 1:08pm On Mar 24, 2022
On 7PM and off by 10PM

1 Like

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by Abudu2000(m): 1:08pm On Mar 24, 2022
Who runs gen like we that work on laptops steady. Even when there's light my office gen is always on, I can't be starting gen every time. 3litres can take me from 9 to 4pm, then at home from 8pm till 12 or 1am the gen is still on. To be honest you will be more relaxed when u rely on generators than phcn.

1 Like

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by MansoryMX(m): 1:08pm On Mar 24, 2022
Initially it was 2k fuel Full tank everyda but since the increment it’s not 2,500 everyday. 6:30pm till e finish which is usually around 12noon or 12:30pm it normally finish. I work from home so I need my laptops on 24/7.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Husband Has Finally Fulfilled his fantasy of having a thr3esom&e / Two Gay Men Got Married In Lagos (PHOTOS) / How Do You Deal With A Close-minded Spouse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.