Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator (15945 Views)

Single Nigerian Ladies In Diaspora, Any Reason Why You Turn Down Our Guys? / How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? / Lady Tried To Turn Off Gas In Her Kitchen. See What Happened Next. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by Prayfortheworld: 1:38am On Mar 25, 2022
SUPERPACK:
It depends on what you want to power with it, I will have to know the equipments you intend to power to know if it is possible. When you use generators you can't expect I pass my neighbour to do what a 10Hp generator can carry, that is how it is with solar too, bigger consumption more solar kit needed.
My 200l freezer, my 50inch smart TV my 1.5hp inverter AC 2
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by Hezzyluv: 5:03am On Mar 25, 2022
SUPERPACK:
Buy a wire that can run from your room to the generator, then open the point where the on and off switch of the generator is located. Connect the wire in place of the switch and then keep the switch in your room. You can then off it as you wish.

That's another good idea shocked
Thanks...!
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by SUPERPACK: 10:16am On Mar 25, 2022
Prayfortheworld:

My 200l freezer, my 50inch smart TV my 1.5hp inverter AC 2
I actually meant the power rating of these appliances. They are written on a white paper attached to their back, and it is denoted by Watts or W only It will look like 400watts or 400W etc.
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by Prayfortheworld: 10:20am On Mar 25, 2022
SUPERPACK:
I actually meant the power rating of these appliances. They are written on a white paper attached to their back, and it is denoted by Watts or W only It will look like 400watts or 400W etc.
I will check later when i get home. Thank you so much for your time.
Do you deal on solar?
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by SUPERPACK: 10:29am On Mar 25, 2022
Prayfortheworld:

I will check later when i get home. Thank you so much for your time.
Do you deal on solar?
No.
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by holatin(m): 10:37am On Mar 25, 2022
thedio:

With that ur 21 inches box TV that requires 4 hefty men to lift. I beg no way,no come and drain power for me
for ur mind ABI. oya clap for yourself
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by Kakamorufu(m): 12:30pm On Mar 25, 2022
dultraray:
I don't have generator
I moved into an area with constant light, didn't think of buying until recently
You lucky cool
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by edoairways: 9:15pm On Mar 25, 2022
00FFT00:

Not if you do your maths properly. How much money do you daily spend on petrol currently x 365 x 10?
The light situation in Nigeria will not change 10 years from today. Not drastically at the least. It may likely even worsen.

You are still left with rising costs because petrol price will keep rising. Generator maintenance costs etc. So, what you are paying now is the minimum it can get for you financially, and the energy source is still not yours. It belongs to your petrol station attendant and his/her boss.

I'll take a loan from a bank, and go off-grid. Perhaps also sell a little energy to my immediate neighbors to help pay down my debts much sooner.
Not only is it expensive, it is not reliable especially in rain forest region of Nigeria( Less sun shine during spring period).
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by IniUbom(m): 10:48pm On Mar 26, 2022
Shey, reputable marketer u bi eh? One love!
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by YourFavorite21(m): 11:24pm On Mar 27, 2022
enoch273:
I turn on my gen 8:00pm, and off at 11:00pm, enough time to fully charge my 27000mah oraimo traveler 3 byte powerbank, and it lasts a week.
how much

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Husband Has Finally Fulfilled his fantasy of having a thr3esom&e / How Do You Deal With A Close-minded Spouse? / 3-Year-Old Boy Missing In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.