Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,273 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator (15882 Views)

Single Nigerian Ladies In Diaspora, Any Reason Why You Turn Down Our Guys? / How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? / Lady Tried To Turn Off Gas In Her Kitchen. See What Happened Next. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by Johel(m): 2:09pm On Mar 24, 2022
jaelz:
I would like to know what time you usually turn on and off your Generator set during this massive heat and fuel scarcity period, mine is turned on around 9 p.m and switched off by 12:00 p.m on the dot.

10pm - 5am.
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by pointstores(m): 2:11pm On Mar 24, 2022
Affordable solar solution

We build solar generators. With 2 uwarsa warranty inquiry visit website below
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by DrFunmisticGlow: 2:12pm On Mar 24, 2022
We Just recently installed solar panels due to frustration.

The Diesel generator is on compulsory leave.

As for the small petrol generator, from 8pm till midnight, or whenever we need to pump water.

2 Likes

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by Obagofixxy: 2:12pm On Mar 24, 2022
Anytime wey the candle burn finish e go use hin hand off jare
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by thedio(m): 2:14pm On Mar 24, 2022
holatin:
abeg I fit help u use am ?
With that ur 21 inches box TV that requires 4 hefty men to lift. I beg no way,no come and drain power for me
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by YourFavorite21(m): 2:15pm On Mar 24, 2022
I stay in a Lodge Off Campus where only few students own generator, so I put ON my gen by 10 pm and switch off by 1:am, The reason why I switch it On, at that late hour is that I love my peace of mind and I hate disturbance, my neighbours no dey use ear to hear sound of generator, anytime I switch it on earlier in the evening,
my room go just full like say na Charging centre, some will not even want to go back to their rooms again even after plugging their phones, they will just inconvenience somebody and me sef I like my personal space, my tolerance level gan is very low..

6 Likes

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by thedio(m): 2:16pm On Mar 24, 2022
gidado14:

3 times but better than Noisy gen and fuel hazard and cost
Honesty the noise gen easily annoys me this days

1 Like

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by fitinwell: 2:18pm On Mar 24, 2022
jaelz:
I would like to know what time you usually turn on and off your Generator set during this massive heat and fuel scarcity period, mine is turned on around 9 p.m and switched off by 12:00 p.m on the dot.

With Average fuel consumption.. 7:30pm -10pm then Refuel 10pm to 6am

Not Daily oooo

On the usual 7:30pm - 10pm

Generator is not noisy

1 Like

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by SweetDipBenny(m): 2:23pm On Mar 24, 2022
7 - 12 normal
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by Blackdisciple(m): 2:32pm On Mar 24, 2022
Omoh ..! I don't even have a Gen but recently I'm beginning to consider one, meanwhile since I got new neighbors chaiii the guy ehh no dey carry eye see say light no dey , em own na till dawn and his gen is just closed to my window HELL ooo
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by DryMouth: 2:32pm On Mar 24, 2022
Oluwapresley:
This is a very good question!

Personally, I only turn on the gen when I there is the need and usually the need arises from work related activities that need me to power up my system when it is dead.

On rare occasions I put it on for guests if the house is hot or when my phone is dead for more than a certain number of hours.

But you see my neighbors ennn. God. It's as if their former life na Yankee them stay. Their gen is always on!!!! Noise pollution everyday and night. If they seize power around 3am, they would go downstairs to put on their individual gens. It has been hell!!! I can't make calls or listen to stuffs online in the evening from my room. I have to go to the sitting room and sit there.

It's sad!
E be like you be my neighbor.
Where you dey stay?
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by wamilajo: 2:40pm On Mar 24, 2022
No specific time for me
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by Btoyob(m): 2:40pm On Mar 24, 2022
From 8pm to11pm ����

1 Like

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by bergs2: 2:49pm On Mar 24, 2022
WibusJaga:

Vigilante no de allow Gen pass 12 midnight here.

Quite ridiculous to think that the huge amount spent on importing & running generators in this country can conveniently fix the problems of our power sector.

So, nah importers go fix our power sector for us?
Hmmm! Your gods must be a miracle worker I
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by JentuPrinz(m): 2:50pm On Mar 24, 2022
From 8pm to 11pm..but if Arsenal get match and Dem dey beat arsenal,my uncle go say make I go off am grin

1 Like

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by shortgun(m): 2:55pm On Mar 24, 2022
Most people shouting install solar panels up and down on this thread don't have it or use only the small ones that can power only fan and TV for 4 hrs.

It doesn't make sense for someone to spend 1m naira on solar power system yet it can't power ACs and freezers, it's a total waste of money.

3k Naira fuel daily in a medium size generator will give steady power for all home appliances for one year with that 1m naira.
Nonsense solar power angry angry
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by SunKamSolar(m): 2:59pm On Mar 24, 2022
Time to invest in renewable energy.
I don't have Generator at home but I have light 247.
Call us to advice you.
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by SunKamSolar(m): 3:01pm On Mar 24, 2022
1 million for 1 Yr on fuel can never be 24hours a day.
Go solar and tou will never back off.
shortgun:
Most people shouting install solar panels up and down on this thread don't have it or use only the small ones that can power only fan and TV for 4 hrs.

It doesn't make sense for someone to spend 1m naira on solar power system yet it can't power ACs and freezers, it's a total waste of money.

3k Naira fuel daily in a medium size generator will give steady power for all home appliances for one year with that 1m naira.
Nonsense solar power angry angry

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by Oluwapresley(m): 3:06pm On Mar 24, 2022
DryMouth:

E be like you be my neighbor.
Where you dey stay?

Hahaha. You self dey face this wahala ba? Ebutemeta
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by PointZerom: 3:11pm On Mar 24, 2022
Oluwapresley:
This is a very good question!

Personally, I only turn on the gen when I there is the need and usually the need arises from work related activities that need me to power up my system when it is dead.

On rare occasions I put it on for guests if the house is hot or when my phone is dead for more than a certain number of hours.

But you see my neighbors ennn. God. It's as if their former life na Yankee them stay. Their gen is always on!!!! Noise pollution everyday and night. If they seize power around 3am, they would go downstairs to put on their individual gens. It has been hell!!! I can't make calls or listen to stuffs online in the evening from my room. I have to go to the sitting room and sit there.

It's sad!

The law says you should put off your gen at 12am. Unless it is an hospital etc.

1 Like

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by jeromeekugbere(m): 3:18pm On Mar 24, 2022
All my guys know wetin I dey pass through this period, the thing hook everybody, I fit put on the Gen for evening take charge my gadgets, same time dey use style shift all my visitors enter evening, na steady hand fan and strong power Bank for afternoon browsing except if E dey very important, I nor fit kill myself

bigcee:

Well done sir. If na your guy, na so heat go just finish him grin
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by 00FFT00(m): 3:25pm On Mar 24, 2022
edoairways:

Solar energy is too expensive

Not if you do your maths properly. How much money do you daily spend on petrol currently x 365 x 10?
The light situation in Nigeria will not change 10 years from today. Not drastically at the least. It may likely even worsen.

You are still left with rising costs because petrol price will keep rising. Generator maintenance costs etc. So, what you are paying now is the minimum it can get for you financially, and the energy source is still not yours. It belongs to your petrol station attendant and his/her boss.

I'll take a loan from a bank, and go off-grid. Perhaps also sell a little energy to my immediate neighbors to help pay down my debts much sooner.
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by rita25(f): 3:30pm On Mar 24, 2022
FINNESSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY GEN COMES ON 6PM AND GOES OFF 7AM................IF I BROKE NA MY BIZ.....IF HEAT LIKK ME WETIN UNA WAN DO TO WAKE ME?
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:41pm On Mar 24, 2022
Risingblue008:
I don't have a particular time.
As for me,as long as I dey house and light no dey,my gen must be standby.
Reason is that,
As a bet9ja agent,I no go dey burn gen for my shops 24/7
Then light no go dey for my dwelling place,
My gen dey steam steady.
Na two gen for house Incase one mess up
grin grin grin
Life is sweet,relaxed if only u do a legit job.
To all the legit hustlers
The sky shall be ur limit,
Better days ahead
My landlord informed me on Sunday night that all gen must go off 12 in the night. Immediately the following day I started looking for another house because I don't want to have problem with him and I don't like being conditioned by anybody.
I'm deteyto park out by this month end.

1 Like

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by calabaman(m): 3:41pm On Mar 24, 2022
Whenever my laptop's and rechargeable fan battery is low.

There was a country!
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:44pm On Mar 24, 2022
PointZerom:

The law says you should put off your gen at 12am. Unless it is an hospital etc.
What law please?
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by SAMTOBIJU(m): 3:46pm On Mar 24, 2022
7pm to 2:30am...heat is not my friend
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:47pm On Mar 24, 2022
dultraray:
I don't have generator
I moved into an area with constant light, didn't think of buying until recently
Which area is that pls
If it's in lagos I'm very interested
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by ihedioramma: 3:53pm On Mar 24, 2022
jaelz:
Any time you like but try and off it 10pm .
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by OriginalCEO: 4:00pm On Mar 24, 2022
E be like say na only me dey on Gen from 9pm to 6am. This heat can be unbearable sometimes.
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by Bbbw: 4:17pm On Mar 24, 2022
I use inverter no noise
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by Osek(m): 4:18pm On Mar 24, 2022
How much for solar panels and how many is needed to power just freezer and all other appliances??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying / Is It Wrong To Show Gratitude? / Should I Be More Selfish?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.