Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,905 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator (15940 Views)

Single Nigerian Ladies In Diaspora, Any Reason Why You Turn Down Our Guys? / How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? / Lady Tried To Turn Off Gas In Her Kitchen. See What Happened Next. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by ebenezary(m): 1:12pm On Mar 24, 2022
Na Solar I dey use 24/7 l don't care about NEPA or GENERATOR

2 Likes

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by gidado14(m): 1:12pm On Mar 24, 2022
thedio:

How many time av u changed the battery

3 times but better than Noisy gen and fuel hazard and cost
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by FireUpNow(m): 1:12pm On Mar 24, 2022
11:30pm because thieves too plenty for my side as Dem go use the advantage of the gen noise enter ogba
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by johndho(m): 1:13pm On Mar 24, 2022
9-12am

1 Like

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by UDUJ(m): 1:13pm On Mar 24, 2022
IKBARUTEN11:
No time op

Everything na on manage level now.

On normal, my gen dy go off anytime the half litre of fuel I put inside am finish
grin cheesy

Lol cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by MansoryMX(m): 1:15pm On Mar 24, 2022
meobizy:
Yet when I created this topic only trolls responded. This forum is trash.

Put girl with big yansh as your profile photo they will crowd your thread

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by holatin(m): 1:17pm On Mar 24, 2022
thedio:
Who gen help?I don cover am,move to solar
abeg I fit help u use am ?
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by bigcee(m): 1:21pm On Mar 24, 2022
beylinko02:
Gen issue? What my eyes see for my compound, my mouth no fit talk am. I won move from that place
Say na your window them dey on gen put grin grin grin

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by vicath(f): 1:22pm On Mar 24, 2022
jaelz:
I would like to know what time you usually turn on and off your Generator set during this massive heat and fuel scarcity period, mine is turned on around 9 p.m and switched off by 12:00 p.m on the dot.

This gen matter no tire una? Move to Mauritius via the study route with only 2m. DM me.
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by SeriouslySense(m): 1:22pm On Mar 24, 2022
I just read on it -> https://sciencing.com/can-solar-panel-run-small-electric-engine-12304090.html

I now understand the wattage calculation and how its used to estimate the duration the system is expected to supply energy without any input from the solar cells.
Decribed here

This is the excerpt that explains it well
"Add up the watt-hours for each of the devices. The total number of watt-hours that your battery will need to supply over the set time period is equal to the sum of the watt-hours that each of your devices uses. For example, if your PC required 5 watt-hours per day and your fan required 5 watt-hours per day, you would need 10 watt-hours of energy per day,

Further, if your electronic devices required 10 watt-hours per day and all of these devices needed to be powered for 10 days, the total watt-hours your battery must supply over the 10-day period would be 100 watt-hours--that is, 10 multiplied by 10. This means that you would need a battery that was rated at 100 watt-hours to ensure that you had power over the 10-day period.
"

The Ampere and the voltage will estimate the wattage. Its worth knowing.

thedio:

I bought 100Ah battery last December for #50k
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by bigcee(m): 1:25pm On Mar 24, 2022
jeromeekugbere:
I only put on my Gen to charge my gadgets and pump wwater, then whenever I want to bleep

One girl come visit me for afternoon, she nor gree make I bleep but she dey complain of heat, na once I root hand fan come outside, she shock once cool
Well done sir. If na your guy, na so heat go just finish him grin

1 Like

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by bigcee(m): 1:26pm On Mar 24, 2022
Frankiss44:
7pm to initially 12am.. But PH heat wan kill me so I don increase the time go 2am.. After children provision na fuel dey chop my money pass... cry
You dey try. Make God bless your hustle cool

1 Like

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by Nauttyprof(m): 1:28pm On Mar 24, 2022
Hezzyluv:
On 10pm off 2am.
I don't even wakeup to off it, I just guage the quantity of fuel that can take me within 4hours and pour into the gentank before going to bed.

You are damaging the generator gradually. It's wrong for the generator to stop by itself due to fuel.

3 Likes

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by harmyd007: 1:28pm On Mar 24, 2022
As stated in the Constitution,
7pm - 11pm ��

1 Like

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by Calibrator: 1:31pm On Mar 24, 2022
9pm to Dawn.

Every single day. Any neighbour wey no like am should power on his own generator too.

I am not responsible for the epileptic power supply in Nigeria.

Personally, I don't think there is any amount too much for my comfort.

1 Like

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by Frankiss44(m): 1:34pm On Mar 24, 2022
bigcee:

You dey try. Make God bless your hustle cool

Amen oh
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by NoToPile: 1:37pm On Mar 24, 2022
All houses should have rules of when Gen must be put off, simple.

1 Like

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by 00FFT00(m): 1:37pm On Mar 24, 2022
Risingblue008:
I don't have a particular time.
As for me,as long as I dey house and light no dey,my gen must be standby.
Reason is that,
As a bet9ja agent,I no go dey burn gen for my shops 24/7
Then light no go dey for my dwelling place,
My gen dey steam steady.
Na two gen for house Incase one mess up
grin grin grin
Life is sweet,relaxed if only u do a legit job.
To all the legit hustlers
The sky shall be ur limit,
Better days ahead

And you come still dey sound boastful on top nonsense.

Oga take a fiscal facility and install solar panels for your house and office. The money you daily poison your neighbors burning in the air is a complete waste against tangible equity you'd build with even fewer funds by investing in sustainable renewable energy.

Grow sense, una no go gree.

1 Like

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by Johnchrix(m): 1:41pm On Mar 24, 2022
I no get gen
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by Stanweezy(m): 1:41pm On Mar 24, 2022
I use solar energy, inverter dey my house.
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by Nobody: 1:47pm On Mar 24, 2022
For me it's a 7pm to 10pm thing.

2 Likes

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by TheGift: 1:49pm On Mar 24, 2022
jaelz:
I would like to know what time you usually turn on and off your Generator set during this massive heat and fuel scarcity period, mine is turned on around 9 p.m and switched off by 12:00 p.m on the dot.

If there is no light at all:

On week days it comes on at 8am. Rests for one hour at 7pm (during this time I use rechargeable fans and lamps.) Re-starts at 8pm and runs till about 6am, to start at 8am and repeat the cycle again.

On weekends, I put it on as needed during the day, otherwise rechargeable fans, power bank & ups. But it comes up at 6pm till 6am.

Note all of this is for when there is no light at all.

I switch between diesel and petrol gen, depending on load requirements. My 10 kva petrol gen can carry between 5-6 inverter ACs with fridge , freezer, water dispenser, water pumping machine and microwave oven.

I am working on getting solar inverters.
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by edoairways: 1:51pm On Mar 24, 2022
jaelz:
12 mid night or 12p.m the following day?. Mine starts from 9p.m and ends by 12a.m (mid night)

1 Like

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by cutedharmee: 1:51pm On Mar 24, 2022
On 11:00pm or thereabout off 6:00am
My solar always on during the day & use it to power fridge when there is sunlight. Courtesy ademotusolarpower. U can contact them on 0.80...929...018...six.
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by Fapemz: 1:52pm On Mar 24, 2022
verybadmouth:
Mine is on now. I am a mobile dev and work from home. I need to power gadgets 24/7

Bros i have the right power solution for you, you don't need to run on Gen all the time. Let talk on 080653,,,16307

1 Like

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by edoairways: 1:53pm On Mar 24, 2022
00FFT00:

And you come still dey sound boastful on top nonsense.

Oga take a fiscal facility and install solar panels for your house and office. The money you daily poison your neighbors burning in the air is a complete waste against tangible equity you'd build with even fewer funds by investing in sustainable renewable energy.

Grow sense, una no go gree.
Solar energy is too expensive
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by Nobody: 1:57pm On Mar 24, 2022
Yesterday was 1am turned off
Turned it on like 8pm
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by Goldbw122(m): 1:57pm On Mar 24, 2022
On by 7:pm and switch off by 11:30pn because of noise and thief Incase they are coming..

1 Like

Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by edoairways: 1:59pm On Mar 24, 2022
Angelfrost:

Most of them don't care at all about corporate social responsibility...

That's why an average Nigerian will refuse to contribute 10k to fix transformer, but will buy fuel daily to the tune of 1k for disturbing the environment with generator noise and fumes.
Why should they fix transformer in the first place?
Re: Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator by tonididdy(m): 2:06pm On Mar 24, 2022
The generator in my home couldn't ask for a better owner.
Only works once in a month for atmost 2hr each.
It has never known servicing for almost 3yrs now.
Reason: solar

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Two Gay Men Got Married In Lagos (PHOTOS) / My Husband Has Finally Fulfilled his fantasy of having a thr3esom&e / How Do You Deal With A Close-minded Spouse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.