Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney - Crime (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney (60188 Views)

US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics / Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent / How Yahoo Boy Swindled UK Lover Of £150,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 7:05pm On Mar 25, 2022
How to earn 150k without work?

Why do you allow hoes to fool you? These hags work for their pay sucking dickk and eating potty, you got scammed.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by oluwolepeter05: 7:06pm On Mar 25, 2022
Like every other person have highlighted... You fell for phishing. You supplied your login details to a phishers website(The VIP grant domain). Then they used that to login to your fairmoney mobile app... The otp request was never initiated by you. You weren't sent any otp on the phishers website..Someone initiated this on fairmoney app simultaneously on your behalf...(You entered this in a clear text) This was copied and used to change your credit account or complete the initiation depending on fairmoney flow. Sorry brother... Don't dwell on this. Learn from it and move on...

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Gainman: 7:27pm On Mar 25, 2022
I am surprised nobody talked about the account name that got d money. Easter blessing Odion. Can't you tack that name?
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by BadNews: 7:27pm On Mar 25, 2022
webizone:

I dey hear about this blogging but e be like say na business wey only 0.005% dey make am. Otherwise, e fit take years for OP doing that business to make it. And I don't think OP has all those years

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by carl90(m): 7:30pm On Mar 25, 2022
Sorry about your loss.
However,it must be pointed out that your headline is misleading.
You make it sound as if Fair money were the ones that actually defrauded you.
You just clicked on a scam site that disguised as fairmoney.
(of which,you can only apply for fairmoney loan only through its app,not a website ).
Best of luck recovering from this loss.

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by ukahrawah: 7:31pm On Mar 25, 2022
RiyadhGoddess:
Op Pele!

Ladies seeking a place to rent for a short period (a week, a month, 2 month), I have an apartment for short let at Abraham Adesanya Estate Ajah for shikini money (13k per week) pere smiley. Pay and move in nikan loku grin.
See my profile for more info

Hope this is not another Chidinma?
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Silentmoni(m): 7:34pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

Because of the ASUU strike I have been more active on the internet looking for jobs.

I have tried Upwork and Fiverr but for some reasons I'm not qualified for some of the jobs. In fact I haven't made money on those free lancing apps.

This is not a scam. I have all the evidences. The conversation between me and the person and every other things to prove it's not a scam.
you have been scammed by fraudsters not fairmoney....The link you clicked and followed up was a bad idea.. the proof you have is as good as nothing in this country if you don't know high rankings/money to pursue a case.

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by SocialJustice: 7:37pm On Mar 25, 2022
I have been scammed too. I was trying to verify my BVN and I was asked to take a loan but stop at no clearly defined point. The loan was for N50k, I was smart enough to reduce it to N1500. In the end I got 1500 loan and paid back immediately, there was no BVN verification in the entire process.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by pocohantas(f): 7:37pm On Mar 25, 2022
Alexaonfleek:
It's mostly during ASUU strike that all these ponzi schemes, pyramid schemes and scam sites start getting popular

Really? I have never noticed. cheesy
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by HeavenVGate: 7:39pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:
I saw a post about how I can earn ₦50,000 VIP grant weekely on fairmoney app and I decided to apply because I'm going through financial difficulties.

I clicked on the link on the post and I was redirected to

https://molinahealthcare.life

It looks identical to Linda ikeji's blog which made me believe it could be real, after following all the steps that was listed on the article, I was also redirected to this website.

https://fairmoney.ng-pay.vip/Grant.html

I was directed to log in my fairmoney account and to enter the OTP code that was sent to me through SMS by fairmoney, I entered the code on the site.

The next message I received was that ₦150,000 was transferred to Esther Blessing Odion (access bank) from my fairmoney account, a transaction I did not initiate.
I called Fairmoney to make a complaint about this transaction which I didn't perform and the transaction indeed happened.

That was when I realised I'd been scammed and I don't know what to do . I might commit suicide because I don't have any mean of repaying. I am a student and I was considering taking a top-up so that I can pay my lodge rent which is already due.

I'm to pay
64,240 this month alone.
I don't know what to do.

PastorMisback
WoundedLamb
I'm glad you got scammed grin grin grin empty headed goat! You want to earn without any work? Upon the awareness on here about that old format of a scam? You were so dumb to have log in and still enter OTP code? Idiot! If I follow any link, I will never log in anything even my Facebook talk of any important details. Any thing OTP, just know you arr about to get scammed.

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Ernchibyke(m): 7:41pm On Mar 25, 2022
WatchYourSix:
you quickly jumped at the advert...since it said you will earn 50k without work...as in without work..?? Why we this our generation be like this ...how did you even click that kinda link?? Is there any thing like earning without work.??.

I feel for you shaaa...
I for say make we try contribute 2k for you...but I don tay for street to know say you fit dey package scam give us too...

This guy sef
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by RedCentaur(m): 7:43pm On Mar 25, 2022
abdsamad:
Being financially desperate makes our brains function abnormally.

All the people that are talking about how people are still falling for these stuff fail to remember that they didn't learn to not fall for these stuff from heaven.

You learn from experience. It's okay to empathise with this person even if you don't mean to help them.

God bless you for this insight. Everyone claiming wisdom like solomon.

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by richard870(m): 7:44pm On Mar 25, 2022
babaolofin:

Thanks for the information given to the victim. The Banks are not very helpful most of the times because they are so much overwhelmed with fraud reports.

Having spent some hours monitoring comments here, you can find out most youths are into frauds. Very fraudulent. Only scammers, 419 and fraudulent people will blame the victim. All of them blaming the victim are peers in crime.

I have reported fairmoney on several occasions on nairaland. They are very fraudulent.
You are welcome. It's quite unfortunate that our present societal norms are ludicrous.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by saintcasmir(m): 7:45pm On Mar 25, 2022
The only solution is to repay without work
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by sheanzy(m): 7:48pm On Mar 25, 2022
SurvivorM:

If your previous loan is 13400 and you have 5 months remaining that means you are owing them about 67000 now I didn't know fair money also give another loan when you are already owing a previous loan.

But let's say they do and they gave a N150k loan, the money is still not supposed to get to three hundred and something thousands because I use Fairmoney and I know for five months their interest rate is about 33% so everything supposed to fall under two hundred and something naira, say the N150k plus interest is N200k plus your previous loan of N67000 making it about N267k or so.
OP this your story dey get K leg o
e be like say you be regular loan customer.

Chai I pray never to have a reason to register in any loan app in my life
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by RedCentaur(m): 7:49pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000

So sorry you find yourself in this mess, the glorified cockerel has finally come home to roost.

You will live through this. I suggest you get your family members involved in this as well. They will scold the living daylight out of you but you gats to stand your ground. It's much better than dying in silence.

Get them informed asap.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by SocialJustice: 7:49pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

Because of the ASUU strike I have been more active on the internet looking for jobs.

I have tried Upwork and Fiverr but for some reasons I'm not qualified for some of the jobs. In fact I haven't made money on those free lancing apps.

This is not a scam. I have all the evidences. The conversation between me and the person and every other things to prove it's not a scam.
Is it fairmoney you are making payment to or who exactly? Report the account the money went to in access bank.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Highshow05(m): 7:50pm On Mar 25, 2022
Easy Click Leads To Easy Debit Alert.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by BePrepared: 7:56pm On Mar 25, 2022
Zonefree:
HOW TO EARK 50K WEEKLY WITHOUT WORK

How come you didn't pick race after seeing this? Or you wanted to earn without doing any work

He didn't even ask who was to be supplying the150k monthly without work.

Chai
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by YoungBlackRico(m): 7:57pm On Mar 25, 2022
You're a fool, that's all I got to say
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Bridget95(f): 7:58pm On Mar 25, 2022
Stop clicking links and don't input otp anywhere
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by SurvivorM(f): 8:02pm On Mar 25, 2022
sheanzy:
e be like say you be regular loan customer.

I am not a regular customer o smiley
I just used it last year and before then I investigate everything them and about their interests rates, I am kind of meticulous about that
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by sheanzy(m): 8:05pm On Mar 25, 2022
SurvivorM:

I am not a regular customer o smiley
I just used it last year and before then I investigate everything them and about their interests rates, I am kind of meticulous about that
okay udo
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by OriginalCEO: 8:06pm On Mar 25, 2022
It's easy to blame OP now for falling cheaply for scammers. But na condition dey make crayfish bend o. Some situations might make you see a deceitful option and still be hoping somehow that it could be true. May it not be your portion. Amen.

OP you go overcome am for sure. Move closer to God - e get why. Devourers like this successfully stealing from you is a reminder that you can't do it on your own.

If it's any consolation, you are not the only one in your shoes as these scammers keep getting the better of Nigerians. Awwoof dey run Belle o. Make una take heed.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by OriginalCEO: 8:08pm On Mar 25, 2022
sheanzy:

Amen bro.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by saphiere(f): 8:10pm On Mar 25, 2022
Sureboyy:
So sad.
This scammers are becoming more smart in ways to dupe people
Smh cry cry
There's nothing smart about this. The Op was just too greedy.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by akanbiaa(m): 8:11pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hanks0000:

They scammed you and you are still arguing that it is not scam. Then since it's not scam be patient while the scammer later returns your money.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 25, 2022
Rico96:
seriously this people are getting smarter everyday...I wonder where we will stand as a count in the next 20years cos I keep asking myself is it this set of people that will produce leadership in the future? Hell no we are in deep problem in this country...just keep focus and follow up with the bank

Phishing websites are quite common, even in developed countries.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Emmanuel30a: 8:17pm On Mar 25, 2022
bigcee:

Long throat, you dey find cheap 5000naira grin grin grin
I don't know if you are a scammer or fraudster but I wasn't finding 5000 in a strange platform, I was finding it in a platform that I was using and it was during festive season. I hope you are not a scammer or fraudster because many scammers and fraudsters would die mysteriously before the end of this year. However, GOD does not want sinners to die, HE only want them to repent from their sinful ways... Don't die when you have not repent from sinful ways ... Who knows when death would strike? Death is inevitable anyways.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 25, 2022
frowland:

Below comment is a red flag!!

Covid19 grant?

That old lie?

Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by marsup: 8:18pm On Mar 25, 2022
Please can everyone concerned person donate 500, each for the op?
Pls don't let him commit suicide.
Op, post your account number. I will start with mine.
Re: How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney by greggng: 8:20pm On Mar 25, 2022
That some Nigerians are just growing without being street wise baffles me .. Start your life all over again afterall you came into this world with nothing .

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Take Their Dead Cows To Emir's Palace In Lafia After Attack / TC Okere Stabs His Wife To Death / Pastor, Female Assistant Burnt To Death By Jealous Lover In Bayelsa