Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,599 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? - Romance (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? (44458 Views)

So Many Single MBAISE Ladies Are Getting Older. No Husband Wat Is The Problem? / Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? / Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:20pm On Mar 26, 2022
Gamesmart:
Yes, definitely!
Majority of married men are not totally happy (aka finding marriage sweet).
There are few that are at best enduring by being nice, loyal, religious and considerate.
Majority put up fake face and visit prostitutes on the side; if they cannot afford side chic financially or risk-wise.

- have you ever considered that the problem might be these same men having unrealistc wishes upon marriage?
- have you ever considered that many of these men didnt want to get married, but solely did so because of family/religious/peer PRESSURE?
- have you ever considered that many of these men dont possess the mindset that it takes to be happily married?!

marriage is hard work, its not an easy walk in the park. many see their neighbors being happily married and think they will also be happily married, but sadly no two marriages are the same.... thus men AND women have to really want to make this union work for it to remotely work. nobody willfully wanna be miserable in marriage, what happens is that LIFE HAPPENS!

as for the men who visit prostitutes...let these men be blamed for the failure of their marriage... because creeping outside instead of facing their wives and letting her know what time it is, is NOT the solution. how do you expect your wife to get better (or change) if you'd rather be quiet and go meet oloshos, then go back home and pretend all is great? how is that gonna help your marriage? going to see prostitutes is the selfish solution to whatever issues a couple may have. if you need new toto, then (in the privacy of your bedroom) turn your wife into the dirty wh0re that you desire so much. do with her all the nasty degrading stuff that you require from these prostitutes....et voila!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by porthouse7(f): 4:20pm On Mar 26, 2022
Olam09:

See your life outside everyone already knew you're over 30.. old shameless fool.. go hide your ugly face.
don't reply that toxic guy, obviously something ain't fine about him

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Gamesmart: 4:21pm On Mar 26, 2022
Olam09:

See your life outside everyone already knew you're over 30.. old shameless fool.. go hide your ugly face.

1,940 posts? Over 2 years? And you are yet to make sense?

You are a vegetable! grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Gamesmart: 4:22pm On Mar 26, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

- have you ever considered that the problem might be these same men having unrealistc wishes upon marriage?
- have you ever considered that many of these men didnt want to get married, but solely did so because of family/religious/peer PRESSURE?
- have you ever considered that many of these men not possess the mindset that it takes to be happily married?!

marriage is hard work, its not an easy walk in the park. many see their neighbors being happily married and think they will also be happily married, but sadly no two marriages are the same.... thus men AND women have to really want to make this union work for it to remotely work. nobody willfully wanna be miserable in marriage, what happens is that LIFE HAPPENS!

as for the men who visit prostitutes...let these men be blamed for the failure of their marriage... because creeping outside instead of facing their wives and letting her know what time it is, is NOT the solution. how do you expect your wife to get better (or change) if you'd rather be quiet and go meet oloshos, then go back home and pretend all is great? how is that gonna help your marriage? going to see prostitutes is the selfish solution to whatever issues a couple may have. if you need new toto, then (in the privacy of your bedroom) turn your wife into the dirty wh0re that you desire so much. do with her all the nasty degrading stuff that you require from these prostitutes....et voila!

Irrelevant considerations!

The point still stands: Majority of married men are not totally happy!

7 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Olam09(m): 4:25pm On Mar 26, 2022
porthouse7:
don't reply that toxic guy, obviously something ain't fine about him

He's an old wretched, embittered, broke, ugly, short man in his late 30's but he hasn't found his purpose in this life.. if his parents were as dull and unreasonable as he's, does he think he'll have a chance to come to this world.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Emychina(m): 4:30pm On Mar 26, 2022
porthouse7:
u captured my previous mindset 100%, but u will realize those guys u are referring to married early or are forced or pressured to marry. when u marry late u won't have such problem
No,they weren't pressured or married early. They married d same deceitful and pretenders wearing sheep clothing only for d deceitful nigerian lady to show her true colour immediately the ring enters her finger. One thing about nigerian girls is pretending,they can lick ur saliva just to get ur ring,her true self wil show immediately she give birth.i pity nigerian men still fallen for their scam.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Dskillful(m): 4:36pm On Mar 26, 2022
1. Bride price is high... Resources to pay for it is low
2. Marriages dont last these days so they are taking their time to get the right person
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by LaJoe2: 4:43pm On Mar 26, 2022
i just want my peace of mind. As i dey like this, 36 to be 37 in Sept, i no go sike myself say i no dey ok as a single guy make i try marriage say i go dey better. Baba, i thank GOD i dey ok. If e come, i see better person, fine. But e never come, i dey ok.
I dey at peace right now, its not 100% perfect but is wey better than days with my ex, why i won gamble am

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by porthouse7(f): 4:48pm On Mar 26, 2022
Emychina:
No,they weren't pressured or married early. They married d same deceitful and pretenders wearing sheep clothing only for d deceitful nigerian lady to show her true colour immediately the ring enters her finger. One thing about nigerian girls is pretending,they can lick ur saliva just to get ur ring,her true self wil show immediately she give birth.i pity nigerian men still fallen for their scam.
still some good and homely girls around, we just need to look beyond d beauty

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by OgunkeelAllMod: 4:49pm On Mar 26, 2022
porthouse7:
wait until u are 40 and lonely, u will have rethink
Total trash!! I'm well over 40 ,no regrets whatsoever,I MISS NOTHING, including that useless puss¥ y'all harebrained think it's so important in the lives of men undecided a kid gotten from one stupid banny and that's it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by ArewaTech1(m): 4:51pm On Mar 26, 2022
Gamesmart:

That is the pro and con of your culture.

1. You get a girl of the right status that will have limited option but to be submissive and be subordinate.

2. You might not be completely compatible or attracted; but you get the benefit to try another with a second marriage.

3. You might get a girl who is not truly and completely happy with the arrangement, but is just bearing it.

Everything you mentioned is 100% the truth.

I am originally against arranged & family marriages, but this is kind of a different situation. the girl was the one that made the first call. apparently she told her Mum that she saw so-so person(Me) and she likes me.

as you said we might not be compatible, I guess we have until '24 to find out.

we have permission to go on dates grin grin , which literally means I going to their house or she coming to our house... grin grin
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Emychina(m): 5:05pm On Mar 26, 2022
porthouse7:
still some good and homely girls around, we just need to look beyond d beauty
Yes i believe that the last good and homely nigerian girl got married in 1992. The remaining single ones are just to add pains in the life of nigerian men. Just see how many men are avoiding marriage now just because of their experience in d hands of this destiny killers call nigerian girls.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Gamesmart: 5:06pm On Mar 26, 2022
ArewaTech1:

Everything you mentioned is 100% the truth.

I am originally against arranged & family marriages, but this is kind of a different situation. the girl was the one that made the first call. apparently she told her Mum that she saw so-so person(Me) and she likes me.

as you said we might not be compatible, I guess we have until '24 to find out.

we have permission to go on dates grin grin , which literally means I going to their house or she coming to our house... grin grin

Nice one!

Reduces the wahala/disadvantages for her.

If you are also reasonably nice to her and don't adhere to some religious restrictions of her (basically give her her freedom of choice and desires), then it can be a good marriage because she already likes you and she knows her culture expects her to be a feminine subordinate; not share the trouser like our modern mad feminists want to be.

If you want to get a second wife in future, that is your right; just be nice to the first one too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Gamesmart: 5:13pm On Mar 26, 2022
Olam09:

He's an old wretched, embittered, broke, ugly, short man in his late 30's but he hasn't found his purpose in this life.. if his parents were as dull and unreasonable as he's, does he think he'll have a chance to come to this world.

Another reeetard who thinks procreation is "achievement". grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by porthouse7(f): 5:16pm On Mar 26, 2022
Emychina:
Yes i believe that the last good and homely nigerian girl got married in 1992. The remaining single ones are just to add pains in the life of nigerian men. Just see how many men are avoiding marriage now just because of their experience in d hands of this destiny killers call nigerian girls.
I will put head regardless, I want to experience marriage single life Don tire me
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Uchedizzy(f): 5:18pm On Mar 26, 2022
Rich4god:

Well, am not arguing with you o... But there is what we call law of probability.

A lot of stories coming out from there suggest that their cost of marriage is high.
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by holicupp(m): 5:20pm On Mar 26, 2022
AfroKnight:
For those naija men outside naija, it’s because they think too much and are afraid to love a woman who would use the system to defraud them legally.

For those in naija, it’s for a number of reasons. Naija babes are not loyal. They always lookout for themselves first. Once your usefulness in their lives end, they end the relationship/marriage. Men are trying to avoid that, so they remain single and opt for babymama arrangement if they need kids.

It may also be because the men intend to relocate abroad and they would rather not take their nemesis along. So they resign to a single life.

Thirdly, it could be that some men want to solve certain economic/financial issues before adding the responsibilities of a wife to the load they carry.

Everything here points to the prevalent fact that young Nigerian women do not carry their own weight. Once you ask them out, it’s like they open a ledger for you as a debtor. They use you for your resources then demand to be treated like an equal. Lol. Men are tired of slaving for women.

You see single and even married women online openly asking for trips, perks, gifts and money. It’s almost like every man owes them. You never know who is going to use his money to trigger your wife’s release clause. grin Even the faithful ones think they must be rewarded with marriage for standing by you while you were struggling. Why would any sane man want to marry such a woman who thinks she’s entitled to his possessions just because she was present while he was struggling without even contributing tangibly to his progress?

So unbalanced.

If marriage was such a sweet deal, more men would embrace it. Many of those who are married were pressured by their parents to get married or were young and blinded by initial infatuation which later faded away and revealed the true nature of their wives.

Women have turned this marriage thing into a punishment for men. It shouldn’t be so.

Men are the ones truly settling down. They settle and put up with broke, unworthy women who offer nothing but drama and the possibility of paternity fraud and strife in a family that was fine until the man brought in a wife.

Marriage should be sweet but naija women fail to realise that both partners MUST contribute to a happy marriage, not just the man.

U took the word out of my mouth
No need to say more cause you have summarized everything

4 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by holicupp(m): 5:23pm On Mar 26, 2022
Afrobasic:

Same thing I have observed too.

Nigerian men are waking up. We would rather live single than to partner with a human leech (a modern day Nigerian woman)

Plus sex (the only thing that gender can offer) is practical free. Just tell her the lies she's willing to hear, and collect your share.

Overall, marriage is a scam.

Facts
#Hashtagsremainsingleforever
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Emychina(m): 5:23pm On Mar 26, 2022
porthouse7:
I will put head regardless, I want to experience marriage single life Don tire me
U are a female, so its to ur own advantage. goodluck

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by porthouse7(f): 5:27pm On Mar 26, 2022
Emychina:
U are a female, so its to ur own advantage. goodluck
am a guy my prick long we'll well
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Goldentulip2: 5:30pm On Mar 26, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
...because marriage is overrated and many dont need/want to get married until much later.

also, we have the sad deluded ones that are waiting to hit it big before getting married, not knowing they probably will never "hit it big"

and finally we have men who dont believe in marriage and therefore will just chop and clean mouth until they get to 80yrs old, then find one Regina something to marry, just to flaunt it in the face of all the young boys in town, lol.

LOOL some truths sha
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by holicupp(m): 5:33pm On Mar 26, 2022
porthouse7:
wait until u are 40 and lonely, u will have rethink

Babymama is still an option dear fu*k marriage
Imagine after spending ur hard earned money to marry a leech she will still have the audacity to be misbehaving like a small child i rather remain single and enjoy everything I have worked for
After all b*tches don't need niggas to survive cause whatever a nigga can do a b*tch can do better

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Emychina(m): 5:36pm On Mar 26, 2022
porthouse7:
am a guy my prick long we'll well
Lol.why f in ur monicker.
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by kunkelhanspeter(m): 5:40pm On Mar 26, 2022
Hassanmaye:

Teach me how to get them Abeg
Just patronize them only and they will deliver it to your house only.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by OgunkeelAllMod: 5:40pm On Mar 26, 2022
Palema007:
Exactly!
some Nigeria you say,but unfortunately, quite many Nigerian ladies came from terrible background, disjointed,noisy, quarrelsome, malfunctioned, broken family setup! A helluva lot of them, with equally horrible behaviors and attitude,lack proper home training, ill mannered, wrong orientation and values not to talk of naivety and plain ignorance .lot of y'all are simply unmarriageable! That's the bitter truth

4 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by TheRedpillguy: 5:43pm On Mar 26, 2022
porthouse7:
I was a redpiller until January,Bros i no do again I want to have a wife
You were never redpilled to begin with. Was just bitter

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Barbiturate(m): 5:50pm On Mar 26, 2022
porthouse7:
well bro that's ur choice, I was like u until recently, I have my reasons

Until recently you got married or you started being lonely and regretting not getting married?

You can be married and still be lonely. Everything in life depends on you. How you want it to play out.

What about those that got married and got divorced? What about those their husbands killed or their wives killed?
What about the ones without kids?

Marriage doesn't make you stop being lonely. It doesn't make you overly happy. And like you said; it's a choice. People have reasons for making the choices they make. I'm just letting you know that if loneliness was ur reason for marriage, then it's def. not a reason for me.

You should state your reasons! I'd like to know

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by SlurUsername1: 5:58pm On Mar 26, 2022
faithfull18:

This your logic makes no sense. Who do you want to burden with your Babymama ish. You should carry the babies yourself, birth them and take care of them. No use arguing here, we all know reality is far from what you portray here.

How many of you are financially stable to afford babymamism, mtschew.
Inorderwords the thought of marrying a rich guy u can loosen all ur burdens on gives you wet dreams...

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Mar 26, 2022
porthouse7:
I was a redpiller until January,Bros i no do again I want to have a wife
Don't forget to add a prenuptial agreement so if she instigates a divorce she leaves with nothing and if you get tired of the marriage you're free to fvck any available woman of your choice
With a prenup it's a win win for you wink
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by porthouse7(f): 6:02pm On Mar 26, 2022
Barbiturate:

Until recently you got married or you started being lonely and regretting not getting married?

You can be married and still be lonely. Everything in life depends on you. How you want it to play out.

What about those that got married and got divorced? What about those their husbands killed or their wives killed?
What about the ones without kids?

Marriage doesn't make you stop being lonely. It doesn't make you overly happy. And like you said; it's a choice. People have reasons for making the choices they make. I'm just letting you know that if loneliness was ur reason for marriage, then it's def. not a reason for me.

You should state your reasons! I'd like to know
personal... u won't understand
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by porthouse7(f): 6:04pm On Mar 26, 2022
TheRedpillguy:

You were never redpilled to begin with. Was just bitter
redpiller are firstly bitter, note u won't find a serious redpiller of 40yrs
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by porthouse7(f): 6:05pm On Mar 26, 2022
holicupp:

Babymama is still an option dear fu*k marriage
Imagine after spending ur hard earned money to marry a leech she will still have the audacity to be misbehaving like a small child i rather remain single and enjoy everything I have worked for
After all b*tches don't need niggas to survive cause whatever a nigga can do a b*tch can do better
how old are u first

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply)

Beware! Pornography Dulls The Brain, Kills Libido.... / I Have Been Dumped By 3 Girls Cos I Refuse To Have Sex With Them / The Beauty Of Eritrean Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.