Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,097 members, 7,821,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? - Romance (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? (44421 Views)

So Many Single MBAISE Ladies Are Getting Older. No Husband Wat Is The Problem? / Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? / Why Are There Too Many Single Ladies These Days? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by porthouse7(f): 6:06pm On Mar 26, 2022
Remag666:

Don't forget to add a prenuptial agreement so if she instigates a divorce she leaves with nothing and if you get tired of the marriage you're free to fvck any available woman of your choice
With a prenup it's a win win for you wink
I know my game, I was a redpiller/alpha male...

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by YorobaPIGS: 6:07pm On Mar 26, 2022
PrimadonnaO:
1. They don't have money to marry.

2. Most women have raised their standards, so some men are not finding it easy getting the kind of women they want.

3. Too many women have taken the "highway" so wife material aren't in abundance anymore.

4. Some people have become "woke" and uninterested in marriage since they can simply cohabit, or have baby mamas.

5. Finally, some men are genuinely scared. With all the bad marriage stories louder than the good ones.
You are very reasonable.

All 5 point are very valid and on point

Well done cool

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by MadamOk(f): 6:11pm On Mar 26, 2022
Make una rest for this marriage matter

Marriage is the coming together of man and woman

Some single today them nor get joy nor because there is no money, job or business

Na life for everyone either married or single

Everybody with e own grace in life

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by 3exe3: 6:14pm On Mar 26, 2022
tctrills:
In the old days, the goal was marriage but these days, men are driven by other goals and sometimes marriage could be a distraction. Again we have seen enough broken marriages. These days, everyone is careful about entering into a marriage.

The goal now is being comfortable through wealth �

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Aaay: 6:17pm On Mar 26, 2022
I want to enjoy my life no stress

Women are stressful

5 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by pacespot(m): 6:20pm On Mar 26, 2022
People talk about marriage a lot in this country, why
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Weirdgee: 6:20pm On Mar 26, 2022
Highlyrespected:
Marriage is blissful when you are with right person.

Marriage is fruitless when you are wrong person.

To settle down is not the issue but to find the right person is the main issue.
True talk

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by aforosco(m): 6:38pm On Mar 26, 2022
porthouse7:
well said. but all ur points are youthful points, wait till u are in ur 40s u will need a companion regardless of ur obvious facts

You can have companion even if you are not married. You can even marry at 30 and your 25 yrs old wife passed on at 35 leaving 2 - 3kids. There is no cast in stone. Anyone can choose to marry or not

4 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by TheRedpillguy: 6:41pm On Mar 26, 2022
porthouse7:
redpiller are firstly bitter, note u won't find a serious redpiller of 40yrs
Most 40yr olds are redpillers, they understand how things work more and are comfortable with making the necessary sacrifices in making things work. So they don't go shout but play along.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by achimendy(m): 7:07pm On Mar 26, 2022
tayepop:
I have realised so many of my friends and colleagues at over 30 years are still single, this doesn't use to be the case.

Buhari is in the right position to answer that question
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by porthouse7(f): 7:09pm On Mar 26, 2022
aforosco:

You can have companion even if you are not married. You can even marry at 30 and your 25 yrs old wife passed on at 35 leaving 2 - 3kids. There is no cast in stone. Anyone can choose to marry or not
deferent opinion
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Atticusxsz(m): 7:10pm On Mar 26, 2022
SyndyB:

Please believe in concept of marriage because it is ordained by God. In Genesis 2:18 He said it's not good for man to be alone", in read up Gen 2:24. Jesus uphold marriage in Mathew 19:4,5.

In HEB 13:4, it said Marriage is honourable unto all....that God will judge those who desecrate the institution of marriage.

The problem of marriage today is that men/women are going after the wrong persons as spouse. When Adam met Eve he was satisfied with her. Please find out who fits you and enjoy marriage.

Why wouldn't Adam be satisfied with Eve, when originally her virginity was 100% intact and also, wasn't she the only human available, that's bequeathed to him by God or were there other virgin women lying around stark naked then that he wasn't interested in, in the Garden of Eden? grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Ijoba85: 7:28pm On Mar 26, 2022
My own is joblessness, I really and truly want to settle down once I have a job to manage
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Timoleon(m): 7:58pm On Mar 26, 2022
X or 12
Fuckaniza:

Ezaily bros .. what those married assholes get, local man can also get being single... ov 1.5. smiley
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by AutoChick4U(f): 8:02pm On Mar 26, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

You and wahala na 5 & 6. Na everywhere table dey scatter, dem dey see you grin
Lmfao
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 26, 2022
porthouse7:
I know my game, I was a redpiller/alpha male...
Once a redpiller always a redpiller grin
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by gloriaolachi: 8:16pm On Mar 26, 2022
[quote author=Rich4god post=111379110]Marriage in Nigeria is becoming very expensive. And looking at the high unemployment rate and the rate at which available jobs pay very low, how many guys can afford the cost of marriage.

My brother is planning on marrying an imo lady, just to collect list is over 50k. The day we went for introduction, the kinsmen where saying that the drink we brought wasn't enough... Just imagine.

The items on the list cost more than 800k, yes it's true that the list is negotiable, but mere looking at it alone is scary.

I for one, even if I happen to get a queen Elizabeth and Rihanna kind of beauty merged in an imo girl, nothing is taking me close to that state for marriage... Except if I have assurance that there own side aren't too demanding.

All these are what the elders are supposed ..Uncle which part of Imo is this pls? Am from imo and this is a big fat lie......a list in my place costs just 2000
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by gloriaolachi: 8:17pm On Mar 26, 2022
achimendy:

Buhari is in the right position to answer that
question

Lolz
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by porthouse7(f): 8:20pm On Mar 26, 2022
Remag666:

Once a redpiller always a redpiller grin
am an old comrade

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Gianslayer: 8:33pm On Mar 26, 2022
AfroKnight:
For those naija men outside naija, it’s because they think too much and are afraid to love a woman who would use the system to defraud them legally.

For those in naija, it’s for a number of reasons. Naija babes are not loyal. They always lookout for themselves first. Once your usefulness in their lives end, they end the relationship/marriage. Men are trying to avoid that, so they remain single and opt for babymama arrangement if they need kids.

It may also be because the men intend to relocate abroad and they would rather not take their nemesis along. So they resign to a single life.

Thirdly, it could be that some men want to solve certain economic/financial issues before adding the responsibilities of a wife to the load they carry.

Everything here points to the prevalent fact that young Nigerian women do not carry their own weight. Once you ask them out, it’s like they open a ledger for you as a debtor. They use you for your resources then demand to be treated like an equal. Lol. Men are tired of slaving for women.

You see single and even married women online openly asking for trips, perks, gifts and money. It’s almost like every man owes them. You never know who is going to use his money to trigger your wife’s release clause. grin Even the faithful ones think they must be rewarded with marriage for standing by you while you were struggling. Why would any sane man want to marry such a woman who thinks she’s entitled to his possessions just because she was present while he was struggling without even contributing tangibly to his progress?

So unbalanced.

If marriage was such a sweet deal, more men would embrace it. Many of those who are married were pressured by their parents to get married or were young and blinded by initial infatuation which later faded away and revealed the true nature of their wives.

Women have turned this marriage thing into a punishment for men. It shouldn’t be so.

Men are the ones truly settling down. They settle and put up with broke, unworthy women who offer nothing but drama and the possibility of paternity fraud and strife in a family that was fine until the man brought in a wife.

Marriage should be sweet but naija women fail to realise that both partners MUST contribute to a happy marriage, not just the man.
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Theophinio(m): 9:06pm On Mar 26, 2022
BigBashiru:

A man cannot get married anytime he wants. Max age limit is 40....

But he can add to his concubnie up to any age... be God fearing tho

Wise word �

I captured this
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by pansophist(m): 9:21pm On Mar 26, 2022
Leo10000:

What standard exactly?,a standard they are not contributing to,I understand your points though, they are validly related to the topic.

To such ladies, high taste is high standards. It doesn't matter if she can't afford her taste. For example she wont go on a date because he proposed a local eatery, that's low class for her, but the so called high class location, she can't afford.

So as much as men continue to spend lavishly on her, it convinces her that she is high class. So her privilege is technically your responsibility. Welcome to 21st century grin

11 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by DoctorOlasDesk: 9:24pm On Mar 26, 2022
pansophist:

To such ladies, high taste is high standards. It doesn't matter if she can't afford her taste. For example she may not want to go on a date with a man because he proposed a local eatery, that's low class for her, but the so called high class location, she can't afford.

So her privilege is technically your responsibility. Welcome to 21st century grin

Sexual oligarchy aiite? grin grin grin
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by pansophist(m): 9:28pm On Mar 26, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

Sexual oligarchy aiite? grin grin grin

And survival of the richest grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by DoctorOlasDesk: 9:31pm On Mar 26, 2022
pansophist:

And survival of the richest grin

Panso

Last year I had a project that made me relocate to a new city. Rented a three bed in a very quirt area like that. There was this married woman neighbor of mine o. Even if I pass by her door, cause there's no alternatives to my own apartment. Even if she's putting on just bra and pant, she would almost jump up in uncontrolled excitement just rush grab wrapper and run to me.

It was constant, it was intense. Even when she fled like taking, she would virtually hold hands tightly with me in public.

Brother. This thing called emotions and passion you elders talk about continues to marvel me

As a man of honour not to break the brotherhood code, I surprisingly backed my bags one day and relocated. She wanted to faint that day. I couldn't stand the torture I saw in the husband's eyes feeling intimated each time he sees me. To make matters worse, the kids loved me like fvkc. I realised I needed to move o. Cause I no fit commit sacrilege. There can't be a billion single females and I'm doing a mans wife. Never !

To let their marriage have peace, I realise I should move. The platonic love was too much

Shey na money dey excite these women no. Even married woman with two kids?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:36pm On Mar 26, 2022
Yamiriflathead:

Women have evolved from what they were when God created them to Jezebels. It took them few days to cause man to disobey God.
I'm sure God regretted creating eve after he deceived adam into disobeying God. God cursed women as a result and we are seeing the effect of those curses in their lives today.
Is it not surprising that the last thing God created destabilized his whole plans for MAN? Why does God not have a wife
He clearly doesn't want any distraction
Hahahahhahah your Las statement eh..
Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Midas01: 9:41pm On Mar 26, 2022
I pity your useless mother.
Savedday:
9ja girls are out to add more burden to your life instead of softening it.

They are nothing but useless. All of them..

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Smartb0y: 9:54pm On Mar 26, 2022
SandraIkuboR:
They are probably scared of the expenses that comes with it
Expenses e.g
Paternity fraud
Turning the kids against their father, very common.
A very lazy and ungrateful woman.

I'll stop here grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Smartb0y: 9:57pm On Mar 26, 2022
Fellas,marry peace of mind, you'll give birth to progress.
Do otherwise,you might not live to regret it

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by Smartb0y: 10:05pm On Mar 26, 2022
PrimadonnaO:
1. They don't have money to marry.

2. Most women have raised their standards, so some men are not finding it easy getting the kind of women they want.

3. Too many women have taken the "highway" so wife material aren't in abundance anymore

4. Some people have become "woke" and uninterested in marriage since they can simply cohabit, or have baby mamas.

5. Finally, some men are genuinely scared. With all the bad marriage stories louder than the good ones.
Lol,the good ones are outliers.
Demographically,shit has hit the fan grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by pansophist(m): 10:10pm On Mar 26, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

Panso

Last year I had a project that made me relocate to a new city. Rented a three bed in a very quirt area like that. There was this married woman neighbor of mine o. Even if I pass by her door, cause there's no alternatives to my own apartment. Even if she's putting on just bra and pant, she would almost jump up in uncontrolled excitement just rush grab wrapper and run to me.

It was constant, it was intense. Even when she fled like taking, she would virtually hold hands tightly with me in public.

Brother. This thing called emotions and passion you elders talk about continues to marvel me

As a man of honour not to break the brotherhood code, I surprisingly backed my bags one day and relocated. She wanted to faint that day. I couldn't stand the torture I saw in the husband's eyes feeling intimated each time he sees me. To make matters worse, the kids loved me like fvkc. I realised I needed to move o. Cause I no fit commit sacrilege. There can't be a billion single females and I'm doing a mans wife. Never !

To let their marriage have peace, I realise I should move. The platonic love was too much

Shey na money dey excite these women no. Even married woman with two kids?

I don't know, but her behaviour seems like attraction to me. People tend to get this weird idea that being married will suddenly turned off any attraction with other people, but it's not true. Being sexually monogamous Is a combination of self-control, commitment, faithfulness, respect for one's partners, and the bigger damage that will happen, that's why people people do not to cheat.

What you did is the right thing. The highest form of emasculation you can give a man is to sleep with his wife, and it's even unforgivable if you know him, and still chooses to bang his wife, its even worse than betrayal. Na crime against mankind, its unforgivable, lai lai. And if you have any conscience, you'll be tormented when you remembered you did that. And his kids are growing, just pray the pikin get conscience grin

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are There So Many Single Guys At Over 30? by DoctorOlasDesk: 10:17pm On Mar 26, 2022
pansophist:

I don't know, but her behaviour seems like attraction to me. People tend to get this weird idea that being married will suddenly turned off any attraction with other people, but it's not true. Being sexually monogamous Is a combination of self-control, commitment, faithfulness, respect for one's partners, and the bigger damage that will happen, that's why people people do not to cheat.

What you did is the right thing. The highest form of emasculation you can give a man is to sleep with his wife, and it's even unforgivable if you know him, and still chooses to bang his wife, its even worse than betrayal. Na crime against mankind, its unforgivable, lai lai. And if you have any conscience, you'll be tormented when you remembered you did that. And his kids are growing, just pray the pikin get conscience grin

My dear. The love I received I've never received it from a single lady. If not for my Christian faith, NY personal morals,code of honour , values and that where I come from we don't do married women at all, my brother I had already gone beyond doing it

Thus brings me to the idea again emotional containment. I thought it was more pronounced in men. This one weak me. I'm remembering how the last time I visited she practically almost screamed jumped from the kitchen. Just wrapper with practically nothing beneath made me food for me. Refused me entering mY house.

Imagine being with ger married woman in her parlour and just wrapper nothing beanth though the husband was in the room. When he came out he scolded her privately to go in and dress up.

The husband had to be asking me each time he sees me, how my own chick. I knew the guy was suffering. Bro. I had to run. Adultery isn't hard. I won't judge people who fall into it. I swear.

Perhaps its just likeness. The vibe ehn. I still see the husband now despite leaving that state back to my state. Imagine if I had slept with his wife ?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply)

Convo Between A Female And Her Male Bestie Who Wants HIT And Run / Man Caught Lady He Trained In School For 7 Years In A Church With Another Man / (ladies Only) Is It Right For Your Boyfriend To Take You To An Hotel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.