Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,192 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States (75322 Views)

Residents Dancing Inside The Flooded Market In ABA Due To Rainfall / Rice Trailer Crashes Into Market In Akungba, Ondo, Over 10 Feared Dead (GRAPHIC) / Lockdown: My Visit To Street Market In Greece (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by Nobody: 6:53pm On Mar 27, 2022
This must be an igboman initiative grin

See how neat everywhere is.
Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by ashawopikin(m): 7:01pm On Mar 27, 2022
No e one, no overcrowding, everything dey organized
Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by Pk01(m): 7:03pm On Mar 27, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

U are welcomed.
I'm also owing some Arsenal fans grin grin
They should bear with me.
The cash is available but no time.
Time na money for here.
haaah smile.
Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by darfay: 7:06pm On Mar 27, 2022
Gudridance:
This must be an igboman initiative grin

See how neat everywhere is.

Igbo man initiative but y'all can't replicate in your home state because I don't get why abia and Anambra markets are that dirty to start with

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by Oppy2k2: 7:07pm On Mar 27, 2022
Me wey I dey always ashame to do bend down and select from Nigeria market.

See oyinbo wey better pass me dey joyfully bending down to select okirika. so no be say naija na him suffer pass.
Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by Nobody: 7:08pm On Mar 27, 2022
NorthernersSuck:

So them no dey issue receipt over there?
That market na the worst you can see in the United States, not really terrible per say...
But most of the things sold there don comot for Americans mind.
Nobody get time for receipt here.
Police no get time there.
Some of those items na things wey don stay long for departmental stores, that even the owners of the shop don tire.
They need to replace newer ones, so they auction them. Most items here are already below poverty line... grin grin
This is a Place for Hustlers grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by ZionSpecie(m): 7:08pm On Mar 27, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

California.
na Mexicans get California naaa grin grin
What city exactly?
Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by bluefilm: 7:38pm On Mar 27, 2022
This open market looks quite clean.
Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by Fame1309(f): 7:55pm On Mar 27, 2022
Lightway:

You sound like a poor hungry man that poverty has dealt with, then someone gives you bread and you say it is the sweetest bread you've ever tasted...

Look how you're managing to survive in America... You don't even own a car.... Better come back to your father land and use your sense.... M
Why the insult? somebody is trying to share experience for u to learn,u are here talking like a fool.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by Lightway: 8:05pm On Mar 27, 2022
Fame1309:

Why the insult? somebody is trying to share experience for u to learn,u are here talking like a fool.

It's your father that's a fool
Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by emonis88: 8:08pm On Mar 27, 2022
Nice
Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by Fame1309(f): 8:10pm On Mar 27, 2022
Lightway:

It's your father that's a fool
It really shows how kiddish u are.sorry I don't have time for children with out proper home training.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by LeoFish92(m): 8:17pm On Mar 27, 2022
murphy02:
If na here, na osaya go full the gate, follow you to where you want buy things come tell the seller to add their own cut, at the end of the day you get ripped off.

Lol. I guess you are not Igbo. It's Oso ahia or Oso afia depending on the dialect. Means Market Runs.

Oso is run. Afia/Ahia Is market.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by larrypourl(m): 8:22pm On Mar 27, 2022
Brings memory of Chinese Village in Lagos when it was in full operation years ago.
Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by iyke2frankeze: 8:28pm On Mar 27, 2022
So Chinese used wears are also sold in the US?
Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by ibinaboonline: 8:29pm On Mar 27, 2022
Most def borrowed the idea from Nigerian markets aswea. But which city in California, Biko?
Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by Modesty0604(m): 8:31pm On Mar 27, 2022
So what part of the United States is this?
Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by bennyflipy(m): 8:34pm On Mar 27, 2022
Hope say you price all the things you buy

What's the price of fairly used iphone 10
Make i gather money send to you, make you help me buy?
Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by teepain: 8:36pm On Mar 27, 2022
Techsupport:
This is swap meet. There is one on Highway 6 and Bissonet for my East Texas hustlers. cool

I prefer Goodwill stores for my deals, especially the one around Davis campus of University of California.
Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by teepain: 8:37pm On Mar 27, 2022
larrypourl:
Brings memory of Chinese Village in Lagos when it was in full operation years ago.

Funny enough, there are some places akin to Chinese towns too in some cities in the U.S

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by teepain: 8:42pm On Mar 27, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

I wonder how people still use cars to measure success. We need do away with all these.
U go see OYIBO wey don get money scatter....
But he rides Bicycle to work because Wealthy lifestyle don tire am too. Everyday car, Office.
No Natural Life again

The concept of having a good quality of life seems to be lost on Africans and that is why they measure success by the number of material things they can possess. This phenomenon explains the grab grab mentality that has possessed most Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:46pm On Mar 27, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:
Market Proper!
Things are tremendously cheap here.
Including New & Fairly used!
Pleass what's the difference btw this and a flea market?
Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by Nobody: 8:48pm On Mar 27, 2022
teepain:

I prefer Goodwill stores for my deals, especially the one around Davis campus of University of California.

I only go to goodwill when I want to hustle. I find ones in really rich neighborhood, with any luck, I can pick up a 2 million dollar Rembrandt painting for $25.99 grin grin

FYI, that luck has not worked yet cool
Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 27, 2022
vivaciousvivi:

Pleass what's the difference btw this and a flea market?

Same thing. Flea market, swap meet. same thing

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by teepain: 8:51pm On Mar 27, 2022
Techsupport:

I only go to goodwill when I want to hustle. I find ones in really rich neighborhood, with any luck, I can pick up a 2 million dollar Rembrandt painting for $25.99 grin grin

FYI, that luck has not worked yet cool

Lol. Keep trying, you never can tell. You will strike gold soon. Keep it real bro.
Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by Nobody: 8:54pm On Mar 27, 2022
teepain:

Lol. Keep trying, you never can tell. You will strike gold soon. Keep it real bro.

Thanks. I hope I do... Pay off my kids college tuition.
Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by teepain: 8:55pm On Mar 27, 2022
Techsupport:

Thanks. I hope I do... Pay off my kids college tuition.

That sounds good.
Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:56pm On Mar 27, 2022
Techsupport:

Same thing. Flea market, swap meet. same thing
Ahhh....I see. Thanks
Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 27, 2022
vivaciousvivi:

Ahhh....I see. Thanks

UW
Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by Nobody: 10:30pm On Mar 27, 2022

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by dettolgel: 10:38pm On Mar 27, 2022
Go to the one in Brussels in Clemenceau it opens Friday, Saturday and Sunday. They also have abattoir there.
Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by MisterKennedy(m): 10:58pm On Mar 27, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:
I embarked on a short visit to a very popular open market to see things for myself.
What I saw marveled me.
I was stunned at how cheap things could be.
Many a times we are blindfolded & overtaken by the events of times & what we can see on the surface without actually knowing that the real deal is beneath the petals of the flowers we see.

In the same vein, this Analogy can be likened to the story of the iceberg deeply buried underneath the sea meanwhile what sailors could see is just the "TIP" of the Iceberg.
"Life is always about how you make your BED".
Here, are some pictures I got and some items I was able to purchase too.
This is just for your information & to the Glory of Nairaland. Nothing else.
Thank You!

Below;
Parking structure & one of the entrance points.
Good evening Sir

How're you doing?

Do you have a job you might want me to do for you remotely?

Sir please employ me as your virtual assistant

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Killed By A Hit And Run Driver In Sapele, Delta. Do You Know Her? (Graphic) / Nigerian Man Travelling To Saudi Arabia On Bicycle (Photos) / Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.