Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? (17432 Views)

If God Hates Sin So Much, Then Why Does He Let It Multiply? / God Hates Human Sacrifice / Osinachi: God Still Hates Divorce By Deji Yesufu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Freeeanijor: 9:55am On Mar 27, 2022
My people when it comes to moral issues it's only the Almighty that has judgement on them. Only him knows how the judgment will be.
Grace is what we pray for �.
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Ubdavis(m): 9:56am On Mar 27, 2022
Before person come die, make person kukuma go him papa house
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by tutudesz: 9:56am On Mar 27, 2022
DropsMic:

Because the blacks are not really good at logical or deductive reasoning... And it tells on our society
Seriously grin The same Bible has different interpretation to different Pastor's
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Westezenwa: 9:58am On Mar 27, 2022
This matter is highly spiritual, may GOD keep us strong and not to fall into temptation,

2022 NWAG Scholarships for Young Women in Nigeria In partnership with the Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG), the NWAG is providing scholarship possibilities to Nigerian females who wish to pursue a degree program in their home country.
https://thenigeriafm.com/2022/03/26/2022-nwag-scholarships-for-young-women-in-nigeria/

1 Like

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by alizma: 10:02am On Mar 27, 2022
Except two are in agreement, they cannot work together. Once you discovered this in your marriage, take the honorable path.

1 Like

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by SwissMass: 10:02am On Mar 27, 2022
tutudesz:

So why should such person's tell us what to hate and like
Jesus have warned us about false pastors and prophets, we are to follow the bible and those that teach the bible without compromise
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Bluesearoll(m): 10:02am On Mar 27, 2022
Please tell us the correct LAW
DryMouth:

The bible law on divorce is pragmatically wrong.

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Pimine: 10:09am On Mar 27, 2022
Ammishaddai:
Bros , the conditions for divorce has been stipulated for in the bible and we dont need to debate this matter further .

See what the bible says in Matt 19:9 :

And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, [b]except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced commits adultery[/b]

From the bolded , it is clear that divorce is impossible and no matter the condition or circumstances, a man or woman is not permitted to have a divorce, and even if he should have a divorce, he/she cannot marry because that will be judged as adultery.
Aswearugaaad

And how did you miss the "... except for sexual immorality" caveat? Doesn't it mean you could divorce and remarry if your partner were unfaithful?

1 Like

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by mainkendo: 10:10am On Mar 27, 2022
Uprightness100:
We as Humans need to understand some Foundational Principles of Life and in our relationship with GOD ALMIGHTY, our Creator.

THE WORD of GOD is UNCHANGEABLE.
Heaven and Earth will pass away, but the Word of GOD remains. GOD will not Change because of a Changing World.

EVERYONE of us WILL STAND before GOD on a " SOLO LEVEL" to RENDER ACCOUNT to GOD.
Husband and wife will not stand together,
Twins will not stand together,
Culture, religion, belief, technology, etc will not Matter. The Word of GOD is the Standard.

No Matter what happens to you , be the one to Obey the Word of GOD.
If your Hubby or wifey decides to walk away or goes to marry someone else. As one who Fears GOD, it's your cross to carry. You go to GOD in Prayers and seek his face for your partner to return. That is the Reason why you are advised to Earnestly seek GOD'S Face for HIS Choice before you enter into Marriage.

If he/she returns , Praise GOD! If he/she does not return, Praise GOD. Marriage is not a condition to make Heaven.

Obedience to GOD and HIS Word is what is Paramount.
According to GOD'S Word, Only Death Permits a Man/ woman to remarry.
The end time is near.

1 Like

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by elasticlala: 10:13am On Mar 27, 2022
Leave those people that just read only one portion of the Bible and start shouting God hates this and that bla bla bla…. as if that is the only thing that God hates. Most people that do not divorce do much more things that God hates and they are there shouting ‘upandan’. If a man or woman has gone to marry another person, the partner is automatically free to remarry because the former had already bridged the edge of sexual default. In the other situation, if an ‘unbelieving wife’ chooses to leave, the husband is also free… I rest my case. Don’t allow any religious fanatics to threaten u with God’s this and that… they aren’t God.

3 Likes

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by tutudesz: 10:23am On Mar 27, 2022
SwissMass:

Jesus have warned us about false pastors and prophets, we are to follow the bible and those that teach the bible without compromise
I love this statement cool

1 Like

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Speeedy(m): 10:24am On Mar 27, 2022
Currently, we are faced with this. My immediate elder sister's husband walked away in September. Last week Sunday at about 10 pm I was called that he broke the doors, battered her as usual and threw her things out. On getting there I picked her and the two kids to my family house before the family took over. The reason is we found out she is neck-deep in debt because she has been running the home alone without any input from him and we stopped her from borrowing again.

About 3yrs ago a middle-aged man some plots away beat his wife to death. Neighbors and her family admit it's been on for over 15years of their marriage.

....but God hates divorce

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by jayworld15(m): 10:35am On Mar 27, 2022
Ammishaddai:
Bros , the conditions for divorce has been stipulated for in the bible and we dont need to debate this matter further .

And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced commits adultery

From the bolded , it is clear that divorce is impossible and no matter the condition or circumstances, a man or woman is not permitted to have a divorce, and even if he should have a divorce, he/she cannot marry because that will be judged as adultery.

Emphasis is placed on sexual immorality. You can marry if the bed is defiled. The bed here is the symbols (husband and wife) that has become one. God places an exception on cheating. With that, you can remarry aside the death of one partner.

1 Like

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by komekn(m): 10:36am On Mar 27, 2022
Mharvis:
Hello Wonderful people of God,

So I was going through a topic on the front page yesterday about a wife telling her husband that she isn't interested in the marriage again but the husband didn't want divorce.

Now for the Christians among us, you and I know that God hates divorce. No need to start quoting many scriptures you're already aware of but what happens when one of the parties in the marriage isn't interested in the marriage again??

Just to add personal experiences,

1. My ex-colleague's husband walked out of her marriage of 5 years because she couldn't get pregnant, the husband put another woman in the family way and told her people to return the bride price he paid. Guess what? She's just 31.. What would you advise her to do as a Christian? Remain like that because God hates divorce? At 31 years??

2. My former co-worker in campus fellowship walked out of her marriage because she was tired of hardship. She returned to her village and left the husband in Lagos. The marriage was just 3 years. All efforts to reconcile them didn't work. Another mutual friend called me last month that her husband is remarried, why would he do that? God hates divorce and all that... I had to ask her on phone that man isn't up to 35 years from what I know, what would you expect him do as Hanty no gree come back

Share your thoughts people of God.

First of all, since the context is Christian principal then you must see the word of God, biblical principles in strict context. In addition have uncompromising concession in the infallibility of the word of God.

There is tendency to use modern day norms and values to articulate Biblical standards and spirit which is not the true context of the word of God.

We dont make the word of God to fall in line with our modern day Western cultural norms and values, to make it more acceptable to our modern day men and women in and out of our Churches.

The Bible is intrinsically clear.

The motivation for divorce is REMARRIAGE that's at the heart of it. Discontent is anchored ⚓ on the option to get what is perceived as a better option, a new partner.

In this regard it's unquestionable TRUTH. " Any man who marries a divorced woman, commits adultery"

If this is adhered to then , with God all things are possible couples will work out thier issues positively.

The Bible is clear the only way the marriage convenant can be broken is death.

However, on the part of men if a woman is unfaithful the option is there for the man to divorce his wife, the only exception. It should be noted it's not vice versa.

The Bible is intrinsically patriarchal and has no modern day leanings towards liberal feminism and equality.

Men and women are not the same and equality cannot equated to two beings that are different. Complimentary but different. The Bible once again is very clear.

2 Likes

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by gabicon: 10:37am On Mar 27, 2022
Mharvis:

So I was going through a topic on the front page yesterday about a wife telling her husband that she isn't interested in the marriage again but the husband didn't want divorce.

Now for the Christians among us, you and I know that God hates divorce. No need to start quoting many scriptures you're already aware of but what happens when one of the parties in the marriage isn't interested in the marriage again??

1. My ex-colleague's husband walked out of her marriage of 5 years because she couldn't get pregnant, the husband put another woman in the family way and told her people to return the bride price he paid. Guess what? She's just 31.. What would you advise her to do as a Christian? Remain like that because God hates divorce? At 31 years??

2. My former co-worker in campus fellowship walked out of her marriage because she was tired of hardship. She returned to her village and left the husband in Lagos. The marriage was just 3 years. All efforts to reconcile them didn't work. Another mutual friend called me last month that her husband is remarried, why would he do that? God hates divorce and all that... I had to ask her on phone that man isn't up to 35 years from what I know, what would you expect him do as Hanty no gree come back

I think you first need to first ask the question, why God hates divorce. Secondly your idea of God shouldn't be a fellow with a stick anxiously waiting to punish those who do wrong, He is a compassionate God, who understands what we are going through.

The answer to your questions are in 1 Corinthians 7. People are called Christians because they behave like Christ, anyone who calls himself a Christian and doesn't behave accordingly is no better than an unbeliever. We have so many unbelievers parading themselves as Christians, they mentally accent to behaving like Christ.

So if one is married to someone that is an unbelieving Christian and that person has refused to live with them, they are no longer under obligation to remain married to nobody.

The women in the church are the most affected by their badly behaved husband's, its sad to see how these women deteriorate over the years as a result of an absolute marriage ideology while the men enjoy their life.

We as individuals are married to Christ the day we accept his lordship, but should we say we are no longer interested in the relationship, doesn't Christ make the relationship by force? No we are bound by our choices with the consciousness that they carry consequences.

After exhausting all channels of reconciliation, if your husband/wife refuses to reconcile with you, you are no longer under obligation to the marriage and are free to remarry.

2 Likes

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Fordzzy(m): 10:37am On Mar 27, 2022
U tell them to come back in Jesus name undecided undecided
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Mharvis: 10:44am On Mar 27, 2022
komekn:

First of all, since the context is Christian principal then you must see the word of God, biblical principles in strict context. In addition have uncompromising concession in the infallibility of the word of God.

There is tendency to use modern day norms and values to articulate Biblical standards and spirit which is not the true context of the word of God.

We dont make the word of God to fall in line with our modern day Western cultural norms and values, to make it more acceptable to our modern day men and women in and out of our Churches.

If this is adhered to then , with God all things are possible couples will work out thier issues positively.

The Bible is clear the only way the marriage convenant can be broken is death.

Very insightful comment you made but however I want to point out something in the second to last paragraph from what I quoted, I hope you know that God doesn't enforce His will on anyone? The Holy Spirit can convict but will not enforce His will on anyone.

If the uninterested party decides not to come back, and all efforts of reconciliation proved abortive, do you then say that the other party has to stay that single since the other is still alive?
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by lazarusokafor90(m): 10:44am On Mar 27, 2022
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Mharvis: 10:46am On Mar 27, 2022
gabicon:

I think you first need to first ask the question, why God hates divorce. Secondly your idea of God shouldn't be a fellow with a stick anxiously waiting to punish those who do wrong, He is a compassionate God, who understands what we are going through.

The answer to your questions are in 1 Corinthians 7. People are called Christians because they behave like Christ, anyone who calls himself a Christian and doesn't behave accordingly is no better than an unbeliever. We have so many unbelievers parading themselves as Christians, they mentally accent to behaving like Christ.

So if one is married to someone that is an unbelieving Christian and that person has refused to live with them, they are no longer under obligation to remain married to nobody.

The women in the church are the most affected by their badly behaved husband's, its sad to see how these women deteriorate over the years as a result of an absolute marriage ideology while the men enjoy their life.

We as individuals are married to Christ the day we accept his lordship, but should we say we are no longer interested in the relationship, doesn't Christ make the relationship by force? No we are bound by our choices with the consciousness that they carry consequences.

After exhausting all channels of reconciliation, if your husband/wife refuses to reconcile with you, you are no longer under obligation to the marriage and are free to remarry.

Honestly, these are my thoughts. Thanks for the insight.
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Ammishaddai: 10:46am On Mar 27, 2022
[s]
jayworld15:

Emphasis is placed on sexual immorality. You can marry if the bed is defiled. The bed here is the symbols (husband and wife) that has become one. God places an exception on cheating. With that, you can remarry aside the death of one partner.
[/s] No scripture to back you claim. ? grin
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Ammishaddai: 10:49am On Mar 27, 2022
[s]
HRprof:

whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality there is a clause, Don't contradict yourself divorce is possible even with your bible qoutes. exception there means you can divorce if on a ground of sexual immorality.
[/s] My problem with a lot of you kids here is that you hate reading. Read that passage again and see what it says about marrying someone who is divorced (aka caught in the act of sexual immorality )
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by WatchYourSix: 10:50am On Mar 27, 2022
Breadandpeppers:
I think we are in the era of Grace and in the new covenant.

Era of grace....lol...the gospel of convenience
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Mharvis: 10:52am On Mar 27, 2022
Speeedy:
Currently, we are faced with this. My immediate elder sister's husband walked away in September. Last week Sunday at about 10 pm I was called that he broke the doors, battered her as usual and threw her things out. On getting there I picked her and the two kids to my family house before the family took over. The reason is we found out she is neck-deep in debt because she has been running the home alone without any input from him and we stopped her from borrowing again.

About 3yrs ago a middle-aged man some plots away beat his wife to death. Neighbors and her family admit it's been on for over 15years of their marriage.

....but God hates divorce

It's well Bro.... Some questions in Christianity our faith is just hinged on assumptions and we can only hope for His mercies to endure.

Your sister should just live for her children and in the event of physical abuse please separation is encouraged. We're not created to die for anyone. Only Jesus had that mission. Cheers.
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Kingibiza(m): 10:56am On Mar 27, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
What's your God business with how human want to live?
This is marriage... undecided
You should never displease your peace of mind cos of an imaginary creature..

If your marriage life ain't stable and yve tried all you could...why not divorce instead of enduring just to please something.. undecided

Commot your hand for wetin no concern you

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by komekn(m): 10:57am On Mar 27, 2022
gabicon:

After exhausting all channels of reconciliation, if your husband/wife refuses to reconcile with you, you are no longer under obligation to the marriage and are free to remarry

Revelations 22: 18-19

18 9For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: jIf anyone adds to these things, 1God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, kGod 2shall take away his part from the 3Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book

Modern day thinking, norms and values perception and societal expectations are not the WORD OF GOD.

Be very careful that you don't inadvertently do the devil's work to decieve and destroy and kill.

What is in the bold is simply a LIE.

I presume you have culled this disinformation and misinformation from 1 Corinthians 7.

Consider verses

11 But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

39 The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord

Finally, remember narrow is the path and only few will enter.

I have a principal that's not necessarily Biblical albeit it Biblical derived. If everybody is doing something that's the majority it may probably be wrong .

12 men of God established and matured were sent out to spy the promised land , 10 came back with a report that had no Faith or Belief in God. It was called an evil report by God, it probably seemed rational and sensible. Buy it was evil before God, Joshua and Caleb have a report based on conviction of who God is and believed they were well able to take the land.

It's impossible to please God without FAITH & BELIEF. Marriage fails from lack of faith and belief and accepting an evil report the Lie.
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by OLULAW: 10:57am On Mar 27, 2022
People should do whatever gives them inner peace and makes them happy rather than relying on a book of myths and folklores. In the examples cited, those people should go and seek another partner and move on. Period.
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by JimmyfixDesigns: 11:09am On Mar 27, 2022
Ammishaddai:

And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced commits adultery

Divorce except on the ground sexual immorality is the one termed adultery if such persons marry again.

If one of the mates commits sexual immorality, the innocent mate is free to divorce and marry someone else.

But another clause there's, if the innocent mate can forgive the guilty one.....they can remain together but if he or she cannot forgive.....there is freedom to marry
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by CaptainFM1: 11:17am On Mar 27, 2022
Don't sign the divorce papers.
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Lepon02: 11:17am On Mar 27, 2022
Mharvis:

Ok.
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by gabicon: 11:18am On Mar 27, 2022
komekn:

Revelations 22: 18-19

18 9For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: jIf anyone adds to these things, 1God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, kGod 2shall take away his part from the 3Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book

Modern day thinking, norms and values perception and societal expectations are not the WORD OF GOD.

Be very careful that you don't inadvertently do the devil's work to decieve and destroy and kill.

What is in the bold is simply a LIE.

I presume you have culled this disinformation and misinformation from 1 Corinthians 7.

Consider verses

11 But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

39 The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord

Finally, remember narrow is the path and only few will enter.

I have a principal that's not necessarily Biblical albeit it Biblical derived. If everybody is doing something that's the majority it may probably be wrong .

12 men of God established and matured were sent out to spy the promised land , 10 came back with a report that had no Faith or Belief in God. It was called an evil report by God, it probably seemed rational and sensible. Buy it was evil before God, Joshua and Caleb have a report based on conviction of who God is and believed they were well able to take the land.

It's impossible to please God without FAITH & BELIEF. Marriage fails from lack of faith and belief and accepting an evil report the Lie.

Well, we are all entitled to what we believe, but if I may ask, how many people in a difficult marriage have you helped? How many people who have been divorced have you made wholesome? How many women who are battered everyday by their husbands has your faith and belief worked for? You don't use theory when practicality is required.
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Cutehector(m): 11:22am On Mar 27, 2022
I dont believe a woman can want to live with a man in poor setting. That is a total lie. Never fall for that scam. They will always consider themselves first.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

We Are Ready To Take Over From Oritsejafor – Northern CAN Replies Group / My Journey Into heaven / On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.