Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,846 members, 7,828,076 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? (17438 Views)

If God Hates Sin So Much, Then Why Does He Let It Multiply? / God Hates Human Sacrifice / Osinachi: God Still Hates Divorce By Deji Yesufu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Adeoye11(m): 12:59pm On Mar 27, 2022
Steep:
marriage is not what one can walk into and walk out from at any time, such mentality is a rebellion against God the originator of marriage.

1 Corinthians 7:11 But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

7:12 But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.

7:13 And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.

7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

7:15 But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.

When a partner leaves a marriage then the other partner is free.

@op nice scriptural insight, I love this bible text well and I will like it also to that Mat19, but I wants us to know one thing in marriage that this Corinthians has a 'but' so also "Matt 19" but in all let us liken all of it to the concepts of 'forgiveness' that no matter what happens this concept must come to play.
We all know our errors and lots of shortcomings to God and out of these abundance of errors and shortcomings he still chooses to forgive us.
So we have all been reading the lord's prayer where one of the verses says forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who tresspassed against us, to me where this verse come to play mostly is the issue of marriage.
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Offpoint1: 12:59pm On Mar 27, 2022
Ammishaddai:
Bros , the conditions for divorce has been stipulated for in the bible and we dont need to debate this matter further .

See what the bible says in Matt 19:9 :

And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced commits adultery

From the bolded , it is clear that divorce is impossible and no matter the condition or circumstances, a man or woman is not permitted to have a divorce, and even if he should have a divorce, he/she cannot marry because that will be judged as adultery.
So if your wife attempts to kill you twice and failed, you'll still stay married to her because the bible said so?

1 Like

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Desusi: 1:00pm On Mar 27, 2022
Any marriage foundation that is not well laid will surely have problem. This is the basis of the problems highlighted in example highlighted in your post.If however there's trouble after doing the will of God before the marriage, then leave the rest into God's hand. If your wife or husband walk away, call God into the scene, He will restore the loss wine,when it finished.

1 Like

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by NgGodswill: 1:00pm On Mar 27, 2022
She was joined together in the WORD
Inside the house oh God in total agreement to stay till everyone witnessed it.now she walks away
What and who made her free....
The word
The church
The congregation?
The family?
How?
You start a degree programs through matriculation and end with convocation
You start a family with a wedding and end with ?

My dear,she is not free anywhere neither him,the earliest we realise that the better
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Adeoye11(m): 1:02pm On Mar 27, 2022
philip0906:

God bless. Verse 15 is where the answer lies.

There is also a 'but 'that say but God has called us to peace.vs15b
So how about the peace God has called us into ?
And remember follow peace with all men without which ............
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by SwissMass: 1:02pm On Mar 27, 2022
Samfloxin:

One can marry a believer and along the line,he or she backslides.
Yes GOD that gave you the backsliding believer knows how to solve it
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by fredoooooo: 1:05pm On Mar 27, 2022
Let the party go , try to talk it over , when not function leave , let the other person go. No need to beg or force anyone to stay with you

1 Like

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Adeoye11(m): 1:05pm On Mar 27, 2022
Desusi:
Any marriage foundation that is not well laid will surely have problem. This is the basis of the problems highlighted in example highlighted in your post.If however there's trouble after doing the will of God before the marriage, then leave the rest into God's hand. If your wife or husband walk away, call God into the scene, He will restore the loss wine,when it finished.

The issue is now that while waiting, what happens? Alot I guessed, then can some of us really "wait"? 30,35,40 after Divorce is still waiting oo!!
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by leon46: 1:09pm On Mar 27, 2022
You have to do everything possible to avoid divorce. If you divorce then you have to stay single forever
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Steep(m): 1:15pm On Mar 27, 2022
Adeoye11:

@op nice scriptural insight, I love this bible text well and I will like it also to that Mat19, but I wants us to know one thing in marriage that this Corinthians has a 'but' so also "Matt 19" but in all let us liken all of it to the concepts of 'forgiveness' that no matter what happens this concept must come to play.
We all know our errors and lots of shortcomings to God and out of these abundance of errors and shortcomings he still chooses to forgive us.
So we have all been reading the lord's prayer where one of the verses says forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who tresspassed against us, to me where this verse come to play mostly is the issue of marriage.
when a husband leaves it is a choice, it is not a matter of forgiveness or unforgiveness.
Also for adultery, divorced forgiveness can set in if that person is repentant.
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Exceed15: 1:18pm On Mar 27, 2022
If one party choose to walk away and all effort made to resolve proved abortive. My dear , let it be . Remember, ALL THINGS (Not some) WORK TOGETHER FOR OUR GOOD.

1 Like

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by dannex4adx(m): 1:22pm On Mar 27, 2022
Breadandpeppers:
I think we are in the era of Grace and in the new covenant.

My sister, Grace is not the license to do anyhow ooo

1 Like

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Samfloxin(m): 1:24pm On Mar 27, 2022
SwissMass:
Yes GOD that gave you the backsliding believer knows how to solve it
Story
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by macho44(m): 1:27pm On Mar 27, 2022
Mharvis:
Hello Wonderful people of God,

So I was going through a topic on the front page yesterday about a wife telling her husband that she isn't interested in the marriage again but the husband didn't want divorce.

Now for the Christians among us, you and I know that God hates divorce. No need to start quoting many scriptures you're already aware of but what happens when one of the parties in the marriage isn't interested in the marriage again??

Just to add personal experiences,

1. My ex-colleague's husband walked out of her marriage of 5 years because she couldn't get pregnant, the husband put another woman in the family way and told her people to return the bride price he paid. Guess what? She's just 31.. What would you advise her to do as a Christian? Remain like that because God hates divorce? At 31 years??

2. My former co-worker in campus fellowship walked out of her marriage because she was tired of hardship. She returned to her village and left the husband in Lagos. The marriage was just 3 years. All efforts to reconcile them didn't work. Another mutual friend called me last month that her husband is remarried, why would he do that? God hates divorce and all that... I had to ask her on phone that man isn't up to 35 years from what I know, what would you expect him do as Hanty no gree come back

Share your thoughts people of God.
Seems All Your Colleagues Love Jumping SHIP & Abandoning Their Marriages, Beware Of Bad Colleagues oOoOO. grin
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Mbo07: 1:32pm On Mar 27, 2022
Uprightness100:
We as Humans need to understand some Foundational Principles of Life and in our relationship with GOD ALMIGHTY, our Creator.

THE WORD of GOD is UNCHANGEABLE.
Heaven and Earth will pass away, but the Word of GOD remains. GOD will not Change because of a Changing World.

EVERYONE of us WILL STAND before GOD on a " SOLO LEVEL" to RENDER ACCOUNT to GOD.
Husband and wife will not stand together,
Twins will not stand together,
Culture, religion, belief, technology, etc will not Matter. The Word of GOD is the Standard.

No Matter what happens to you , be the one to Obey the Word of GOD.
If your Hubby or wifey decides to walk away or goes to marry someone else. As one who Fears GOD and Value your soul , it's your cross to carry. You go to GOD in Prayers and seek his face for your partner to return. That is the Reason why you are advised to Earnestly seek GOD'S Face for HIS Choice before you enter into Marriage.

If he/she returns , Praise GOD! If he/she does not return, Praise GOD. Marriage is not a condition to make Heaven.

Obedience to GOD and HIS Word is what is Paramount.
According to GOD'S Word, Only Death Permits a Man/ woman to remarry.

2017 I married a gay pastor who drugged me every night to have anal with me, I never knew untill I realised any night he served me dinner I slept like a dead tree, not up to a month after our marriage. I couldn't hold urine or feace, I was ashamed to tell the same person that left me in that condition. He would always tell me he was tired of having sex with me, but once he served me water or food I'm off.

When I wake up, my anus will be swollen and I felt pain, I felt something was wrong with Me, I was scared to confront him untill the day I was cleaning the house and I saw a pack of sleeping tablets. I text the name to a Facebook friend that works in the pharmacy and what she told me left my heart in my hands bleeding.

I confronted him, but he denied it, he wasn't ready to change. Days later I discovered he was doing this with the gardener's daughter, again I confronted him and he denied it, despite seeing pictures prof on his phone of him and the girl. I left a marriage not up to 3months.

I left because this things happening to me was never what I prayed to God for, and if your God will judge me because I left a sex, gay, predator who hide under the robe of a pastor, then That you God is not My God at all. Because my saviour Jesus Christ saved me from premature death

3 Likes

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Lari03r(m): 1:39pm On Mar 27, 2022
This is one of the reasons why a Christian should pray before going into marriage.

Take time to pray and be sure you have found your mate as ordained by God.

Secondly, people need prophetic counsel. Not all people are humans, some are under demonic possession, agents of darkness and under household bondage. When you receive direction from God, and you keep your marriage based on God, you will know how to react and you will avoid broken marriages.

The reality is that Nigeria itself is a mini-hell that brings the worst out of people and many marriages are creaking and breaking down because of the condition of the country.

However, if your partner departs and for whatever reason divorces you, pray to God and remarry under divine instruction.

It is useless quoting the Bible without hearing from God because every situation is different. If we say the full marks of human libido is 100%, and a person has 80% libido and the marriage breaks down at 35 years, and the person still has 45 years to live according to the plan of God for such a life, will you leave that person to continue unmarried? In pains of unfulfilled sexuality and potential? I don't think so.

The daughters of Zelophedad in the Bible, who asked for their father's inheritance even though he didn't have a male child, is an example that some situations need specific solutions because people are different.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Mummyfour(f): 1:41pm On Mar 27, 2022
Uprightness100:
We as Humans need to understand some Foundational Principles of Life and in our relationship with GOD ALMIGHTY, our Creator.

Heaven and Earth will pass away, but the Word of GOD remains. GOD will not Change because of a Changing World.

[b]EVERYONE of us WILL STAND before GOD on a " SOLO LEVEL" to RENDER ACCOUNT to GOD.[/b]what about an innocent woman that is thrown.out by her husband with a lot of false accusations.
What should she do?.
Culture, religion, belief, technology, etc will not Matter. The Word of GOD is the Standard.

If your Hubby or wifey decides to walk away or goes to marry someone else. As one who Fears GOD and Value your soul , it's your cross to carry. You go to GOD in Prayers and seek his face for your partner to return. That is the Reason why you are advised to Earnestly seek GOD'S Face for HIS Choice before you enter into Marriage.

If he/she returns , Praise GOD! If he/she does not return, Praise GOD. Marriage is not a condition to make Heaven.

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by BananaPeel(m): 1:42pm On Mar 27, 2022
Mharvis:

I'm not arguing but this is a very delicate matter. I've resigned to the fact that the way God may judge us may not be how we think He will. If as a man at 35, my wife decides to walk away from me and marry someone else, what do I do with all my hormones that are still raging?? Will God expect me to stay like that or keep fornicating/masturbating or just go and remarry??

This judgment may not be as we think really.

You are to remarry rather than burn with emotions.

1 Like

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Mummyfour(f): 1:44pm On Mar 27, 2022
Uprightness100:

EVERYONE of us WILL STAND before GOD on a " SOLO LEVEL" to RENDER ACCOUNT to GOD.

what should an innocent woman that was thrown out her house by her husband with a lot of false accusations from him and his siblings do, and also abandons her and her children while saying God said he should abandon them?

E get reason wey I dey ask. I know one woman that is going through such now
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Lari03r(m): 1:49pm On Mar 27, 2022
Mbo07:

2017 I married a gay pastor who drugged me every night to have anal with me, I never knew untill I realised any night he served me dinner I slept like a dead tree, not up to a month after our marriage. I couldn't hold urine or feace, I was ashamed to tell the same person that left me in that condition. He would always tell me he was tired of having sex with me, but once he served me water or food I'm off.

When I wake up, my anus will be swollen and I felt pain, I felt something was wrong with Me, I was scared to confront him untill the day I was cleaning the house and I saw a pack of sleeping tablets. I text the name to a Facebook friend that works in the pharmacy and what she told me left my heart in my hands bleeding.

I confronted him, but he denied it, he wasn't ready to change. Days later I discovered he was doing this with the gardener's daughter, again I confronted him and he denied it, despite seeing pictures prof on his phone of him and the girl. I left a marriage not up to 3months.

I left because this things happening to me was never what I prayed to God for, and if your God will judge me because I left a sex, gay, predator who hide under the robe of a pastor, then That you God is not My God at all. Because my saviour Jesus Christ saved me from premature death
You never really got married though you went through the procedures.

You have yet to meet your true husband.

Child bearing and correct sexual orientation is equally important in a marriage.

1 Like

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by jayworld15(m): 1:50pm On Mar 27, 2022
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] No scripture to back you claim. ? grin

Read what you quoted from the bible. But this time, slowly.
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Adeoye11(m): 1:57pm On Mar 27, 2022
Steep:
when a husband leaves it is a choice, it is not a matter of forgiveness or unforgiveness.
Also for adultery, divorced forgiveness can set in if that person is repentant.

Romans 1:28 read it well, holy spirit will help u.
Amen
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by sonofthunder: 2:01pm On Mar 27, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
What's your God business with how human want to live?
This is marriage... undecided
You should never displease your peace of mind cos of an imaginary creature..

If your marriage life ain't stable and yve tried all you could...why not divorce instead of enduring just to please something.. undecided

Seun, lalasticlala..... Can a Christian leave that first sentence on a Muslim thread

You guys need to come up with rules that will be consistent

2 Likes

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by SeriouslySense(m): 2:01pm On Mar 27, 2022
You live your Life. Marriage is not by force. wink wink
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by sonofthunder: 2:02pm On Mar 27, 2022
Mbo07:

This is such a sad experience
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Mar 27, 2022
Uprightness100:
Read your Bible sir! Re-marrying under any guise is adultery. Only Death Permits is to remarry.

Na you need to read your Bible oga
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Emergingnation3(m): 2:05pm On Mar 27, 2022
JimmyfixDesigns:

Divorce except on the ground sexual immorality is the one termed adultery if such persons marry again.

If one of the mates commits sexual immorality, the innocent mate is free to divorce and marry someone else.

But another clause there's, if the innocent mate can forgive the guilty one.....they can remain together but if he or she cannot forgive.....there is freedom to marry
pls Can you show us this clause ?
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 2:13pm On Mar 27, 2022
sonofthunder:

Seun, lalasticlala..... Can a Christian leave that first sentence on a Muslim thread

You guys need to come up with rules that will be consistent
And who told you I am from the other religion?
What do you want the mods to do tho?ban me for breaking no rules.. undecided

Why do you religious folks always hate the truth...worse of all you can't prove the existence of what you claim to serve.. undecided
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Grace2Grace(m): 2:40pm On Mar 27, 2022
[quote author=Mharvis post=111407361]

I'm not arguing but this is a very delicate matter. I've resigned to the fact that the way God may judge us may not be how we think He will. If as a man at 35, my wife decides to walk away from me and marry someone else, what do I do with all my hormones that are still raging?? Will God expect me to stay like that or keep fornicating/masturbating or just go and remarry??

This judgment may not be as we think really.

The judgement will NOT be as you think, but how GOD has said it.
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Mbo07: 2:45pm On Mar 27, 2022
sonofthunder:

This is such a sad experience

If human will understand this is sad, will God not? Why do some born again act like they know more than Christ
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Charly68: 2:45pm On Mar 27, 2022
Breadandpeppers:
I think we are in the era of Grace and in the new covenant.
Very sarcastic question indeed
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Mbo07: 2:46pm On Mar 27, 2022
Lari03r:

You never really got married though you went through the procedures.

You have yet to meet your true husband.

Child bearing and correct sexual orientation is equally important in a marriage.

Oh okay, really. Ahaaa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? / My Journey Into heaven / Hot Nigeria Girls Twerks Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.