Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,781 members, 7,827,884 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? (17436 Views)

If God Hates Sin So Much, Then Why Does He Let It Multiply? / God Hates Human Sacrifice / Osinachi: God Still Hates Divorce By Deji Yesufu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:32am On Mar 27, 2022
Bluesearoll:
Who is this fool?
Ask Jesus.. undecided
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Bahamas95(m): 9:32am On Mar 27, 2022
Marriage is not a do or die affair.

If you cannot cope with your partner quit!

1 Like

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by maticar: 9:32am On Mar 27, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
What's your God business with how human want to live?
This is marriage... undecided
You should never displease your peace of mind cos of an imaginary creature..

If your marriage life ain't stable and yve tried all you could...why not divorce instead of enduring just to please something.. undecided
Don't be stupid this menstrual pad....

God instituted marriage and if you can't comprehend that, fall from sight

It is duty of man and those who believe to serve and obey His commandments

But one day you will close your eyes in death and realize how imaginary this God is and foolish those who say there is no God are

1 Like

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by tutudesz: 9:33am On Mar 27, 2022
DropsMic:
The God the white man introduced to us hates everything...
The white who owns religion are busy divorcing themselves, while black man is busy hating everything
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:33am On Mar 27, 2022
maticar:

Don't be stupid this menstrual pad....

God instituted marriage and if you can't comprehend that, fall from sight

It is duty of man and those who believe to serve and obey His commandments

But one day you will close your eyes in death and realize how imaginary this God is and foolish those who say there is no God are
As I said..you musn't displease yourself cos of something...an imaginary creature for that matter.. wink
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by voskia: 9:34am On Mar 27, 2022
Uprightness100:
We as Humans need to understand some Foundational Principles of Life and in our relationship with GOD ALMIGHTY, our Creator.

THE WORD of GOD is UNCHANGEABLE.
Heaven and Earth will pass away, but the Word of GOD remains. GOD will not Change because of a Changing World.

EVERYONE of us WILL STAND before GOD on a " SOLO LEVEL" to RENDER ACCOUNT to GOD.
Husband and wife will not stand together,
Twins will not stand together,
Culture, religion, belief, technology, etc will not Matter. The Word of GOD is the Standard.

No Matter what happens to you , be the one to Obey the Word of GOD.
If your Hubby or wifey decides to walk away or goes to marry someone else. As one who Fears GOD, it's your cross to carry. You go to GOD in Prayers and seek his face for your partner to return. That is the Reason why you are advised to Earnestly seek GOD'S Face for HIS Choice before you enter into Marriage.

If he/she returns , Praise GOD! If he/she does not return, Praise GOD. Marriage is not a condition to make Heaven.

Obedience to GOD and HIS Word is what is Paramount.
According to GOD'S Word, Only Death Permits a Man/ woman to remarry.
this is not true.. I for once disagree with u here.. Christianity is not Islam, the most important factor is our relationship with the Lord Jesus..any other activities are basically religious.

1 Like

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by 4lashy(m): 9:35am On Mar 27, 2022
Accordin to the quite in paragraph five that "marriage is not a condition to make heaven" then, if one remarries after an initial unsuccessful marrige as stated by the OP, it does not have a direct bearing on one making heaven.
Uprightness100:
We as Humans need to understand some Foundational Principles of Life and in our relationship with GOD ALMIGHTY, our Creator.

Heaven and Earth will pass away, but the Word of GOD remains. GOD will not Change because of a Changing World.

EVERYONE of us WILL STAND before GOD on a " SOLO LEVEL" to RENDER ACCOUNT to GOD.
Culture, religion, belief, technology, etc will not Matter. The Word of GOD is the Standard.

If your Hubby or wifey decides to walk away or goes to marry someone else. As one who Fears GOD, it's your cross to carry. You go to GOD in Prayers and seek his face for your partner to return. That is the Reason why you are advised to Earnestly seek GOD'S Face for HIS Choice before you enter into Marriage.

If he/she returns , Praise GOD! If he/she does not return, Praise GOD. Marriage is not a condition to make Heaven.

1 Like

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Letzgo: 9:35am On Mar 27, 2022
Ammishaddai:
undecided

He's gonna love the stayee and hate the leavee . Simple.
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by tutudesz: 9:36am On Mar 27, 2022
Mharvis:
Hello Wonderful people of God,

So I was going through a topic on the front page yesterday about a wife telling her husband that she isn't interested in the marriage again but the husband didn't want divorce.

Now for the Christians among us, you and I know that God hates divorce. No need to start quoting many scriptures you're already aware of but what happens when one of the parties in the marriage isn't interested in the marriage again??

Just to add personal experiences,

1. My ex-colleague's husband walked out of her marriage of 5 years because she couldn't get pregnant, the husband put another woman in the family way and told her people to return the bride price he paid. Guess what? She's just 31.. What would you advise her to do as a Christian? Remain like that because God hates divorce? At 31 years??

2. My former co-worker in campus fellowship walked out of her marriage because she was tired of hardship. She returned to her village and left the husband in Lagos. The marriage was just 3 years. All efforts to reconcile them didn't work. Another mutual friend called me last month that her husband is remarried, why would he do that? God hates divorce and all that... I had to ask her on phone that man isn't up to 35 years from what I know, what would you expect him do as Hanty no gree come back

Share your thoughts people of God.
So what about Pastor's are Divorced
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by HRprof: 9:37am On Mar 27, 2022
Ammishaddai:
Bros , the conditions for divorce has been stipulated for in the bible and we dont need to debate this matter further .

See what the bible says in Matt 19:9 :

And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced commits adultery

From the bolded , it is clear that divorce is impossible and no matter the condition or circumstances, a man or woman is not permitted to have a divorce, and even if he should have a divorce, he/she cannot marry because that will be judged as adultery.

whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality there is a clause, Don't contradict yourself divorce is possible even with your bible qoutes. exception there means you can divorce if on a ground of sexual immorality.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Bluesearoll(m): 9:39am On Mar 27, 2022
Obviously the trend is not for people like you,why don't you stay in your Lane and allow people that actually understand the trend deliberate in peace.and stop constituting nuisance everywhere
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Ask Jesus.. undecided
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by FhucLyf: 9:39am On Mar 27, 2022
God hates divorce,
He doesn't hate the divorced.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by DropsMic(m): 9:39am On Mar 27, 2022
tutudesz:

The white who owns religion are busy divorcing themselves, while black man is busy hating everything

Because the blacks are not really good at logical or deductive reasoning... And it tells on our society
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:39am On Mar 27, 2022
Bluesearoll:
Obviously the trend is not for people like you,why don't you stay in your Lane and allow people that actually understand the trend deliberate in peace.and stop constituting nuisance everywhere
I have all right to comment as far as ain't breaking no rules.. undecided
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by DaddyFabooluz(m): 9:40am On Mar 27, 2022
This is why I stopped going to church because I noticed most people forming christianity and carry church for head don't even know anything about a true christian life.

Study the Bible yourself, know God yourself and it will be better for you.

If the Op knows the bible well, he or she won't use such statement as "God hates divorce"

2 Likes

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by JomasisTech: 9:41am On Mar 27, 2022
Ammishaddai:
Bros , the conditions for divorce has been stipulated for in the bible and we dont need to debate this matter further .

And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced commits adultery

From the bolded , it is clear that divorce is impossible and no matter the condition or circumstances, a man or woman is not permitted to have a divorce, and even if he should have a divorce, he/she cannot marry because that will be judged as adultery.
And the sin of adultery is forgivable, right?

1 Like

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Marimart: 9:42am On Mar 27, 2022
Uprightness100:

How about infidelity?
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by DryMouth: 9:42am On Mar 27, 2022
Bluesearoll:
Who is this fool?
She is not a fool bro.

Religion is jst something we know nothing abt in this part of the world.
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Marimart: 9:43am On Mar 27, 2022
Ammishaddai:

You didn't even explain it well
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Bluesearoll(m): 9:44am On Mar 27, 2022
You are talking about the house rules.why don't you respect the feeling of others and stay out of their business
FERNANDEZISBACK:

I have all right to comment as far as ain't breaking no rules.. undecided
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Jalobe(m): 9:44am On Mar 27, 2022
Uprightness100:

This is heresy. Stop it.
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 27, 2022
Find my way don’t linger don’t ask for cash just to strand …love needs to come with peace I can’t be your peace if you don’t have or seek for your own self.
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Uprightness100(m): 9:45am On Mar 27, 2022
Marimart:

How about infidelity?

If you Decide to Divorce your spouse , you are not Permitted to re- marry. That is the word of GOD. According to the Word of GOD, Only Death that Permits to remarry

1 Like

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Bluesearoll(m): 9:46am On Mar 27, 2022
What did that make her
DryMouth:

She is not a fool bro.

Religion is jst something we know nothing abt in this part of the world.
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by achorladey: 9:46am On Mar 27, 2022
Mharvis:
Hello Wonderful people of God,

So I was going through a topic on the front page yesterday about a wife telling her husband that she isn't interested in the marriage again but the husband didn't want divorce.

Now for the Christians among us, you and I know that God hates divorce. No need to start quoting many scriptures you're already aware of but what happens when one of the parties in the marriage isn't interested in the marriage again??

Just to add personal experiences,

1. My ex-colleague's husband walked out of her marriage of 5 years because she couldn't get pregnant, the husband put another woman in the family way and told her people to return the bride price he paid. Guess what? She's just 31.. What would you advise her to do as a Christian? Remain like that because God hates divorce? At 31 years??

2. My former co-worker in campus fellowship walked out of her marriage because she was tired of hardship. She returned to her village and left the husband in Lagos. The marriage was just 3 years. All efforts to reconcile them didn't work. Another mutual friend called me last month that her husband is remarried, why would he do that? God hates divorce and all that... I had to ask her on phone that man isn't up to 35 years from what I know, what would you expect him do as Hanty no gree come back

Share your thoughts people of God.

From the personal experiences you gave

Experience 1. The husband don end the marriage by putting another woman in the family way. That is adultery on the part of the husband. Were this to be the time of the Israelites, Na death penalty for the husband. The reason you see Paul state when one of the married couple dies, the other is free to remarry. The thing to do will be for the wife to remarry. That first marriage don crash.

My former co-worker in campus fellowship walked out of her marriage because she was tired of hardship. She returned to her village and left the husband in Lagos. The marriage was just 3 years. All efforts to reconcile them didn't work. Another mutual friend called me last month that her husband is remarried, why would he do that? God hates divorce and all that... I had to ask her on phone that man isn't up to 35 years from what I know, what would you expect him do as Hanty no gree come back

In this case too the man don end his marriage to Hanty by getting married to another person. God hate divorce and God hate violence. Will God stay or remain in marriage filled with violence?

Whatever the case is, each go carry im own load.
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by lewis33(m): 9:47am On Mar 27, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
What's your God business with how human want to live?
This is marriage... undecided
You should never displease your peace of mind cos of an imaginary creature..

If your marriage life ain't stable and yve tried all you could...why not divorce instead of enduring just to please something.. undecided
IGNORAMUS!

1 Like

Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by DaInferno(m): 9:47am On Mar 27, 2022
Omooo... am definitely coming back to this topic
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Freeeanijor: 9:48am On Mar 27, 2022
silibaba:

If adultery was involved divorce can come in play but can't remarry. That is the law. But Christians respect only tithe law and ignore the weightier laws.
But we are not under the law. Christ abolished the law, so we're free from the law and the curse the law brings. Moreover, the law was made only for the isrealites.
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by Marimart: 9:49am On Mar 27, 2022
Mrsoft3:

You see from scriptures we didn't see anybody who divorced and re married, this has made it hard for us Christians to comment on issues as this.

But I strongly want to believe what is not of God will never stand
How about Micah ,king David's wife?
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by DryMouth: 9:50am On Mar 27, 2022
Bluesearoll:
What did that make her
The bible law on divorce is pragmatically wrong.
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by lewis33(m): 9:51am On Mar 27, 2022
MUMU
Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by tutudesz: 9:55am On Mar 27, 2022
SwissMass:
Pastors are not Jesus Christ, anybody can use any title he likes, even christian is must abused word that never meant what people think, going to church doesn't in any way make you a Christian
So why should such person's tell us what to hate and like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

On the Supernatural & Juju (Black Magic) / Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? / My Journey Into heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.