Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,664 members, 7,813,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. (25447 Views)

Police Invitation; What Could Go Wrong At The Police Station? / Disciplining Your Child Without Hitting And Yelling / Should Your Children Call You By Your First Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by armyofone(m): 9:36pm On Mar 31, 2022
KanwuliaBaby:

Absolutely correct.
If you must send them to Nigeria, send them early o!

Any child above 13? Toooooo late!
The already know to find their way to ANY US CONSULATE if they are ever removed from the US. Things have changed o. They give them TOLL FREE numbers to call if they are outside the US. The US WILL FLY GHEM BACK AND BILL YOU WITH INTEREST!

Don’t mess with this messed up welfare system. Hmmm!

You will now add KIDNAPPING charges to your wahala.

You better send them before they involve the police o.

Once you get involved with THE SYSTEM and you have open cases with the social workers or courts. GAME OVER!

You CANNOT take the children OUT OF THE US without notifying the AUTHS!

You will be charged with KIDNAPPING! More wahala for you.

The USA flying them back and bill the parents with interest and other expenses is so true. I have heard that one grin grin

1 Like

Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by armyofone(m): 9:42pm On Mar 31, 2022
KanwuliaBaby:

Na crime to be erratic? grin

You mean I am fun and entertaining? wink
I don’t want them to respect or listen to me o! Free world. They will learn the harrrrrrd way. I nor get criminal or psych record abi? kiss
You tink say na Africa we dey?
If you think you are mad, this is the place for you. OYINBO go show you PEPPER. grin

It is called SWWWWWWAG ! cool

My kids got swag like me o. We are having a very interesting life. Don’t be deceived.
I like it o. That means NO ONE WILL EVER MESS WITH THEM!✅

You see this my baby ehn?
SHE CAN SURVIVE ANY JAIL!
GITMO included!
Area GIRL SUPREMO!!! grin
Chip off da ol blockus!

Don’t let her looks deceive ya!

FIRST CLASS CRIMINAL!!!!✅

Hahaha!!! grin grin @ survive jail grin
Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by ReportHateCrime: 3:59pm On Apr 03, 2022
Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by ReportHateCrime: 4:18pm On Apr 03, 2022
nuelleoz:

My mom once tied me and almost threw me in a well, thank God for neighbours intervention, another time she broke my head for bringing the wrong bucket, of which I still have the scars, on numerous time I was bitten as in bite with teeth mercilessly, my head smashed on the wall and ground, knives hurled at me, I ran away from home 5 times, 80% of all scars on me was from my experience as child and a whole lot more of other stuffs done I still carry in my heart till date which has strained our relationship .

I feel your pain.

You need to release some of this pain and a way to do so may be to write a letter to your mum expressing how you felt about the beatings and ensure she reads it when you are not present so that she can reflect on its contents and after delivering the letter, give her some space for a little while and you will see that next time you see her you will not feel so much pain again.
Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by ReportHateCrime: 4:47pm On Apr 03, 2022
hustla:

Exactly what my friend's mom did

packaged the boy back to naija for like 4 years

In brain don correct now grin

Most times sending a wayward teenager back to Africa to school will make the child change for the better but one has to be careful as to the child's health in a land that is foreign to him or her. A Female Ghanaian neighbor in London sent her well behaved boy to her husbands country Jamaica to school and the boy ended up coming back to London disabled as he had an asthma attack in Jamaica which got out of hand and damaged his brain.

As for me, the stakes are just way too high and every one of my children will always live in the same house I live in daily 'cos that way I can study them at the end of every school day and render help / correction to them daily especially in today's world fill with sordid and dangerous social media content.

As they are being fed junk by today's world on a daily basis, I must be able to correct them and point them in the right direction also on a daily basis and when you factor what happens in today's boarding houses into the equation, then boarding schools are not for my kids.

For me, parenting is a daily hands on job and will never be remote.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by ReportHateCrime: 5:49pm On Apr 03, 2022
KanwuliaBaby:

I watch some parents become the children in some homes, and the children become the parents.

In the UK most parents are scared to tell their children the bitter truth or correct them and you see a lot of parents tolerating barefaced rubbish from their children in the name of trying to be their friends.

Imagine a Nigerian woman in the UK whose husband lives in Naija allowing her 19 year old daughters boyfriend to live with them in the same room with her daughter !!!!!!! Haba

And this is a woman who grew up in Nigeria and is over 50 years old. Her excuse is that she does not want the daughter to move out of the House.

The way some women in the UK pamper and pander to their daughters every whim and stupidness, you would think the woman and her daughter are in a cult.

Some parents in the West fail to realize that a parent is called to be a protector, guide, nurturer and correcter of their child and not their best friend.

Even the Bible says in Proverbs 13:24 (AMPC) that He who spares his rod [of discipline] hates his son, but he who loves him disciplines diligently and punishes him early.

It also says in Proverbs 22:15 (AMPC) that Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of discipline will drive it far from him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by hustla(m): 6:05pm On Apr 03, 2022
ReportHateCrime:

Most times sending a wayward teenager back to Africa to school will make the child change for the better but one has to be careful as to the child's health in a land that is foreign to him or her. A Female Ghanaian neighbor in London sent her well behaved boy to her husbands country Jamaica to school and the boy ended up coming back to London disabled as he had an asthma attack in Jamaica which got out of hand and damaged his brain.

As for me, the stakes are just way too high and every one of my children will always live in the same house I live in daily 'cos that way I can study them at the end of every school day and render help / correction to them daily especially in today's world fill with sordid and dangerous social media content.

OK
Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by KanwuliaExtra: 1:11pm On Apr 20, 2022
Okaaaaaaaaaay!
I finally got to see the disgusting video of AWON CHRIST-LAND pre-teen POOOORRRRN-STARS!
This happened in DUBAI? ? ? ?

I don DIE!!!!!!
So Nigeria don reach this level?

Abeg! Make my pikins and grand-pikins dem rotten for US hia.

Having children in this day and age ehn? A BIG RISK!

Tufiaaaaaaakwa!!!!! cheesy

6 Likes

Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by ireneidiva(f): 4:18pm On Apr 20, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:
Okaaaaaaaaaay!
I finally got to see the disgusting video of AWON CHRIST-LAND pre-teen POOOORRRRN-STARS!
This happened in DUBAI? ? ? ?

I don DIE!!!!!!
So Nigeria don reach this level?

Abeg! Make my pikins and grand-pikins dem rotten for US hia.

Having children in this day and age ehn? A BIG RISK!

Tufiaaaaaaakwa!!!!! cheesy
That video was terrible! And people kept sharing it. This generation is ....
Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by KanwuliaExtra: 1:34am On Apr 21, 2022
ireneidiva:

That video was terrible! And people kept sharing it. This generation is ....

It was heart-breaking ON ALL LEVELS OF HUMANITY.

I do not understand this world we live in any more.

People NEED to SHARE IT!✅
Because Nigerians/Africans are very quick to condemn other countries and cultures with all that holier-than-thou attitude raising children. Naija 10-year olds dey act demonic porrrn. cry

Here I am complaining about 10 year old having BJ competitions behind school buses over here.

Then these misguided children of HEATHENS have done the WORST of it all!

WALAHI!!! That school should be closed down.

As for the parents of those children? They are only reaping what they have sowed. Karma!

What you go to other children will come back to your own children of course.

What a GODLESS SOCIETY!
Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by mysticwarrior(m): 10:21am On Apr 21, 2022
My cousin who lives in new York has a 16 year old son, he was was heavily disturbed when the son started moving with black American thugs, he caution and warned the boy seriously but the young man was adamant, he even told his sister that he wanted to be a gangster.

The father decided to disciplined him in a proper Nigerian way and in the process the boy called the police, when the police arrived at their doorstep the father asked the boy to open the door for them, at that very moment the mother of the boy held her two breast and told the boy in a Nigerian local dialect that, she was going to place an irrevocable curse on him if he the father is taken away by the cops.

The boy had to tell the cops that he was only having a verbal argument with his dad and they are OK now, he even went on to hug and kiss his dad in the present of the cops and called him the best dad in the world, that was how the police left.

The boy was later sent to Nigeria to live in warri, and was grinded in the Nigerian way, he begged his parents for forgiveness and after a year he was allowed to go back to the US.

2 Likes

Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 01, 2022
Irony is that your mum probably learnt that abusive behaviour from being abused herself by her parents and believes that is how parents raise children.
nuelleoz:

Gob bless you for this.

I grew up being a victim of extreme domestic violence. It took me years of self rehabilitation to be able to prevent myself from transmitting passive aggression to others. Till now I still feel the psychological and emotional effects when I think of what I went through as a child and the funny part is my family is unapologetic about it, and till this present moment I find it difficult forgiving them, I have no fear of them, I have no respect for them, Infact I nor send them at all, and never want them to be around me.

My mom once tied me and almost threw me in a well, thank God for neighbours intervention, another time she broke my head for bringing the wrong bucket, of which I still have the scars, on numerous time I was bitten as in bite with teeth mercilessly, my head smashed on the wall and ground, knives hurled at me, I ran away from home 5 times, 80% of all scars on me was from my experience as child and a whole lot more of other stuffs done I still carry in my heart till date which has strained our relationship.

I stand against domestic violence any day and any time. I wish we had institutions set up for the purpose of bringing justice to the victimized children.
Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 01, 2022
The irony is when the system succeed in breaking up your marriage and the father moves out, it then turns attention to the single parent household and they then start plotting to take your children from her and put them up for adoption or government/ foster care homes which is a den of drug abuse , sexual abuse, prostitution and crime that often ruin the children and their future beyond redemption. Many children die and parents never get to know their children's fate. This is the dark side of living in the abroad. System targets the destruction of the black family. Homeschooling is a real option in protecting your children especially if you are a single parent.
ThamesWater:

This is very common in London where the kids are used as pawns / weapons against their Dad who eventually has no choice but to move out of the house for his own sanity or to prevent himself from going to prison for disciplining his own child in a situation where wife and kids gang up against husband/father to get him out of the house any which way they can so that the woman can claim generous single parent cash from the government and the kids can do as they wish in the house with no correction.

A lot of times, the generous single parent cash benefits that is given to single mothers in the UK (which is the single parent capital of Europe) has blinded some of these so called single mothers to the long term dangers of raising children in a home where there is no father figure.

One such Nigerian boy aged 23 stabbed his mum do death in London in 2013 and is currently serving life in prison.

A similar case happened in Detroit USA in 2012 when a 14 year old boy shoots his mother dead as she slept after she tried to keep him away from joining a gang or hang with the 'big boys'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-33204248

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2107504/Joshua-Smith-14-shoots-mother-Tamiko-Robinson-death-slept.html
Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 01, 2022
The key to get the younger kids shipped first put them in your beautiful home whether rented or not and filming them doing cool activities and get the younger ones to sell the "holiday" to the older or just let them know the truth . Wanting to go to Nigeria to enjoy with the younger siblings could help convince the older ones to follow them after some days or weeks. You may have to resort to blackmail as a last resort if nothing seems to be convincing the older children e.g. "Either you go Nigeria and enjoy with your younger siblings or we kick out of our home and you can live in foster care / or children's home.
KanwuliaBaby:

Absolutely correct.
If you must send them to Nigeria, send them early o!

Any child above 13? Toooooo late!
The already know to find their way to ANY US CONSULATE if they are ever removed from the US. Things have changed o. They give them TOLL FREE numbers to call if they are outside the US. The US WILL FLY GHEM BACK AND BILL YOU WITH INTEREST!

Don’t mess with this messed up welfare system. Hmmm!

You will now add KIDNAPPING charges to your wahala.

You better send them before they involve the police o.

Once you get involved with THE SYSTEM and you have open cases with the social workers or courts. GAME OVER!

You CANNOT take the children OUT OF THE US without notifying the AUTHS!

You will be charged with KIDNAPPING! More wahala for you.
Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by KanwuliaBaby: 11:30pm On Sep 07, 2022
mysticwarrior:
My cousin who lives in new York has a 16 year old son, he was was heavily disturbed when the son started moving with black American thugs, he caution and warned the boy seriously but the young man was adamant, he even told his sister that he wanted to be a gangster.

The father decided to disciplined him in a proper Nigerian way and in the process the boy called the police, when the police arrived at their doorstep the father asked the boy to open the door for them, at that very moment the mother of the boy held her two breast and told the boy in a Nigerian local dialect that, she was going to place an irrevocable curse on him if he the father is taken away by the cops.

The boy had to tell the cops that he was only having a verbal argument with his dad and they are OK now, he even went on to hug and kiss his dad in the present of the cops and called him the best dad in the world, that was how the police left.

The boy was later sent to Nigeria to live in warri, and was grinded in the Nigerian way, he begged his parents for forgiveness and after a year he was allowed to go back to the US.

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by emmyileri(m): 6:13pm On Oct 31, 2022
Shokoloko:
The typical African parent is a bully. Children are beaten and tortured for no reason.
Children are beaten up for not understanding her schoolwork, Children are beaten up for getting sexually molested, Children are beaten up for crying from the previous beaten, Children are beaten up for not answering quickly enough, Children are beaten up for daring to have a different point of view.

In your example, how can a man and wife (two people) hit, tackle to the ground and beat the crap out of a 15 year old. Like 2 people to one person? Even if she was an adult and not their daughter, two people to one is an unfair situation.

What Nigerians and Africans refuse to learn is that violence destroys a country. See how all the violent countries are experiencing reduced GDP compared to those that are not. Africans will continue to create and breed monsters.

It will be very easy for a 15 year boy to rape and beat up a 6 year old child because he has been beaten to the point of trauma he feels its not a big deal, his mother's has beaten the house help to stupor, and his father has beaten his mother to stupor so violence is a part of life.
Daily killings and violence in Europe and America is ten times that seen in Africa. Spare the rod, destroy the child
Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by Shokoloko(f): 6:17pm On Oct 31, 2022
emmyileri:

Daily killings and violence in Europe and America is ten times that seen in Africa. Spare the rod, destroy the child

1. Daily killings and violence in Europe and America is ten times that seen in Africa - Where is your source?

2. "The ROD and the staff, they COMFORT me". - The rod brings COMFORT not pain. I have read a few of your posts, you seem to be christian - go and read up how many times Kenneth Hagin or Benny Hinn or any of the great generals of God smacked their kid(s).
Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by emmyileri(m): 6:30pm On Oct 31, 2022
Shokoloko:

1. Daily killings and violence in Europe and America is ten times that seen in Africa - Where is your source?

2. "The ROD and the staff, they COMFORT me". - The rod brings COMFORT not pain. I have read a few of your posts, you seem to be christian - go and read up how many times Kenneth Hagin or Benny Hinn or any of the great generals of God smacked their kid(s).

1. My source : Are the friends who live there. I'm sure you know not every of these events is on news. A child of 15 killing tens in primary school, and high schools with high caliber guns used in war. You don't have that in Africa.
Kenneth hagins and Co (They) won't tell you when they did that. But I'm sure they live by the principles of the scripture NIV:Folly is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of discipline will drive it far away.. Proverbs 22:15
Rod of discipline is two 1. The word, 2. The cane
I'm also a teacher by profession, a well trained teacher.

They disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, in order that we may share in his holiness.
NIV:No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace.. Hebrews 12:10-11
Have you seen where a shepherd leads his sheep. If you have you will see how he uses his rod to bring about obedience in his sheep.
Am I using cane to abuse or destroy my child? NO. the purpose is to trained him for value both now and future. I was trained by it and it works

The word rod indicates a thin stick or switch that can be used to give a small amount of physical pain with no lasting physical injury.Physical discipline is always done in love, never as a vent to the parent’s frustration. It is also just one part of discipline and should be used when the child shows defiance to a clear limit, not in the heat of the moment.... NIV:A rod and a reprimand impart wisdom, but a child left undisciplined disgraces its mother. Prov 29:15
It's on this uncorrupted principle I stand on as a parent.
Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by Musty112: 8:33pm On Oct 31, 2022
AliseKazah:
WITH ALL THE DISCIPLINE, NIGERIA IS STILL A MURDEROUS SHITHOLE.

ABUSED CHILDREN = ABUSIVE ADULTS
UNABUSED CHILDREN NKO = MASS MURDERERS WHO GO INTO MALLS TO SHOOT PEOPLE RANDOMLY JUST BECAUSE THEY CAN'T FIND MUMMY'S TIT FOR A SECOND
Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by Shokoloko(f): 8:41pm On Oct 31, 2022
emmyileri:

1. My source : Are the friends who live there. I'm sure you know not every of these events is on news. A child of 15 killing tens in primary school, and high schools with high caliber guns used in war. You don't have that in Africa.
Kenneth hagins and Co (They) won't tell you when they did that. But I'm sure they live by the principles of the scripture NIV:Folly is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of discipline will drive it far away.. Proverbs 22:15
Rod of discipline is two 1. The word, 2. The cane
I'm also a teacher by profession, a well trained teacher.

They disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, in order that we may share in his holiness.
NIV:No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace.. Hebrews 12:10-11
Have you seen where a shepherd leads his sheep. If you have you will see how he uses his rod to bring about obedience in his sheep.
Am I using cane to abuse or destroy my child? NO. the purpose is to trained him for value both now and future. I was trained by it and it works

The word rod indicates a thin stick or switch that can be used to give a small amount of physical pain with no lasting physical injury.Physical discipline is always done in love, never as a vent to the parent’s frustration. It is also just one part of discipline and should be used when the child shows defiance to a clear limit, not in the heat of the moment.... NIV:A rod and a reprimand impart wisdom, but a child left undisciplined disgraces its mother. Prov 29:15
It's on this uncorrupted principle I stand on as a parent.

1. See the photo of what a shepherd's rod looks like. Have you watched a shepherd guide his sheep. There are many sheep farms here. A shepherd never ever strikes his sheep.

2. Hearsay is not a good enough source. My time is spent between Canada and the US. If the rate of killing was 10 times the death toll in Nigeria, I would know. You cannot compare secondary school and university cultism in Nigeria to what is happening here. Over here, Youths stand up for pregnant women, elderly people, disabled people. How many Nigerian youths will willingly give up their seats on the bus for these people. I have never ever locked my car since I bought it - Can I try that in Nigeria with Nigerian youths? I'm jogging and running at 2am here. In Nigeria I would lock my house at 10pm. And it is only since November 2021 that I started making sure that I lock my home doors. Up till yesterday doordash, ubereats will drop your food at your door and nobody will take it.
The only error the youths here have is those sins that Nigerian youths do in secret, they will do it in the open if they commit those type of sins.
I have verified sources (see screenshots) that state that 10,000 people were killed in a span of 10 years - the paper points at the youths as being the culprits - the same paper says 90% of killings are not recorded. What do you think that means, it means that in 10 years, the death of 900,000 people from cult activities spearheaded by youths was not reported. Please do not compare youth related violence in Nigeria and the US

3. Never ever in the bible was disciplining equated to striking. When the bible wanted to describe striking a rock, the bible never wrote "Moses did not spare the rod on the rock". The phrase used in the bible was "strike the rock with the rod" Disciplining is not equal to striking. If you live here in North America, and your child hits anyone, the school will know that the child learnt it from you, the parent and you will go for anger management classes

Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by emmyileri(m): 7:38am On Nov 01, 2022
Shokoloko:

1. See the photo of what a shepherd's rod looks like. Have you watched a shepherd guide his sheep. There are many sheep farms here. A shepherd never ever strikes his sheep.

2. Hearsay is not a good enough source. My time is spent between Canada and the US. If the rate of killing was 10 times the death toll in Nigeria, I would know. You cannot compare secondary school and university cultism in Nigeria to what is happening here. Over here, Youths stand up for pregnant women, elderly people, disabled people. How many Nigerian youths will willingly give up their seats on the bus for these people. I have never ever locked my car since I bought it - Can I try that in Nigeria with Nigerian youths? I'm jogging and running at 2am here. In Nigeria I would lock my house at 10pm. And it is only since November 2021 that I started making sure that I lock my home doors. Up till yesterday doordash, ubereats will drop your food at your door and nobody will take it.
The only error the youths here have is those sins that Nigerian youths do in secret, they will do it in the open if they commit those type of sins.
I have verified sources (see screenshots) that state that 10,000 people were killed in a span of 10 years - the paper points at the youths as being the culprits - the same paper says 90% of killings are not recorded. What do you think that means, it means that in 10 years, the death of 900,000 people from cult activities spearheaded by youths was not reported. Please do not compare youth related violence in Nigeria and the US

3. Never ever in the bible was disciplining equated to striking. When the bible wanted to describe striking a rock, the bible never wrote "Moses did not spare the rod on the rock". The phrase used in the bible was "strike the rock with the rod" Disciplining is not equal to striking. If you live here in North America, and your child hits anyone, the school will know that the child learnt it from you, the parent and you will go for anger management classes
I read so many of your comments here and suddenly you turn to preacher. searching the internet to support your misguided believe. Every comments I made here is biblically proven and verified. My account of discipline is a typical of a Christian home not just any home. I'm from a family of 11,I'm the 11th. Not a single one of us have a bad account of troubling our parents in any way because we were disciplined in the Christian way.You stick to what you believe and I will stick to mine. Good luck on your method of training your children, your comments so far on this platform as truly shown "how much your method of training is really working" on your children."
Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by Shokoloko(f): 2:15pm On Nov 01, 2022
emmyileri:

I read so many of your comments here and suddenly you turn to preacher. searching the internet to support your misguided believe. Every comments I made here is biblically proven and verified. My account of discipline is a typical of a Christian home not just any home. I'm from a family of 11,I'm the 11th. Not a single one of us have a bad account of troubling our parents in any way because we were disciplined in the Christian way.You stick to what you believe and I will stick to mine. Good luck on your method of training your children, your comments so far on this platform as truly shown "how much your method of training is really working" on your children."

I only began talking to you because you mentioned me. I stuck to my beliefs but you decided to question it by mentioning me. Do you know you can express your opinion without mentioning anyone.

However it is obvious that you are pained because your source was gossip but mine was verifiable. Bro, you do not need to respond to this or mention me. The day just begun. Let sleeping dogs lie.
Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by nairamaniac: 6:02pm On Dec 21, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:
In the West, it is a whole different story. You hear of parents being arrested for hitting their minor children for misbehaving.

How will you handle the incident?

True story of a Nigerian family in my neighborhood.

Case scenario: A mother hits her 15 y/o child and she tackles her down to the floor like a heavy-weight champion. Daddy intervenes and beats the crap out of the 15 y/o daughter.

Daughter calls police and have parents arrested. Father is charged with child-battery and BANNED from coming to the house till the daughter leaves the house at 18 years old.

Fast forward: Daughter is now 20 years old and lives alone with no contact with her parents. When she graduated from high school, her parents did not attend! They practically disowned her and gave her to the state to take care of.
I don't support spoilt behaviours from kids, but the parents messed up here, knowing the rules in the country they are.

They should have obeyed the Law by not touching the child.
Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by KanwuliaExtra: 7:25pm On Dec 21, 2022
nairamaniac:
I don't support spoilt behaviours from kids, but the parents messed up here, knowing the rules in the country they are.

They should have obeyed the Law by not touching the child.

Absolutely.
All na lesson abi?
Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by nairamaniac: 7:30pm On Dec 21, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

Absolutely.
All na lesson abi?

Honestly I'm the absense of physical-punishment on a child a parent should utilize psychological-punishments.

Psychological punishments is more tedious on the parents though.
Takes more time and efforts.

That's the truth. But can be effective if you are truly ready for the rigours of marriage and putting your family together.
Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by KanwuliaExtra: 7:34pm On Dec 21, 2022
nairamaniac:

Honestly I'm the absense of physical-punishment on a child a parent should utilize psychological-punishments.

Psychological punishments is more tedious on the parents though.
Takes more time and efforts.

That's the truth. But can be effective if you are truly ready for the rigours of marriage and putting your family together.

As a Nigerian parent. . . it is hard o.
These children will TEST YOU!
They will push you off the cliff.

School assignments, dem nor go do.
Baff, for whia.
They can lieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee? shocked
Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by nairamaniac: 8:14pm On Dec 21, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

As a Nigerian parent. . . it is hard o.
These children will TEST YOU!
They will push you off the cliff.

School assignments, dem nor go do.
Baff, for whia.
They can lieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee? shocked
The less excited a home is, the more deciplied the kids are.
Ever wondered why kids from jehovas witness homes are most times very quiet and deciplined?

Though theirs may be extreme.

Keep the home smart, dull, happy and quiet most times, you would breed more mentally-attentive kids.

1 Like

Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by KanwuliaExtra: 10:01pm On Dec 21, 2022
nairamaniac:
The less excited a home is, the more deciplied the kids are.
Ever wondered why kids from jehovas witness homes are most times very quiet and deciplined?

Though theirs may be extreme.

Keep the home smart, dull, happy and quiet most times, you would breed more mentally-attentive kids.

Some parents

That JW and religious remote-control stuff? I will not ever subscribe to. I want the children to develop without any kind of unnecessary indoctrination that is OCCULTIC AT BEST.
The kinds of children out there now, will make you wish you were childless. That way your own children do NOT encounter the kinds of 'fast lane' children the mix with in schools. The GIRLS ESPECIALLY ARE FASTER THAN THEIR GRANDMOTHERS. The kinds of things the SAY and DO? shocked

Just make the mistake of going through their phones or laptops? Or email messages? shocked You will be SHOCKED! THE GIRLS ARE WORSE THAN THE BOYS.

You can do all you want, but some children are just tooooo hormonal.
All you can do is avoid that temptation to hit them, keep educating and loving them. . .and PRAY THAT PHASE PASSES WITHOUT CONSEQUENCES OF DRUG ADDICTION OR UNHEALTHY SOCIALIZATION AND HYPER-SEXUAL EXPERIMENTATION WITH PEERS.

Just keep praying and keeping them engaged with after school activities. The phase passes for most.

1 Like

Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by being(m): 1:45am On Dec 22, 2022
And this no striking with cane, always pampering is the reason for lack of self control that americans have.. when it comes things like drugs & unhinged violence etc
NOTE that d low level stealing u talk about in Nigeria is due to the economy-- many won't if they had a livelihood.
Shokoloko:

Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by being(m): 1:47am On Dec 22, 2022
Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by nairamaniac: 8:40am On Dec 22, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

That JW and religious remote-control stuff? I will not ever subscribe to. I want the children to develop without any kind of unnecessary indoctrination that is OCCULTIC AT BEST.
The kinds of children out there now, will make you wish you were childless. That way your own children do NOT encounter the kinds of 'fast lane' children the mix with in schools. The GIRLS ESPECIALLY ARE FASTER THAN THEIR GRANDMOTHERS. The kinds of things the SAY and DO? shocked

Just make the mistake of going through their phones or laptops? Or email messages? shocked You will be SHOCKED! THE GIRLS ARE WORSE THAN THE BOYS.

You can do all you want, but some children are just tooooo hormonal.
All you can do is avoid that temptation to hit them, keep educating and loving them. . .and PRAY THAT PHASE PASSES WITHOUT CONSEQUENCES OF DRUG ADDICTION OR UNHEALTHY SOCIALIZATION AND HYPER-SEXUAL EXPERIMENTATION WITH PEERS.

Just keep praying and keeping them engaged with after school activities. The phase passes for most.
well I would learn all these from you and add to parts of my phylosophies. I believe in God sooo much, but I also want to be more directly/physically involved in the scheme of things around me.
Even though I know my might is nothing compared to Godswill.

About Jehova witness; I don't know much about there core doctrines, cos I am not one of them. But I don't think there is any atom of occult in it.

On the other hand i have coincidentally gotten close to some of them and some of their entirely families.

I must tell you, those guys raise some of the most deciplined kids&families out there.

Their 8year old kids are as matured and enlightened as most adults.

They more look dull and socially inept, but dont let that deceive you.

They become smart in any area of life you throw them into, including the most socially-demanding-areas of life.

Beyonce, the Wayans brothers, the Michael Jackson family.

All these families were brought up under the dull&strict atmosphere of the jehover witness. Yet, see how they developed in the crazy,wild,loud world.

I'm not aspiring to be one, but all I picked from them is that you don't have to develop a phobia that if you bring up your child under such family environment, he may become socially-deranged. He wouldn't.

You need to know that the best ways to get kids socially-active is by training them on various-social departments of life.
But I'm sure you believe the best way a child should develop his social capabilities is by FREEHAND. It should be directly developed&monitored by parents and other institutions.

Notwithstanding, God is greater than anything we can do by ourselves.

1 Like

Re: When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. by nnamdiosu(m): 9:19am On Mar 22, 2023
You see ehn,I'll be very frank.

The truth is raising kids is just by the grace and mercy of God.
Ever wondered why pastors children, especially the girl children are very very wayward? Meanwhile the same pastor helps to guild other people's children.

There are good and moral kids that grew from the slums and trenches.

There are wayward kids that grew up in rich advantages homes.

My point is despite all that will be said and gone, parents need to do serious prayers for their kids. Because every year, the next generation of kids are getting wiser, badder and exposed, thanks to technology.

It's true that there is a thin line between discipline and abuse. But the truth is you can't take away the discipline factor as a good modeling pathway for kids.
BUT THE TRUTH IS, DISCIPLINE IS RELATIVE.
DISCIPLINE CSN HAVE VARIOUS FAUCETS BASED ON THE GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION.

if your child likes playing with the house pet and you remove that previledge from him as corrective measures, that's discipline. But in Nigeria, telling a child that , I won't let you play with bingo is a joke to the child. grin
He or she will just be saying who bingo help? grin

But undeniably, a key factor to raising moral kids is bonding with them very early. Parents go out early and come back late (not their fault off course, they have to fend for the family)

In that time, your kids are growing up without you around and it has its effects.

My summary is this
1. The prayer factor is crucial
2. A child that will spoil will spoil regardless of what you do. See, I have an example of two brothers, grown together, same up bringing, (in fact the elder was shown more love as the first born male), same School, same environment, same church, same home.
Eldest grew up as a rebel, younger grew up calm and moral.
3. Environment matters a lot. You can have aje kids but when they mix with unruly kids, they bring back bad words and character to the nest.
4. Type of school is very important .

May God help us parents. It's not easy.
I have a belief. I'd a parent comes to this world and achieves nothing significant, no achievement, but raises up moral kids that have the fear of God, you've done better than any successful or rich person. The greatest job in life is to be a parent.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Man Seek Divorce From Wife Because She Has Lost Her Beauty And Figure / As A Man 5 important Reasons Why you Should Reconsider Marriage / My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.