Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,228 members, 7,815,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? (19002 Views)

Woman Who Slept With Male Best Friend Following Quarrel With Husband, Seeks Help / Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? / My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by everythinggirly(f): 8:44pm On Mar 29, 2022
Real matters!!!
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by Bbbw: 9:08pm On Mar 29, 2022
Coz of poverty and economic situation in nigeria
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by Noble1010: 9:45pm On Mar 29, 2022
Black mentality grin
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by 234GT(m): 10:16pm On Mar 29, 2022
Idaytesj29:

But you were his legacy and you will continue his bloodline if you are a male child.

Whether or not I continue his bloodline, he is not aware once he is dead.

And what happens if the male children can't father kids.
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by Kelvin3476: 10:34pm On Mar 29, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Daddy Linda is thanking his stars. That pero or what is his name would probably have been doing low level yahoo yahoo.

Na linda carry the whole family and lineage
WHO IS LINDA ? WHO IS PERO ? WITHOUT LINDA'S DAD WHO IS LINDA TO START CARRYING THE LINEAGE ? WHO LINEAGE WILL SHE BE CARRYING LINEAGE ? NA HOW SHE GO TAKE COME OUT TO TALK OF CARRYING LINEAGE ?
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by Idaytesj29(m): 10:44pm On Mar 29, 2022
234GT:

Whether or not I continue his bloodline, he is not aware once he is dead.

And what happens if the male children can't father kids.

He will bear the lineage for his own lifetime at least.
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by E2000: 12:45am On Mar 30, 2022
It logical. Male children offer more advantages than Female children.

1 Like

Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by Verysmart101: 5:52am On Mar 30, 2022
Spherical77:
family name that has no benefit or open door to even the rightful owner of the name?

Madam if Davids lineage didn't produce male children would it have continued to giving birth to Jesus? Oga park well biko

2 Likes

Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by dayabiuuku: 6:44am On Mar 30, 2022
Just study the ovulation period of your wife and fxck her very well during that time

Romance and sxck her clit before penetration

Ensure the releases/cxm first before you release.

Many don't know this that's why they will be packing girls, girls everyday

Buts despite the above it's still 50/50 Sha put God above all

And also both boy and girl, all are babies. It's God that knows what they will grow to become!
Boys too grow to become thieves and criminals. And a girl can grow to become a business woman or a philanthropist like ALAKIJA OR OKONJO IWEALA

#itiswell!
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by vickydevoka(m): 6:48am On Mar 30, 2022
jmoore:
The true picture is that the average Nigerian wants both gender. It is not all about looking for male.

We are 5 boys and 2 girls(twins).
My parents kept looking for a female child till the twins came.
Same with mine.
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by vickydevoka(m): 6:49am On Mar 30, 2022
Oyindamolah:
The most important thing is to preserve the family's name and if a girl child can't do it... Oga no go rest o... Male child has a lot of responsibility lying on their shoulders even before they were born (either with silver spoon or not)...Some female child is worth more than 10 male children put together. I have heard some women say theu prefer having a male child more than having a female child
Leave worth n give reason. Worth is individual thing
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by oshaosha2014(m): 6:50am On Mar 30, 2022
Do people still have their preference in this modern day I don't think they should according to you.

Mofun:

Very well, Sir.
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by oshaosha2014(m): 6:54am On Mar 30, 2022
Nothing wrong with having females except we are in a war zone. But I respect your preference.

Kellzzyy:
I pray to have three kids. All males.
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by oshaosha2014(m): 6:59am On Mar 30, 2022
What is they said they want only females will you be this angry or insult them this way. Answer I want to check something.

Nauttyprof:
Nigerians with old mentality. I wonder when they are gone, will they still know what happens afterwards with the children?

Their claim is always about continuity in lineage which does not make any sense.
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by oshaosha2014(m): 7:02am On Mar 30, 2022
Is there anything wrong with that? Even families that prefer males but have only females don't maltreat their females because of that. They are still empowered, sent to whatever level of education they wish to attain. So I don't see why people hit their head on the ground because someone says he prefers males.

judedwriter:
To continue with the family's name...it's like a do or die affair for many families.

Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by oshaosha2014(m): 7:04am On Mar 30, 2022
Even this family lineage you people want to continue you are still going to need females for your sons. Every gender dey important for this matter oh.

wiseoneking:
Blood line? Ok
But for issue of caregiver in the UK doesn't come into this. There is no relationship between having a male son and caregiver in any where in the world. Record even show that female folks do care for their parents more than their male folks. Bringing Ukraine here is quite odd.

It is our culture and is to retain the family lineage. Just a matter of decades, it will change as it is in Western world. From Clinton, Bush, Obama, all never had a male son and they don't give a damn

1 Like

Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by oshaosha2014(m): 7:05am On Mar 30, 2022
Your males will need females for that to continue right?

valentineuwakwe:
our culture made it so....in other cultures, they value any gender, so long its a child. so as nigerians, we have deem it fit to have a continuity of our generations through the male offspring.
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:08am On Mar 30, 2022
oshaosha2014:
Nothing wrong with having females except we are in a war zone. But I respect your preference.

Thank you.
Three strong, intelligent, smart, alpha males. smiley

1 Like

Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by Nauttyprof(m): 7:12am On Mar 30, 2022
oshaosha2014:
What is they said they want only females will you be this angry or insult them this way. Answer I want to check something.

What something do you want to check? A typical Nigerian will not want females. Anyone who rejoices in this, inwardly still feels bad.
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by godofuck231: 8:14am On Mar 30, 2022
EndRape2:
Rubbish post without sense,

Whatbof all the cultist and drung addicts, trained by father's .

quote author=godofuck231 post=111438336]no worry no born male child first then see how you can control your home , women themselves know at a point thats they need a man in their lives , most of the girls into prostitution either had no fathers when growing or their fathers didnt impact on their lives, they hardly have regards for men
na the mother when be ashawoe marry armed robber be that
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by godofuck231: 8:16am On Mar 30, 2022
ademi87:
wealth, my name is wealth and you will definitely hear about me someday coz I'm destined for bigger things that eyes have not seen. Thanks
so after that make sure the name is lost in time , dont have a son
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by charlsecy(m): 10:26am On Mar 30, 2022
234GT:
When you are dead, you don't remember anything again. You don't even remember your own first name, not to talk of family name.
Maybe you should suspend all your activities in life since you would know nothing upon death!
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by ademi87(m): 10:38am On Mar 30, 2022
godofuck231:
so after that make sure the name is lost in time , dont have a son
ur talk is mundane and pointless....healthy and successful children is all I pray for regardless of the gender.

1 Like

Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by Saintmary(f): 11:14am On Mar 30, 2022
Ajibade123:

do people still do this in this modern days

Hmmmm.

There is nothing like modern days for many Nigerians.
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by godofuck231: 2:01pm On Mar 30, 2022
ademi87:
ur talk is mundane and pointless....healthy and successful children is all I pray for regardless of the gender.
abeg how front , your mates no de here
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by Deway52(m): 2:04pm On Mar 30, 2022
Its only a poor man from a very poor background is obsessed with having male child,
I have always prayed to God for two daughters,
I have gotten one already i know God will do the same for the second one. I love female children.
Name, lineages my foot and I’m sure this is coming from a very poor poverty striking family whose name is neither relevant nor important.
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by charlsecy(m): 11:16am On Mar 31, 2022
Newton2024:
100% untrue. You need a little theology.
Teach us a little about life after death..
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by Mofun: 8:47pm On Apr 01, 2022
ademi87:

Thank you! Added to that...children who will also be merciful, loving, passionate (or compassionate) and really care about you. Otherwise, what's the point in having males or females who would not really care about/for you?
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by Mofun: 4:39pm On May 16, 2022
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by Newton2024: 7:22pm On May 16, 2022
Oyindamolah:
The most important thing is to preserve the family's name and if a girl child can't do it... Oga no go rest o... Male child has a lot of responsibility lying on their shoulders even before they were born (either with silver spoon or not)...Some female child is worth more than 10 male children put together. I have heard some women[b] say theu prefer having a male child more than having a female child [/b]
Most women prefer male child to female child.

1 Like

Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by Jim99: 9:00pm On May 22, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

You will cry from today till tomorrow there are reports of women fighting in Ukraine and there is nothing you will say to change that hard fact that has been reported.

Here's one of your so called "women fighting" in Ukraine..

Day 83 of the Ukraine war and not a single woman in sight. No more room for instagram pictures and tiktok videos.

30,000 female soldiers dissappeared overnight.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by Oyindamolah: 1:30am On May 23, 2022
Newton2024:
Most women prefer male child to female child.
Are you sure?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wife Raped By Brother-in-law / How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff / Marriage And The Sickle Cell Anaemia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.