Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? (19026 Views)

Woman Who Slept With Male Best Friend Following Quarrel With Husband, Seeks Help / Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? / My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by MrBroke(m): 2:52pm On Mar 29, 2022
Male is more original grin a lot gonna argue though
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by KingDash: 2:52pm On Mar 29, 2022
Shegiya
AliseKazah:
A pity since Nigerian men useless
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by Kemcee4Christ: 2:55pm On Mar 29, 2022
[quote author=Ropostic120 post=111471153]People having such a mentality ain't wise enough [/thank you
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by seunak2016: 2:56pm On Mar 29, 2022
ImaIma1:

Maybe some. From day one my husband said he wanted 3 girls. Now I'm the one trying to break the jinx because I want a boy.
if you are Muslim forget it, your husband go marry another wife. I never hear where man say he want daughters all through without male child. good luck to you.

ps: having female children for him will give him perfect excuse to have another wives

3 Likes

Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by kiddkash(m): 2:56pm On Mar 29, 2022
Spherical77:
family name that has no benefit or open door to even the rightful owner of the name?
Dangote's name will open doors for the kids, like bill gates, george bush

and don't forget Arch-bishop Benson Idahosa. the name opened doors for the kids
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by AmazonTopaz(f): 2:56pm On Mar 29, 2022
Jim99:

Use Ukraine as a case study. The women are abondoning their homeland and fleeing to more comfortable places while the men are laying down their lands for their country.

Now you know why people are obsessed with male children.

You people should stop using Ukraine as a case study because women are fighting in Ukraine and some refused to leave their husbands they are telling to women to go just to protect the children.

There are women fighting in Ukraine and besides, the men are the ones who started the war so let them fight themselves.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by SocialJustice: 2:56pm On Mar 29, 2022
Mofun:
Why are most Nigerian parents obsessed about having male children? Some just keep bearing many children because they're in search of at least a male. There are instances where men even marry extra wives just in order to have male children. Please what's the fuss about?

Stupidity, nothing else.
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by rajiedreez: 3:00pm On Mar 29, 2022
Surname
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by edosignature(m): 3:01pm On Mar 29, 2022
Only the unwise will place a male child above a female child.

Female child is more of a blessing to parents, society & the world at large.

#Treat_All_Children_As_Equal.

1 Like

Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by Spherical77(m): 3:02pm On Mar 29, 2022
kiddkash:

Dangote's name will open doors for the kids, like bill gates, george bush

and don't forget Arch-bishop Benson Idahosa. the name opened doors for the kids
lolz, one out of how many names?
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by Oyiboman69: 3:02pm On Mar 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The very same list you give of your male child, excepting the imagined ideas of course. undecided

Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by Jim99: 3:02pm On Mar 29, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

You people should stop using Ukraine as a case study because women are fighting in Ukraine and some refused to leave their husbands they are telling to women to go just to protect the children.

There are women fighting in Ukraine and besides, the men are the ones who started the war so let them fight themselves.

You wish.... My distant cousin works with a British press covering the war in Ukraine and he swore to me that women formerly in Ukraine's army have fled the country. In their thousands. The only ones left are trapped and caught in the crossfires and are waiting for the next humanitarian corridor to open so they can leave.

Men created every industry that there is today. But today you're fighting to get equal placements in their industries. Today you want to be considered equal to men. Why don't you let men to have all of that to themselves.

Just admit that women are cowards and will never be equal to men. Nature made sure of this.

9 Likes

Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by Rotji(m): 3:06pm On Mar 29, 2022
::

The true picture is that the average Nigerian wants both gender. It is not all about looking for male.

We are 5 boys and 2 girls(twins).
My parents kept looking for a female child till the twins came.

[quote author=Mofun post=111438258]

Wow! Looking for girls? Maybe it was your Mum.

Yes I have seen and known a former neighbour who gave birth to six(6) boys but continued until she got the girls, at number 7 and 8 grin grin
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by nurudeen181(m): 3:06pm On Mar 29, 2022
Blind arguement is all i see here..
how many women here takes responsibilities for their own family even with the millions or billions they have, how many women here can fight for their family physically, mentally and psychologically. how many women here have bring one shame or the other to their family here. how many women here can make decisions that will work next five years.. blind arguements.. the reason is very simple.. a man doesnt take a year off due to pregnancy neither do they take 3days off due to mentruation.. they are always ready and fit. no mood swings and over reactiin due to some blood level bruhahaha

3 Likes

Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by kiddkash(m): 3:07pm On Mar 29, 2022
Spherical77:
lolz, one out of how many names?
when you make a great name, you children and children's children will reap the benefits.

like Jacob, the tribe of Jacob
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by Sirwifi: 3:09pm On Mar 29, 2022
As an Igbo man, I believe every child is important,both male and female , but to continue our lineage, a man must have a male child (even if adopted) without which one shall be seen as a failure to his kinsmen.

1 Like

Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by mamawa123: 3:10pm On Mar 29, 2022
Onyiiobi7735:
grin grin We are obsessed with male children,because of the need to descendants to carry on the family name and bloodline.

Women do carry families’ name now too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by AliseKazah(f): 3:13pm On Mar 29, 2022
KingDash:
Shegiya
Am I lying? They run away like cowards at every confrontation.
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by judinho07(m): 3:17pm On Mar 29, 2022
"dix ur questịọn no need any explanation cause been a parent na stage way everybody go reach las-las...so when ee reach u...den u will understand...??!!
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by Spherical77(m): 3:19pm On Mar 29, 2022
kiddkash:

when you make a great name, you children and children's children will reap the benefits.

like Jacob, the tribe of Jacob
how many Nigerians make a great name out of over 220 million population? Why is Nigeria the headquarter and capital city of poverty with the by force boy child?

Moral of this, no be name we wan chop na to be successful. Meanwhile, the last time i checked, being successful has nothing to do with gender
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by MadamOk(f): 3:19pm On Mar 29, 2022
because of respect, priority heritage,linage

some personally want to have a male child
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by ImaIma1(f): 3:21pm On Mar 29, 2022
irichy100:

Can you name your female child 'Okoro', if Okoro was to be your first name or the ancestral name?

If the man's first name is Okoro, his children will bear it as their surname. That's what some people practise now.

For me, my middle name was a male name because it was my dad's first name.

1 Like

Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by TI1919(m): 3:23pm On Mar 29, 2022
You can give birth to boy or girl now unlike before that you have to do trial and error. Those that are still practising trial and error are still living in stone age. It is very good to have atleast two boys in every home they give more security to the family. While girls help to take care of the home. Unless you're barren otherwise you can chose the gender of your child, thank God for sciences
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by Realist12: 3:24pm On Mar 29, 2022
From my experience no matter how successful the female are the Male child is needed to continue the leadership and coordination of the late man's family. Be it inheritance, family dispute , legacy these are heavy task only Males can handle. As a man you'd look into your future and think which of this kids can carry on with my legacy . The favorite is mostly the Male.

1 Like

Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by ImaIma1(f): 3:24pm On Mar 29, 2022
seunak2016:
if you are Muslim forget it, your husband go marry another wife. I never hear where man say he want daughters all through without male child. good luck to you.

ps: having female children for him will give him perfect excuse to have another wives

The fact that you have not heard it doesn't make it invalid or impossible.

Your "ps" is your own personal myopic opinion. It counts for nothing here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by AmazonTopaz(f): 3:31pm On Mar 29, 2022
Jim99:

You wish.... My distant cousin works with a British press covering the war in Ukraine and he swore to me that women formerly in Ukraine's army have fled the country. In their thousands. The only ones left are trapped and caught in the crossfires and are waiting for the next humanitarian corridor to open so they can leave.

Men created every industry that there is today. But today you're fighting to get equal placements in their industries. Today you want to be considered equal to men. Why don't you let men to have all of that to themselves.

Just admit that women are cowards and will never be equal to men. Nature made sure of this.

Please stop lying to yourself I will rather follow the news I see with my own eyes that what your cousin told you.

Ukraine has over 37k women in their military and according to reports they are fighting one that died last week was a mother of four stop deceiving yourself even the wife of the president of Ukraine refused to leave Ukrainian women have taken weapons to fight and it is in the reports some women who left left to protect their children and would gladly stay to help if they could. Why some women run from wars is fear of abuse and sexual violence animals in men skin subject them to during war.
Read this article and stop deceiving yourself about your imaginary cousin there are many more articles relating to it https://www.npr.org/2022/03/19/1087712539/ukrainian-women-are-volunteering-to-fight-and-history-shows-they-always-have?utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com

Thank God that today women are changing the narrative and also making breakthroughs in their fields if women were at par with men from day one the industries of old would not be single handedly created by men thank God for some women who made scientific discoveries this past century and the ones upcoming in STEM.

You are the only coward I see here not women you are a coward for being this pained that women are doing exploits leaving you men behind in today's world.

Lol

The pictures below are they not Ukranian women?

2 Likes

Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by Wisdomleo(m): 3:33pm On Mar 29, 2022
Laturuturu:

How does this sound to you.

A. Your son is fuckin girls up and down all over the estate

B. They are fuckin your daughter up and down in the estate

One you will hear it and smile inside
One you will hear it and cry inside

Choose ur answer

Say no to Bola Tinubu
Comrade one bottle of cold beer for youa

1 Like

Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by Carot: 3:35pm On Mar 29, 2022
jmoore:
The true picture is that the average Nigerian wants both gender. It is not all about looking for male.

We are 5 boys and 2 girls(twins).
My parents kept looking for a female child till the twins came.
i wan to have a threesöme with your twin sisters
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by mmsen: 3:35pm On Mar 29, 2022
I've seen this go the other way where a couple will keep breeding until the woman has her beloved daughter.
Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by Jim99: 3:35pm On Mar 29, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

Please stop lying to yourself I will rather follow the news I see with my own eyes that what your cousin told you.

Ukraine has over 37k women in their military and according to reports they are fighting one that died last week was a mother of four stop deceiving yourself even the wife of the president of Ukraine refused to leave Ukrainian women have taken weapons to fight and it is in the reports some women who left left to protect their children and would gladly stay to help if they could.

Thank God that today women are changing the narrative and also making breakthroughs in their fields if women were at par with men from day one the industries of old would not be single handedly created by men thank God for some women who made scientific discoveries this past century and the ones upcoming in STEM.

You are the only coward I see here not women you are a coward for being this pained that women are doing exploits leaving you men behind in today's world.

Lol

OK it's settled then... show me a video of women of Ukraine's army fighting or conducting patrols or on tanks or at checkpoints in this current war.

1 Like

Re: What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? by AliseKazah(f): 3:36pm On Mar 29, 2022
Jim99:

So what about Nigerian men nko? Have you started any major protest.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Marriage And The Sickle Cell Anaemia / Terminating A Six Month Pregnancy / My Husband Hates My Best Friend. What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.