Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) - Celebrities (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) (53172 Views)

Tems Slammed For Her "Rude" View-Blocking Dress At The Oscars (video) / Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap / 'I Never Joked With Money' - Beverly Osu Shares Her Epic Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Nobody: 5:37pm On Mar 28, 2022
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Simps will always be simps. Ever ready to take a bullet for and defend the woman who is ever ready to gobble up another preek.
Will Smith himself laughed at the damn joke, till he noticed Jada wasn't cool with it.

So he had to play hero to a woman who has never gotten over her obsession with Tupac Shakur. A woman who does not in any way cherish her marriage to him.

A woman whom all he has done to all their marriage is to plead with to remain put with him.

So he had this type of energy, yet his wife chose to fvck his child's friend and won't have let go of him till the small boy shamed her for her preek neediness.

He had this energy and he couldn't slap sense into Jada's head when she was proudly admitting her entanglement with August Alsina on their round table talk.

He had this type of energy and he can't discipline his kids who would rather write a dead Tupac Shakur letters chronicling how their mom has remained perpetually unhappy without him and how they wish he was their father.

Will Smith, if you like slap John Cena, the world will forever consider you a simp.
It's a shame that a man as hot as Will will go through shit, go beserk and do bizarre stuffs just to get the validation of the unrepentant cougar he happily calls wife.

He was at least honest enough to admit that "love will make you do crazy things" meaning he did this to earn her love; to earn the love of a slut.
Shame on him.

At this rate, I won't be shocked if one day I read that Will put a bullet through his own skull because if this isn't a trip to rock bottom, then I wonder what is.
This is what happens when a man marries the wrong woman, or when a man thinks he can convert the affection a woman has for another man.

Once you start out begging a woman to love you, you spend the rest of your life in pure agony, because love can never be forced, bought or begged for.

I expect Chris Rock to do what is right and press charges ASAP.
The emboldened says it all.
He's a huge disgrace.
An embodiment of stupidity with non alluring heights.
WILL SMITH has killed all the regards I have for him.
So he's such an Idiot.?
Even ARNOLD wouldn't attempt such

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by mpire: 5:37pm On Mar 28, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:

Damn! You love stories!

Are you sure in America? Americans are always brief.

I know your type, empty handed you got to America, empty handed you will leave.

Really how many Americans do you know re.tard? Netflix doesn't count. Oh sorry I forgot you called Will Smith your hommie grin grin grin
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by sawft(m): 5:38pm On Mar 28, 2022
The way wey diz matter dey pain me sha...I guess it's cuz I always liked will Smith.

Mehn that was premium stupidity. U Gon react like that over a joke? And for Jada of all women?

N then we have this simplords (I don't like using that word) talking about a joke crossing the line.

It's a JOKE...it's not meant to be polite of appropriate. It's meant to be funny...the comedian gets enough slap if people don't laugh at the joke.
Gosh

Una don hear of "having a sense of humour?"...it literally means not taking yourself seriously.

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by CoronaVirusPro: 5:40pm On Mar 28, 2022
mpire:

Really how many Americans do you know re.tard?

I don't know anybody in America.

Your dashing job booms at noon. Better go get your car ready. Its almost noon

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by bukatyne(f): 5:43pm On Mar 28, 2022
folake4u:
After the slap, Chris Rock should have said, "That was quite an entanglement, I'm going to feel that slap till August". embarassed undecided

I don't understand why he laughed at the joke in the first place until he turned to her and saw she wasn't too happy about it.

Will Smith has a seemingly "soft" persona but this new attempt of trying to be a "bad boy" just because of his wife is not going to take him anywhere. The damage has already been done long ago, when his wife disrespected him couple of times, even admitted her entanglement with August Alsina on live TV.

Is this how it's done in monogamous marriages? Hell no.
I obviously forgot they're in a Open marriage.

I also don't understand why Will Smith was shedding tears after, and why Tyler Perry, Bradley Cooper were trying to comfort him. undecided

@bold:

You go make heaven so?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

The whole thing was ridiculous.

The audience sure caught cruise sha.
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by bukatyne(f): 5:48pm On Mar 28, 2022
Ishilove:
Chris was very professional, despite the very shocking assault.

He really was.

Or maybe he was too shocked to react? cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by mpire: 5:48pm On Mar 28, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:

I don't know anybody in America.

Your dashing job booms at noon. Better go get your car ready. Its almost noon

Your madness is on another level. If stup.idity ever becomes an Olympic event you'll certainly win gold for Nigeria. So it's almost 12 noon in the whole of USA? Listen here asswipe, even a primary 4 Nigerian knows better than this. You're a poster child of while condom is important. I hope you never procreate, Nigerian is full of iidiots like you already.
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by CoronaVirusPro: 5:50pm On Mar 28, 2022
mpire:

Your madness is on another level. If stup.idity ever becomes an Olympic event you'll certainly win gold for Nigeria. So its almost 12 noon in the whole of USA? Really dude? Even a primary 4 kid knows better than this. I hope you never procreate, Nigerian is full of iidiots like you already.

Village jabs

You spent too much years in Nigeria. It stinks all over you

No wonder you were screaming American and Blue passport on the forum

Local dog!

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by mpire: 5:52pm On Mar 28, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:

Village jabs

You spent too much years in Nigeria. It stinks all over you

No wonder you were screaming American and Blue passport on the forum

Local dog!

Eh ya, Pele it hurts I know a lot about your country and you no nada about mine? Ok why don't you apply for a visa to come over? Or do you wanna meet up anywhere in Europe? Pls wear a deodorant.

Shitstain aren't you the one eating local dogs? grin grin grin grin Abi has Nigeria started importing dogs for consumption?

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by bukatyne(f): 5:53pm On Mar 28, 2022
Studymore123:

That's not the worse joke to be said about someone. I'm not endorsing Rock's actions neither am I undermining the effects on Jada. I'm saying that Will was wrong in his actions because it could have been better handled.

He went against the Oscar code of conduct and the US law. "Everybody will forget a bad joke. Nobody will forget a bad attitude"

That was a moment of madness by Will Smith which will now forever be etched into the rest of his career and totally spoilt what should have been the greatest moment and triumph of his life.

Do you think Will would have acted that way if it was a bar/club? He may have been in the hospital right now.

If you're telling us that Will acted in the best way. You're saying that violence is the best way he could have addressed that issue and you would have acted same way.

LA police reached out to Rock but he declined pressing charges.

Shalom

@bold:

Very nice of Rock.
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by CoronaVirusPro: 5:55pm On Mar 28, 2022
mpire:

Eh ya, Pele it hurts I know a lot about your country and you no nada about mine? Ok why don't you apply for a visa? Or do you wanna meet up anywhere in Europe? Pls wear a deodorant.

Smh!

Can see America is really freaking you.

Let me allow you be Americana. Your sentences could tell you still struggling.

Adiue!

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by mpire: 6:00pm On Mar 28, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:

Smh!

Can see America is really freaking you.

Let me allow you be Americana. Your sentences could tell you still struggling.

Adiue!

Freaking who? Re.tard, is Nigeria freaking you? Eh ya you gonna take your tail in-between your legs and run like a typical brainless NL clown, I thought you wanted to run your dirty mouth and defend assaulting someone. Oponu, olodo you can't even spell ADIEU correctly!!! Oya go edit it before people see it.

I made you an offer burn everything you own and I'll pay double. Shithole brain, always talking crap online.
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by greatbuc(m): 6:30pm On Mar 28, 2022
Mama Bianca Fever everywhere!!
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by GUNITGuy: 6:47pm On Mar 28, 2022
Thanks to Chris Rock .....he really handled this maturely...if not it would have been something else
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by folake4u(f): 7:17pm On Mar 28, 2022
bukatyne:

@bold:

You go make heaven so?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

The whole thing was ridiculous.

The audience sure caught cruise sha.

Lmao I go make heaven oh. cheesy cheesy

To be honest, the whole thing didn't make sense.

Lupita and The Rock facial expression was priceless!!!! grin
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by GloriousGbola: 7:26pm On Mar 28, 2022
folake4u:
After the slap, Chris Rock should have said, "That was quite an entanglement, I'm going to feel that slap till August". embarassed undecided

I don't understand why he laughed at the joke in the first place until he turned to her and saw she wasn't too happy about it.

Will Smith has a seemingly "soft" persona but this new attempt of trying to be a "bad boy" just because of his wife is not going to take him anywhere. The damage has already been done long ago, when his wife disrespected him couple of times, even admitted her entanglement with August Alsina on live TV.

Is this how it's done in monogamous marriages? Hell no.
I obviously forgot they're in a Open marriage.

I also don't understand why Will Smith was shedding tears after, and why Tyler Perry, Bradley Cooper were trying to comfort him. undecided

the real efo riro
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by folake4u(f): 7:30pm On Mar 28, 2022
GloriousGbola:

the real efo riro

What do you mean?
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by GloriousGbola: 7:34pm On Mar 28, 2022
folake4u:

What do you mean?

efo riro na - the jazz women use to make men mumus. the efo riro or maybe the bomb ass -p*ssy is strong with jada

woman is knacking 23 year old friends of the kids and Will is talking nonsense about being intimidated by Tupac.

another celeb that should have stayed with his first wife instead of dating down.

the whole thing just pisses me off.
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by laiperi: 7:35pm On Mar 28, 2022
NwaAmaikpe,

I do not know how to thank you for that brief. I was so ashamed, I felt like being exposed for a vicious lie.

This is what Chris and Will do for a living. If any of them could get so mad to walk up the stage and slap one another resulting in first fight, what about jokes on those not in the entertainment profession?

Remember, African Americans have been complaining about exclusion for years. They got an African American Producer and this happened.

Wait for vile comments from whites later. You can take a man out of the ghetto but cannot take ghetto out of a man.

Poor late Miles Davis, he let people know he never lived in the ghetto. He came from middle class family but they still paint everyone the same.

People are now calling it Bianca slap! See!

I cannot believe Chris could show that much class after the assault. The Award should be taken away frim Will or banned from the Award forever.

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by folake4u(f): 7:38pm On Mar 28, 2022
GloriousGbola:

efo riro na - the jazz women use to make men mumus. the efo riro or maybe the bomb ass -p*ssy is strong with jada

woman is knacking 23 year old friends of the kids and Will is talking nonsense about being intimidated by Tupac.

another celeb that should have stayed with his first wife instead of dating down.

the whole thing just pisses me off.

Oh now I get! grin

If this whole thing happened in Nigeria ehn, people would have said Jada tied Will Smith sense inside bottle or gave him better efo riro to eat. lipsrsealed

Because I don't even understand this type of love.

What made me angry sef was him crying on stage.
Fear actors oh. angry
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by GloriousGbola: 7:39pm On Mar 28, 2022
folake4u:

Oh now I get! grin

If this whole thing happened in Nigeria ehn, people would have said Jada tied Will Smith sense inside bottle or gave him better efo riro to eat. lipsrsealed

Because I don't even understand this type of love.

What made me angry sef was him crying on stage.
Fear actors oh. angry

now that i think of it - will and jada are the whitney and bobby of the 2020s - with the roles reversed
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by folake4u(f): 7:47pm On Mar 28, 2022
GloriousGbola:

now that i think of it - will and jada are the whitney and bobby of the 2020s - with the roles reversed

This Comrade sha. grin grin lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by bukatyne(f): 10:34pm On Mar 28, 2022
folake4u:

They provided live entertainment.

RockWill Reality Tv Show.

2 Likes

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by chocboi78(m): 11:14pm On Mar 28, 2022
bukatyne:

He really was.

very shocked.. he literally spent the next minute trying to process the slap grin grin
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by chocboi78(m): 11:18pm On Mar 28, 2022
GUNITGuy:
Thanks to Chris Rock .....he really handled this maturely...if not it would have been something else
I don’t understand. He’s the host and knew he crossed a line too. What could he have possibly done at that moment. He was more shocked than mature
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Captain92: 11:34pm On Mar 28, 2022
Guy press charges, there are other ways to address your supposed silly joke, but he decided to physically assault you.
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by bepositive11: 11:36pm On Mar 28, 2022
As I said, you can see the slap, but you can't see the psychological pain Jada experienced

The LA police reached out to Rock to press charges for the slap, but they didn't reach Jada to press charges for the psychological damage

In a moment like that, emotions run high. I really don't blame Will for doing what he did and I feel that Rock deserved it

How else should Will have managed it? Gone to him and said, "please don't say that again"? If Will was more calm with Rock, do you think Rock would've taken him seriously? He would've just continued on not knowing how upset Will and Jada were

And no, it hasn't affected his career at all. His fans understand where he is coming from and why he did what he did

Studymore123:

That's not the worse joke to be said about someone. I'm not endorsing Rock's actions neither am I undermining the effects on Jada. I'm saying that Will was wrong in his actions because it could have been better handled.

He went against the Oscar code of conduct and the US law. "Everybody will forget a bad joke. Nobody will forget a bad attitude"

That was a moment of madness by Will Smith which will now forever be etched into the rest of his career and totally spoilt what should have been the greatest moment and triumph of his life.

Do you think Will would have acted that way if it was a bar/club? He may have been in the hospital right now.

If you're telling us that Will acted in the best way. You're saying that violence is the best way he could have addressed that issue and you would have acted same way.

LA police reached out to Rock but he declined pressing charges.

Shalom
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by potland: 12:42am On Mar 29, 2022
bukatyne:

He really was.

bukatyne am gonna slap you if you ever insult my wife again. have been keeping quiet doesn't mean am a fool
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by potland: 12:44am On Mar 29, 2022
folake4u:

folake I will soon slap you. youve been getting on my nerves lately
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by potland: 12:50am On Mar 29, 2022
PaulOtl:

Leeemaoooo!
Buhahahahaha
Thuggery and violence! cheesy
Like,
' Yo cuz, why ya take ma shine at them Oscars a while ago? ' you was supposed to only give a shoutout to the real hommies, but you went on to shoutout to the other side, to the east coast fellas who supported your career, after we already found you and made you! '
N***a you broke the Gee-code. Take this - "gbam gbam ! " ( Two shots to the chest )

CNN breaking news @8 AM :

African American actor and rapper, Xxxxx was brutally gunned down outside the Cesar's Palace Hotel in Las Vegas last night by a group of armed black men, who sources say we're part of the Oscars organising committee. cheesy

White people should keep doing their thing jare...What's worth doing is worth doing well. grin
biggie or Tupac? east coast v west coast where do you stand?
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by potland: 1:03am On Mar 29, 2022
Simran94:

It’s on the news, it’s on SM, it’s everywhere that She has Alopecia. And Rock was referring to her hairstyle not the resilience character of GI Jane, he was trying to make fun of her hairstyle!!!
if I make fun of your pubic hair, will be you slap me?
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Horus(m): 2:08am On Mar 29, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcX0hLtPwPI

Mononeon - "the Willsmith Chrisrock slap song"

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nomoreloss' Wife And Kid And His Last Tweet(Pics) / Nigeria’s 5 Most Humble Celebrities / Peter & Paul Okoye Celebrated 39th Birthdays Separately With Family & Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.