Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,673 members, 7,820,363 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) (53209 Views)

Tems Slammed For Her "Rude" View-Blocking Dress At The Oscars (video) / Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap / 'I Never Joked With Money' - Beverly Osu Shares Her Epic Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Arielle: 12:51pm On Mar 28, 2022
Kingcalls:

How is chris a bully... most of u dont even hv brains no more
And you have?? You have an opinion. Let someone have theirs.
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Ishilove: 12:55pm On Mar 28, 2022
ShaqFu:
well it's not nice making jokes of people.

Nigerian comedians use to do this alot.
But assault is taking it to the extreme.
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Playermayweda(m): 12:59pm On Mar 28, 2022
boolet:
Good job Will Smith!

Well, there is something known as verbal assault, and that is Will Smith's alibi.

Simp or not, he put a bully in his place.

How was he a bully, he likened the lady to GI jane who was portrayed as strong woman in the movie, no verbal assault.
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Playermayweda(m): 1:02pm On Mar 28, 2022
Easily emotionally triggered men, old man tryna to feel like a gangster able to protect his chick, not knowing he just disgraced himself on live tv. Chris rock joke might or might no be out of line, but are we gonna advocate for using violence to act whenever we feel upset about something??
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by boolet: 1:21pm On Mar 28, 2022
Playermayweda:

How was he a bully, he likened the lady to GI jane who was portrayed as strong woman in the movie, no verbal assault.
That woman wasn't smiling, it was insensitive.
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Playermayweda(m): 1:25pm On Mar 28, 2022
boolet:

That woman wasn't smiling, it was insensitive.

So because of that he deserved to be slapped. In the first oscars that's so black dominated, what message is that gonna pass??
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Isaacpromise1(m): 1:36pm On Mar 28, 2022
Will’s act is pure bull shit! It funny how you laugh at jokes about other but you become offensive when the table turns.

Dude will kill someone if he ever attends “Wild N Out”

Big up’s to Chris for managing it
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by boolet: 1:44pm On Mar 28, 2022
Playermayweda:

So because of that he deserved to be slapped. In the first oscars that's so black dominated, what message is that gonna pass??
You and I know that a white person is very unlikely to tell such insensitive jokes. Nevertheless, the Will overreacted, but I personally can't judge him because I may not have done differently.
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by DSHADOWWALKER: 1:49pm On Mar 28, 2022
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Simps will always be simps. Ever ready to take a bullet for and defend the woman who is ever ready to gobble up another preek.
Will Smith himself laughed at the damn joke, till he noticed Jada wasn't cool with it.

So he had to play hero to a woman who has never gotten over her obsession with Tupac Shakur. A woman who does not in any way cherish her marriage to him.

A woman whom all he has done to all their marriage is to plead with to remain put with him.

So he had this type of energy, yet his wife chose to fvck his child's friend and won't have let go of him till the small boy shamed her for her preek neediness.

He had this energy and he couldn't slap sense into Jada's head when she was proudly admitting her entanglement with August Alsina on their round table talk.

He had this type of energy and he can't discipline his kids who would rather write a dead Tupac Shakur letters chronicling how their mom has remained perpetually unhappy without him and how they wish he was their father.

Will Smith, if you like slap John Cena, the world will forever consider you a simp.
It's a shame that a man as hot as Will will go through shit, go beserk and do bizarre stuffs just to get the validation of the unrepentant cougar he happily calls wife.

He was at least honest enough to admit that "love will make you do crazy things" meaning he did this to earn her love; to earn the love of a slut.
Shame on him.

At this rate, I won't be shocked if one day I read that Will put a bullet through his own skull because if this isn't a trip to rock bottom, then I wonder what is.
This is what happens when a man marries the wrong woman, or when a man thinks he can convert the affection a woman has for another man.

Once you start out begging a woman to love you, you spend the rest of your life in pure agony, because love can never be forced, bought or begged for.

I expect Chris Rock to do what is right and press charges ASAP.

Your mother is the only sl*t here not jada,even a 5yeat old would know will smith took time to process the joke and only laughed in sync with the audience.Someone with your kind of mother who opened legs to a l*wlife like your father should not be slut shaming anyone,and i pity the b*astard s*on of wh*res who liked your post
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by kayo8080: 2:19pm On Mar 28, 2022
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Simps will always be simps. Ever ready to take a bullet for and defend the woman who is ever ready to gobble up another preek.
Will Smith himself laughed at the damn joke, till he noticed Jada wasn't cool with it.

So he had to play hero to a woman who has never gotten over her obsession with Tupac Shakur. A woman who does not in any way cherish her marriage to him.

A woman whom all he has done to all their marriage is to plead with to remain put with him.

So he had this type of energy, yet his wife chose to fvck his child's friend and won't have let go of him till the small boy shamed her for her preek neediness.

He had this energy and he couldn't slap sense into Jada's head when she was proudly admitting her entanglement with August Alsina on their round table talk.

He had this type of energy and he can't discipline his kids who would rather write a dead Tupac Shakur letters chronicling how their mom has remained perpetually unhappy without him and how they wish he was their father.

Will Smith, if you like slap John Cena, the world will forever consider you a simp.
It's a shame that a man as hot as Will will go through shit, go beserk and do bizarre stuffs just to get the validation of the unrepentant cougar he happily calls wife.

He was at least honest enough to admit that "love will make you do crazy things" meaning he did this to earn her love; to earn the love of a slut.
Shame on him.

At this rate, I won't be shocked if one day I read that Will put a bullet through his own skull because if this isn't a trip to rock bottom, then I wonder what is.
This is what happens when a man marries the wrong woman, or when a man thinks he can convert the affection a woman has for another man.

Once you start out begging a woman to love you, you spend the rest of your life in pure agony, because love can never be forced, bought or begged for.

Damn! I never thought the day would come when I would wholeheartedly agree with a comment from you.

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by rickleye: 2:20pm On Mar 28, 2022
The slap heard all around the world ! or the Slap that broke the Internet .
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by kayo8080: 2:22pm On Mar 28, 2022
boolet:
Good job Will Smith!

Well, there is something known as verbal assault, and that is Will Smith's alibi.

Simp or not, he put a bully in his place.

I dare him to go and slap 50 Cent...50 has been clowning him for years, why not go and put that bully in his place? He knows who he can transfer his aggression/frustration on.
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by meobizy(f): 2:30pm On Mar 28, 2022
Zzz. Nairaland carrying last place as usual. Stale publicity stunt.
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by bepositive11: 2:30pm On Mar 28, 2022
Damn. This man tolerates no disrespect to his wife

ayloveit:
t Sunday night’s Oscar ceremony, Will Smith shocked the room by approaching the stage and slapping presenter Chris Rock in the face after the comedian made a joke about Smith’s wife, actor Jada Pinkett Smith.

Rock was on the Oscars stage presenting the category for best documentary. He began by making a few jokes about the audience members, including Pinkett Smith, referring to her as “G.I. Jane” due to her closely cropped hair. (Pinkett Smith has spoken in the past about her battle with alopecia.) Shortly after he made the joke, Smith walked to the stage and slapped Rock across the face. He then returned to his seat and shouted, “Keep my wife’s name out of your fucking mouth.”

At first, watching the telecast, it was unclear whether the assault was a planned bit. But the show’s audio immediately cut out after Smith slapped Rock, then stayed muted as Rock said “Will Smith just smacked the shit out of me” while Smith walked away. Smith then returned to his seat and shouted, “Keep my wife’s name out of your fucking mouth!”

“Wow, dude,” replied Rock “It was a G.I. Jane joke.”

Rock went on to present the documentary prize to Summer of Soul director Questlove. Immediately after, Sean “Diddy” Combs came onstage to introduce a clip montage celebrating the 50th anniversary of The Godfather. “I didn’t know that this year was going to be the most exciting Oscars ever!” he said. “Okay, Will, Chris—we’re going to solve that like family. But right now, we’re moving on with love.”

Per Vanity Fair’s Rebecca Ford, Denzel Washington pulled Smith to the side for a conversation after the exchange, kneeling alongside Pinkett Smith when the show returned from the commercial break. Tyler Perry also joined Washington and Smith during the commercial break. The Smiths, per Ford, have been holding hands since the assault occurred.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myjEoDypUD8

An Academy librarian also confirmed to VF’s Joy Press that this was likely the first time there had been real violence onstage at the ceremony. However, this was not the first time Rock had made jokes about Pinkett Smith at the Oscars. During the 2016 ceremony, which Rock hosted, he poked fun at Pinkett Smith for famously boycotting that year’s ceremony. “Jada boycotting the Oscars is like me boycotting Rihanna’s panties,” Rock said at the time. “I wasn’t invited.”

Smith is in attendance at this year’s Oscars competing for the best actor prize. He has been considered a front runner for months, thanks to his performance in the biopic King Richard.
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by bepositive11: 2:37pm On Mar 28, 2022
You're funny. The man had the guts to show a fellow man that he tolerates no disrespect to his wife and you're calling him a simp? He was sensitive enough to know that his wife was hurt by it and you're calling him a simp?

You're not serious.

In fact, if that's your definition of a simp, guess what? A healthy woman would choose a simp who knows how to treat her with love and respect anytime any day.

Keep shaming men like Will Smith. You'll end up with toxic women who are attracted your toxicity as a toxic man - who are attracted to your disrespect and mistreatment

Nonsense

NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Shame on him.

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by bepositive11: 2:40pm On Mar 28, 2022
Everyone should have a thug side

I'm honestly not a fan of slapping people, but Chris Rock deserved it

That was not just a silly joke. That's something that will hurt Jada deep down and break her spirit even more. That slap is nothing compared to how much he hurt her

chiedu7:
Will Smith is showing his thug side.

This is the year of famous slaps by the famous

1st it was Bianca slapping sense into Mrs Obiano

Now we have Will Smith behaving like a thug slapping Chris Rock for joke

Bianca's slap to me is still tops
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by PreciousBro: 2:41pm On Mar 28, 2022
This is what men become when compelled by a dysfunctional society to put up with a bad woman for a wife.

A whole Will.

An emasculated man will always have functionality problems.

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Kingcalls: 2:43pm On Mar 28, 2022
Arielle:

And you have?? You have an opinion. Let someone have theirs.

U also don't hv a brain cos if u had , ud know its a stupid opinion... ok... basketmouth , David chapellle, AY abd all comedians are bullies with ur mumu logic

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by beejaay: 3:12pm On Mar 28, 2022
Simran94:

Chris said before the joke “I love you Jada” as a form of an apology and “no pun intended” before he made the supposed joke. He knew what he was about to do that was why he made that indirect apology first. He knew the reason her hair was like that in the first place.

It’s like someone battling Leukemia and their hair starts to fall off until the hair on their heads finish and then you try to make a joke saying “oh sorry but you look like an alien”
Will smith had been laughing before Chris made that statement so obviously he couldn’t just change to an angry face all of a sudden. The smile kept reducing by the seconds and the camera showed that Jada wasn’t having that joke at all.

i guess you understood better than i do, but then Will action was extreme
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by babajero(m): 3:28pm On Mar 28, 2022
Administration1:

There are many synonyms to the word I intended using, but sadly you don't qualify for any.
So you decided to be a scholar on relationship matter you know nothing about right here on nairaland. Congrats you are really educated.
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by babajero(m): 3:30pm On Mar 28, 2022
Neddstark:

You must be a professional simp that washed his womans stained panties. Where real men exist, you don't.
Ok thank you, real men who doesn't even know what is called a relationship not talking of being in one.
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 28, 2022
bepositive11:
Everyone should have a thug side

I'm honestly not a fan of slapping people, but Chris Rock deserved it

That was not just a silly joke. That's something that will hurt Jada deep down and break her spirit even more. That slap is nothing compared to how much he hurt her

You obviously don't know Will Smith. Will Smith has said much worse about other people and their significant others throughout his career, both in jest and seriously. There are better ways he could had addressed the issue but he resorted to violence. That's unacceptable sir.

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by jaiyeorie: 3:39pm On Mar 28, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxj0vncr5Gs
Pretty Mike stirs reaction at #Akinsiku@50
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Panda7(m): 3:50pm On Mar 28, 2022
what figure of speech was that?? because it's definitely not funny for a joke.
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 28, 2022
beejaay:

i guess you understood better than i do, but then Will action was extreme
Yes Will shouldn’t have hit Chris. They were both wrong.
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Horus(m): 3:57pm On Mar 28, 2022
Watch the Replay

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by mpire: 4:04pm On Mar 28, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:
Well deserved!

Their are limits to jokes! Not just toying with peoples emotions and thinking it’s all a joke.

Can he try such joke with NY or Chiraq drill rappers?

When life sees you weak, it throws shiit at you. He saw will as a gentleman and why he had the effrontery.

So happy Will could come out of his emotions and deliver it right on that fvcking stage he was spewing gibberish!

And to top it up, He still bagged a award

You're obviously sick, you're justifying an assault caught right on national TV? He's lucky Chris isn't pressing any charges. Utter nonsense, you slappa comedian doing his job talking about your wife's hair but couldn't do nothing when your wife had sex with a 19yr who has been living with you for years? And you think that's justified? You're an iidiot.

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by CoronaVirusPro: 4:08pm On Mar 28, 2022
mpire:

You're obviously sick, you're justifying an assault caught right on national TV? He's lucky Chris isn't pressing any charges.

What fvcking charges will he press.

Hello! That slap was fvcking well deserved. A message to other comedians to know what is a joke and what's not.

And hommie still bagged the award...
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by mpire: 4:10pm On Mar 28, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:

What fvcking charges will he press.

Hello! That slap was fvcking well deserved. A message to other comedians to know what is a joke and what's not.

And hommie still bagged the award...

You must live in a shithole if you have to ask such dumbbb question what charges? I put animals down.
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by CoronaVirusPro: 4:14pm On Mar 28, 2022
mpire:

You must live in a shithole if you have to ask such dumbbb question what charges? I put animals down.

Go insult someone's wife on the street of your abode and see if you wont be shot dead or beaten to pulp.

You will be pressing charges in heaven hopefully

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

4 Celebs Who Still Live With Their Parents / Linda Ikeji Apologizes Over Bag Scandal. Suggests Hermes Screenshots Were Fake / Check Out Femi Otedola's Handsome Son (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.