Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) (53174 Views)

Tems Slammed For Her "Rude" View-Blocking Dress At The Oscars (video) / Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap / 'I Never Joked With Money' - Beverly Osu Shares Her Epic Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by otino(m): 6:33am On Mar 28, 2022
I think Smith had a copy of this

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by blaise26abj(m): 6:33am On Mar 28, 2022
Rock should sue that Lilly livered idiot called Will smith . Jada will be the death of that man . It was a f.ing joke . So disappointed in Will .

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by bigfish3k: 6:33am On Mar 28, 2022
Bianca is having more disciples

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Onyiiobi7735(m): 6:33am On Mar 28, 2022
Freestainworld:
People needs to respect other people's privacy sometimes, silly jokes are not always silly.
Exactly. That Chris Rock has no manner of decency.

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Nahunger(m): 6:33am On Mar 28, 2022
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Fuckingmallam45(m): 6:34am On Mar 28, 2022
Different people grow up with different senses of humor, and they learn to interpret jokes in certain ways.

First of all, it's not always clear when someone is joking. For example, if someone went up to me and said, "since you're a Yoruba person, that must mean you are a skull miner". The first thing that comes to my mind is that the person is making a joke, but that's not necessarily how everyone will interpret it. Some people might interpret the comment as a serious comment and not a joke. This confusion can be avoided by good joke delivery, but confusion can never be completely avoided.

Also, even when it is clear that a joke is being made, some people view jokes as "jokes for the sake of jokes" and some people view jokes as "jokes for the sake of punching up or down". The former (jokes for the sake of jokes) are simply jokes for the sake of being absurd. If someone walks up to me and says "since you're a Yoruba, that must mean you mine skull for a living", then I might interpret it as an absurd joke, not meant to belittle me, but rather just to point out a funny stereotype. On the other hand, someone else might interpret the joke as belittling them. They might think that the person telling the joke is trying to insult them or "punch" them. There are two kinds of "punching": "punching up" and "punching down". The act of "punching up" refers to telling a joke that insults someone of privileged status (ex. A black American belittling a white American via a joke since the white American is in the position of the privileged status) where as "punching down" refers to telling a joke that insults someone of oppressed status (ex. a white American belittling a black American via a joke since the black American is in the position of the oppressed race).

It's never quite clear whether someone is telling a joke with the intention of simply being absurd or if they're telling a joke with the intention of belittling someone. Also, some people argue that some jokes are "punching up" or "punching down" regardless of intention.

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by TallPck1(m): 6:35am On Mar 28, 2022
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by DenreleDave(m): 6:35am On Mar 28, 2022
God bless you
Shoodboi:
Will Smith is a no-nonsense dude. He once slapped a press guy for kissing him.

But that said, comedians and others who make jokes at other people's expense should know their "jokes" are insults dressed in makeup.

Everyone is sensitive to them, including those who smile or laugh. Most just let it slide, until it gets to a point they can't anymore. In this case, Mrs. Smith has alopecia, which is a medical condition that causes hair loss.

I remember something like this happened between Helen and another comedian at an AY Live show a few years ago.

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Cadamlk: 6:35am On Mar 28, 2022
This is the year of slapping

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by BRATISLAVA: 6:35am On Mar 28, 2022
SmartPolician:
Will Smith is not a fulfilled man because he married a wrong woman - the biggest mistake a man can make.

You know this as you're Mr Smith who has forgiven her? Or perhaps you're their bedroom ceiling that sees everything to know this information you've shared?

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Observer007(m): 6:36am On Mar 28, 2022

My favourite black American actor of all time (just a bit ahead of Denzel, for me) wozing my favourite American comedian. Rock went a bit too far, it seems very possible he wasn't aware of Jada's medical condition. But I liked the way he handles it and I hope he apologizes to both Will and Jada....and Will also apologizes for the outburst.

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Nobody: 6:36am On Mar 28, 2022
DenreleDave:
New world order

Always slap the host of a program so as to get an award grin grin grin grin grin

I'm sure if will hadn't slap him, he wunt have won the award

Not every deserved to be joked about.... Not supporting will but sumtin, person mouth dey put am for trouble

In as much as he laughed and was entertained when Chris made jokes out of other peoples’ situations and circumstances, he has no right to be angry or react negatively on stage when same is done to him.

He impliedly agreed. And this clothed Chris with the legal defense of “volenti non fit injuria”.

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by SunMusk(m): 6:36am On Mar 28, 2022
What re you saying?? Joke and sarcasm is how the truth comes out sometimes, be a Christian i have never supported jokes. But if you re in Hollywood it is welcome. And dat is how thy roll. Because if you Watch Will Smith movie he too makes alot of jokes. This he has turned house boy to is cheating wife is not surprising sha
Shoodboi:
Will Smith is a no-nonsense dude. He once slapped a press guy for kissing him.

But that said, comedians and others who make jokes at other people's expense should know their "jokes" are insults dressed in makeup.

Everyone is sensitive to them, including those who smile or laugh. Most just let it slide, until it gets to a point they can't anymore. In this case, Mrs. Smith has alopecia, which is a medical condition that causes hair loss.

I remember something like this happened between Helen and another comedian at an AY Live show a few years ago.

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Speedo17(m): 6:37am On Mar 28, 2022
"The greatest night in the history of Television" according to the comedian cos he just got himself whacked for crossing the line with his mouth.

I dunno why those "loose lips" never saw their whacking coming.
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by lyricalz: 6:37am On Mar 28, 2022
Be like na slap in public places dey reign now

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by TheComicGuy(m): 6:37am On Mar 28, 2022
undecided, isn't that the same wife that cheated on him,or am I missing something here undecided

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by crownprince7(m): 6:37am On Mar 28, 2022
Who saw his teeth flying out?
Next tym he will watch his jokes.
Next slap should be coming frim the UK.
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by SunMusk(m): 6:40am On Mar 28, 2022
Is black so no charges but if one white dude he is rich and believe me if it one white guy is career is over for this.... Thy will shout racism
NwaAmaikpe:

Simps will always be simps. Ever ready to take a bullet for and defend the woman who is ever ready to take another preek.
Will Smith himself laughed at the damn joke, till he noticed Jada wasn't cool with it.

So it was time to play hero to a woman who has never gotten over her obsession with Tupac Shakur.

So he had this type of energy, yet his wife chose to fvck his child's friend and won't let go of him till her shamed her for her preek neediness.

He had this energy and he couldn't slap sense into her head when she was proudly admitting her entanglement with August Alsina on their round table talk.

Will Smith, if you like slap John Cena, the world will forever consider you a simp.

I expect Chris Rock to do what is right and press charges ASAP.

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Kingcalls: 6:40am On Mar 28, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:
Well deserved!

Their are limits to jokes! Not just toying with peoples emotions and thinking it’s all a joke.

Can he try such joke with NY or Chiraq drill rappers?

When life sees you weak, it throws shiit at you. He saw will as a gentleman and why he had the effrontery.

So happy Will could come out of his emotions and deliver it right on that fvcking stage he was spewing gibberish!

And to top it up, He still bagged a award

Smith is also a comedian and he has made jokes about other people and celebrities in the past....that smith keeps on displaying his simping towards that hoe wife of his thatchave destroyed their kids

18 Likes

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by tamdun: 6:40am On Mar 28, 2022
And the wife he(will Smith) was defending won't stop treating him like shit

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Lucymercy: 6:41am On Mar 28, 2022
[color=#006600][/color]
chiedu7:
Will Smith is showing his thug side.

This is the year of famous slaps by the famous

1st it was Bianca slapping sense into Mrs Obiano

Now we have Will Smith behaving like a thug slapping Chris Rock for joke

Bianca's slap to me is still tops
Please be sincere with yourself did you really see Bianca's slapped but we all clearly saw Will smith own... Naija with fake

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Afonjashapmouth: 6:43am On Mar 28, 2022
This is one crazy thing about Foreign comedians. They do not know boundaries WIll Smith was definitely wrong to have climbed that stage to display such immaturity and also yell his throat out like a 5yr old kid after laughing at the same joke but in other to please his husband had to run that little show of shame. There is always an after-show or the use of your page to make a PSA about nobody making no jokes about you and your family hence. I also always wonder why they pick on each other with a serious life crisis. Nick Canon suffers one of the biggest blows but anyway he was wise to convert that into money. This is one thing we don't do in Africa because we know this is the hub for emotion and sentiments is our daily bread so pick on people's serious life issues at your own peril. Even Tuface doesn't find his own joke funny anymore and would outrightly attack you.

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by CoronaVirusPro: 6:43am On Mar 28, 2022
Kingcalls:

Smith is also a comedian and he has made jokes about other people and celebrities in the past....that smith keeps on displaying his simping towards that hoe wife of his thatchave destroyed their kids

Constructive jokes. Not emotional jokes!

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Bahamas95(m): 6:44am On Mar 28, 2022
This is one of the reasons I don't like some comedians, especially standup comedians. They crack all sort of insensitive jokes in a bid to make people laugh.

You don't joke with everything.

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Kingcalls: 6:45am On Mar 28, 2022
boolet:
Good job Will Smith!

Well, there is something known as verbal assault, and that is Will Smith's alibi.

Simp or not, he put a bully in his place.

How is chris a bully... most of u dont even hv brains no more

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Reference(m): 6:45am On Mar 28, 2022
grin..... Black on black violence is permitted.....
All hail the black man.
He never disappoints....

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Golan007: 6:46am On Mar 28, 2022
NwaAmaikpe:

Simps will always be simps. Ever ready to take a bullet for and defend the woman who is ever ready to gobble up another preek.
Will Smith himself laughed at the damn joke, till he noticed Jada wasn't cool with it.

So he had to play hero to a woman who has never gotten over her obsession with Tupac Shakur. A woman who does not in any way cherish her marriage to him.

A woman whom all he has done to all their marriage is to plead with to remain put with him.

So he had this type of energy, yet his wife chose to fvck his child's friend and won't have let go of him till the small boy shamed her for her preek neediness.

He had this energy and he couldn't slap sense into Jada's head when she was proudly admitting her entanglement with August Alsina on their round table talk.

He had this tyoe of energy and he can't discipline his kids who would rather write a dead Tupac Shakur letters chronicling how their mom has remained perpetually unhappy without him and how they wish he was their father.

Will Smith, if you like slap John Cena, the world will forever consider you a simp.
It's a shame that a man as hot as Will will go through shit, go beserk and do bizarre stuffs just to get the validation of the unrepentant cougar he happily calls wife.

I expect Chris Rock to do what is right and press charges ASAP.

You are lucky Will Smith isn't a Nairalander.

This would likely have been your anniversary.

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by knanapo: 6:47am On Mar 28, 2022
MAD oh
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by seagulsntrawler: 6:48am On Mar 28, 2022
New meme loading................... grin grin grin grin

18 Likes

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by boolet: 6:50am On Mar 28, 2022
Kingcalls:

How is chris a bully... most of u dont even hv brains no more
Sadly, for you, the word brain should not be used. You've heard about it but you dunno what it is. Why talk about what is aloof from your family tree? undecided

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by baby124: 6:52am On Mar 28, 2022
That someone is laughing at your jokes don’t mean they find it funny. It could be an angry laugh that will spell your doom after cracking the stupid joke.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigel Sog, Nigerian Male Model Set To Dethrone Denrele (Photos) / Linda Ikeji Apologizes Over Bag Scandal. Suggests Hermes Screenshots Were Fake / Nuella And Tchidi Chikere's Court Wedding In Pictures