Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,335 members, 7,954,357 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:29 PM

Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 (82569 Views)

Ajimobi Declares Assets / Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses / Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 02, 2020
SAKUR:
Oyo State Governor Abiola Ajimobi on Sunday made public the assets declaration form which he deposed to shortly before his inauguration as governor on May 29.

Making the content of the form public on behalf of his boss, the governor’s Senior Special Assistant on Public Communications, Dr. Festus Adedayo, said the step was in line with Ajimobi’s promise to commence a government that lays store by transparency and accountability in the administration of the state.

Adedayo said the governor deposed to the Assets Declaration Form for Public Officers at the Registry of the State High Court, Ibadan, before Justice Ladiran Akintola, on May 27, 2011, two days before assuming office.

The assets declared, according to him, include cash in local banks, buildings, vehicles, business enterprises and household items.

According to the form filled by the governor, the total amount of cash he has in banks in the country is N292, 432, 107.00 while he has none in any foreign account.

The governor also declared that he had a mansion in Ibadan worth N250m, a building in the same city worth N150m, another one with the value of N300m in Lagos, as well as a detached house worth N300m in Abuja.

He added that he had a flat purchased through mortgage financing worth £450,000 in the United Kingdom, another worth £1.95m, purchased through mortgage in the UK and another house worth $1.5m in the United States of America.

Ajimobi also declared that he owned 131 acres of farm land in a village at the Ido Local Government area of Ibadan worth N150m, two Lagos-based companies, Viz Grandex Nigeria Limited, worth N200m and Network Petroleum Nigeria Limited, worth N260m.

The governor put the worth of all his vehicles at N94.25m and household furniture, which include generating sets and electronics at N25m.

The governor also declared that his wife, Mrs. Florence Ajimobi, possesses a house in Ibadan that is worth N15m and another in Lagos that is worth N250m.

Adedayo said the new government of Oyo State laid great store by probity and accountability, and was of the belief that the patrimony of the people must be guarded jealously as the governor would give account of all that was entrusted in his care, not only to the people of the state who voted for him in the April elections, but to God “the ultimate judge” who would request for an account whenever the governor finishes his assignment on earth.

Ajimobi is the first governor of the state to publicly declare his assets

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201107042401971

Let me hear word joor. This was a mere declaration of what he's going to steal. EFCC could have confirmed the existence of those assets. He had given himself a target to steal to that level. And when he succeeds or hit that target, the authority won't bother to go after him. He can also steal higher than the declared assets, and later tell you that the value of his assests have increased due to time factor

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by itsme01: 4:25pm On Jul 02, 2020
tot:

Gullible blind mindset.

Hope when you die your asset can be shown and not comprising of nothing, emptiness and bitterness

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by itsme01: 4:26pm On Jul 02, 2020
prekumohtim:

Let me hear word joor. This was a mere declaration of what he's going to steal. EFCC could have confirmed the existence of those assets. He had given himself a target to steal to that level. And when he succeeds or hit that target, the authority won't bother to go after him. He can also steal higher than the declared assets, and later tell you that the value of his assests have increased due to time factor

2011 declaration he did under PDP, then why not probe him as CCT probed Tinubu and Saraki?

6 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by olakintanj(m): 4:26pm On Jul 02, 2020
Kobojunkie:

What has imagination to do with anything? The fact is there, in Nigeria, are people who have worked longer at high positions in the same Shell, Government, who cannot claim to have the same amount SIMPLY FOR WORKING in those offices. You only need to use your head a  bit more on these things. Following your assumptions of this man, then there should be more multi-millionaires out in Nigeria who are worth about the same as this man simply because they held high office in one oil company or another. I particularly know of one man who worked for over 30 years in an oil company, and could not boast of even 1/10th of the amount you pretend all directors in shell should have made.  

You don't just conclude that because someone works as a director in a high position at Shell, or as a senate AUTO-MAGICALLY means the person is worth Millions. That is the mentality that continues to allow them rob Nigeria daily of money that ought to go to doing work for us. Many of you automatically BELIEVE that those who work in high office are Worth MILLIONS without even taking time to research their actual pay to find out facts, and remove it all from fantastical reason that prevails.

By your mentality there, this man is OK to claim upwards of 600 million come next election, is that not so?

Goodluck was not a lecturer with a PHD? Regardless of which word you chose, it was part of the justification we got from people, speaking as you are now, to justify his almost 300 million claim. You think what you are doing now is any different from what they did and continue to, I tell you you are wrong. What you are doing is just as terrible.

I am not in anyway in support of embezzlement of funds.
However, I have seen people that worked with oil firms in a management level that have so much funds and investment equivalent or above what Ajimobi declared.
Even the current Oyo state governor assets declaration is worth more than that.

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by tot(f): 4:26pm On Jul 02, 2020
itsme01:

Hope when you die your asset can be shown and not comprising of nothing, emptiness and bitterness

I refuse to rob citizens of their assets and rights, and I also refuse to defend those that do. It's your business if you choose to do so. Defender of thieves and looters! Mschew

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by itsme01: 4:27pm On Jul 02, 2020
Sysdatek:

Owning an oil and gas servicing firm can make you a billionaire
You can't become one as an employee undecided

Ajimobi also own network oil just as Makinde owns makun oil

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by olajizz01(m): 4:28pm On Jul 02, 2020
Sysdatek:

Owning an oil and gas servicing firm can make you a billionaire
You can't become one as an employee undecided
But,all these assets are far below 50billions now,beside I think you didn't see ajumobi companies as well.

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by Livegamesonly(m): 4:29pm On Jul 02, 2020
he could have gotten that..lemme let you all in on sumtin....if you work as a staff in nnpc/DPR for 35 years and you attain the post of a manager or assistant director.... you gratuity is almost a million dollars...this is fact am speaking.... not to talk of your monthly allowances and upfront...a manager can get as high as 25 million naira as upfront..and the shady deals and sharing of surplus budget... think it out pple... the surplus on yearly budgets is in billions of naira....even Senate committee on oil (upstream and downstream) do pocket billions yearly...stay there and be having poverty mentality...when you work in some organisation, you will understand better

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by DModeCntStopMe: 4:29pm On Jul 02, 2020
Just imagine o shocked

Nigerians are the most greedy, wicked, heartless, evil, selfish and callous creatures ever created by God

Amassing so much billions all in the name of politics.

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by itsme01: 4:29pm On Jul 02, 2020
tot:

I refuse to rob citizens of their assets and rights, and I also refuse to defend those that do. It's your business if you choose to do so. Defender of thieves and looters! Mschew

Lol Ajimobi never robbed anyone and remains the best Oyo ever had after Chief Bola Ige, as you try to rubbish him God would keep exposing you

After all the post is from 2011 under PDP federal
CCT

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by Codes151(m): 4:29pm On Jul 02, 2020
N292432107 + N250m + N150m + N300m + N300m + £450,000(@240, 108,000,000) + £1.95m (@240, 468000000) + $1.5m(@158, 237000000) + N150m + N200m + N260m + N94.25m + N25m + N15m + N250m =

This family is worth = 3.2b aka 3,200,000,000 Naira.

God no go shame us!
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by fyneguy: 4:30pm On Jul 02, 2020
tot:

That a person had a lot is different from whether they were contented with what they had.

Besides, you can see even way back 2011 people were contesting the validity of this "assessment". Working for Shell does not make one a BILLIONAIRE.

Lol He was MD of National Oil. He was very rich

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by hardeycute(m): 4:32pm On Jul 02, 2020
hmm, interesting thread. I can contribute my bit in terms of the UK mortgage as I work in Consumer credits operations and underwrite loans as well. To get a mortgage is very difficult! Even if you have £2million pounds in your account, your credit rating must be Super excellent and you must meet the affordability criteria as well !!! and that means years of living and working on a good job in the UK. If Ajimobi has got no UK Current account and applies for a credit card with just £20 limit, he would be declined. A mortgage is an house loan and bank are very strict when it comes to lending.

two factors to get lending:Affordability and credit score.

Now, how does he pass the affordability criteria, that would depend on the value of the property and how much he earns. If he is an employee, he has to show up to 6months UK bank statement of regular income being paid into that account on specific dates of each month and he has to supply his payslip as well to back that up. If he is self employed, he has to show his UK bank statement as well as 2years audited UK business accounts signed by his UK Accountant. And of course UK passport or visa showing PR. Even t-mobile dey ask for passport before giving you high end contract phone sef, grin

Now the credit check. Even after supplying the items above, you still need an excellent credit rating to succeed and that takes years of living in the UK and you must be on the UK electoral roll as well for at least 3years!!.

I have stressed UK account, UK statements e.t.c because UK banks are very strict in lending and they want all evidence to be UK based so that it can be easily verified. Anything contrary to that is a straight decline.

How Ajimobi passed the two lending criteria listed above to own houses worth £450k and £1.95m is unrealistic. What most Nigerians do is pay cash outright or transfer the money from a Naija Bank to the house seller. And in 99% of cases, the cash are from ill-gotten wealth. 

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by Codes151(m): 4:33pm On Jul 02, 2020
olakintanj:

However, I have seen people that worked with oil firms in a management level that have so much funds and investment equivalent or above what Ajimobi declared.
you lie. You haven’t.

You can’t ever have such working in an oil sector. Unless you own an oil well which ud still need stealing and back door to get one.

Stop lying.

Stop defending nonsense.
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by Codes151(m): 4:34pm On Jul 02, 2020
tot:

Don't mind these silly folks. People in the sector know the range of the salaries and bonuses. As if shell is paying 1bn per annum undecided Nonsense
lol. Most people just talk
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by Ayt27(m): 4:34pm On Jul 02, 2020
Kobojunkie:

What has imagination to do with anything? The fact is there, in Nigeria, are people who have worked longer at high positions in the same Shell, Government, who cannot claim to have the same amount [b]SIMPLY FOR WORKING[\b] in those offices

Let me start first with God bless you for this, I had logged off and I had to come back to tell you this.

This man SHOULD NOT be worth that amount because he worked for shell for 26 years. His wealth CANNOT be justified. I do not believe he was worth that amount, was a rich man before venturing into politics, yes he was is he house in UK and US rich with houses in Naija rich.....heck no.

The issue of assumed sentimentality you highlighted, coz he's a bank manager he should have 300M house abi.....very very concrete.

It's this kind of mentality that kills us, this figures at the very best is suspicious.
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by oruma19: 4:34pm On Jul 02, 2020
If this is what he declared, how much then is the daughter worth with these designer bags? Keep deceiving ourselves even in the grave.

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by Jimiyung(m): 4:35pm On Jul 02, 2020
He was MD of national oil (spent 26yrs in the oil sector) before becoming governor. I am sure he had money before.
Oh boy see money! How can we be sure he is worth this much? Abi did he 'amplify' his net worth with the aim of 'filling in the blanks' during his tenure as governor?

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by hush15: 4:35pm On Jul 02, 2020
SAKUR:
Oyo State Governor Abiola Ajimobi on Sunday made public the assets declaration form which he deposed to shortly before his inauguration as governor on May 29.

Making the content of the form public on behalf of his boss, the governor’s Senior Special Assistant on Public Communications, Dr. Festus Adedayo, said the step was in line with Ajimobi’s promise to commence a government that lays store by transparency and accountability in the administration of the state.

Adedayo said the governor deposed to the Assets Declaration Form for Public Officers at the Registry of the State High Court, Ibadan, before Justice Ladiran Akintola, on May 27, 2011, two days before assuming office.

The assets declared, according to him, include cash in local banks, buildings, vehicles, business enterprises and household items.

According to the form filled by the governor, the total amount of cash he has in banks in the country is N292, 432, 107.00 while he has none in any foreign account.

The governor also declared that he had a mansion in Ibadan worth N250m, a building in the same city worth N150m, another one with the value of N300m in Lagos, as well as a detached house worth N300m in Abuja.

He added that he had a flat purchased through mortgage financing worth £450,000 in the United Kingdom, another worth £1.95m, purchased through mortgage in the UK and another house worth $1.5m in the United States of America.

Ajimobi also declared that he owned 131 acres of farm land in a village at the Ido Local Government area of Ibadan worth N150m, two Lagos-based companies, Viz Grandex Nigeria Limited, worth N200m and Network Petroleum Nigeria Limited, worth N260m.

The governor put the worth of all his vehicles at N94.25m and household furniture, which include generating sets and electronics at N25m.

The governor also declared that his wife, Mrs. Florence Ajimobi, possesses a house in Ibadan that is worth N15m and another in Lagos that is worth N250m.

Adedayo said the new government of Oyo State laid great store by probity and accountability, and was of the belief that the patrimony of the people must be guarded jealously as the governor would give account of all that was entrusted in his care, not only to the people of the state who voted for him in the April elections, but to God “the ultimate judge” who would request for an account whenever the governor finishes his assignment on earth.

We want to see his asset declaration before he became governor? Inflated asset declaration list...
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by Jarus(m): 4:35pm On Jul 02, 2020
I have only worked in the oil and gas industry as an employee for 12 years and only became a manager recently, and my company is not one of the top 15 oil companies in Nigeria.

If I get government position today, I have 5 houses (in 3 states) to declare. I'm still in my 30s. It may have reached 7 by 40 (Allah willing).

Guys, this is possible for someone who rose to become CEO of an oil company. And he made this declaration in his 60s.

16 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by Kobojunkie: 4:35pm On Jul 02, 2020
olakintanj:

Really? Are you shitting me? You still believe even the Oyo state man's assets are not worth investigating but useful for making excuses for others? undecided
I am telling you that country is still running down the road to doom if after almost a decade you still have this to offer for reasoning undecided

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by odinga1of: 4:36pm On Jul 02, 2020
SAKUR:

The current Governor also declared his "assets too" and was tagged the richest Governor

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by Codes151(m): 4:37pm On Jul 02, 2020
olajizz01:
But Makinde that declared 50 billions naira add up sha.that means makinde is a big thief compare to Ajumobi
i am beginning to think that this country is survival of the fittest. It is like the only way to stand out is to do something dirty. Makinde can not tell me he has 50b

This is the problem with this country.
If you were worth 50b tru honest means, it means you have an investment that creates jobs and stuff. These people are adding to our countries problems

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 02, 2020
Jarus:
I have only worked in the oil and gas industry for 12 years and only became a manager recently, and my company is not one of the top 15 oil companies in Nigeria.

If I get government position today, I have 5 houses to declare. I'm still in my 30s. It may have reached 7 by 40 (Allah wiling).

Guys, this is possible for someone who rose to become CEO of an oil company. And he made this declaration in his 60s.
Connect me na wink
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by GEEBITE: 4:37pm On Jul 02, 2020
Real facts,absolutely spot on. Mortgage ko, bridge loan ni.
hmm, interesting thread. I can contribute my bit in terms of the UK mortgage as I work in Consumer credits operations and underwrite loans as well. To get a mortgage is very difficult! Even if you have £2million pounds in your account, your credit rating must be Super excellent and you must meet the affordability criteria as well !!! and that means years of living and working on a good job in the UK. If Ajimobi has got no UK Current account and applies for a credit card with just £20 limit, he would be declined. A mortgage is an house loan and bank are very strict when it comes to lending.

two factors to get lending:Affordability and credit score.

Now, how does he pass the affordability criteria, that would depend on the value of the property and how much he earns. If he is an employee, he has to show up to 6months UK bank statement of regular income being paid into that account on specific dates of each month and he has to supply his payslip as well to back that up. If he is self employed, he has to show his UK bank statement as well as 2years audited UK business accounts signed by his UK Accountant. And of course UK passport or visa showing PR. Even t-mobile dey ask for passport before giving you high end contract phone sef, grin

Now the credit check. Even after supplying the items above, you still need an excellent credit rating to succeed and that takes years of living in the UK and you must be on the UK electoral roll as well for at least 3years!!.

I have stressed UK account, UK statements e.t.c because UK banks are very strict in lending and they want all evidence to be UK based so that it can be easily verified. Anything contrary to that is a straight decline.

How Ajimobi passed the two lending criteria listed above to own houses worth £450k and £1.95m is unrealistic. What most Nigerians do is pay cash outright or transfer the money from a Naija Bank to the house seller. And in 99% of cases, the cash are from ill-gotten wealth. 

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by xcelentattitude(m): 4:38pm On Jul 02, 2020
Till date I'm still shocked about his age angry

3 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by Kobojunkie: 4:38pm On Jul 02, 2020
Jarus:
I have only worked in the oil and gas industry as an employee for 12 years and only became a manager recently, and my company is not one of the top 15 oil companies in Nigeria.

If I get government position today, I have 5 houses (in 3 states) to declare. I'm still in my 30s. It may have reached 7 by 40 (Allah wiling).

You have 5 houses in the US and the UK? undecided
You mean in a couple of years, you will be able to spend 10s of millions on elections, and stilll have approximately 300 million left over in your bank account? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by shiwex: 4:39pm On Jul 02, 2020
enyojo:

@Seun, This is where he got his money from

YOU'RE Ignorant. ..Working for shell for 26 years does not mean you're worth the amount he declared........its obvious he inflated how much he was worth so as to steal money.

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by MPESA(m): 4:39pm On Jul 02, 2020
enyojo:

Can't understand how you guys/babes staying overseas view millions and billions in Nigeria.
To have N292.4 mill sitting in a bank account is not as hard as many of you imagine. Most especially when that person in question has been MD?CE of a multi-billion oil Firm. To me, owning a house in UK isnt a heck of a deal.
As for GEJ, he has never been a College professor, he has been a Lecturer in a State University in Rivers state. such a man coming accross that amount is suspect.

You are just running up and down trying to justify something that's not justifiable as if both you worked for that money and properties.
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by phemmyfour: 4:39pm On Jul 02, 2020
sammy329:
smiley smiley
You are the new FtC for re entry of this thread on fp

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Luxurious Collection Of Dino Melaye's Cars (Photos) / Meet Bichi Yusuf Magaji: Biography, Profile Of DSS Boss / Hope Uzodinma With Father Mbaka During The Prophetic Declaration On January 1st

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.