Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? (33937 Views)

Blinken Says NATO Countries Have "Green Light" To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine / Russia Tells EU, NATO To Stop Arms Supplies To Ukraine / Russia Vs Ukraine: What Is SWIFT And Could It Be Used Against Putin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by OgbeniSamm(m): 10:09am On Mar 30, 2022
ojesymsym:
This is a business opportunity for any country willing to risk it.
Act as an intermediary between Russia and the "unfriendly" nations. Collect euros from them, pay Russia in Rubies and keep the profit.

It doesn't work that way.
Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by MT: 10:10am On Mar 30, 2022
BKayy:

The so called "signed contract" was rendered useless when the sanctions started.
Now they have to force Russia the old way to honour it or.......

I am sorry it doesn't work that way. Sanctions and Contract are not related. Russia will pay a heavy fine from Court of Arbitration. What Putin said cannot be enforced.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by Jeromejnr(m): 10:10am On Mar 30, 2022
MT:

Not when signed contract is involved

Lol..I have seen you saying contract, contract here..

You are funny...to which court and how will he answer a so called court after freezing Russian assets...

By the time the guy turns off tap by April...the citizens of EU countries will eat up their politicians...where will be the time for court..

They haven't turned off the gas supply yet and people are already protesting.

You call someone a dictator and you want him to answer court..

13 Likes

Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by Coalhill23(m): 10:10am On Mar 30, 2022
seunny4lif:
Ruble is now less than 90 to Dollar from 135 since Russia made the announcement of Petrol-Ruble.

USA fought and killed many head of states that tried to change from Petrol-Dollar for the past 50 years but in just 3 weeks Biden destroyed that dream by banned Russia from access Dollars.

Hungary PM said Solidarity with Ukraine will not heat or put food on the table for Hungarians, with or without EU, Hungary need gas and no country can provide it for them except Russia.

Russia and China have been looking for way out of Dollar as way of doing businesses but it was hard for them, now they don’t even have to worry about it again.

When we will have United Africa leaders that will do things like this, we can’t be selling our resources Dollars or Euros or Pounds.
We need our own money here, we even if it’s west Africa currency or maybe we should all option for Naira grin or Cedi because CFA is a big NO, France control that money.
We need vision leaders here

Enemies of progress. You want to see U.S fall because you can't fathom the fact of why they are where they are. You love tyrants and dictators, while you hate democracy introduced by the U.S and which other countries are practicing and enjoying, including ours. No wonder our political leaders manipulate the masses with empty words, and gullible ones like you fell for it. This world is a better place to live because of U.S ability to checkmate Russia, China and etc excessively abuse of power.

3 Likes

Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by GistFullGround: 10:11am On Mar 30, 2022
Illuminatiship:
What ever happens na Dem know, Nigeria match pain me yesterday.

My heart was so racy yesterday. After the game it became worse & I had to beg my wife to be checking on me, so I can sleep. Thank God, I am up this morning...

I have resolved NEVER to watch any Nigerian match again!

Can't kill myself for Nigerian football...

4 Likes

Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by MT: 10:11am On Mar 30, 2022
BKayy:

The so called "signed contract" was rendered useless when the sanctions started.
Now they have to force Russia the old way to honour it or.......

Your submission was not valid. There are ways things play out in an international stage.
Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by Illuminatiship(m): 10:16am On Mar 30, 2022
GistFullGround:

My heart was so racy yesterday. After the game it became worse & I had to beg my wife to be checking on me, so I can sleep. Thank God, I am up this morning...

I have resolved NEVER to watch any Nigerian match again!
super he goat sorry eagles match pain me yesterday.
Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by SKIBiNSKI(m): 10:16am On Mar 30, 2022
SlyfoxxjReturns:
it is time. I support it. I am just telling you they will never let it happen.
Yes, you are right they will never ever let it happen, they are already going to Morroco to beg for gas, Morroco that they stopped buying gas from since 2 years ago because they claimed the Morrocans are terrorists. cheesy

Soon they might invade nigeria and cause conflicts in nigeria so as to take over the control of nigerian oil, same way they invaded Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq and Libya. Remember ISIS? The so called terrorist organisation? They have being selling cheap oil to some countries too after they took over some of Syria's oil wells. grin
Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by BKayy: 10:17am On Mar 30, 2022
MT:

Your submission was not valid. There are ways things play out in an international stage.
You are the one that doesn't understand how the world works.

Contract becomes valid when both parties agree. Things become legal tender when all parties agree it is. The civilisation as you call it is general agreement not some kind of supernatural power.

The West rendered the contracts useless when they started the sanctions. You cant tell Russia that you paid for her gas when she can't access the payment due to your sanctions, and secondly, when the payment worth less than what it should be due to your sanction again.

The true definition of payment is when something is exchanged for another of equal value/worth/how hard it is for you to give out. This is where the West is cheating Africa, mandating her to remain in abject poverty without hope of being rescued. Only the Igbo challenged this in Nigeria when they launched Ekumeku campaign that lasted for 30 years.

What I just taught you is something you should have learned in elementary social studies/science/philosophy

Like I said, if the West have any objection to Russia's demand, then they are welcome to go the old way (WAR).

16 Likes

Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by Vado(m): 10:17am On Mar 30, 2022
The assassination of Putin is inevitable. The ironic thing is that I see the Russians doing it themselves.

With this gas ish, talks of denuclearization is dead and buried. No country wouldn't want to be in country of its energy needs going forward. Nuclear or expedited renewable energy is the future.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by MT: 10:18am On Mar 30, 2022
Jeromejnr:

Lol..I have seen you saying contract, contract here..

You are funny...to which court and how will he answer a so called court after freezing Russian assets...

By the time the guy turns off tap by April...the citizens of EU countries will eat up their politicians...where will be the time for court..

They haven't turned off the gas supply yet and people are already protesting.

There are rules that guide countries inter relationship on an international stage. Why did Russia not default on their debts because they have been heavily sanctioned? It does not work that way. There are things that are obligatory that must be fulfilled. Go and read about international politics.
Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by Oddfinder: 10:18am On Mar 30, 2022
Originalsly:
Russia will cut them off. The US is already making plans to step in and getting other countries to do same. The problem is they have the amount but not the delivery infrastructure which will take a longgggg time to set up. Meanwhile ..... Russia will divert supplies to the ever thirsty China and Nigeria will be instructed to increase supply to Europe....or else?
Who will instruct Nigeria to increase production to Europe? Opec?
Do Nigeria even have the capacity to produce more than it output?

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by dustydee: 10:19am On Mar 30, 2022
Illuminatiship:
What ever happens na Dem know, super he-goats match pain me yesterday.
No lie, e still dey pain you.

It was painful sha cry

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by HARBYTRO(m): 10:21am On Mar 30, 2022
ojesymsym:
Act as an intermediary between Russia and the "unfriendly" nations. Collect euros from them, pay Russia in Rubies and keep the profit.

Russia won't allow that
Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by kiddkash(m): 10:21am On Mar 30, 2022
seunny4lif:

I know about CFA-France since 2003 when OBJ tried to make us use ECOWAS money.
but diswan happened last year January
Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by baralatie(m): 10:21am On Mar 30, 2022
MT:

I am sorry it doesn't work that way. Sanctions and Contract are not related. Russia will pay a heavy fine from Court of Arbitration. What Putin said cannot be enforced.
In 5 years time if Europe survives this december
Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by Igbofam: 10:21am On Mar 30, 2022
[quote author=Uptownerd post=111493704][/quote]

The timing for Putin announcing that was wrong. Europe is entering Summer now so wouldn't bother much. Between now and next winter they would have devices an alternative to Russian gas.

The loser would ultimately be Putin. He is unknowingly making them to quickly transition from Russian gas to a more sustainable alternative
Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by SKIBiNSKI(m): 10:22am On Mar 30, 2022
Vado:
The assassination of Putin is inevitable. The ironic thing is that I see the Russians doing it themselves.

With this gas ish, talks of denuclearization is dead and buried. No country wouldn't want to be in country of its energy needs going forward. Nuclear or expedited renewable energy is the future.
No one in Russia would agree to kill Putin, besides, if anything happens to Putin it would make things worst. The EU should resolve the issue with Putin. What is the guarantee that the next Russian president would not be worst than Putin? Russians love Putin anyway.

12 Likes

Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by Temi2468: 10:24am On Mar 30, 2022
After the Super Eagles loss, you people are back with this news again as expected.
Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by baralatie(m): 10:25am On Mar 30, 2022
Igbofam:

The timing for Putin announcing that was wrong. Europe is entering Summer now so wouldn't bother much. Between now and next winter they would have devices an alternative to Russian gas.

The loser would ultimately be Putin. He is unknowingly making them to quickly transition from Russian gas to a more sustainable alternative
Between now and December depression would have kicked into europe
Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by angelfallz(m): 10:26am On Mar 30, 2022
Iraq never had any weapons of mass destruction, it was a lie!

Investigative:
America: we invaded iraq because of weapon of mass destruction
Me:why don't you Invade Russia,they also have weapon of mass destruction
America
Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by Appleyard(m): 10:26am On Mar 30, 2022
seunny4lif:
Ruble is now less than 90 to Dollar from 135 since Russia made the announcement of Petrol-Ruble.

USA fought and killed many head of states that tried to change from Petrol-Dollar for the past 50 years but in just 3 weeks Biden destroyed that dream by banned Russia from access Dollars.

Hungary PM said Solidarity with Ukraine will not heat or put food on the table for Hungarians, with or without EU, Hungary need gas and no country can provide it for them except Russia.

Russia and China have been looking for way out of Dollar as way of doing businesses but it was hard for them, now they don’t even have to worry about it again.

When we will have United Africa leaders that will do things like this, we can’t be selling our resources Dollars or Euros or Pounds.
We need our own money here, we even if it’s west Africa currency or maybe we should all option for Naira grin or Cedi because CFA is a big NO, France control that money.
We need vision leaders here, Oh I forgot all the Africa leaders that have good vision have been killed like Gadaffi, Thomas Sankara etc.
Mali is trying now to start that, but same Africa leaders sanctioned Mali

How Countries are paying in Rubles grin

The Russian Central Bank has now fully back up the Ruble with Hold. 5000 Rubles for 1 gram of Gold. grin Game changer.

6 Likes

Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by jeffoe(m): 10:26am On Mar 30, 2022
babyfaceafrica:
Please why can't USA sell cheap gas like russia? Why is Russia gas the cheapest everywhere
transportation cost. Russia is closer to Europe so requires shorter pipeline. America would have to lay pipeline under water (Atlantic ocean) which is expensive and not viable. The only viable option is to liquefy the gas so has to increase it density (I.e. Carry more quantities) and transport via ship and probably train and then gasification I.e. Turn it back to gas once it reach it destination. This additional cost of liquefaction and gasification with shipping makes it more expensive

3 Likes

Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by SKIBiNSKI(m): 10:26am On Mar 30, 2022
egbedox:
Russia is indeed a very powerful Nation. They are so consequential that the NATO/EU cannot just do without the product Russia offer.
Same goes to everyman. When you have a lot to offer, people will not neglect you
correct! Russia is king! grin

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by InoGetJoy: 10:26am On Mar 30, 2022
Johnrake69:
They might try to invade Russia. Europeans can’t stand hardship
That'll be the end of the world as we know it

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by InoGetJoy: 10:27am On Mar 30, 2022
ojesymsym:
An Igbo adage says, "ala adịghị mma wụ uru ndị nze". It means that no matter how bad a situation is, some people can still make money from it
Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by SKIBiNSKI(m): 10:28am On Mar 30, 2022
jeffoe:
transportation cost. Russia is closer to Europe so requires shorter pipeline. America would have to lay pipeline under water (Atlantic ocean) which is expensive and not viable. The only viable option is to liquefy the gas so has to increase it density (I.e. Carry more quantities) via ship and probably train and then gasification I.e. Turn it back to gas once it reach it destination. This additional cost of liquefaction and gasification with shipping makes it more expensive
You are brilliant! The EU need Russia they can keep pretending they don't.

5 Likes

Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by seunny4lif(m): 10:28am On Mar 30, 2022
kiddkash:

but diswan happened last year January
Yes, I was pointing how long we have been trying but those mumu French speakers are the problem
Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by InoGetJoy: 10:29am On Mar 30, 2022
JosephXavier:
This is a part I really like

Since EU had their own currency,the should trade in Euros

Africa needs to develop their own domestic currency just like the Europeans have done likewise other continents

This cuurency is what should be used to between African countries

Exactly what Gaddafi proposed but he was murdered by the West for that

3 Likes

Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by Igbofam: 10:29am On Mar 30, 2022
baralatie:

Between now and December depression would have kicked into europe

That is actually not true. How and why would Europe be in depression when they would be saving their money and not spending it on Russian gas?

The one facing imminent depression and well on their way to it is Russia
Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by seunny4lif(m): 10:29am On Mar 30, 2022
Appleyard:

The Russian Central Bank has now fully back up the Ruble with Hold. 5000 Rubles for 1 gram of Gold. grin Game changer.
Can we have that in Nigeria shocked
Re: Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? by angelfallz(m): 10:30am On Mar 30, 2022
Russia is self sufficient in Energy(oil and gas), food production(highest exporter of wheat, soybeans etc)

egbedox:
Russia is indeed a very powerful Nation. They are so consequential that the NATO/EU cannot just do without the product Russia offer.
Same goes to everyman. When you have a lot to offer, people will not neglect you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties / Donald Trump's Supporters Pray & Speak In Tongues At Clark County / Uganda Bans Female Public Servants From Showing Cleavage In The Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.