Stats: 3,151,355 members, 7,812,009 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria (31582 Views)

Radiography Vs Pharmacy. Which Is More Lucrative / Pharmacy Vs Nursing: Which Is More Lucrative? / Charity Bassey, Airport Cleaner Returns $6000 (N2M) She Found In The Toilet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria by thorpido(m): 5:27pm On Mar 30, 2022
frowland:

How can 2M take you to Europe?
Maybe not all inclusive.If he has a Visa already and has somewhere to put up N2M can take him.
Re: With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria by kennyholms2: 5:29pm On Mar 30, 2022
I will advise you start small business online or do food stuff business with about 500k then keep 1.5m for fix to enable you gather up to 3m to proceed with travelling stuff, because this country doesn't have any future for us like this. Don't invest all the 2m so won't regret it, even government agencies can somehow disappoint business owners with different bills.
Re: With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria by frowland(m): 5:29pm On Mar 30, 2022
thorpido:
Maybe not all inclusive.If he has a Visa already and has somewhere to put up N2M can take him.

Ah, okay.
Re: With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria by dasparrow: 5:31pm On Mar 30, 2022
KIDfurniture:
Abroad no easy anymore. It was in the 80s up to 90s abroad sweet. Lately even the whites wants the job blacks re doing. Every where is hard in the world. Open ur drug store and bakery jeje o.

Well said. Tiwatope, I hope you are listening.

Re: With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria by BigDawsNet: 5:35pm On Mar 30, 2022
Investorsci:

Oil dey head.
Best advise so far.

I am also looking forward to japa.I will sure take your advice

Becareful
That analysis is for tourist visa

You will probably not be able to rent house on temporary visa

Getting a job may probably be impossible especially in EU with visit

If you get people back home to support u while u move...its fine
Re: With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria by Card7: 5:37pm On Mar 30, 2022
alphaconde:
run to europe

if u open the pharmacy u will surely do well

but

one day u will go to kaduna by rail and can be killed
one day u can argue with police or soldier and may get shot
one day u can post the truth about our politicians and DSS may jail u forever
one day u will travel and herdsmen may kidnap u for ransom.

i can go on and on

the reason why people with good cash balance and business leave this country is nothing else other than an assured future.

same reason i will leave

The way you said run �
Re: With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria by rolams(m): 5:41pm On Mar 30, 2022
Tiwatope1:
Good day Nairalanders!
I need to make an informed decision.
I have a Capital of 2M , should I open a pharmacy/ chemist in Nigeria or Move to Europe,I also have baking skills.
I'm confused on which part to follow
P.s I'm not a pharmacist but experienced in that field.

If you are a pharmacist, open a pharmacy but if not, invest in agriculture.
Re: With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria by pinkygurl(f): 5:44pm On Mar 30, 2022
Tboymessiah:

NasoLifeBe!!!

Omo they run the chemist shop and then register for one nursing school for ur area, after garther money and move to Europe.
Re: With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria by Jsaviour(f): 5:50pm On Mar 30, 2022
Tiwatope1:
Good day Nairalanders!
I have a Capital of 2M , should I open a pharmacy/ chemist in Nigeria or Move to Europe,I also have baking skills.

I know it's possibly an agent who want to scam you or people who doesn't know what's up that made you think 2m can take you to Europe. 2m can't take you anywhere serious.

And I won't also advise you use that money for a business you haven't tried before or business with expiry dated products. I will advise you change the money to dollar and keep then get trained on how to successfully run a pharmacy business (intern with a pharmacy) If you haven't done so.

But if you understand the business well, then start the business.

Your bakery skill is also a huge plus for you and a better business if I am to say. You can start a mini bakery, startegically promote the hell out of it using online tools and also offline and expand from there. You will be surprised to see that you can get a supply order online that will change your life.

2m is huge money but not for travel purpose.
School fees deposit alone if you want to go through that means will swallow the whole 2m before you even talk of visa and others.

I wish you the best!!

By the way, coming here to ask for financial or business advice is not always the best because you might end up getting more confused smiley
Re: With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria by Exodora: 5:50pm On Mar 30, 2022
As you are setting up the pharmacy business attach soft drinks and bottle water selling to it make sure you have a good refrigerator and a generator to power steady light.
Re: With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria by dasparrow: 5:54pm On Mar 30, 2022
Tiwatope1:
Good day Nairalanders!

I won't discourage anyone from migrating but you have to be realistic. First of all, 2 million Naira is a very small sum of money once you change it into hard currency. Rent is expensive abroad and food prices have been climbing. Your money will be gone before you know it.

Secondly, with what visa do you intend to come with? Nowadays, if you come on a tourist visa with the intention to overstay, you will just suffer. Other countries of the world are not like Nigeria where foreigners can just wander in, buy keke nepep and start making a living. In the abroad, if you don't have your papers, e go red for you. You need to show proof that you are legal in that country to even open a bank account.

Another thing to take into account is how the pandemic has affected life in general here abroad. Except you are into information technology (IT) or in healthcare like nursing, getting a job will be tough. Moreover, Immigration laws are constantly changing and getting stricter, there is the problem of backlogs with immigration departments because workers are out sick due to corona and whatever else.

Lately, these oyibo countries are prioritizing Ukraine refugees instead because they are white. A lot of white countries are not generally keen on Black immigrants and that is just the truth. So, it takes time to even get your papers and how are you planning to survive until you get your papers?

When you talk of hustle, if you do anything illegally in those western nations, na deportation straight. They are not playing. Bottom line, open your business in Nigeria or perhaps a neighboring African country and make your money jeje or continue with what you were doing that gave you that 2 Million Naira you have been able to save. This is my sincere advice to you as a fellow Nigerian who is legally residing in the diaspora AKA the abroad. Take it or leave it.
Re: With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria by Charly68: 5:55pm On Mar 30, 2022
thorpido:
If you were a pharmacist,I'll say move to Europe and try to find work.If you go to Europe,what do you plan to go and do there?

Your best option for now is to set up a chemist and run a bakery if you can together.
Fantastic counsel
Re: With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria by osteenbush(m): 5:57pm On Mar 30, 2022
Baba Europe pure pass

Re: With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria by Voiceofthestree: 6:00pm On Mar 30, 2022
CaptMarvel:
shocked I'm not sure 2M is enough to relocate to Europe and be comfortable, nah nah!

Use your 2million to start a well established profitable online business in Nigeria that will pay you in dollars monthly.
Ranging from
Affiliate marketing,
YouTube,
Digital webstore,
Forex etc!

All the best.

Awon general adviser

Re: With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria by Voiceofthestree: 6:06pm On Mar 30, 2022
Forget stupid advice just go to Europe than money will take you to Europe and you will cover you for fews month app for tourists monthly entry you can renew after 3month for another 90days if you know your way you stay as long as you want package deh
Re: With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria by Voiceofthestree: 6:08pm On Mar 30, 2022
If you open pharmacy store within 6 month you don cripple the money finish.... Food stuff, transport, house, light bill, etc the economy not suitable for investors if you deh afraid borrow me the 2m I will give you 3m after 12month
Re: With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria by Jagunlabiodua: 6:09pm On Mar 30, 2022
2m will get you into Europe well, You just have to look for a job and even if it's minimum wage you are good to go and build up with time. Seriously the money is more than enough to relocate to Europe.
kindakuz:

Wish I know where u dey make I come stone u... see as u dey talk like say he dey easy like that

Re: With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria by LastProphet: 6:10pm On Mar 30, 2022
Which Europe are you going with 2M? Is it Afghanistan Europe abi the real Europe?
Re: With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria by geunik(m): 6:15pm On Mar 30, 2022
Abilistic:
Can that 2m comfortably take you to Europe?

As a pharmacist, that 2m cannot open a community pharmacy in Nigeria today. Except chemist
Re: With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 30, 2022
EdgarBounce:
Convert that your 2 million naira to Euros. You will see the answer

Wisdom no go Kee you grin grin grin
Re: With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 30, 2022
thorpido:
People start small.Most chemists are in front of a house.The bakery Is most times done from the house too.....just a small place at the back of the house.All he needs initially is an oven.
When you want to criticize,think wide.

Mr small starter, I asked you one very small question. Do you know the least price for a standard oven that bakes bread? And where in God's name did you get the idea that you can set up a bakery in a small residential apartment? Some of you just cook up unrealistic and somewhat stupendous business theories that are not practically feasible all in a bid to sound smart.

You think say to open and run bakery na to sell provision store? Even if you decide to buy the kitchen electric/gas oven which costs about 215K now, that shit doesn't bake bread for commercial purposes cause it burns the bread no matter how good a baker you are. You can basically just use it for lighter snacks like pies, rolls and the lots.

So again, where did you get the notion that you can use a 2million naira to set up a chemist and a bakery?
Re: With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria by oodua1stson: 6:41pm On Mar 30, 2022
Tiwatope1:
Good day Nairalanders!
I don't think 2 million is enough oo. But if you can leave by all possible means please leave
Re: With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria by thorpido(m): 6:42pm On Mar 30, 2022
Buddha3:

Mr small starter, I asked you one very small question. Do you know the least price for a standard oven that bakes bread? And where in God's name did you get the idea that you can set up a bakery in a small residential apartment? Some of you just cook up unrealistic and somewhat stupendous business theories that are not practically feasible all in a bid to sound smart.

You think say to open and run bakery na to sell provision store? Even if you decide to buy the kitchen electric/gas oven which costs about 215K now, that shit doesn't bake bread for commercial purposes cause it burns the bread no matter how good a baker you are. You can basically just use it for lighter snacks like pies, rolls and the lots.

So again, where did you get the notion that you can use a 2million naira to set up a chemist and a bakery?
Ask the Op what he intends to bake.He never mentioned what.There are people who bake cakes and snacks.That N2M is enough to set him up.
The guy who supplies bread to sellers around my area has his bakery behind his house.I have been there and I can tell you N1M is enough to set up what he has.Most of what he uses are fabricated local materials.We are not talking about setting up a bakery at Ikoyi. angry

When you start to blow big grammar.... stupendous business theories bla bla bla...... i say to you again....... think wide!
Re: With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria by Angelacruz: 6:57pm On Mar 30, 2022
Two million can not start a standard pharmacy...saying this from my cousin's experience.
thorpido:
If you were a pharmacist,I'll say move to Europe and try to find work.If you go to Europe,what do you plan to go and do there?

Your best option for now is to set up a chemist and run a bakery if you can together.
Re: With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria by thorpido(m): 7:02pm On Mar 30, 2022
Angelacruz:
Two million can not start a standard pharmacy...saying this from my cousin's experience.
We're not talking standard here.Most are chemist shops in front of a residential building.

Re: With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria by AkhereOkaka(m): 7:22pm On Mar 30, 2022
EdgarBounce:
Convert that your 2 million naira to Euros. You will see the answer

Considering the current exchange rate, two million naira is less that four thousand euro.

You've answered him aptly, God bless you

We rise by lifting others
Re: With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria by Rick9(m): 7:23pm On Mar 30, 2022
Open pharmacy and in few years you would have made more money, that way you can comfortably travel to Europe with so much money.
Re: With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 30, 2022
thorpido:
Ask the Op what he intends to bake.He never mentioned what.There are people who bake cakes and snacks.That N2M is enough to set him up.
The guy who supplies bread to sellers around my area has his bakery behind his house.I have been there and I can tell you N1M is enough to set up what he has.Most of what he uses are fabricated local materials.We are not talking about setting up a bakery at Ikoyi. angry

When you start to blow big grammar.... stupendous business theories bla bla bla...... i say to you again....... think wide!

Oga, the guy who supplies bread around your area set up his bakery with fabricated local materials with about 1million naira, according to you, but certainly not this year. And I couldn't help but notice you've particularly failed to answer my one question to you: do you know how much a bread oven (even one made with fabricated local materials) costs now?

You're telling me to ask the OP what he wants to bake when you're the one who suggested he goes into bakery. And because you know next to nothing about the business you're pushing another person to invest his small sum in, you dey dance samba around the simple question wey I ask you.

Think wide, think wide, na so you go make person pikin go flush him money inside drain. Na motivational speakers like you dey put people for trouble.

You sound like someone who's still feeding off the pockets of guardians. Cause if you had any sort of exposure to today's reality, you go sabi say wetin been dey cost 1K as at even August last year is now 2,300 or 2,500. Be pushing someone to do unrealistic experiments with his money. Think wide koh! Think deep ni!

Re: With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria by jerosman2: 7:30pm On Mar 30, 2022
You are still asking? Better ran leave this country oo.
Re: With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria by NairaMaster1(m): 7:43pm On Mar 30, 2022
Tiwatope1:
Good day Nairalanders!

2M cannot open a pharmacy. If you are not a pharmacist half of that money will go int registration aside rentage.
Re: With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria by endyjc: 7:48pm On Mar 30, 2022
Japa my brother... No waste time abeg!!
Re: With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria by bowale21(f): 7:50pm On Mar 30, 2022
Naira is useless so converting that money won't do much.
You can't open pharmacy without licence, is only chemist you can do but bear in mind council people will disturb you for bribe .
By the time you pay shop rent,furniture and other things the money is reducing, business is not funny in Nigeria now. I have a shop as side hustle and I can tell you running it is not funny especially this Lagos, different levy and bills.

Since you're in health field, start application for UK healthcare jobs. Download the list of registered NHS agency from UKVI website and start applying. Create resume and register on indeed,tracjobs, healthjobsuk.com, carehome.co.uk ,reed and jobs.nhs.uk.
Take it as full time job and send your applications, you can watch youtube also check the thread on it here.It won't be easy but try your best .

However, learn IT skills and work remotely to gather funds and relocate legally if you don't want healthcare pathway. Then you have option of study route to Canada,Sweden,UK,Australia e.t.c

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt / Thread For May 2021 BCS Certificate Exam / HND Accountancy Vs BSc Accounting

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55