Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,852 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. (39061 Views)

Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? / My Husband Nearly Beat Me To Death Because I Denied Him Sex - Happiness Omonogor / Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Wakins(m): 1:00am On Mar 31, 2022
You have time to cook o, i will just find fast food joint and do my thing

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by godofuck231: 1:44am On Mar 31, 2022
Just for once you have been in the shoes of a woman and you take disciplinary judgment against your wife so quick as pan, have you seen it from the angle that she could be pregnant, woman became terribly crazy when pregnant, or on her period,
Or at least show your management skills in handling your home and cooking for one night , more a week , and get up in the morning and greet her good morning love and see how her conscience stirs ,
The samurai as fierce as they were were obliged as to some house chores as a relief of their everyday life as feudal lords and warlords, they were involved in literature , acting performance, tea ceremonies and crafts ,
Dont see this as an insult , move on and be at peace

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by wallarwallar(m): 2:37am On Mar 31, 2022
Na man u be 3 gbosa 4 u bt u go soon scatter ur home and u go also run come nairaland 4 advice. Jst one night she said she dey tire na hin u act like buhari like dis. Continue ..... All dose wey dey hail u are all single boys wey no get exprience and if u ask dem abt dere papa and mama na mute den go dey.. Alaye sometime u act as if it does not matter bt wen it become normal u can react in a mature way dat will make ur wife realise her mistake bt nt d one that wud result to confrontation.. In marriage we learn till we die on daily basis no be small thing bro. PEACE

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Elporo(m): 4:35am On Mar 31, 2022
Animegirl:
You started a war, hope you won't come back with another story. I pray you finish what you start grin

I don't think you men really appreciate what your wives do at home. Just this single act of pretense, you decide to starve your wife because she refuse to cook. Anyway, I hope you and your wife settle your differences with "small talks".

She can start divorce proceedings.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by bigcee(m): 4:44am On Mar 31, 2022
Animegirl:
You started a war, hope you won't come back with another story. I pray you finish what you start grin

I don't think you men really appreciate what your wives do at home. Just this single act of pretense, you decide to starve your wife because she refuse to cook. Anyway, I hope you and your wife settle your differences with "small talks".
I am not surprised that you didn't condemn the rubbish the wife did. Na toto una dey take think undecided

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by bigcee(m): 4:53am On Mar 31, 2022
motymop:

What you did was wrong.

If your wife did that to you, you would have said she was evil.

Stop trying to seek validation and support for this foolish stuff, i know you are filled with guilt that is why you are looking for online support .

The main aim of marriage is support and you failed there.

So cooking a meal reduces your masculinity.
Oga, did you read the part where the wife was shouting at him that she can't cook, she said she ain't eating. I'll gladly cook for the family anytime my wife is down. But in this case the woman needs to be disciplined and I love what the op did.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by bigcee(m): 4:55am On Mar 31, 2022
Techsupport:

Mr manly. You did not answer my question. Did you cook all the food they you have eaten in your house. Have there been times that you were watching football and your wife made food for you. Tit for tat makes life smooth. You did not marry a slave.... or maybe you did, one of those poverty alleviation marriages undecided
Are you trying to advice the op or insult him. Wtf is "poverty alleviation marriages?". Na wa o!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Mercury12(m): 5:07am On Mar 31, 2022
yinkaOdutuyo:
So the main issue that led to me denying her food this night.

I asked her for the two of us to go and get ingredients for food, she said she's having serious headache so I went alone.

When I came back I washed the rice and put it on fire and I also start grinding the pepper and tomatoes with manual grinder.

After few minutes when the rice was done I asked my wife to go and put down the rice from fire, and fried the stew afterwards.

She just started shouting she's so tired, her head is hot and making hefty sounds inside that she can't stand up from this bed.

I insisted and she went to put the rice down and off the gas, instead of her to start frying the stew. She just came and meet me on the bed.

And she started shouting I didn't tell you am hungry, am not even eating this night at all. Do whatever you want to do, I'll never stand up to make any stew in this house. If you want to eat go and make the stew yourself.

I just stood up and enter the kitchen to make the stew. As I was making the stew, my wife that said she's not feeling fine was busy watching film om her phone. She complained earlier that her head is hefty and aching her that she can't stand up from the bed, but she stood up and start looking for the BT Audio to connect to her phone so that she'll be able to hear the film audio very well.

Immediately I finished making thr stew, I served the food on the table and the next my wife wanted to stood up from the bed to join on the table so that we can eat.

I just told her that You can never eat from this food this night and tomorrow morning, because you were the one that said you were not hungry that I was troubling you to make food.

I also told her that the headache allow you br watching films and also allow you to be looking for BT Audio. But denied you to cook for me.

So house I want to know if this is right or wrong pls or what can I do.

Sometime some people gotta learn the hard way to make changes in their life.

So you did the logical and the right thing. . . I would do same

Las las, husband and wife matter
Una go settle am but let her know some rules and boundaries pls so this won't happen again

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Mercury12(m): 5:18am On Mar 31, 2022
Iyaebe:
You are not matured,hope you’ll never ask for sex from her again. If I’m her I’ll deny you sex till I decide to let go for making me starve just because I acted silly . I hate tit for tat partners

You talk too fast. Sex is the cheapest thing these days and most time men can even choose to get it without paying for it. .. Don't make that move. It is a wrong move.

I believe in marriage everyone should play their roles. Simple as ABC

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Contekbbc: 5:55am On Mar 31, 2022
yinkaOdutuyo:

So it's a good thing for a man to be cooking and he's wife is watching films right?

If cool to you, you and your wife can swap man

@ Op
I thought you asked for people's opinion on what you wrote up there,
Why fighting anyone that tells you the right thing to do
If you didn't need opinion,you can easily delete those things and forget this shit.

Why will you deny your woman food because she didn't partake in the cooking.

How will you feel,if she tells you the same .
Has she not been cooking all these while?

But seriously,some women deserve people like you.
Is this a marriage or contract?
Are you even a Man?

May my children never see or meet your kind IJMN

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by DaInferno(m): 6:30am On Mar 31, 2022
Try make you dey compassionate and exercise empathy at times. If she us not feeling well, cook and feed her, stop all these beige it gets out of hand. Nothing bad like sey you starve person, worse, your own wife. C'mon, yall 16?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Blunttruth: 6:34am On Mar 31, 2022
yinkaOdutuyo:

I asked her for the two of us to go and get ingredients for food, she said she's having serious headache so I went alone.

When I came back I washed the rice and put it on fire and I also start grinding the pepper and tomatoes with manual grinder.

After few minutes when the rice was done I asked my wife to go and put down the rice from fire, and fried the stew afterwards.

She just started shouting she's so tired, her head is hot and making hefty sounds inside that she can't stand up from this bed.

I insisted and she went to put the rice down and off the gas, instead of her to start frying the stew. She just came and meet me on the bed.

And she started shouting I didn't tell you am hungry, am not even eating this night at all. Do whatever you want to do, I'll never stand up to make any stew in this house. If you want to eat go and make the stew yourself.

I just stood up and enter the kitchen to make the stew. As I was making the stew, my wife that said she's not feeling fine was busy watching film om her phone. She complained earlier that her head is hefty and aching her that she can't stand up from the bed, but she stood up and start looking for the BT Audio to connect to her phone so that she'll be able to hear the film audio very well.

Immediately I finished making thr stew, I served the food on the table and the next my wife wanted to stood up from the bed to join on the table so that we can eat.

I just told her that You can never eat from this food this night and tomorrow morning, because you were the one that said you were not hungry that I was troubling you to make food.

I also told her that the headache allow you br watching films and also allow you to be looking for BT Audio. But denied you to cook for me.

For you to be coming here to ask shows that your conscience tells you, you did wrong. I guess you don't have kids yet. The best way to punish her was to allow her eat after eating then you can talk to her. If she is not feeling fine get her drugs to take. Then watch what will happen. I believe she will be too ashamed of herself to try it. In marriage you take care of eachother.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by spice123(m): 6:34am On Mar 31, 2022
yinkaOdutuyo:

All the people here praising you for your actions are not married. Even if they are, they do not understand what marriage is. You and your wife are one flesh. How can you be hurting yourself? You promised to love and take care of your wife and you really showed it (in the negative). This is all shades of wrong my brother. Love wins in all situation. Now, what if you guys go to bed and you did not wake up (God forbid). What will you tell your maker?

4 Likes

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by yinkaOdutuyo: 6:37am On Mar 31, 2022
siofra:
You're very wrong.

You're the one supposed to be cooking for your wife sef. angry

To all moniker saying have I ever helped her before this is for you below:

BTW I have cooked many times in the house, there are times she'll go to work before she comes back I'll have prepare good foods, that will atimes takes me 2 or more hours to prepare and she'll come back and eat and smile and say thank you. I use to get home between 5pm and 6pm latest, while she'll be coming home by 7pm, 8pm or latter.

At times the two of us may be at home and I'll be the only one cooking, while she'll just lie down watching films or doing another thing while I do the while cooking.

I think I have being helpful to her in cooking and other chores in the house. There are many times I'll be the one washing all the clothes in the house, while she's sleeping or doing something else.

I literally do almost 80% of everything in the house if not more than.

But me doing all those doesn't mean am a fool or I don't know what am doing.

Bit I think as a man you have to man up.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by yinkaOdutuyo: 6:38am On Mar 31, 2022
Techsupport:
I guess this is what makes Nigerian men feel like men when the exercise dominance and control over their wives.
All the food that she has given you to eat, did you participate in cooking all of them.

Are u even in a marriage or a contract.

BTW I have cooked many times in the house, there are times she'll go to work before she comes back I'll have prepare good foods, that will atimes takes me 2 or more hours to prepare and she'll come back and eat and smile and say thank you. I use to get home between 5pm and 6pm latest, while she'll be coming home by 7pm, 8pm or latter.

At times the two of us may be at home and I'll be the only one cooking, while she'll just lie down watching films or doing another thing while I do the while cooking.

I think I have being helpful to her in cooking and other chores in the house. There are many times I'll be the one washing all the clothes in the house, while she's sleeping or doing something else.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by yinkaOdutuyo: 6:38am On Mar 31, 2022
LordIsaac:

It is to get ready, you have set a very bad precedence....and women....hmmmm. I will advise you sit her down and discuss the issue and agree on the way forward.
If I were you, I'd rather eat out than complete the cooking and deny her of it.

2 Likes

Animegirl:

2 Likes

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by yinkaOdutuyo: 6:39am On Mar 31, 2022
motymop:

What you did was wrong.

If your wife did that to you, you would have said she was evil.

Stop trying to seek validation and support for this foolish stuff, i know you are filled with guilt that is why you are looking for online support .

The main aim of marriage is support and you failed there.

So cooking a meal reduces your masculinity.

1 Like

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by yinkaOdutuyo: 6:40am On Mar 31, 2022
criuze:
I understand you well,

And I'm really fixing myself in your shoe, so I realise I could do such

Despite that, I consider it a mistake,
If your wife has been cooking all this while, your love for her would have permitted you to do the cookings tonight

That's how a home is run
I'm the eldest in my family and I could remember how my younger siblings taunt my order to cook

But at the end of the day I cook, sometimes they cook also

be grateful to God, for there's a food to cook

Many families don't have it at such

Therefore, let her eat tonight and in the morning too

Don't let that ego come in

And I don't need to mention you needn't harbour vexation for your lovely wife over flimsy matter till the sunrise

Remember she's like your younger sister too

1 Like

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by LordIsaac(m): 6:59am On Mar 31, 2022
yinkaOdutuyo:

You are correct. It's just that what if she decides to revenge? I'm just concerned about the circle of things. I hope she loves you enough not to want to harm you. That's why I said you should get ready.

3 Likes

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by criuze(m): 7:05am On Mar 31, 2022
360degreess:
...MR. SIMP-SON YOU GAVE HIM A WRONG ADVISE

We all gotta be sort of simps when you ask a woman's hand in marriage

You rather be a simp if being alpha male will send your marriage down the drainage

Let's watch how new generations ruin their marriages trying to prove gender dominace

The old people said you marry a wife with one eye closed

I hope they're all simps because they've made lasting families than the non simps of today

2 Likes

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by criuze(m): 7:07am On Mar 31, 2022
yinkaOdutuyo:

You are trying anyway

I equally encourage you find a house help

Maybe a little girl from a village
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Cutehector(m): 7:11am On Mar 31, 2022
Marriage na your mate? cheesy As a young man like me, i've been managing my BP and i dont want any woman that would cause me to die before my time from excess worrying and talking to myself.

I so much value peace of mind a whole lot and i wish a woman can understand that and not make it any harder for me. If i am not disposed to call, let her understand that she has to reach out to me to know whats up rather than nagging as to why i havent called her.

Is this too much to ask for?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by zexy2030(m): 7:17am On Mar 31, 2022
siofra:
You're very wrong.

You r mad.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by my3name(m): 7:20am On Mar 31, 2022
Techsupport:
I guess this is what makes Nigerian men feel like men when the exercise dominance and control over their wives.
All the food that she has given you to eat, did you participate in cooking all of them.

Are u even in a marriage or a contract.
Mumu grin grin
Shebi you no read the other part of the story
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by yinkaOdutuyo: 7:22am On Mar 31, 2022
LordIsaac:

You are correct. It's just that what if she decides to revenge? I'm just concerned about the circle of things. I hope she loves you enough not to want to harm you. That's why I said you should get ready.

Revenge like hold her virginal and say noe sex?
Sex is the cheapest to get in Nigeria or even free.

Or she'll stop cooking in the house, then she'll never eat again in the house.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by zexy2030(m): 7:26am On Mar 31, 2022
yinkaOdutuyo:

The reason you came here to enquire is showing the depth of love you have for ur wife and u r doing everything to make her happy but I see something..

I see
1. She is major provider in that home.
2. She has seen how lovely you have been as husband and you are petty.
3. She is in control of the home, I don't how actually, perhaps because of her contributions.
4. She is sending a rude message to go and pay her bride price, if not done.
5. She has heard a rumour that informed her behaviour.
6. Lastly, she is doing that because she has started comparing.

You have done well. No harm in what you have done. She is not pregnant, she is not physically disabled, just headache and couldn't finish up cooking.

She is provoking the demon of violence in you.

What to do, just forgive and move on, women are tempters..if no be for woman, adam for no taste the forbidden fruit.

Well, I see nothing

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by LordIsaac(m): 7:27am On Mar 31, 2022
yinkaOdutuyo:

Revenge like hold her virginal and say noe sex?
Sex is the cheapest to get in Nigeria or even free.

Or she'll stop cooking in the house, then she'll never eat again in the house.
All of the above and more inclusive. So, where does this leave the poor soul? It is not easy to pull down your home over unfinished cooking.
The mistake was how he handled her from the beginning. I'm afraid she's losing respect for him.

1 Like

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by EmzyT: 7:27am On Mar 31, 2022
[s]
siofra:
You're very wrong.

[/s]

Senseless attention seeking Clown!

3 Likes

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Dickson178(m): 7:29am On Mar 31, 2022
Try to talk to her , please don't treat her as a slave. Well I don't know how harsh you're. But try talk to her , cus the children are watching, STOP TREATING HER LIKE A SLAVE!

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 7:46am On Mar 31, 2022
siofra:
You're very wrong.

sioFRAUD! cool

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

My Wife Absconded With Our Kids / Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them / What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.