Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,376 members, 7,819,367 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. (39094 Views)

Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? / My Husband Nearly Beat Me To Death Because I Denied Him Sex - Happiness Omonogor / Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by freemi(m): 8:45am On Mar 31, 2022
siofra:

Nothing wrong with that. Especially if they are house husbands.
children full here o
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by almarthins(m): 8:45am On Mar 31, 2022
yinkaOdutuyo:
So the main issue that led to me denying her food this night.

I asked her for the two of us to go and get ingredients for food, she said she's having serious headache so I went alone.

When I came back I washed the rice and put it on fire and I also start grinding the pepper and tomatoes with manual grinder.

After few minutes when the rice was done I asked my wife to go and put down the rice from fire, and fried the stew afterwards.

She just started shouting she's so tired, her head is hot and making hefty sounds inside that she can't stand up from this bed.

I insisted and she went to put the rice down and off the gas, instead of her to start frying the stew. She just came and meet me on the bed.

And she started shouting I didn't tell you am hungry, am not even eating this night at all. Do whatever you want to do, I'll never stand up to make any stew in this house. If you want to eat go and make the stew yourself.

I just stood up and enter the kitchen to make the stew. As I was making the stew, my wife that said she's not feeling fine was busy watching film om her phone. She complained earlier that her head is hefty and aching her that she can't stand up from the bed, but she stood up and start looking for the BT Audio to connect to her phone so that she'll be able to hear the film audio very well.

Immediately I finished making thr stew, I served the food on the table and the next my wife wanted to stood up from the bed to join on the table so that we can eat.

I just told her that You can never eat from this food this night and tomorrow morning, because you were the one that said you were not hungry that I was troubling you to make food.

I also told her that the headache allow you br watching films and also allow you to be looking for BT Audio. But denied you to cook for me.

So house I want to know if this is right or wrong pls or what can I do.

To all moniker saying have I ever helped her before this is for you below:

BTW I have cooked many times in the house, there are times she'll go to work before she comes back I'll have prepare good foods, that will atimes takes me 2 or more hours to prepare and she'll come back and eat and smile and say thank you. I use to get home between 5pm and 6pm latest, while she'll be coming home by 7pm, 8pm or latter.

At times the two of us may be at home and I'll be the only one cooking, while she'll just lie down watching films or doing another thing while I do the while cooking.

I think I have being helpful to her in cooking and other chores in the house. There are many times I'll be the one washing all the clothes in the house, while she's sleeping or doing something else.

I literally do almost 80% of everything in the house if not more than.

But me doing all those doesn't mean am a fool or I don't know what am doing.

Bit I think as a man you have to man up.

If no be say I respect u as a man, I for call you "house boy". She is now exploiting Ur kindness and patience as weakness. Na so women just dey, if u give dem small space, them go control u, manipulate and ditch u in d end.

You have not done bad at all. Omo declare Ur place as d man of the house, if you re the breadwinner but if u r not. No take my advice at all, just dey manage am dey go like that.

2 Likes

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Therealjosh1992: 8:46am On Mar 31, 2022
yinkaOdutuyo:

Ok ma. If so be it. May all your children be the ones to be cooking for their wives.
Gosh!..see the likes, how more toxic can we be as a people, that your wife doesn't feel strong to cook is too much for you to understand.and that's a marriage you both enjoy?.. well well
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Born2Breed(f): 8:46am On Mar 31, 2022
yinkaOdutuyo:

I asked her for the two of us to go and get ingredients for food, she said she's having serious headache so I went alone.

When I came back I washed the rice and put it on fire and I also start grinding the pepper and tomatoes with manual grinder.

After few minutes when the rice was done I asked my wife to go and put down the rice from fire, and fried the stew afterwards.

She just started shouting she's so tired, her head is hot and making hefty sounds inside that she can't stand up from this bed.

I insisted and she went to put the rice down and off the gas, instead of her to start frying the stew. She just came and meet me on the bed.

And she started shouting I didn't tell you am hungry, am not even eating this night at all. Do whatever you want to do, I'll never stand up to make any stew in this house. If you want to eat go and make the stew yourself.

I just stood up and enter the kitchen to make the stew. As I was making the stew, my wife that said she's not feeling fine was busy watching film om her phone. She complained earlier that her head is hefty and aching her that she can't stand up from the bed, but she stood up and start looking for the BT Audio to connect to her phone so that she'll be able to hear the film audio very well.

Immediately I finished making thr stew, I served the food on the table and the next my wife wanted to stood up from the bed to join on the table so that we can eat.

I just told her that You can never eat from this food this night and tomorrow morning, because you were the one that said you were not hungry that I was troubling you to make food.

I also told her that the headache allow you br watching films and also allow you to be looking for BT Audio. But denied you to cook for me.

BTW I have cooked many times in the house, there are times she'll go to work before she comes back I'll have prepare good foods, that will atimes takes me 2 or more hours to prepare and she'll come back and eat and smile and say thank you. I use to get home between 5pm and 6pm latest, while she'll be coming home by 7pm, 8pm or latter.

At times the two of us may be at home and I'll be the only one cooking, while she'll just lie down watching films or doing another thing while I do the while cooking.

I think I have being helpful to her in cooking and other chores in the house. There are many times I'll be the one washing all the clothes in the house, while she's sleeping or doing something else.

@d bolded.

Osenobula!!!

My sister you dey try oh!!!

grin
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Kingjay5(m): 8:47am On Mar 31, 2022
siofra:
You're very wrong.

You're the one supposed to be cooking for your wife sef. angry

Modified;

Why are you people attacking me like this

I'm very sure his wife gets up in the morning to go to work just like him and as such they should split the house chores equally. Instead of doing as if he's doing his wife a favor by cooking for her.

I pity the man that will end up with you. SMH

1 Like

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Olumaeme: 8:47am On Mar 31, 2022
You are very wrong.

You don't behave that way, she's your wife!
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by bizgenera: 8:47am On Mar 31, 2022
Take her to MFM, let them cast out the evil spirit of wickedness out of her.

No godly and well brought up lady would put a man through tough times at this troubling times.

Most times, no be me ordinary.

1 Like

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by zakkxx: 8:48am On Mar 31, 2022
Sir you acted very foolish, go and apologise! The food you have been eating since, who de cook am? Once a while treat your wife like a Queen! You loose the opportunity to be romantic to her! Is not fair! She told u she was sick and tired! This is one of the reasons men die before their time! The next time she cook u will carry your big head to come to that same table to eat shamelessly. Go and beg her!! If she want to kill you slowly she will do it! And no body will know!!
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by zuraking(m): 8:48am On Mar 31, 2022
yinkaOdutuyo:

But am having a conscience like am starving my wife or being wicked.
mumu man, ladies don't deserve all that treatment, they will turn u to swegbe if they have the power.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Dozieson(m): 8:48am On Mar 31, 2022
You did very Right. I will do worse
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by emmanuelbrown26: 8:48am On Mar 31, 2022
Blunttruth:
For you to be coming here to ask shows that your conscience tells you, you did wrong. I guess you don't have kids yet. The best way to punish her was to allow her eat after eating then you can talk to her. If she is not feeling fine get her drugs to take. Then watch what will happen. I believe she will be too ashamed of herself to try it. In marriage you take care of eachother.
Another follish comment
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by nrexzy: 8:48am On Mar 31, 2022
Looool...

Nah drama queen ... For ur sanity to remain, call her to order .. na ur wife no b gf.. if na gf I go say make she bawl
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Awise09(m): 8:49am On Mar 31, 2022
yinkaOdutuyo:

Ok ma. If so be it. May all your children be the ones to be cooking for their wives.
I don't think she means that now eh!
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Kuriosmynd: 8:49am On Mar 31, 2022
Ausmos:
What you did wasn't mature at all. I wonder if you love her. Just for once and you starved her?
All the meals she's been cooking has she been making similar demands of you?

Would you be able to take it if she decides to serve you your own pill?

Love is kind and considerate and forgiving, not vengeful.

Lol..Man wake up!!
This is theoretical definition and approach to love.
Stop kidding yourself man, if you follow this idealistic definition of love, and apply it with while living with the so called disrespectful, entitled and feministic belligerent wives of today, sufferhead and frustration will kill you.

Any man still defininig love as above is dead already with the crop of ladies around.
You have to be firm, firm and take NO for NO.
Otherwise she will turn u to doormat in the guise of love. May u wise up. Love has changed, it's now a game of power. If u like listen.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by SocialJustice: 8:49am On Mar 31, 2022
yinkaOdutuyo:

Why did you start what you can't finish? Are you tired of pretending that you are domesticated? Guys who truly like domestic work won't mind the stunts your wife is pulling. They even prefer eating their own food, bathing the kids and keeping the house clean by themselves.

The woman told you she was having headache, you didn't even show any concern. All you cared about was to enforce your power as a man. I don't care if she was faking.

Under no circumstance do you deny any human under your care food. What were you trying to achieve by starving her? Is this how you will starve your children food too?

Go and apologise to your wife and have a meeting where you set boundaries and consequences for exceeding such boundaries.

2 Likes

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Carcholce: 8:49am On Mar 31, 2022
We4all:

He is a guy.

Haha. I thought as much. The switch up is very glary. He knows he cannot take that bullshit from a woman.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by jkuvira: 8:50am On Mar 31, 2022
[quote author=yinkaOdutuyo post=111514356][/quote]

Were you wrong? Absolutely not. The only thing you did wrong was trying to be a good husband in the home, helping out with the kitchen. And I wouldn't say you were wrong in helping out in the home, it's just too bad she's mistaking your being nice for something else. Even if you know the way around the kitchen more than she does, that doesn't mean it is your kitchen. It's her kitchen, not yours.

Now, to her actions. If it was that she was truly tired and needed a break, you sure wouldn't be there watching a movie and even hav the strength to search for BT Audio. She clearly just didn't want to cook.

It's best if you relegate her duties back to her and you just do yours. At least until she gets her acts back. What she needs right now is just a husband, not one who assists her with her duties cause she's taking it for granted.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by PrinceOfLagos: 8:50am On Mar 31, 2022
siofra:
You're very wrong.

You're the one supposed to be cooking for your wife sef. angry

Modified;

Why are you people attacking me like this

I'm very sure his wife gets up in the morning to go to work just like him and as such they should split the house chores equally. Instead of doing as if he's doing his wife a favor by cooking for her.
You deserve all the curses you getting on this thread
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by sisisioge: 8:50am On Mar 31, 2022
Childish husband and wife grin grin

The story is funny though....nollywood couple.

1 Like

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by RPG2020(m): 8:50am On Mar 31, 2022
siofra:

Nothing wrong with that. Especially if they are house husbands.

Your husband don enter one chance if he nor get work na pepper �️ you go dey used rob his face shocked shocked iron lady
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by nerus419(m): 8:51am On Mar 31, 2022
LordIsaac:
What a home!
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by nattyGENT: 8:51am On Mar 31, 2022
Mumu lazy girls rushing to marry to be counted among married people without knowing there's a price.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by inioluwaDaniels(m): 8:51am On Mar 31, 2022
U did wrong oga so wat point av u made by starving her all night. Next tym allow her and let her conscience be judging her. Also stop acting like a houseboy in ur own home. Eat out if she won't cook and if it persist get a side chick dat can be cooling ur nerves from d drama u n ur wife dey act
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Lizzydonnah(f): 8:52am On Mar 31, 2022
Contekbbc:

@ Op
I thought you asked for people's opinion on what you wrote up there,
Why fighting anyone that tells you the right thing to do
If you didn't need opinion,you can easily delete those things and forget this shit.

Why will you deny your woman food because she didn't partake in the cooking.

How will you feel,if she tells you the same .
Has she not been cooking all these while?

But seriously,some women deserve people like you.
Is this a marriage or contract?
Are you even a Man?

May my children never see or meet your kind IJMN

Amen o, I claim it in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by emifunrami: 8:52am On Mar 31, 2022
I believe you missed a golden opportunity to teach your wife what true love means. Love forebears, is kind, is gracious and doesn't repay evil with evil. Being a man is about setting godly examples. Making sacrifices doesn't make you a fool especially when it's a one off issue. You should have even taken the food to her in bed and laugh over it later. That is the right Spirit of love. Be blessed.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Nobody: 8:52am On Mar 31, 2022
Iyaebe:
It’s not food yet your gender can kill just to have it
Your own gender can brutalize person organ if bn cheated on
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by frozen70(f): 8:52am On Mar 31, 2022
yinkaOdutuyo:

You have tried

You spoilt her from day one and now you want to put things right

She will resist all attempts from you at the initial time and over time she will accept her role as a wife

By the time you guys start having children, make sure she nurses the baby herself with just little help from you if not you will become a baby sitter

Some women don't know how to preserve good men like you who are handy men

1 Like

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by ashjay001(m): 8:52am On Mar 31, 2022
yinkaOdutuyo:

Na so women be. Very entitled beings. Once you act responsible like this, they turn it to work.
You go cope nooni, cos she will repeat it. Na their way.
Just move in from it, hopefully she will learn from it too
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Nemesis08(m): 8:52am On Mar 31, 2022
This is the disadvantage of showing a woman you can cook, she obviously knew this and bluntly refused to cook. you did the right thing, ifna me further sanctions will follow. Nonsense
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by sosowater: 8:53am On Mar 31, 2022
Iyaebe:
You are not matured,hope you’ll never ask for sex from her again.If I’m her I’ll deny you sex till I decide to let go for making me starve just because I acted silly . I hate tit for tat partners

Denying a man sex isn't the best solution. He will get it outside from different ladies if he wishes to be flirty.

The woman will lose out because the man will get it outside if he wants and in some cases, the end is always a new mistress, chronic cheating, a new baby outside, and maybe a new marriage.

All they need is dialogue and understanding.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by emmanuelbrown26: 8:53am On Mar 31, 2022
yinkaOdutuyo:

Revenge like hold her virginal and say noe sex?
Sex is the cheapest to get in Nigeria or even free.

Or she'll stop cooking in the house, then she'll never eat again in the house.
U are a true son of your father and a typical African man
The earlier u put a woman where she belongs d better for your health and sanity. I hv a brother that's in similar situation all bcs d wife took brother's gentility as stupidity

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by almarthins(m): 8:53am On Mar 31, 2022
Animegirl:
You started a war, hope you won't come back with another story. I pray you finish what you start grin

I don't think you men really appreciate what your wives do at home. Just this single act of pretense, you decide to starve your wife because she refuse to cook. Anyway, I hope you and your wife settle your differences with "small talks".

How can she be pretending ?
What is not good is not good. If I were the man, I go stand my ground. It is not d duty of a man to cook

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Kenneth Bramor Buys Timi, His First Wife A Rolls Royce After Marrying A 2nd Wife / Housewives Bathe Each Other With Hot Water Over Lover (photos) / Meet Dr Lola Bayode, The Doctor Who Built The Biggest Orphanage In Africa(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.