Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. (39063 Views)

Family Depriving My Right: Is It Possible To Charge Them To Court? / My Husband Nearly Beat Me To Death Because I Denied Him Sex - Happiness Omonogor / Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by ALFADOS(m): 11:34am On Mar 31, 2022
What a wife! Indomie generation wife

1 Like

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by MisterGrace: 11:38am On Mar 31, 2022
siofra:
You're very wrong.

You're the one supposed to be cooking for your wife sef. angry

Modified;

Why are you people attacking me like this

I'm very sure his wife gets up in the morning to go to work just like him and as such they should split the house chores equally. Instead of doing as if he's doing his wife a favor by cooking for her.

Don't take this sh!tty mentality to a man's house.

1 Like

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Psoul(m): 11:40am On Mar 31, 2022
yinkaOdutuyo:
So the main issue that led to me denying her food this night.

I asked her for the two of us to go and get ingredients for food, she said she's having serious headache so I went alone.

When I came back I washed the rice and put it on fire and I also start grinding the pepper and tomatoes with manual grinder.

After few minutes when the rice was done I asked my wife to go and put down the rice from fire, and fried the stew afterwards.

She just started shouting she's so tired, her head is hot and making hefty sounds inside that she can't stand up from this bed.

I insisted and she went to put the rice down and off the gas, instead of her to start frying the stew. She just came and meet me on the bed.

And she started shouting I didn't tell you am hungry, am not even eating this night at all. Do whatever you want to do, I'll never stand up to make any stew in this house. If you want to eat go and make the stew yourself.

I just stood up and enter the kitchen to make the stew. As I was making the stew, my wife that said she's not feeling fine was busy watching film om her phone. She complained earlier that her head is hefty and aching her that she can't stand up from the bed, but she stood up and start looking for the BT Audio to connect to her phone so that she'll be able to hear the film audio very well.

Immediately I finished making thr stew, I served the food on the table and the next my wife wanted to stood up from the bed to join on the table so that we can eat.

I just told her that You can never eat from this food this night and tomorrow morning, because you were the one that said you were not hungry that I was troubling you to make food.

I also told her that the headache allow you br watching films and also allow you to be looking for BT Audio. But denied you to cook for me.

So house I want to know if this is right or wrong pls or what can I do.

To all moniker saying have I ever helped her before this is for you below:

BTW I have cooked many times in the house, there are times she'll go to work before she comes back I'll have prepare good foods, that will atimes takes me 2 or more hours to prepare and she'll come back and eat and smile and say thank you. I use to get home between 5pm and 6pm latest, while she'll be coming home by 7pm, 8pm or latter.

At times the two of us may be at home and I'll be the only one cooking, while she'll just lie down watching films or doing another thing while I do the while cooking.

I think I have being helpful to her in cooking and other chores in the house. There are many times I'll be the one washing all the clothes in the house, while she's sleeping or doing something else.

I literally do almost 80% of everything in the house if not more than.

But me doing all those doesn't mean am a fool or I don't know what am doing.

Bit I think as a man you have to man up.

I couldn't finish reading this piece of sh!t.
Oga, you and your wife need to go back to the drawing board and set things right.
With this sh!t you wrote here, I can only say that what you have is a house and not a home.
This is a kind of Home house where no one is ready to sacrifice for the other.
Continue like this and it won't be long you guys will be planning on how to eliminate each other.

Bn a man and manning up is not by showing muscle and just by displaying that I can beat u up at any time.
Bn a man means showing more wisdom to that woman than she has.
Sorry to say this. Your action was a bit below what I expected you to do as a man.
I don't want to talk about your wife.

There are so many wise ways you can make your partner do what you want her to do without applying any force.
She will do it, still remain happy doing it.
If you are mature to get married, be matured to learn the intricacies and tricks opened for a man in a family.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Blue86(m): 11:47am On Mar 31, 2022
At op.
Your wife has just officially indirectly handled cooking matters to you.

I want you to do something.
I want you to make rules, defined ordered rules in YOUR HOME.

WHAT did I say?
Defined ordered rules in YOUR HOME.

IF she can't bear it.
Let her go and receive home training from her parents.

Till then stay put from other women.
And if she goes after another man.
Then she officially has given you grounds to marry a new wife, and marriage anulled.

You are the man.
And that is your house.
And order and delegated responsibilities keep it grounded.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Karlosorji(m): 11:50am On Mar 31, 2022
Iyaebe:
You are not matured,hope you’ll never ask for sex from her again.If I’m her I’ll deny you sex till I decide to let go for making me starve just because I acted silly . I hate tit for tat partners
sex that he can get outside is what you are doing yanga with.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 11:51am On Mar 31, 2022
[quote author=VaginaPeople post=111523155][/quote]Who be that? cheesy
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by rickleye: 11:52am On Mar 31, 2022
yinkaOdutuyo:

I asked her for the two of us to go and get ingredients for food, she said she's having serious headache so I went alone.

When I came back I washed the rice and put it on fire and I also start grinding the pepper and tomatoes with manual grinder.

After few minutes when the rice was done I asked my wife to go and put down the rice from fire, and fried the stew afterwards.

She just started shouting she's so tired, her head is hot and making hefty sounds inside that she can't stand up from this bed.

I insisted and she went to put the rice down and off the gas, instead of her to start frying the stew. She just came and meet me on the bed.

And she started shouting I didn't tell you am hungry, am not even eating this night at all. Do whatever you want to do, I'll never stand up to make any stew in this house. If you want to eat go and make the stew yourself.

I just stood up and enter the kitchen to make the stew. As I was making the stew, my wife that said she's not feeling fine was busy watching film om her phone. She complained earlier that her head is hefty and aching her that she can't stand up from the bed, but she stood up and start looking for the BT Audio to connect to her phone so that she'll be able to hear the film audio very well.

Immediately I finished making thr stew, I served the food on the table and the next my wife wanted to stood up from the bed to join on the table so that we can eat.

I just told her that You can never eat from this food this night and tomorrow morning, because you were the one that said you were not hungry that I was troubling you to make food.

I also told her that the headache allow you br watching films and also allow you to be looking for BT Audio. But denied you to cook for me.

BTW I have cooked many times in the house, there are times she'll go to work before she comes back I'll have prepare good foods, that will atimes takes me 2 or more hours to prepare and she'll come back and eat and smile and say thank you. I use to get home between 5pm and 6pm latest, while she'll be coming home by 7pm, 8pm or latter.

At times the two of us may be at home and I'll be the only one cooking, while she'll just lie down watching films or doing another thing while I do the while cooking.

I think I have being helpful to her in cooking and other chores in the house. There are many times I'll be the one washing all the clothes in the house, while she's sleeping or doing something else.

Bro - The relationship is not healthy.
There are communication issues.

You did things your way but there’s another way.
This is what I would have done different.
She claims she has headache - I’ll get her pain killers and tell her to rest. Then I either hit the restaurant and get us both food or do the shopping and cooking myself to the best of my ability.

Someone who has a headache doesn’t watch TV with surround sound. They usually just watch with CC or turn off the damn thing to reduce the noise in their head.
You wouldn’t allow someone you love to go hungry would you unless it’s a fast.

I think both of you need to have a heart 2 heart about the relationship. Is she a stay at home wife or does she work ?
Doesn’t sound like there are kids so you both have time to decide how things progress.
She may also be influenced by peers who watch all these foreign shows that are not culturally relevant to Nigeria.
She could have said - could you cook for us dear because I am tired today. Saying “ I am not hungry and therefore didn’t cook - was a lie “

There are always three sides to a story . Hers , yours and the truth. ( usually in the middle).

Have a heart to heart - Why exactly did you behave the way you did - things can’t remain the same - let’s communicate properly. Plus I am sure there are other things going on.

Good luck
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by ify0000(m): 11:54am On Mar 31, 2022
I feel ur pain brotherly but still take it easy with her �..
Women could be naturally troublesome a time!
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by koskilala: 11:57am On Mar 31, 2022
This decision you took was too harsh o
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Slynation(m): 11:58am On Mar 31, 2022
achimendy:

Is like you don't know women. When dey do it the first time and it worked, they will keep on doing it , because they see it as means of controlling their man. Women know how to get the mind of some men.
How can someone who said she wont cook and she's not hungry finally decided to eat after watching movies. Which sane man will be happy with that?
Yea... that's a very much reason he should have given her a benefit of doubt...

Omo, I do it sometimes when the aroma of the food is just too much to ignore grin
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by oilmane(m): 11:59am On Mar 31, 2022
yinkaOdutuyo:

Thumbs up bro, it would have been different if she had pleaded with you to assist her and not giving you attitude then standing up to come and eat the food she bluntly refused to cook.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Iseddy: 12:00pm On Mar 31, 2022
OP I think there is more to her actions. Don't feel bad abt ur action because she pushed you to it. I knw you want peace in ur home & enjoy ur marriage. I'll suggest you take her out on a romantic date, have fun then both of you should talk. looks like there is a communication gap btw you & ur wife. if you do this & she still continue misbehaving then she's getting wrong advice outside. this is just my view, is ur home, u knw ur wife better, so make peace.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by lamiid: 12:01pm On Mar 31, 2022
Some Women this days are naturally lazy and dirty, but as a man it removes nothing from you if you give her from the food you cooked, it shows that you are matured for marriage and if you feel you also dont have the energy to cook, take a stroll to a good eatery and help yourself.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by CORRECTMAN78(m): 12:01pm On Mar 31, 2022
LordIsaac:

It is to get ready, you have set a very bad precedence....and women....hmmmm. I will advise you sit her down and discuss the issue and agree on the way forward.
If I were you, I'd rather eat out than complete the cooking and deny her of it.

He acted like a kid. One of such stance we took among our siblings while growing up.

1 Like

Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by oilmane(m): 12:02pm On Mar 31, 2022
siofra:
You're very wrong.

Modified;

I'm very sure his wife gets up in the morning to go to work just like him and as such they should split the house chores equally. Instead of doing as if he's doing his wife a favor by cooking for her.

Did you read anywhere he said he is jobless? Did you see where he said he comes home between 5 n 6pm daily? Did you also read where he said he dies about 80% of the chores in their home? He should be the one cooking? Continue, kuku turn am to house boy na
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by ElijahIme1992(m): 12:06pm On Mar 31, 2022
Iyaebe:
You are not matured,hope you’ll never ask for sex from her again.If I’m her I’ll deny you sex till I decide to let go for making me starve just because I acted silly . I hate tit for tat partners
Looooooooooool you dis Yoruba girl.. the sex no be their two dey enjoy am?
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Nobody: 12:08pm On Mar 31, 2022
ElijahIme1992:
Looooooooooool you dis Yoruba girl.. the sex no be their two dey enjoy am?
But one enjoys it the most and can kill just to have it.How many of you can function well without sex?
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by asto70: 12:10pm On Mar 31, 2022
This generation self ,someone that can't Cook but.can watch ffilm for hours anyway sha we don't know how you people have been living together before.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by OKOATA(m): 12:15pm On Mar 31, 2022
yinkaOdutuyo:

But am having a conscience like am starving my wife or being wicked.
Fvxk that conscience broda. Before you know it there will be a power change in your home and she will start to assume the head over you, she will start having time to chat with other men when she's lazy and you are doing the work. Better stop all these rubbish, as a man if you are the one providing 70%-80% of financial responsibilitys in that home then she should be the one to carry the homely 70%-80% responsibility. Be warned bro.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Munzy14(m): 12:25pm On Mar 31, 2022
siofra:

Nothing wrong with that. Especially if they are househusbands and as long as their wives don't degrade them but treat them as their equal.

I watched a video where a guy was a househusband and he was fulfilled and happy with it. His wife works and provides for him while he does the house chores. People insulted him in the comments but of course he didn't care.

You people cannot handle half of the shit you dish out to women.
Very easy to say alot to appear acceptable online.. lipsrsealed

Dangerous mother in law in the making. undecided
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Agbebakun22: 12:30pm On Mar 31, 2022
Danzakidakura:
You are just too wicked and Evil.

I believe this same woman have cooked for you without your contribution in the kitchen and you are.

Today because she feels sick and you cook and decide not to give her.

You are an evil man. I am married also. The way you lay your bed.
u be mumu man, the man provide the food and the woman is expected to cook it. According to u said both of them should share cooking then the woman should be ready to agreed bill splitting. If na me she no go chop the food with that flimsy excuse.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Munzy14(m): 12:39pm On Mar 31, 2022
yinkaOdutuyo:

So it's a good thing for a man to be cooking and he's wife is watching films right?

If cool to you, you and your wife can swap man
Bro don't give room to bull shit...Believe me your woman will respect you more, when she knows you are a man and not sissy.

Like who does that, imgaine cooking while my woman is watching a movie? undecided I dey ment?

Except if I wanted to give her a treat to a special meal which is necessary ones in a while. OR She is indisposed.

Things derail when we don't do things the right way...

A married woman owns her husband's kitchen.
Whoever comes closer, seeks her permission.

I wonder where una dey see these types that comfortably watch movie and allow you to enter kitchen as man of the house. lipsrsealed

We need to keep things right and straight so every party will know their stands.

Please have a heart to heart talk with your wife..She must understand things clearly.

Imagine opportunities some ladies visit Shiloh to at least meet who they will be doing kitchen wonders for, your woman is joking with it.

Put things straight.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by ShowmeHeaven(m): 12:39pm On Mar 31, 2022
Endurance. Sometimes you just have to endure the excesses and sweep it under the carpet. Retribution doesn't actually solve it.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Agbebakun22: 12:44pm On Mar 31, 2022
criuze:

We all gotta be sort of simps when you ask a woman's hand in marriage

You rather be a simp if being alpha male will send your marriage down the drainage

Let's watch how new generations ruin their marriages trying to prove gender dominace

The old people said you marry a wife with one eye open

I hope they're all simps because they've made lasting families than the non simps of today
if it doesnt work everyone move on wit life. Marriage no be do or die affair
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Ejehkob: 12:49pm On Mar 31, 2022
yinkaOdutuyo:

Now I think the whole things is getting interesting now.

I now know the type of work you're into

Like sugermama hookups grin
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Nobody: 12:50pm On Mar 31, 2022
DECLAN2015:

U have twisted it
Whi gave rhe money for all the food
Read read read and comprehend
They alwayz play victims

How long have you been married
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Charly68: 12:51pm On Mar 31, 2022
Olando Owoh sang that any man that marries a woman has used his money to bring in a mocker into his home. Whether you are a king or president .. if the wife of a first class king can wake to announce her separation from her husband on the face book and YouTube , you should know by now what women can do. Just be asking God for grace to endure their pranks atimes . There is even a level you will build your life to that you won't allow any woman to destroy your integrity.. At that point they will be the one acting as husband at home.
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 31, 2022
deavicky:
you people will seat here and claiming what you don't know. Is it the men that does the cooking abroad?.

How long have you been married?
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Nobody: 12:52pm On Mar 31, 2022
RPG2020:

You people will never grow up never

The all issues is not about cooking but the manner of her talking to her husband is bad there is a way you talk to person in a good manner he or she will understand shouting solved no problem

Oga how long have you been married
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Nobody: 12:56pm On Mar 31, 2022
yinkaOdutuyo:

you know what chief, I take it back..... she is your wife, if you want to starve her to death, that is your cup of beans, if you you want to chop off her head, that is your problem. You know your wife better than I do, heck ass whooping and starving her may even be a turn on for her.
my bad.. enjoy
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by Handsomebb: 12:58pm On Mar 31, 2022
siofra:
You're very wrong.

Modified;

Are you for real?
Re: I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. by RPG2020(m): 1:01pm On Mar 31, 2022
Techsupport:

Oga how long have you been married

18 years with kids

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

My Wife Absconded With Our Kids / Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them / Ochuko Uzere: Missing Person, Lost At Sea In Patani River And Its Environs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.