Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US (33855 Views)

See the $1.5 Billion Lagos Deep Sea Port (Video) / Nigeria Approves $11.2 Billion Lagos – Calabar High Speed Rail Line / Lagos Will Be WORLD'S BIGGEST CITY By 2090s With 88 Million People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by timefarm(m): 7:28pm On Mar 31, 2022
That building design I see looks like waste of the land.
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by CSTRR: 7:28pm On Mar 31, 2022
Igbofam:

Suddenly now it's Chicken change for the US government but if the Nigerian government quotes same figures for a similar edifice would you not say someone wants to loot money?

Again I ask you, who wants to loot this one?
You are comparing the US govt to the Nigerian govt?
Lol

Are you aware that the US Dollars is printed in America, and your entire national Budget is not up to their education budget alone.

You are joking.
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by supereagle(m): 7:29pm On Mar 31, 2022
christistruth01:

US is using style to say that they know Nigeria has a great Future

They know that Odua nation will break away from Nigeria. The future belongs to Odua nation.

1 Like

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Olayetan(m): 7:30pm On Mar 31, 2022
Lagos is gradually moving to become an independent nation.

3 Likes

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by aribisala0(m): 7:30pm On Mar 31, 2022
CSTRR:

This is being ungrateful though.

These guys practically spend billions in yorubaland, and are proud of it even.

Their human resources depleted from the South East, coutributes to the Lagos we have today.
It even contributes to the electoral value of the south west as a whole, since their PVCs are included in the overall PVCs of the south west.

It's their lose and Lagos gain.

Spiting it on their faces is like pouring insult to injury.

But then, Nigerians are never known to be gracious.
Humans are naturally ungrateful
The people of India, Ghana, Thailand ,South Africa and Malaysia are not grateful for all the development that they brought to their countries

16 Likes

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by christistruth01: 7:32pm On Mar 31, 2022
supereagle:

They know that Odua nation will break away from Nigeria. The future belongs to Odua nation.

To be honest with you the Future is Nigerian

It is those that refuse to submit to God's Plan for Nigeria that he will throw away

Even Oduduwa saw God's Plan for Nigeria 1000 years ago and fully embraced it

2 Likes

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by ManMountain(m): 7:33pm On Mar 31, 2022
MadamVanessa:

shocked

All thanks to Igbos.

They work so hard to develop Lagos in all ramifications. But not for the igbos Lagos would've amount to nothing.

If not for Lagos, many successful igbos today will be living in penury. They came to Lagos with nothing and Lagos gave them everything to succeed

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by seanwilliam(m): 7:33pm On Mar 31, 2022
Nyanmiridunce:
With this kind of leg, you can't stay in one relationship. According to research, women with yam leg don't stay in one relationship hence the resultant heavy yam-leg.

I know it pains but there's nothing you can do than look for a yam leg man like you to marry.

grin
lol I no sure say n woman leg be that o. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by steve6: 7:33pm On Mar 31, 2022
Ok.
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by hamouston91(m): 7:33pm On Mar 31, 2022
God bless Yoruba God bless Lagos God bless Yoruba Nation! Out of 36, came 1 Out of many 1 God bless Yoruba

7 Likes

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 31, 2022
christistruth01:

US is using style to say that they know Nigeria has a great Future
Or there will be YORUBA NATION SOON

1 Like

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Amalekki: 7:35pm On Mar 31, 2022
greymiles:
90% of the land and properties in Lagos are owned by igbos. The remaining 10% is for US consulate
Technically, igbos own Lagos
See this Kanuri man tactically fueling the Nairaland civil war grin
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Okoroawusa: 7:35pm On Mar 31, 2022
I Love Lagos
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Amalekki: 7:35pm On Mar 31, 2022
Tinubu has done well.

1 Like

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Slurity(m): 7:36pm On Mar 31, 2022
joyla8:
Imagine, 223 Billion, when people are suffering
You expected the government to share the money for people because they are suffering? Whoever suffering in this country is shamefully lazy, no apologies. Too much opportunity but easy and quick money is what every body want.

3 Likes

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Kelvin3476: 7:36pm On Mar 31, 2022
Nyanmiridunce:
We also have to thank ibos for underdeveloping their region at the expense of others. Also to thank them for being the poorest in Southern Nigeria. Special thanks to ibos being officially a 3rd class in their own country.

What a wonderful tribe!
IN WHO'S CORNTRI ?
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by ManMountain(m): 7:37pm On Mar 31, 2022
Badonasty:
Lol…whining….e no fit big reach that one for Iraq

You don’t have to hate. You would have been rejoicing to heavens if the US put hall a consulate in Enugu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Amalekki: 7:37pm On Mar 31, 2022
aribisala0:
They are great developers
They developed Accra, Bangkok, Johannesburg, Mumbai, Kuala Lumpur and Addis Ababa also very generous and selfless they decided to develop the world first before developing Aba
If you continue like this, making heaven go hard o!

1 Like

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Igbofam: 7:38pm On Mar 31, 2022
CSTRR:

You are comparing the US govt to the Nigerian govt?
Lol

Are you aware that the US Dollars is printed in America, and your entire national Budget is not up to their education budget alone.

You are joking.

Offpoint. My question to you again is who will loot this one?

1 Like

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Larrykaysail(m): 7:38pm On Mar 31, 2022
wwwihy:
The United States Government has said its new $537million (approx N223,257,750,000) in Lagos will be its largest consulate in the world when completed in 2027.

Ambassador Mary Leonard and Lagos Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu stated this at the Eko Atlantic City in Lagos during the ongoing groundbreaking ceremony for the consulate.

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-n223b-lagos-consulate-will-be-worlds-largest-us/
naija people money den go use do this project , $140 visa fee
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by faoogoke(m): 7:38pm On Mar 31, 2022
It had to be so so they can spy on

everything staying, coming and leaving

the city.
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Okoroawusa: 7:38pm On Mar 31, 2022
riches4me:
Dear Nigerians, in as much as economy of d country is not SO good, try and key in somewhere and develop urself. NOT all Nigerians are complaining.
I am not complaining. In fact I have never complained since 2015. If you know what you are doing money dey Nigeria.
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by christistruth01: 7:39pm On Mar 31, 2022
ManMountain:

If not for Lagos, many successful igbos today will be living in penury. They came today with nothing and Lagos gave them everything to succeed

Don't mind him

Are IPOB not busy beheading, Butchering and eating their own Kinsmen as food instead of Building their Region

Imagine !
an industrious People like the Igbos cannot step out on Mondays because they could end up Cooked in a Pot of Egusi Soup to be eaten with Akpu if they dare try it

5 Likes

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by plaindealer: 7:40pm On Mar 31, 2022
kb83:
How does it change price of Garri in the abeg.

The jobs created during construction and the hired Nigerians to staff, work and keep the place running go collect paychecks for many decades to come go buy a lot of Garri.

Poor man's crippling mentality is bad for you..

3 Likes

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 31, 2022
Nyanmiridunce:
Isheri, magbaro, mowe, ibafo, ota all in ogun state dwarfs all your 5 SE states combined in times of development. Ogun state is the most industrialized state, the only state with the highest number of tertiary institutions. The IGR ogun makes will feed your 5 states and change will still remain.

Ado odo ota is the most industrialized LGA in Nigeria.

Dont let even touch Oyo State for now. Ogun state will sink SE in all indices. Ogun state will swallow Enugu, Anambra and ebonyi in terms of land mass.

It's like you don't know your mate àbi. Funny thing is when y'all want to push your agenda you ask us to remove Lagos and one wonders why but same y'all won't ask SS to remove Delta and Rivers.

Dust dey your brain.

But 2021 Anambra and Ebonyi ranked higher than Lagos in terms of Capital expenditure utilization and effective revenue collection
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Spherical77(m): 7:42pm On Mar 31, 2022
Nyanmiridunce:
With this kind of leg, you can't stay in one relationship. According to research, women with yam leg don't stay in one relationship hence the resultant heavy yam-leg.

I know it pains but there's nothing you can do than look for a yam leg man like you to marry.

grin
grin grin grin

Una no go kill person for this forum i swear

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by plaindealer: 7:43pm On Mar 31, 2022
redcliff:
i can see that some people here are very fullish. You are here praising a consulate this big. Tell me, how can it be that in a third world country like Nigeria, they are building their biggest consulate in the world, nobody has even asked them how and why they are doing that. you guys have failed to realize that the US govt through its embassy has made a killing from Nigerians with their visa fees. Go to their embassy as early as 5am, and see how much of a marketplace that is. Mind you, that is the money they are using to build their biggest embassy in the world.

some mumu people have already turned the thread to a tribal war ground. useless Nigerians, after they would be thinking Buhari is their problem...

If den leave Nigerians in the hands of poor and counterproductive people like you, Nigeria no go develop..na stone age we go remain.
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by aribisala0(m): 7:46pm On Mar 31, 2022
Amalekki:

If you continue like this, making heaven go hard o!
I am already in a developer heaven

2 Likes

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by CSTRR: 7:46pm On Mar 31, 2022
Igbofam:

Offpoint. My question to you again is who will loot this one?
Your question is stupid in the first place.

It's like asking who will play with fire.
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by plaindealer: 7:47pm On Mar 31, 2022
MadamVanessa:

shocked

You lie

South East is the only region that you'll see a typical interior villages look like urban area with sophisticated and seasoned buildings. The only thing you'll use and know that it is Village is because of mechanical solidarity relationship there. They try so much for themselves.

Show me any Yoruba village like that.? Yoruba does not start and end jn Lagos that all Yorubas pride themselves with.

And who who told you the igbos cares about the zoo politics. Politics is meant for lazy uselesssss nonentities thieves. Igbos are too focus to be distracted by zoo politics.

They are talking about hundreds of millions of dollars investment in the most prized location in Africa and this one is talking about his village house..

Who gives a shitt about your village house?

Why are you people so backward and comical in your thinking?

5 Likes

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by CSTRR: 7:47pm On Mar 31, 2022
aribisala0:

Humans are naturally ungrateful
The people of India, Ghana, Thailand ,South Africa and Malaysia are not grateful for all the development that they brought to their countries
I don't know about India, Thailand or Malaysia.

But I certainly know that Lagos should be grateful and they are.

It's bigots like you that are not.
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Igbofam: 7:48pm On Mar 31, 2022
CSTRR:

Your question is stupid in the first place.

It's like asking who will play with fire.

Again offpoint. Is it that hard to understand a thing before you respond?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Senators Grill Ali Ndume, Ask Him If He Has Been Fair To Dino Melaye & Saraki / Lamido Ogbeh Defrauds Pakistani Of N194m (Photo) / Aisha Buhari’s ADC, Sani Baba-Inna, Detained By Us - DSS Confirms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.