Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US (33862 Views)

See the $1.5 Billion Lagos Deep Sea Port (Video) / Nigeria Approves $11.2 Billion Lagos – Calabar High Speed Rail Line / Lagos Will Be WORLD'S BIGGEST CITY By 2090s With 88 Million People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 31, 2022
Dapinski:

Sad thing is that their States and region are regressing horribly but they have no issues with that.

Fighting Yorubas daily is their main obsession in life instead of fighting for the emergence of visionary and competent leaders who can attract protects like this to their barren SE.

You see this is the passive aggressive behavior we talk about here that you are exhibiting. Who has been insulting who now? Isn't it not you. US citing their embassy here serves no purpose but theirs because that is where they have bulk of their applications and because the number is increasing such that Walter Carrington street gets blocked they need something larger. So there is really nothing fantastic, tell me why would US build a large consulate in China or UK? they won't because their people don't need to rush to US embassy and fight for Visa like as if it is heaven you are going to.
But alas daft people like you are screaming and showing your myopic nature because of a comment by US ambassador on the size of the new consulate. The Americans would always look at you like animals it is this behavior of yours that contributes to racism against the black man.

3 Likes

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by aribisala0(m): 7:49pm On Mar 31, 2022
CSTRR:

I don't know about India, Thailand or Malaysia.

But I certainly know that Lagos should be grateful and they are.

It's bigots like you that are not.
I know about India and South Africa they do not appreciate the development that the great developers brought to their lands

5 Likes

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Johel(m): 7:50pm On Mar 31, 2022
wwwihy:
More

Of what use will this be to the current ongoing situations in the shithole??
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by CaptainFM1: 7:50pm On Mar 31, 2022
joyla8:
Imagine, 223 Billion, when people are suffering

We need to be critical in our thinking. #223 Billion is america that will be spending it, not Nigeria.

Mind you, it's mostly our workforce that will build the consulate. So our people will get jobs and make money from them.

1 Like

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 31, 2022
jagorinho:

....and yet the igbos are yet to develop their states, does it not defy logic?Mr Vanessa or what ever they call your name, how would a male adult be comfortable constituting nuisance online every time all in the name of clout, worse still masquerading as a female. You really need help.

Have you been to the south east before? have you seen villages in igbo land if you have can you with your chest say it is underdeveloped than a typical Yoruba village with thatched roofs and brown rusted roofs?
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Golan007: 7:52pm On Mar 31, 2022
seanwilliam:
lol I no sure say n woman leg be that o. grin

Who told you?

Na Chinyere leg be that.
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Yomit71(m): 7:53pm On Mar 31, 2022
MadamVanessa:

shocked

All thanks to Igbos.

They work so hard to develop Lagos in all ramifications. But not for the igbos Lagos would've amount to nothing.
All thanks to God. Charity begins at home.
How is the erosion state celebrated?

5 Likes

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by plaindealer: 7:53pm On Mar 31, 2022
Nyanmiridunce:
We also have to thank ibos for underdeveloping their region at the expense of others. Also to thank them for being the poorest in Southern Nigeria. Special thanks to ibos being officially a 3rd class in their own country.

What a wonderful tribe!

lol @ developers..

Sadly, you develop the whole world, the only place you refuse to develop are your towns and villages, the poorest and
unproductive region in Nigeria where you have zero freedom and can not go out without getting killed or roasted like suya..

smh .

4 Likes

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 31, 2022
Dapson73:

The 5% inconsequential dot in the circle are always bittered about Yoruba success/progress.

God bless the visionary leaders of The Center of Excellence.

God bless the Southwest region,

God bless Nigeria.

All because of a US embassy that they want to build to continue extorting from you for Visa applications due to the increasing numbers of applicants and the need for space? Oga please show us that biology was not wrong in saying Humans are higher primates. Stop trying to think like a lower primate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by phorllytony(m): 7:56pm On Mar 31, 2022
joyla8:
Imagine, 223 Billion, when people are suffering

Hope it increase visa approval rate
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Kwestionair: 7:57pm On Mar 31, 2022
Nyanmiridunce:
We also have to thank ibos for underdeveloping their region at the expense of others. Also to thank them for being the poorest in Southern Nigeria. Special thanks to ibos being officially a 3rd class in their own country.

What a wonderful tribe!

Why will you not say they are the poorest in southern nigeria whereby you have never even travelled to anywhere else apart from living somewhere in Ijebu-ode and be typing nonsense. I don’t blame you I blame the foolish igbos that allow you people to always have a reason to want to talk trash. Apart from Lagos which is understandable, and a few places in ogun which are almost Lagos, where do you think in yorubaland is more developed or richer than any state in south east?
Don’t be stupid and don’t even quote me. I prefer travelers to talk to me and not some ogbomosho urchin
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by plaindealer: 7:59pm On Mar 31, 2022
obynzo:

All because of a US embassy that they want to build to continue extorting from you for Visa applications due to the increasing numbers of applicants and the need for space? Oga please show us that biology was not wrong in saying Humans are higher primates. Stop trying to think like a lower primate.

So, we should reject hundreds of billions of dollars worth of investment and jobs for Nigerians because you are too poor and can not afford fees for Visa and or money to go abroad.

The fact that you are poor, hateful and bitter doesn't mean other Nigerians are like you.

You people no go kill pesin with your backward and poor man's mentality.. grin

5 Likes

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by redcliff: 8:01pm On Mar 31, 2022
plaindealer:

If den leave Nigerians in the hands of poor and counterproductive people like you, Nigeria no go develop..na stone age we go remain.

and one of the people who took his sub came to display his big ignorance on my comment. What is the essence of development if your mind and mentality is tribally and religiously tied to a certain viewpoint. which development are you even talking about? Is Nigeria a developed country? i can bet it that in your own lifetime, your country would never be called a developed nation. you think say na by buildings up and down? what of STANDARD OF LIVING? shebi na your brothers dey sleep outside for night because light no dey for 9days now. yeye dey smell.
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by plaindealer: 8:01pm On Mar 31, 2022
What I love about this development is the fact that where the US goes, others follow.

I'm sure many other embassies and consulates are already buying land at Elko Atlantic to build their embassies..

2 Likes

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by vikstandon(m): 8:02pm On Mar 31, 2022
These white people are planning to give us another old fool....say NO to Tinubu.
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Kwestionair: 8:02pm On Mar 31, 2022
MadamVanessa:

shocked

You lie

South East is the only region that you'll see a typical interior villages look like urban area with sophisticated and seasoned buildings. The only thing you'll use and know that it is Village is because of mechanical solidarity relationship there. They try so much for themselves.

Show me any Yoruba village like that.? Yoruba does not start and end jn Lagos that all Yorubas pride themselves with.

And who who told you the igbos cares about the zoo politics. Politics is meant for lazy uselesssss nonentities thieves. Igbos are too focus to be distracted by zoo politics.

You have time to be replying that dunce that does not travel and does not know anything about Igbo states. Believe you me that guy doesn’t even have a house or live in Lagos to start with. They just come online and talk because they can write cheap English.

1 Like

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 31, 2022
Kwestionair:

Why will you not say they are the poorest in southern nigeria whereby you have never even travelled to anywhere else apart from living somewhere in Ijebu-ode and be typing nonsense. I don’t blame you I blame the foolish igbos that allow you people to always have a reason to want to talk trash. Apart from Lagos which is understandable, and a few places in ogun which are almost Lagos, where do you think in yorubaland is more developed or richer than any state in south east?
Don’t be stupid and don’t even quote me. I prefer travelers to talk to me and not some ogbomosho urchin
lols
Where you put Ibadan,ogun and ondo state

Without those cities,there is no Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by tsdarkside(m): 8:04pm On Mar 31, 2022
seunmsg:

It doesn’t have to change the price of garri. What maters, however, is that the construction workers that will work on the project would be able to earn enough money to buy garri irrespective of the price. Also, more staff will be recruited to work in the embassy once the project is completed and they will also earn enough to buy garri comfortably.

Congratulations to Lagos! The state that can’t just stop winning.

freshkpomo

you dont think....and if they bring their workers from america,like china is doing....??

i ask myself who is realy loosin on a long run....

why not ghana or south africa....??
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by redcliff: 8:05pm On Mar 31, 2022
plaindealer:

So, we should reject hundreds of billions of dollars worth of investment and jobs for Nigerians because you are too poor and can not afford fees for Visa and or money to go abroad.

The fact that you are poor, hateful and bitter doesn't mean other Nigerians are like you.

You people no go kill pesin with your backward and poor man's mentality.. grin

what is the reason why the "almighty" US wants to build their biggest embassy in a country like Nigeria? if its not the profit from your visa fees over the years, I do not know what and why else the US wants to build another consulate that big in a shit hole like Lagos, Nigeria.
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by supereagle(m): 8:05pm On Mar 31, 2022
christistruth01:

To be honest with you the Future is Nigerian

It is those that refuse to submit to God's Plan for Nigeria that he will throw away

Even Oduduwa saw God's Plan for Nigeria 1000 years ago and fully embraced it

What is God's plan for Nigeria? Lord Lugard brought different nations together for economic reasons. Before then Odua nation was doing well, when we had regional governments, Western region was ahead even doing better than the government at the center. Odua nation is the true glory and sunshine of the black race.

1 Like

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Kwestionair: 8:06pm On Mar 31, 2022
akinremiayomide:
lols
Where you put Ibadan,ogun and ondo state

Without those cities,there is no Nigeria

Lol my brother you are wrong. Without oil and gas from Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa, IMO, Anambra, Abia, Ondo, Akwa Ibom, Cross River there will be no Nigeria.
Believe what other things you want but this is the truth.

1 Like

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by tsdarkside(m): 8:08pm On Mar 31, 2022
redcliff:

what is the reason why the "almighty" US wants to build their biggest embassy in a country like Nigeria? if its not the profit from your visa fees over the years, I do not know what and why else the US wants to build another consulate that big in a shit hole like Lagos, Nigeria.

exactly now when they have conflicts all over the world....??

you nigerians should be careful....read your bible and koran....
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Echoban: 8:09pm On Mar 31, 2022
wwwihy:
The United States Government has said its new $537million (approx N223,257,750,000) in Lagos will be its largest consulate in the world when completed in 2027.

Ambassador Mary Leonard and Lagos Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu stated this at the Eko Atlantic City in Lagos during the ongoing groundbreaking ceremony for the consulate.

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-n223b-lagos-consulate-will-be-worlds-largest-us/

God bless ASIWAJU, God bless SanwoOlu. God bless all of us. Amen.

1 Like

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by redcliff: 8:10pm On Mar 31, 2022
Eriokanmi:
As bad as our leaders and several individuals make Nigeria look to the outside world, these people still believe in us, kudos

stupid talk, your visa application fee is at work.
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by tsdarkside(m): 8:11pm On Mar 31, 2022
this is a hugh gamble....

you people do know this mega structure is american territory,right....??
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by PDPGuy: 8:12pm On Mar 31, 2022
fkj950ax:

Nigerian journalist and junk reporting is crazy.

The whole Eko Atlantic City is about 1000 ha.
US Embassy Baghdad is 104 acres
US Embassy Eko Atlantic is 13 acres

How is it now the largest in the world??

Sir, an EMBASSY is different than a CONSULATE
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by tsdarkside(m): 8:14pm On Mar 31, 2022
oohh,we should just jump upandan like monky,because amelika wan build something somewhere....
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 31, 2022
Kwestionair:

Lol my brother you are wrong. Without oil and gas from Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa, IMO, Anambra, Abia, Ondo, Akwa Ibom, Cross River there will be no Nigeria.
Believe what other things you want but this is the truth.
southwest has the highest vat collection in Nigeria minus Lagos states self.

Ogun and Ibadan you ridiculed previously generates vat more that all south east states combined.
I want you to delete the mentality of those states you mentioned as “brown roof “ bla bla bla if you haven’t been to those cities

6 Likes

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Christistruth00: 8:19pm On Mar 31, 2022
supereagle:

What is God's plan for Nigeria? Lord Lugard brought different nations together for economic reasons. Before then Odua nation was doing well, when we had regional governments, Western region was ahead even doing better than the government at the center. Odua nation is the true glory and sunshine of the black race.

God used Lord Lugard to Carry out his divine Plan
Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by seunmsg(m): 8:20pm On Mar 31, 2022
tsdarkside:

you dont think....and if they bring their workers from america,like china is doing....??

i ask myself who is realy loosin on a long run....

why not ghana or south africa....??

Yeah, they will bring every single person that will work on the construction project from America. From the Engineer to the mason, the daily laborer, the plumber, the electrician, the tiler, the carpenter, the POP guy, the screeder, the security etc. No single Nigerian will be engaged on the project. You are really smart.

3 Likes

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Christistruth00: 8:25pm On Mar 31, 2022
Dapinski:

Sad thing is that their States and region are regressing horribly but they have no issues with that.

Fighting Yorubas daily is their main obsession in life instead of fighting for the emergence of visionary and competent leaders who can attract protects like this to their barren SE.

Whenever they embrace the Biafra dummy that Ojukwu Sold them their Region goes into free fall

It is so obvious that God is not with their Biafra despite all their desperate efforts to drag him into it

he always refuses to go along

2 Likes

Re: ₦223 Billion Lagos Consulate Will Be World’s Largest – US by Kwestionair: 8:26pm On Mar 31, 2022
akinremiayomide:
southwest has the highest vat collection in Nigeria minus Lagos states self.

Ogun and Ibadan you ridiculed previously generates vat more that all south east states combined.
I want you to delete the mentality of those states you mentioned as “brown roof “ bla bla bla if you haven’t been to those cities

I don’t use “brown roof” with anybody. I don’t care about anybody’s roofs because this is Nigeria, a shithole at that, many villages are poor although there’s a category to it. Then again, apart from Lagos and ogun state I will still repeat myself no other states in Yoruba land comes close to any states in south east, maybe ebonyi due to poor governance at that time, the so called VAT we know how the government manipulates figures to discredit the south east, we all know no government does anything to favor south east because they have some of the dumbest politicians. Lagos and Ogun has more VATs than south east, agreed but no other states put together in yorubaland again comes close if they will tell you the truth but this is Nigeria, just like census, they will manipulate the figures and keep the south east down so people won’t invest there.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Civil Servants Stranded As EndSARS Protesters Shut Alausa Secretariat / 2023: Between Goodluck Jonathan And Bola Ahmed Tinubu / Ondo Update: SSG Loses Polling Unit As Akeredolu Wins Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.