Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,150 members, 7,811,285 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

I made NGN 675,000 in March on Upwork as freelancer - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I made NGN 675,000 in March on Upwork as freelancer (11713 Views)

If You Have Never Made NGN 200k In A Month, Come And Learn Here For FREE / Facebook Ads In Nigeria Case Study | ₦24,743 To Make ₦3,675,000 - PART 2 / ₦24,743 To Make ₦3,675,000 | Facebook Ads In Nigeria Case Study | PART 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I made NGN 675,000 in March on Upwork as freelancer by dauntless15(m): 4:20pm On Apr 04, 2023
EMIOMOADEOYE:

If you have UI/UX and Software Dev skills, you should not be on Upwork.

Go to LinkedIn and find your clients there.
Checked LinkedIn bro, na Nigerian jobs they dey show me, I have used search filters all to no avail.
Re: I made NGN 675,000 in March on Upwork as freelancer by dauntless15(m): 4:23pm On Apr 04, 2023
FunnyDude:

Truth is, no skills that's not saturated already. Amidst the saturation, you can still attract your own raving clients and make a bank with it.
I'm telling you from personal experience.

I got on Upwork during the peak of Covid, when alot of people are seriously embrassing remote work and flooded freelance platforms.
Yet, I caved a path for myself.
You can as well.

Just pick one niche, one type of client, and one solution you will achieve for them.

(Be an expert in ONE field, don't be a generalist)

Focus on that, and you should make it.

All skills are saturated online.
Focusing on one skill isn't what I have in mind though, I don't want to be a jack of all trades true but what I see on remote work websites is very discouraging, I realized that most jobs require a plethora of interwoven skills and additional skills, take frontend dev jobs for instance, when they list out what you'll be doing they'll say you should also have knowledge of this and that, most front end dev jobs require you to know UI and ux, some require you to also know backend, some require you to also be a QA analyst, I'm just confused.

1 Like

Re: I made NGN 675,000 in March on Upwork as freelancer by EMIOMOADEOYE: 4:30pm On Apr 04, 2023
dauntless15:
Checked LinkedIn bro, na Nigerian jobs they dey show me, I have used search filters all to no avail.

The trick is not to find jobs. Find people instead.

You do UI/X find a senior developer or a CTO and network with him.

Find developer companies and search for key stakeholders and pitch them an offer.

The beat jobs are the ones that were not advertised

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I made NGN 675,000 in March on Upwork as freelancer by dauntless15(m): 4:35pm On Apr 04, 2023
EMIOMOADEOYE:

The trick is not to find jobs. Find people instead.

You do UI/X find a senior developer or a CTO and network with him.

Find developer companies and search for key stakeholders and pitch them an offer.

The beat jobs are the ones that were not advertised
Nice, I'll try that and see, thanks for this.
Re: I made NGN 675,000 in March on Upwork as freelancer by Generalwoodz(m): 5:07pm On Apr 05, 2023
EMIOMOADEOYE:

675K out of $1400. That's 1,036,000. That's almost half a million.

Dude, you're losing a huge chunk of money there.

Speak to your clients and see if they can pay you via other means. I have clients now who I managed to take offline and I get paid directly in Western Union.

You're losing way too much my guy

What niche are you in ? If you don't mind my asking.
Re: I made NGN 675,000 in March on Upwork as freelancer by EMIOMOADEOYE: 6:07pm On Apr 05, 2023
Generalwoodz:

What niche are you in ? If you don't mind my asking.

Proofreading
Re: I made NGN 675,000 in March on Upwork as freelancer by FunnyDude(m): 5:23am On May 13, 2023
In Direct Response Copywriting, you're going to make more money than you can imagine on Upwork. See image

Re: I made NGN 675,000 in March on Upwork as freelancer by FunnyDude(m): 5:27am On May 13, 2023
5 Emails for $250.

Let's do rough calculation:

To bid this project it requires 6 connects.
Cost per connect is $0.15 cent.

$0.15 * 6 = $0.90 cent( less than $1)

So you use 0.90 cent to land a $250 job.

Upwork %charges, 10% of $250 =$225

Total: $250 - $0.90 - $25 = $225

You'll be getting $225 profit.

$225 x 755 Naira = 170,000 Naira.

Just one job.

This is why I said Upwork is a gold mine

Re: I made NGN 675,000 in March on Upwork as freelancer by wonyi: 4:24am On Jun 13, 2023
AtoningBlood:

In life, be careful but don't be too careful, okay.

Let me tell you my story, I freelance on Upwork too and it all started here on Nairaland just by reading a post like this one. I looked out for the possibilities and little testimonials from the thread that my trainer then opened. Myself and a few others paid 5k each to get trained. I think we were 20 or 15. Then I had only 7k in my account and I paid him 5k out of it to get the training.

Today, I average nothing less than 1.2m, my low is 1.2 monthly. I have a contract I took off Upwork and I don't add up that payment to what I get on Upwork monthly. Open you heart, check my previous posts by clicking on my handle, you'd see many of my posts trying to encourage people on that same thread my trainer created. Open your heart, don't try to stop others from learning. My life never remained the same. I left a job paying 84k monthly, my former colleagues still earn the same 84k.

Be careful for nothing, you don't even need to pay anyone if you are ready to check all the pages from two self less creators of threads about Upwork and fiverr on nairaland. Check my name or this posters name, I know him to be one of the active poster's there too. That was then, just date back to like 2019 or 2018. I have stopped posting or visiting Nairaland regularly due to my schedule.

I just need to encourage someone, don't pm me cos I won't even see it, If at all I do I won't respond. I don't train but I have freely helped many and are doing well. Those around me though, not online. Not easy helping online as it can be time consuming and I do not want to be tagged as a scammer.

If someone trusted offers to train you with a proof he/she I'd doing well, please pay the token and learn. But if you are ready to learn by reading up the past threads, please give yourself some time to read and take notes. Many materials are on YouTube as well. My trainer then trained us with proof from his profile. Naija account, I also have a naija account. He trained us to be truthful. Many Nigerians are doing well. I am one of them, my duplex is completed and also got a car. Maybe that will motivate someone.

Don't mind typos or my grammar, am not a writer.

Mama Good morning, can we discuss ? Please how do I contact you? Can I mention you on any old thread or reach you via Nairaland mail? Please
Re: I made NGN 675,000 in March on Upwork as freelancer by FunnyDude(m): 5:39pm On Sep 07, 2023
Earn in dollars, just earn in dollars for your OWN good

I can show you how in my private program, but not free.

I'm back again to mentor new people, ready to implement knowledge till they start earning cool dollars cheesy
Re: I made NGN 675,000 in March on Upwork as freelancer by FunnyDude(m): 3:59pm On Sep 09, 2023
FunnyDude:
5 Emails for $250.

Let's do rough calculation:

To bid this project it requires 6 connects.
Cost per connect is $0.15 cent.

$0.15 * 6 = $0.90 cent( less than $1)

So you use 0.90 cent to land a $250 job.

Upwork %charges, 10% of $250 =$225

Total: $250 - $0.90 - $25 = $225

You'll be getting $225 profit.

$225 x 755 Naira = 170,000 Naira.

Just one job.

This is why I said Upwork is a gold mine

A goldmine to earn in dollars

Here's a simple funnel

Get a skill -- Look for a platform to connect with international business --- sell your skill --- Earn $$
Re: I made NGN 675,000 in March on Upwork as freelancer by FunnyDude(m): 2:07pm On Sep 13, 2023
I don't sell a course, reason why I only offer one-on-one mentorship, to monitor my mentee progress, to hold you by the hands, step by step.

Note: How far you go now depends on your effort to implement and get results.
Re: I made NGN 675,000 in March on Upwork as freelancer by landiqa(m): 9:45pm On Sep 13, 2023
FunnyDude:

A goldmine to earn in dollars

Here's a simple funnel

Get a skill -- Look for a platform to connect with international business --- sell your skill --- Earn $$

I see most making money from upwork are copywriter

Have been on upwork as a developer omo is not easy
Re: I made NGN 675,000 in March on Upwork as freelancer by FunnyDude(m): 9:47pm On Sep 13, 2023
landiqa:

I see most making money from upwork are copywriter

Have been on upwork as a developer omo is not easy

No niche is easy, work on your strategy

1 Like

Re: I made NGN 675,000 in March on Upwork as freelancer by FunnyDude(m): 9:30am On Sep 14, 2023
Most people spent up to 20 years or above schooling from primary through University education only to end up applying for unavailable jobs, but can't be patient to wait for 3-6 months for a skill that'll transform their life.

Testimonial, I woke up to this message in the morning. Put in the work and see yourself in 3 months.

Do the maths yourself.

Re: I made NGN 675,000 in March on Upwork as freelancer by mygee2(m): 11:19am On Sep 14, 2023
FunnyDude:
Earn in dollars, just earn in dollars for your OWN good

I can show you how in my private program, but not free.

I'm back again to mentor new people, ready to implement knowledge till they start earning cool dollars cheesy
I’m interested boss please what is the requirement please
Re: I made NGN 675,000 in March on Upwork as freelancer by dauntless15(m): 12:07pm On Sep 14, 2023
FunnyDude:
I don't sell a course, reason why I only offer one-on-one mentorship, to monitor my mentee progress, to hold you by the hands, step by step.

Note: How far you go now depends on your effort to implement and get results.

mentor me, I'm ready
Re: I made NGN 675,000 in March on Upwork as freelancer by FunnyDude(m): 1:13pm On Sep 14, 2023
mygee2:

I’m interested boss please what is the requirement please

Send pm, and I will see if you'll be a fit for the mentorship.
Re: I made NGN 675,000 in March on Upwork as freelancer by FunnyDude(m): 1:14pm On Sep 14, 2023
dauntless15:
mentor me, I'm ready

Pretty easy. Send a pm, and let's talk about it
Re: I made NGN 675,000 in March on Upwork as freelancer by dauntless15(m): 4:11pm On Sep 14, 2023
FunnyDude:

done
Re: I made NGN 675,000 in March on Upwork as freelancer by mygee2(m): 8:36pm On Sep 14, 2023
FunnyDude:

Send pm, and I will see if you'll be a fit for the mentorship.
Done sir
Re: I made NGN 675,000 in March on Upwork as freelancer by FunnyDude(m): 11:08am On Sep 15, 2023
Some people lack courtsy, you badge into one's inbox and be talking anyhow.

You dey feed me
Re: I made NGN 675,000 in March on Upwork as freelancer by Phantom042: 11:12am On Sep 15, 2023
FunnyDude:
Some people lack courtsy, you badge into one's inbox and be talking anyhow.

You dey feed me

Hmmm
Re: I made NGN 675,000 in March on Upwork as freelancer by Ceejay501: 12:45pm On Sep 15, 2023
Pls check ur mail..i sent a mail to u
Re: I made NGN 675,000 in March on Upwork as freelancer by dauntless15(m): 1:55pm On Sep 15, 2023
FunnyDude:

You don't reply pms.
Re: I made NGN 675,000 in March on Upwork as freelancer by FunnyDude(m): 7:53pm On Sep 15, 2023
dauntless15:
You don't reply pms.

Can't find your PM, could you please resend it
Re: I made NGN 675,000 in March on Upwork as freelancer by dauntless15(m): 9:09pm On Sep 15, 2023
FunnyDude:

Can't find your PM, could you please resend it
just gimme ur number boss
Re: I made NGN 675,000 in March on Upwork as freelancer by FunnyDude(m): 10:43am On Sep 21, 2023
You spent 30 years of your life in school, only to end up applying for unavailable jobs, BUT can't calm down and dedicate just 3 to 6 months to learn a real skill that will change your life legitimately.

It is well with those that has get rich quick mindset.

You will keep jumping from one place to another. MONEY you no go see.
Re: I made NGN 675,000 in March on Upwork as freelancer by FunnyDude(m): 4:27pm On Sep 26, 2023
In my next post, I will sharing how to get top foreign clients easily (Top Secret).

I will share it.

Kindly watch out

1 Like

Re: I made NGN 675,000 in March on Upwork as freelancer by FunnyDude(m): 12:21pm On Sep 27, 2023
# 7 Tips to Get *Great* High-Paying Clients

I've landed $10,000 projects and have worked with *7-, 8-, and 9-figure brands*.

So, you can say I know a thing or two about how to get clients.

In today's post, I'll show you how to do the same.

Let's dive in:

**1. Join Facebook (job) boards. **

I got my first clients through Facebook groups.

You have two options here:
* Join groups where your ideal clients hang out. Provide value. And start conversations.
* Use Facebook job boards to apply for gigs. Just MAKE SURE to send personalized messages.

Here's an example of a personalized message:

"*Hey, X, *

*I read [something you found valuable on their profile/website]. *

*I [say what you found valuable]. Great job! *

*Also, I'm applying for [X]. *

*Here's a link to my samples [link]. *

*Looking forward to helping you [mention something in the job description]*!"

**2. Don't work for free. **

Saying you'll do the project for free positions you in a bad light.

If you really have no other choice, say:

"*I'll do this for free in exchange for a testimonial*."

If they don't agree, that's a big red flag.

Move to the next prospect.

**3. Build your personal brand. **

Facebook. Instagram. Twitter. LinkedIn. TikTok. YouTube.

No matter the medium, you can land clients on any platform.

Just make sure to:
* Be authentic
* Show your expertise
* Entertain (people like fun)

This approach takes time.

But it gets you the BEST clients.

**4. You don't need a website.**

I have a website. But I haven't used it in years.

The only thing you need to land clients is a Google doc with samples.

If you can add some stats on your copy - even better.

*PRO TIP*: Make your portfolio stand out by having a short resume of your skills and why the client should work with you on top of the Google doc you share with them.

Here's an example:

"*Hi, [name],*

*You can call me X for short [if your name is long and complicated].*

*Below, you’ll find my recent portfolio.*

*Before that, I wanted to share a few benefits of working with me:*
1. *Reason 1 - [Something about being punctual, deadlines, etc.]*
1. *Reason 2 - [Are you fun to work with? Say it]*
1. *Reason 3 - [Come up with your own reasons]*

*Now, to verify I don’t (secretly) suck, here are a few of my recent samples:*

*[Link to your samples]*"

**5. Qualify your prospect. **

As much as biz owners qualify you...

You WANT to qualify them, too.

If they:

❌Don't want to pay upfront

❌Want you to work crazy hours

❌Don't respect your vacation days or weekends

Or something equally crazy...

They WON'T be a great client.

So, stay away from such prospects.

**6. Have a contract. **

Newbies start working without a contract or agreement.

And they get into trouble.

Don't be like them.

Have a contract or an email that stipulates:
* Upfront payments
* Number of copy reviews
* Deliverables and deadlines

**7. Have one *specific *offer.**

To land great clients, don't say you're gonna write all kinds of copy.

Focus on 1-2 deliverables.

For example, emails or VSLs.

Why?

Because in this way, you come across as an expert...

And can command HIGHER fees.

And that's a wrap.

With these 7 tips, you can now get *great, high-paying* clients.

P.S $1 is now NGN 1,100 grin
Re: I made NGN 675,000 in March on Upwork as freelancer by FunnyDude(m): 7:29pm On Oct 02, 2023
Freelancing on Upwork is crazy

You might not get the job 100 times, but that 101st try could change your life.

It changed mine.
Re: I made NGN 675,000 in March on Upwork as freelancer by dauntless15(m): 11:50pm On Oct 02, 2023
FunnyDude:
Freelancing on Upwork is crazy

You might not get the job 100 times, but that 101st try could change your life.

It changed mine.
why do you ignore pms? I pm u twice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Former Barclays Boss Raises Stake In Union Bank / Daily Forex Trade Alerts / TUTORIAL: How To Get New Google Adsense In 3 Weeks With Free Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.