Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap (43773 Views)

Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out / Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap / Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Olam09(m): 8:36am On Apr 02, 2022
etokhana:

https://apnews.com/article/oscars-jada-pinkett-smith-will-smith-chris-rock-entertainment-b11234425a83cd5384ecede456ff0013?utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=AP

Ah. Lobaton.. the guy is a no nonsense guy to be sincere. I remember one time like that wey em slap one gay reporter wey wan kiss am.
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 8:37am On Apr 02, 2022
He's still one of my favorite actor regardless. perhaps he has learnt his lesson by now and he won't repeat such mistake again, sometimes you just have to tame your anger and act professionally/maturely.

I saw the immaturity of will Smith when he smacked Chris rock and later yelled at Chris to keep the name of his wife out of his mouth, I saw a weak and emotionally laden will Smith.

the will Smith I always know back then was a cool guy, he was so refined and an alpha, I don't know what happened to him, but whatever he's currently facing, I pray he overcome it.

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by manduwem(m): 8:43am On Apr 02, 2022
qekng40:
A Legend!

I wish him well because I know he did the right thing! wink

The slap was necessity grin

Chris Rock messed with the wrong guy!

NB: No more replies to mentions, I said what I said. You lots should drink water if you don't agree. I'm off this thread for y'all cool

But Will himself years ago also did same to a musician on a show whom he insisted follows rules by shaving his head every morning and added loudly... It's a Joke

Ps: sorry for quoting you

2 Likes

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by hobat4cash(m): 8:50am On Apr 02, 2022
these are words on marble
advanceDNA:

Women don’t simp to that level...never

Thats why the highest you’ll get is boxers, singlet, 5k perfume, or their body which they got freely from nature...If you get more than that, it’s your money they used in buying it for you..or they have overflowing cash...like Beyoncé or cardiB

woman will take loan to open shop for her man?? Or take loan at the office to buy car for her husband from her hard earned salary.?? E no possible.....na only one woman fit do am...she don die 3214 years ago...

If they fight another woman for for you, it’s not about you ....it’s their source of money they trying to protect..

Na men like to behave like Mumu...
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Camelot65: 8:55am On Apr 02, 2022
dettolgel:

What about the countries that buy the weapons to destroy their own people. If I recall correctly the marauders killing innocent people in Nigeria are not the Americans but your own people.

The Taliban told the world that USA were killing them but now it is obvious for the world to see.

In Somalia, Syria, Yemen, DRC, Cameroon you people have been killing each other with reckless abandon.

However, for instance Poland, Greece still buy weapons from the USA but they aren't killing themselves.

Please when will Africa start taking responsibility for their actions?
Maybe in 2099.
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by mcameo: 9:01am On Apr 02, 2022
jaxxy:

He will be reinstated back. He is a legend.

Yes, legend in foolery.!!!!

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by AK481(m): 9:03am On Apr 02, 2022
Sergio101:
vagina people don see this man finish.

one "V" shape thing killing talent since 500BC.

Sad!.

Outta here!!!!!

Seriously,they have finished him

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by duduade: 9:04am On Apr 02, 2022
Who cares
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Wisfem: 9:12am On Apr 02, 2022
Karlovych:
embarassed A 53 year old man destroying his life and embarrassing himself over and over again because of a bald, short narcissist he calls a wife.

Always acting out emotionally over simple issues that a reasonable adult deals with in a matured manner, like in this case over a joke.

No wonder the Mrs baldy cheated on him, a foolish, weak man that resorts to crying to avoid taking responsibilities for his actions. A weak, helpless soul that allows himself to be cucked from the grave by a rapper that died over 25 years ago.

His childish outburst has given plenty of comedians more material to work with and roast him the more, perhaps then he can cry and ocean of tears and baldy can sob on her red table.

This is perhaps one of the worst mistakes to a meddle aged man, he will never want to remember this again in his life, You know where someone nearly two decades in the grave poses factors to disrupt his life....

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Nicho118(m): 9:15am On Apr 02, 2022
All these just seem scripted to me
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by damolaboye(m): 9:15am On Apr 02, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

Again:

How did she emasculate him once again? Did she carry him to the podium to slap Mr Rock? Or was that a decision made and carried out by Mr Smith himself?

Men will make foolish decisions and other men will seek for how to rope women into it. Aren't you tired of trying to blame women for bad decisions men make daily?

Guess you have never fallen in LOVE.
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by effort1: 9:19am On Apr 02, 2022
Encyclopedia1:

Men nko?
Legend is talking. grin grin grin grin

Take it or leave, men are doing the female gender a favour by having multiple wives

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by mcameo: 9:21am On Apr 02, 2022
damolaboye:

Guess you have never fallen in LOVE.

Stop deceiving yourself, how many people have you fallen in and out of love with?
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by subcbouy: 9:26am On Apr 02, 2022
Will Smith Oscar award sage: Slap, Win, and Retire. Why didn't he return the Oscar?
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by MaxwellJnr1: 9:26am On Apr 02, 2022
Does it even necessary?
What is done is done. Well.... I wish him best of luck
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by GloriousGbola: 9:28am On Apr 02, 2022
Ishilove:

He could have defended her in more effective ways rather than resorting to violence, now the ramifications of one moment of uncontrolled anger is costing him plenty. People are hardly remembering the award he won or the movie that earned him this win.

I'm learning a lesson in anger management in this whole show of shame.

That is the lesson here. There is a time and place for everything. If you both dey hood you can pull that s**t. Not in front of an international ceremony.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by ToyinDipo(m): 9:32am On Apr 02, 2022
Will Simp, idiot man
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by IJEYdiamond(f): 9:33am On Apr 02, 2022
advanceDNA:

Women don’t simp to that level...never

Thats why the highest you’ll get is boxers, singlet, 5k perfume, or their body which they got freely from nature...If you get more than that, it’s your money they used in buying it for you..or they have overflowing cash...like Beyoncé or cardiB

woman will take loan to open shop for her man?? Or take loan at the office to buy car for her husband from her hard earned salary.?? E no possible.....na only one woman fit do am...she don die 3214 years ago...

If they fight another woman for for you, it’s not about you ....it’s their source of money they trying to protect..

Na men like to behave like Mumu...

U r wicked ooooo... Lol.. forgetting that men breaks women heart ooooo...
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by loswhite(m): 9:35am On Apr 02, 2022
qekng40:
A Legend!

I wish him well because I know he did the right thing! wink

The slap was necessity grin

Chris Rock messed with the wrong guy!

NB: No more replies to mentions, I said what I said. You lots should drink water if you don't agree. I'm off this thread for y'all cool
Men destroyers.
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by CAPSLOCKED: 9:37am On Apr 02, 2022
WILL SMITH SPEEDILY BECOMING WILLOW SMITH II. MY MAN HAS LOST FRAME KPATAKPATA. WON'T TAKE MORE YEARS BEFORE HE LOSES HIS MIND COMPLETELY AFTER LOSING HIS BALDY AND THE KIDS. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by lookingfly: 9:37am On Apr 02, 2022
etokhana:

https://apnews.com/article/oscars-jada-pinkett-smith-will-smith-chris-rock-entertainment-b11234425a83cd5384ecede456ff0013?utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=AP
things he did for love, woman wey no even love you. De kpansh other young guys around and you still de kill your for her. When Chris finally sue you and they put you in prison........she would open her door to All the Young guys around while you rot in jail. Never act when angry!

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by advanceDNA: 9:38am On Apr 02, 2022
IJEYdiamond:

U r wicked ooooo... Lol.. forgetting that men breaks women heart ooooo...

I never said men break women’s heart...
I only said women are smart and men are th mumu.. you people don’t simp no matter how much you love your boyfriend

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by GloriousGbola: 9:38am On Apr 02, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

The man made a conscious decision to love his wife, something a lot of you can't stand. He is weak for that. Maybe if he beat her up you would applaud him?

He slapped someone and yet she's the cause of it. Did she walk him to the podium, raise his hand and use it to slap Mr Rock?

This closeted misogyny is getting tasteless.

With all will and jadas history and all that has come out since then , this is the first time I find the word simp applicable

Jada is for all intents and purposes still feening for 2pac, a fellow who will is 20 times the worth of as a man. 2pac that had to do fake gangsta to blow and who was an accessory to rape. That is what will is feeling intimidated by

Then she cheated on him. With their sons friend.
She could not find some stranger, some guy her age, no she went for a young friend of the family. That is grooming predatory s**t

If will smith had pulled that s**t, going after willows 21 year old friends he would have been cancelled so fast

Jada pinkett is not the woman to get into this s**t over. She is bad market.

I am just.sad for the guy. In hindsight he was fine with his first wife but decided he wanted geto /pako babe.

This is the bobby brown and Whitney story with roles reversed.

2 Likes

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:38am On Apr 02, 2022
9japride:
Will Smith is not serious, he should learn to be a man. Someone that was laughing at the joke Chris made but all of a sudden change mood when his narcissistic wife gave him corner eye look. I wonder how people still pretend that such narcissistic fellow will ever change? He's wife is not a nice person, she only cares about herself. I pity Smith.
I like this word you used 'corner eye look'. Pigin sweet sha

2 Likes

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by lookingfly: 9:40am On Apr 02, 2022
GloriousGbola:

That is the lesson here. There is a time and place for everything. If you both dey hood you can pull that s**t. Not in front of an international ceremony.

he thinks he's a gangster

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by loswhite(m): 9:40am On Apr 02, 2022
Reflect7:
One more thing. Hypocritical Americans who see nothing wrong with their country being the world's largest weapons manufacturer and supplier to the nations, whose weapons and invasions have slaughtered and maimed hundreds of millions of innocent people worldwide, from Iraq to Vietnam, yet play outraged saints over a guy who merely slapped another guy for publicly mocking his sick wife, really can go to blazes.
Shut up!!!!
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by dalass(f): 9:42am On Apr 02, 2022
Karlovych:
embarassed A 53 year old man destroying his life and embarrassing himself over and over again because of a bald, short narcissist he calls a wife.

Always acting out emotionally over simple issues that a reasonable adult deals with in a matured manner, like in this case over a joke.

No wonder the Mrs baldy cheated on him, a foolish, weak man that resorts to crying to avoid taking responsibilities for his actions. A weak, helpless soul that allows himself to be cucked from the grave by a rapper that died over 25 years ago.

His childish outburst has given plenty of comedians more material to work with and roast him the more, perhaps then he can cry and ocean of tears and baldy can sob on her red table.

This name calling would have earned you a double slap from Will.... Nigerian men have no respect for women especially their wives but you see a great society like America, they value and honour their wives.... That's quite strange to a Naija guy.... Smh undecided
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Wisfem: 9:48am On Apr 02, 2022
[qu[s]ote author=Kingsuave post=111575231]Truly the downfall of great men in human history is initiated by a woman,

Directly or indirectly, nobody can tell me otherwise. undecided[/quote][/s]

Speak only for your caved obsolete self don't ever generalise
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by iLoveYouToo(m): 9:48am On Apr 02, 2022
advanceDNA:

If you are up for it...Nairaland has a good [/b]sample size to conduct a research..

do a survey asking men on this forum if their girlfriends regularly go out of their way for them...Ask the married men which of their wives take out loans to buy them why they need or want...u’ll see the number with be very low..

[b]In fact let’s ask women here which of them has bought something worth 500k for their man...even from the money they have ransacked from him...

It’s sound like I’m spilling fallacy...well fallacy is allows when the data under consideration is highly significant

You’re an interesting fella. grin

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by advanceDNA: 9:48am On Apr 02, 2022
smasher1:

Some good women do all that for their men. One gave her vehicle for her husband to use to work. Etc. Some good women out there.

Only one??
You see what I mean??
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by advanceDNA: 9:49am On Apr 02, 2022
iLoveYouToo:

You’re an interesting fella. grin

It’s Saturday jare, let’s laugh small

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Wizkid Ends Beef With Skales.. Replies Him On Instagram ( Pics ) / Aunty Shaggi Poses With The Car Broda Shaggi Gave Her (Photos) / Tboss Shares First Baby Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.