Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,489 members, 7,812,522 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap - Celebrities (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap (43729 Views)

Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out / Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap / Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by afroxyz: 2:14pm On Apr 02, 2022
jaxxy:

Same way many of u wish dangote, author eze or otedola was their dads.

Na yourself you dey talk about.
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by afroxyz: 2:16pm On Apr 02, 2022
jaxxy:

Same way many of u wish dangote, author eze or otedola was their dads.

Na yourself you dey talk about since you worship money. The kids choosing Tupac is not premised on money. Your examples are anchored on material wealth. Shows the depth of your values
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Raalsalghul: 2:21pm On Apr 02, 2022
advanceDNA:

Women don’t simp to that level...never

Thats why the highest you’ll get is boxers, singlet, 5k perfume, or their body which they got freely from nature...If you get more than that, it’s your money they used in buying it for you..or they have overflowing cash...like Beyoncé or cardiB

woman will take loan to open shop for her man?? Or take loan at the office to buy car for her husband from her hard earned salary.?? E no possible.....na only one woman fit do am...she don die 3214 years ago...

If they fight another woman for for you, it’s not about you ....it’s their source of money they trying to protect and displaying their monopolistic behavior

Na men like to behave like Mumu...

You are an enlightened fellow.
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Nobody: 2:35pm On Apr 02, 2022
Shame on Will.
Good. At least, let him loose something too, just the way Chris lost some respect that good evening at the Academy awards.

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by grandstar(m): 2:58pm On Apr 02, 2022
Karlovych:
embarassed A 53 year old man destroying his life and embarrassing himself over and over again because of a bald, short narcissist he calls a wife.

Always acting out emotionally over simple issues that a reasonable adult deals with in a matured manner, like in this case over a joke.

No wonder the Mrs baldy cheated on him, a foolish, weak man that resorts to crying to avoid taking responsibilities for his actions. A weak, helpless soul that allows himself to be cucked from the grave by a rapper that died over 25 years ago.

His childish outburst has given plenty of comedians more material to work with and roast him the more, perhaps then he can cry and ocean of tears and baldy can sob on her red table.

He and Pinkett are in a open relationship. They are free to have relations with others outside their marriage.

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by wagzy37: 3:45pm On Apr 02, 2022
Defend your wife! Do you know how many G.I Jane memes that would have been created by now if Will Smith never slapped Chris Rock? In this age of social media.

The world is so controlled these days that people dictate to you on how to behave when you are emotionally threatened. Human beings are emotional creatures. The problems alot of people have with their mental health and diseases are directly tied to suppressed emotions. While Jada hasn't been the best of wives, Will chose her and while he is still married to her, he has to protect her honor.

Comedians can have jokes without trampling on people's self esteem. People are going through a lot in their private lives.
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Tonytonex(m): 4:02pm On Apr 02, 2022
He's a fool for slapping his fellow black. Nonsense
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Aaay: 4:10pm On Apr 02, 2022
Okay
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by pacespot(m): 4:15pm On Apr 02, 2022
advanceDNA:

Women don’t simp to that level...never

Thats why the highest you’ll get is boxers, singlet, 5k perfume, or their body which they got freely from nature...If you get more than that, it’s your money they used in buying it for you..or they have overflowing cash...like Beyoncé or cardiB

woman will take loan to open shop for her man?? Or take loan at the office to buy car for her husband from her hard earned salary.?? E no possible.....na only one woman fit do am...she don die 3214 years ago...

If they fight another woman for for you, it’s not about you ....it’s their source of money they trying to protect and displaying their monopolistic behavior

Na men like to behave like Mumu...

Nigerian men especially, one man like that is currently fighting me because of a woman over what I am duly entitled to? I am tired of simps in this world, they codedly hide behind fighting for a woman to unleash their hate towards their fellow men.
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by jaxxy(m): 4:23pm On Apr 02, 2022
afroxyz:

Na yourself you dey talk about since you worship money. The kids choosing Tupac is not premised on money. Your examples are anchored on material wealth. Shows the depth of your values

Any premise to prefer a stranger over ur trying parents is wrong just as premise of money. It's not just when it's money. So let's not be foolish and hypocritical.

And I never said I was referring to myself bt u did.
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by pacespot(m): 4:30pm On Apr 02, 2022
If as a man you know how to control your emotion while dealing with a woman, at least 70 percent of your problem is solved. Women tend to present themselves as weak vessels to a man they want to manipulate. Let me tell you simps or would-be simps today that women are not as weak as many people think. In fact, a woman can be stronger than a man if there is no man around to have her back.

And the things that women will require you to do to "protect them" are the things that can destroy you quickly as a man if you are not careful enough. Like this Will Smith's case of a beautiful career crashing down due to a single moment he could have controlled.
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by MhizA(f): 5:22pm On Apr 02, 2022
[color=#550000][/color]
Does this mean he won't act films anymore?
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by manikspears: 5:26pm On Apr 02, 2022
youngblaq:

It's not right to talk to anyone like your first sentence does, this person never offended you in any way and he's entitled to his opinions. You should apologize.

Will doesn't even know who you are ffs.
Extreme provocation for what exactly? Is apolecia a form of cancer now? That shit is never a disease and certainly not worth worrying about like you're making it sound...and any man who can't master and tame is emotions is only a pussy..a pussy ass weakling who even laughed .... Laughed on hearing the same joke that 'provoked' him but had to turn radical because the said wife doesn't look pleased.

Will could have told Rock the same thing he told him after hitting him without him moving an inch, but NO!
He had to walk several strides to commit 'battery' on on his first Oscar night.. ruining a night that should have been his best in the pictures.

Will made mockery of Arsenio Hall's mother! Once a comedian himself made a joke out of a bald headed drummer...it's just a joke Jada should even appreciate because tipping her for that G.I Jane role would probably be too much for her lol...Rock initially said...'Jada, I love you'.

Let's do away with all that... Now, if the presenter was a person like Dwayne 'Rock' Johnson and he made similar remarks about Jada...do you think Will would try that nonsense?

Will is ashamed of himself rn. He has quite a shameless family though (if Jada could sleep with her own child age range while in a marriage) and that fool of a son could tweet 'thats how we do it in the family'. Their shame is out of this planet.

Don't mind them, would will smith have slapped Brock Lestner if it was him that made that joke? Hollywood is made of people making fun of other people as entertainment. As the producers of Family guy and Saturday night live. Will messed up big time.

What a shame!
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by NofiuFade(m): 6:00pm On Apr 02, 2022
Nairaland forum is such a disgrace! See rubbish comments every where, I pity any sane person taking advice from this forum shocked
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by smasher1(m): 6:11pm On Apr 02, 2022
advanceDNA:

Only one??
You see what I mean??

Not one. I know so many women and I'm a man. We have so many good women and more bad women. God would help good men to locate such women.
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by cloud(m): 6:12pm On Apr 02, 2022
qekng40:
A Legend!

I wish him well because I know he did the right thing! wink

The slap was a necessity grin

Chris Rock messed with the wrong guy!

NB: No more replies to mentions, I said what I said. You lots should drink water if you don't agree. I'm off this thread for y'all cool
someone that laughed when the joke was made and only reacted when he noticed Jada didn't find it funny. What exactly are you trying to point out
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by smasher1(m): 6:13pm On Apr 02, 2022
Ishilove:

Don't mind that one writing rubbish and the brainless fools liking his ignorant comment

I'm a man. And I've once been in a bad marriage that ended. I can't say all women are bad as a result of that experience. I've seen so many other good women. I'm married again now to a good woman.
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Litmus: 6:40pm On Apr 02, 2022
kingthreat:
If Will really wants to save himself, he should first divorce Jada. That kind of wife is not what he needs to become a better man.

There is a sub-branch of narcissism that involves the afflicted being unable to accept not being loved and respected by the target object. If Will Smith suffers from this and Jada is the object, Will Smith would be unable to leave until he believes Jada loves and respects him. He may not even love or respect her. His entire purpose, his being, his esteem, would be obsessed by the object loving and respecting him. This type of Narcissist can resort to killing the object in some future rage of frustration.
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Ishilove: 6:46pm On Apr 02, 2022
smasher1:

I'm a man. And I've once been in a bad marriage that ended. I can't say all women are bad as a result of that experience. I've seen so many other good women. I'm married again now to a good woman.
Thank you for being objective. There are good people, and there are bad people, and it is not gender specific.

2 Likes

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by bizzibodi(m): 6:59pm On Apr 02, 2022
He shouldn't have slap him,Jada has palm that came deliver slap like Bianca's,he has breach d ethics of comedians....dnt give jabs you can't take....his comedy career finish because of an adulterous woman.
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by haslaw(m): 7:06pm On Apr 02, 2022
Will SIMP Smith destroyed his beautiful career because of Jeda MIDGET Pinket
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Akharmony: 8:31pm On Apr 02, 2022
WHITELIGHTER:

What is the pain or challenges here? That someone made fun of his wife hair cut? It wasn't even offensive...I guess u didn't properly listen to the joke...
If there's any pain or challenge, it's as a result of the actions of Will... He messed up big time
and do you also border to check his relationship mishap btw him and his wife before now. . . Do you also now he once mention he suffers depression?
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by adefitim(m): 8:58pm On Apr 02, 2022
Anything Vagina can’t do doesn’t exist
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by prophetfire: 9:09pm On Apr 02, 2022
qekng40:

Guy, please drink water. I didn't beg for your opinion.

If you can't live with mine, drink enough water!
Drink enough urine.
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by 1860ixt: 9:57pm On Apr 02, 2022
[s]
post=111575354:
This is still not the end of this slap matter ooo.

No be small slap.....
[/s]
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 02, 2022
Na man dey rule the world but na woman dey control the world. The victim game player don cost this SIMPle man career, if you don Gerrit 4ge abourit
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by JUMO95: 10:49pm On Apr 02, 2022
hes is a sorrry assMAN

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by bepositive11: 5:32am On Apr 03, 2022
It's those men who lack self control and self discipline

Sergio101:
vagina people don see this man finish.

one "V" shape thing killing talent since 500BC.

Sad!.

Outta here!!!!!
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by kingthreat(m): 7:14am On Apr 03, 2022
Litmus:

There is a sub-branch of narcissism that involves the afflicted being unable to accept not being loved and respected by the target object. If Will Smith suffers from this and Jada is the object, Will Smith would be unable to leave until he believes Jada loves and respects him. He may not even love or respect her. His entire purpose, his being, his esteem, would be obsessed by the object loving and respecting him. This type of Narcissist can resort to killing the object in some future rage of frustration.

What you stated is some deep shit. I predict Will falling into some psychological trauma in the nearest future.
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by MARYIAN(f): 12:58am On Apr 04, 2022
Chris Rock messed with the wrong guy grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Bambam’s 30th Birthday Lingerie Party: Photos Of 2018 BBNaija Housemates Spotted / Unveiling Muna Obiekwe’s Morgue And Burial Plans / Mr Eazi Buys A Range Rover As A Christmas Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.