Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,423 members, 7,812,241 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap - Celebrities (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap (43723 Views)

Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out / Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap / Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by afroxyz: 11:28am On Apr 02, 2022
Standing up for your wife is not bad, but standing up for a 'wife' who publicly ridiculed you and has no regard for you is utter nonsense. Yet in all this, the wife has not come out to defend her husband.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Hassanmaye(m): 11:28am On Apr 02, 2022
advanceDNA:

Women don’t simp to that level...never

Thats why the highest you’ll get is boxers, singlet, 5k perfume, or their body which they got freely from nature...If you get more than that, it’s your money they used in buying it for you..or they have overflowing cash...like Beyoncé or cardiB

woman will take loan to open shop for her man?? Or take loan at the office to buy car for her husband from her hard earned salary.?? E no possible.....na only one woman fit do am...she don die 3214 years ago...

If they fight another woman for for you, it’s not about you ....it’s their source of money they trying to protect and displaying their monopolistic behavior

Na men like to behave like Mumu...
Intelligent niggar

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by SmartyPants(m): 11:30am On Apr 02, 2022
Karlovych:
2pac was portraying what he was not, he was largely raised in Baltimore (where he got entangled with Jada first) without much gang stuff going on there and only adopted that lifestyle when he became successful and moved to LA.

So eventually, he became a gangster, whether or not he was born and raised as one?

That still means he was a gangster, not merely portraying it.

Do you know Tupac shot two police officers for harassing a black man? The guy wasn't pretending - he was every bit the real gangster, particularly in the years leading up to his death.

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Karlovych: 11:31am On Apr 02, 2022
hush15:

this is quite harsh! narcissist or not, he did the right thing by standing for his family. if you would notice, Chris has not cracked any joke that attacks people after the incident, even in his recent standup, rather he was cracking jokes about himself. In fact, he tried as much not to crack based on what happened. Though people are applauding his maturity, he knows that he hurt some people, and am glad he is working on it.

Forget say people dey talk, Will Smith has turned the table. I won't be surprised if another comedian tries to crack a hurtful joke and he thinks he won't get a reaction, probably not a slap but not a positive one either. Jokes are about to evolve, and for the better I believe. the days of using someone pain to catch cruise is fast slipping away.
If the host had been female, and Will Smith slapped her for making a joke would you have supported it?

No jokes are not about to evolve, the same Hollywood spent years mocking their former President Trump.

Comedy is a genre where all forms of roasting is allowed (that's the point of it), try to make people laugh. The female ones even say worse things on their liveshows

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air was a comedy show which started Will Smith's career in Hollywood.

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Hassanmaye(m): 11:34am On Apr 02, 2022
TEYA:
Simp of a man! I wonder what Jada gave that guy to eat. Infact, she has finished him! someone cracked a joke, you laughed, then after 1
minute, you went and slapped him. Are you mad??!!
That's the power of pussy,she just gave him one look
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by afroxyz: 11:36am On Apr 02, 2022
GloriousGbola:

2pac was in digital underground

All his gangsta forming started after he joined death row

Someone suge Knight was chancing like everyone else

All of them - dre, snoop 2pac,studio gangstas

The only attempt at being a gangsta was a punk move where he held down a woman for his friend to rape

That is why will smith is worth more than all of them. At a time when the rap industry was all about fake machismo, and not 'selling out' will smith was on a tv show and doing happy rap

You need to grow up if you see movies like poetic justice or juice as meaningful.

You also need to grow up as you still idolize the empty posturing.

I remember ice cubes true to the game. Man does literally everything he was dissing sellouts

Snoop studio gangster? Someone who had a murder case hanging on his head before he came to death row. Tupac who shot two off duty cops for molesting a black man? Besides when did Tupac claim to be a gang banger? Abeg rest. You seem to be a pained biggie fan
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by afroxyz: 11:38am On Apr 02, 2022
Karlovych:
If the host had been female, and Will Smith slapped her for making a joke would you have supported it?

No jokes are not about to evolve, the same Hollywood spent years mocking their former President Trump.

Comedy is a genre where all forms of roasting is allowed (that's the point of it), try to make people laugh. The female ones even say worse things on their liveshows

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air was a comedy show which started Will Smith's career in Hollywood.

There is even an old clip of Will Smith roasting a guy for having bald head. When the crowd started getting disgusted, he said its a joke.
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by afroxyz: 11:39am On Apr 02, 2022
jaxxy:

He's not the first man to have his wife cheat on him and fix it. Atleast he's not training bastards like some people who might be insulting him. grin

All his kids are his.

The same kids that say they wish Tupac was their dad
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Karlovych: 11:41am On Apr 02, 2022
afroxyz:

There is even an old clip of Will Smith roasting a guy for having bald head. When the crowd started getting disgusted, he said its a joke.
Exactly, and that's the point of comedy.
The reason why he laughed at first was that he realized it was a joke and he instantly became triggered the moment he realized the wife wasn't happy about it.

There's a reason comedians host such awards because there's a lot of roasting expected from them.

The audience expect it
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by afroxyz: 11:42am On Apr 02, 2022
Ishilove:

He could have defended her in more effective ways rather than resorting to violence, now the ramifications of one moment of uncontrolled anger is costing him plenty. People are hardly remembering the award he won or the movie that earned him this win.

I'm learning a lesson in anger management in this whole show of shame.

As Denzel Washington rightly told him after the incident, "At your highest moment, that's when the devil comes"
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by afroxyz: 11:46am On Apr 02, 2022
Encyclopedia1:

So cos she will not die from it then someone should do memes with that? Now I understand u.

But it is okay for her to use the baldness to bag a movie role and make money off it right?
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by NoToPile: 11:52am On Apr 02, 2022
Lool the hypocris though, the same set of people that hailed Bianca for slapping a woman that insulted her are the ones criticizing will Smith who slapped for the same reason.

There are ways to handle issues not necessarily slap.
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:53am On Apr 02, 2022
THEY SHOULD HAVE IMMEDIATELY WITHDRAWN THAT PLAQUE FROM HIM.NOW,THE OSCARS HAS BEEN DIMINISHED AND PISSED UPON BY THIS WORLD SHOW OF SHAMEundecided
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:56am On Apr 02, 2022
THEY SHOULD HAVE IMMEDIATELY WITHDRAWN THAT PLAQUE FROM HIM.NOW,THE OSCARS HAS BEEN DIMINISHED AND PISSED UPON BY THIS WORLD SHOW OF SHAMEundecided WILL SMITH HAD NO RESPECT FOR THE OSCARS,EVEN DANSEL BOTH THING IS FUNNY. ITS ALL NUISANCE BEHAVIOUR THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE,IS BEASTIALITY BEHAVIOUR, AND TERRIBLE EXAMPLE TO KIDS. undecided
WHAT SHOULD HAVE DONE IS WAIT FOR CHRIS OUTSIDE AFTER THE SHOW TO RESPOND. angry
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by victorsola: 11:56am On Apr 02, 2022
Ahmed0336:

You dey mind that one? He allowed emotions to finish his career
how did his career finish . He still won, he his still one of the highest paid actor of all time. Now explain finish . All his endorsements are still intact, his followers are still intact and cashing out through that . So define finish .
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by GloriousGbola: 12:04pm On Apr 02, 2022
afroxyz:

Snoop studio gangster? Someone who had a murder case hanging on his head before he came to death row. Tupac who shot two off duty cops for molesting a black man? Besides when did Tupac claim to be a gang banger? Abeg rest. You seem to be a pained biggie fan

I grew up on all of it. They are all studio gangsters.

Tupac shot two off duty cops and was not arrested? In America? Keep dreaming

You don't know tupac had a rape case?

Better grow up before you let all these performers manipulate you into joining cult
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by GloriousGbola: 12:07pm On Apr 02, 2022
SmartyPants:

You have this habit of going off on unreasonable and silly rants.

It is a fact that Tupac was a gangster. It is also a fact that Suge Knight was a much more dangerous gangster.

Nowhere have i said being a gangsta is a good thing. So how and where have i idolized him?

You musn't always be silly!

Those movies were deeply meaningful because they portrayed the reality of the black man as opposed to Smiths biggest movies which were sci fi or mindless violence i.e bad boys.

It's you who needs to grow up and learn how to have mature conversations.

Unfortunately Seun is yet to implement an ignore button. Rest assured I will not entertain your desperate attempts for attention from your intellectual superiors in future. Good riddance to a toddler struggling with pull up diapers
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by SmartyPants(m): 12:08pm On Apr 02, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Unfortunately Seun is yet to implement an ignore button. Rest assured I will not entertain your desperate attempts for attention from your intellectual superiors in future. Good riddance to a toddler struggling with pull up diapers

shut up and get away.
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Encyclopedia1: 12:10pm On Apr 02, 2022
afroxyz:

But it is okay for her to use the baldness to bag a movie role and make money off it right?

U just said she used it for herself and not someone else using it for her. Good job. U answered ur own question.
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Encyclopedia1: 12:12pm On Apr 02, 2022
TheWolfen:

Do you mean it is out of the ordinary?
I am not saying that but is it a good thing to joke with health issues? If no then I think he was wrong to have joked with her baldness.
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Encyclopedia1: 12:12pm On Apr 02, 2022
effort1:

Take it or leave, men are doing the female gender a favour by having multiple wives
Totally agree.
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Encyclopedia1: 12:14pm On Apr 02, 2022
ceaser:

Two of una dey madt, a swear grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin. I no fit laugh jare.
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by jaxxy(m): 12:15pm On Apr 02, 2022
afroxyz:

The same kids that say they wish Tupac was their dad

Same way many of u wish dangote, author eze or otedola was their dads.
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by GloriousGbola: 1:17pm On Apr 02, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

This is certainly interesting. However, Mr Smith is standing by his wife whether or not people think he's been emasculated or a simp. He's doing what he is doing on his own. Nobody is forcing him to. What are her little crimes compared to his great love for her?

He's got his family to protect. He's not ready to scatter that because of a little cheating and mooning. He's a virtuous man. Slapping isn't the way to go about it, though.

and this is why we have the western mgtow movement which has been misadopted by nigerian youths into redpill nonsense

double standards

the sisterhood is giving jada a pass for cheating , and for creepy predatory sex.

no woman would be so forgiving of will smith if the roles had been reversed

a little cheating and mooning undecided undecided undecided

isokkayooo

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Ishilove: 1:32pm On Apr 02, 2022
afroxyz:

As Denzel Washington rightly told him after the incident, "At your highest moment, that's when the devil comes"
Wiser words have never been spoken.

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by SunMusk(m): 1:36pm On Apr 02, 2022
Take am easy.... Most Americans didn't support is action
Reflect7:
One more thing. Hypocritical Americans who see nothing wrong with their country being the world's largest weapons manufacturer and supplier to the nations, whose weapons and invasions have slaughtered and maimed hundreds of millions of innocent people worldwide, from Iraq to Vietnam, yet play outraged saints over a guy who merely slapped another guy for publicly mocking his sick wife, really can go to blazes.
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by jeiz333: 1:40pm On Apr 02, 2022
qekng40:
A Legend!

I wish him well because I know he did the right thing! wink

The slap was a necessity grin

Chris Rock messed with the wrong guy!

NB: No more replies to mentions, I said what I said. You lots should drink water if you don't agree. I'm off this thread for y'all cool

He stood up for his wife. That I agree.
But he could have done it differently and Chris would have been shamed. He just needed take the mic, explain the wife's condition, everyone crys and Chris buries his head in shame.
Why do we laugh or make jokes at kids with cerebral palsy, calling them imbeciles.
That's the same feeling Will had.
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by BRATISLAVA: 1:48pm On Apr 02, 2022
GloriousGbola:

and this is why we have the western mgtow movement which has been misadopted by nigerian youths into redpill nonsense

double standards

the sisterhood is giving jada a pass for cheating , and for creepy predatory sex.

no woman would be so forgiving of will smith if the roles had been reversed

a little cheating and mooning undecided undecided undecided

isokkayooo

There's no pass for cheating, but what can you do when the man who was cheated on has forgiven her whole-heartedly? Castigate him for what gives him peace of mind?

MGTOW/TRP is really for damaged men. Even the people that came up with it were respective failures at relationships. Blaming women and trying to manipulate them isn't the essence of relationships.

We should all learn to be as open minded and accommodating as Smith. Life isn't all about fire and brimstone once it involves women.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Raalsalghul: 1:59pm On Apr 02, 2022
afroxyz:
Standing up for your wife is not bad, but standing up for a 'wife' who publicly ridiculed you and has no regard for you is utter nonsense. Yet in all this, the wife has not come out to defend her husband.

@ your last statement, that is even the funny thing. Jada hasn't come out to say a word since this whole incident. I don't think that lady rates him at all.
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Raalsalghul: 2:08pm On Apr 02, 2022
SmartyPants:

So eventually, he became a gangster, whether or not he was born and raised as one?

That still means he was a gangster, not merely portraying it.

Do you know Tupac shot two police officers for harassing a black man? The guy wasn't pretending - he was every bit the real gangster, particularly in the years leading up to his death.

I wouldn't call Tupac a gangster, but yes he was a troubled young man. All that gangster stuff started when he joined Death Row.

To buttress my points, go through his first three albums: 2pacalypse, Strictly 4 My Niggaz, Me Against The World

and

compare to his fourth album: All Eyez On Me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Nicki Minaj Acknowledges 360nobs By Noble Igwe For Giving Her Best Dressed Award / Clem Ohameze To Undergo Surgery, Calls For Thoughts And Prayers (Video) / DJ Cuppy Finally Relocates To Lagos; Announces Her Relocation With This Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.