Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,194 members, 7,829,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap - Celebrities (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap (43824 Views)

Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out / Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap / Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:52am On Apr 02, 2022
Will really let me down sha. I really loved that guy all through those many years. The real Will is a true gentleman. What he displayed isn't him at all. Dude was just trying to please his bitch wife.

2 Likes

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by 9japride(m): 9:55am On Apr 02, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
I like this word you used 'corner eye look'. Pigin sweet sha
[color=#006600][/color]

grin Thanks
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by 9japride(m): 9:58am On Apr 02, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Will really let me down sha. I really loved that guy all through those many years. The real Will is a true gentleman. What he displayed isn't him at all. Dude was just trying to please his bitch wife.
[color=#006600][/color]

Yea, that extreme act of impression was not necessary. Hope they don't cancel him with that their funny 'cancel culture'?

2 Likes

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by neztar: 10:01am On Apr 02, 2022
Karlovych:
He acted exactly the way weak creatures act and is facing the consequences.

His wife is not ill and calling someone GI Jane doesn't warrant a physical assault. Will Smith is a comedian as well and has made fun of people on several occasions without getting assaulted.

He laughed and the joke only to get angry when he turned and saw the wife's face

Emotional creatures like you lack common sense and will waste no time to embarrass yourself in public because of your uncontrolled feelings.

Next time when someone says something you don't like walk up to them and slap them.

Jada loves Will so much that she cheated on him with a boy half her age.
will smith was never a comedian
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by advanceDNA: 10:03am On Apr 02, 2022
qekng40:

Because he's more manly than you claim to be.

He’s matured
He’s a real man
He’s a strong man
Yen, yen, yen!!!
Yet his wife his climbing another man’s pen!s and she doesn’t care the whole world knows

You ladies just use that word “matured” when a man sheepishly does want you want e.g .”.awwwnn he’s such a matured gentleman.” The mumu probably took loan to buy her his girlfriend something he can’t afford..

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by jaxxy(m): 10:04am On Apr 02, 2022
mcameo:

Yes, legend in foolery.!!!!

He's not the first man to have his wife cheat on him and fix it. Atleast he's not training bastards like some people who might be insulting him. grin

All his kids are his.

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by GloriousGbola: 10:13am On Apr 02, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by neztar: 10:20am On Apr 02, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

He did the right thing?

Imagine a world where everyone's response to what they don't like to hear is physical violence.

Those supporting Smith are not objective. Most just enjoy fights. The same Will Smith who made jokes about another bald person without being slapped?
smith is an hypocrite. Do you know he initially laughed at the joke before going ahead to slap his fellow black man. Imagine if the joke was coming from a white comedian, would he have slapped him?

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by EmmaLege: 10:22am On Apr 02, 2022
advanceDNA:

Women don’t simp to that level...never

Thats why the highest you’ll get is boxers, singlet, 5k perfume, or their body which they got freely from nature...If you get more than that, it’s your money they used in buying it for you..or they have overflowing cash...like Beyoncé or cardiB

woman will take loan to open shop for her man?? Or take loan at the office to buy car for her husband from her hard earned salary.?? E no possible.....na only one woman fit do am...she don die 3214 years ago...

If they fight another woman for for you, it’s not about you ....it’s their source of money they trying to protect..

Na men like to behave like Mumu...

You are right my brother

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by safarigirl(f): 10:30am On Apr 02, 2022
This entire thread is filled with people that have either not been married long enough to have an opinion on a 20-year old marriage, or people who have been serial cheats in their marriages, but their wives still stay with them, or people who have even been abusive towards their wives.

Either way, from the opinions a lot of these people hold, you can tell just what kind of husbands they can make or have made.
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by greypencils: 10:30am On Apr 02, 2022
Baba done dey give plenty shalaye. More will still follow. Self control would have prevented all this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by safarigirl(f): 10:31am On Apr 02, 2022
jaxxy:

He's not the first man to have his wife cheat on him and fix it. Atleast he's not training bastards like some people who might be insulting him. grin

All his kids are his.

Thank you O

At least his children are his own.

The people calling him names on this thread, are most likely raising another man's kids, but Will Smith is a simp

There are worse things a man can be, than a simp

4 Likes

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by BRATISLAVA: 10:39am On Apr 02, 2022
GloriousGbola:

With all will and jadas history and all that has come out since then , this is the first time I find the word simp applicable

Jada is for all intents and purposes still feening for 2pac, a fellow who will is 20 times the worth of as a man. 2pac that had to do fake gangsta to blow and who was an accessory to rape. That is what will is feeling intimidated by

Then she cheated on him. With their sons friend.
She could not find some stranger, some guy her age, no she went for a young friend of the family. That is grooming predatory s**t

If will smith had pulled that s**t, going after willows 21 year old friends he would have been cancelled so fast

Jada pinkett is not the woman to get into this s**t over. She is bad market.

I am just.sad for the guy. In hindsight he was fine with his first wife but decided he wanted geto /pako babe.

This is the bobby brown and Whitney story with roles reversed.

This is certainly interesting. However, Mr Smith is standing by his wife whether or not people think he's been emasculated or a simp. He's doing what he is doing on his own. Nobody is forcing him to. What are her little crimes compared to his great love for her?

He's got his family to protect. He's not ready to scatter that because of a little cheating and mooning. He's a virtuous man. Slapping isn't the way to go about it, though.

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by chiedozie198100: 10:40am On Apr 02, 2022
I see divorce in the future.
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Yuyu0328(f): 10:40am On Apr 02, 2022
Will Smith needs to leave Jada, she has totally emasculated him. He was laughing along until he saw her face... . Chris Rock's was only comparing her to the bad ass woman in GI Jane .
He should go and slap August Alsina

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by VULCAN(m): 10:41am On Apr 02, 2022
What has the length of time a bad thing has gone on got to do with whether it should be continue to exist?

This type of backward thinking explains in part why you have supported a lifeless man for so many years after he has proven grossly incapable of sound leadership.

post=111575399:

Go divorce him wife of 25 years for am nah.
The wife wey him don marry before dem born you.....

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by SmartyPants(m): 10:41am On Apr 02, 2022
Reflect7:
One more thing. Hypocritical Americans who see nothing wrong with their country being the world's largest weapons manufacturer and supplier to the nations, whose weapons and invasions have slaughtered and maimed hundreds of millions of innocent people worldwide, from Iraq to Vietnam, yet play outraged saints over a guy who merely slapped another guy for publicly mocking his sick wife, really can go to blazes.

Without commenting on the other issues, i am still trying to understand how the G.I Joe reference was an insult. I mean, it was a reference to her condition, but was it insulting in any way? Is acting in G.I Joe a bad thing now for a woman who has acted action movies before?

I mean where is the exact insult? At best, it might be insensitive but insulting??

3 Likes

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by SmartyPants(m): 10:43am On Apr 02, 2022
GloriousGbola:

With all will and jadas history and all that has come out since then , this is the first time I find the word simp applicable

Jada is for all intents and purposes still feening for 2pac, a fellow who will is 20 times the worth of as a man. 2pac that had to do fake gangsta to blow and who was an accessory to rape. That is what will is feeling intimidated by

Then she cheated on him. With their sons friend.
She could not find some stranger, some guy her age, no she went for a young friend of the family. That is grooming predatory s**t

If will smith had pulled that s**t, going after willows 21 year old friends he would have been cancelled so fast

Jada pinkett is not the woman to get into this s**t over. She is bad market.

I am just.sad for the guy. In hindsight he was fine with his first wife but decided he wanted geto /pako babe.

This is the bobby brown and Whitney story with roles reversed.

Calm down sir. Tupac was never a fake gangsta, and really, if we're honest, in his short years on earth he was far more impactful than Will at everything Will does.

Both men were rappers. Tupac was far more impactful.

Both men were actors. Other than the pursuit of happyness, Tupac's movies were far more meaningful.

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by thrillionaire(m): 10:55am On Apr 02, 2022
youngblaq:

It's not right to talk to anyone like your first sentence does, this person never offended you in any way and he's entitled to his opinions. You should apologize.

Will doesn't even know who you are ffs.
Extreme provocation for what exactly? Is apolecia a form of cancer now? That shit is never a disease and certainly not worth worrying about like you're making it sound...and any man who can't master and tame is emotions is only a pussy..a pussy ass weakling who even laughed .... Laughed on hearing the same joke that 'provoked' him but had to turn radical because the said wife doesn't look pleased.

Will could have told Rock the same thing he told him after hitting him without him moving an inch, but NO!
He had to walk several strides to commit 'battery' on on his first Oscar night.. ruining a night that should have been his best in the pictures.

Will made mockery of Arsenio Hall's mother! Once a comedian himself made a joke out of a bald headed drummer...it's just a joke Jada should even appreciate because tipping her for that G.I Jane role would probably be too much for her lol...Rock initially said...'Jada, I love you'.

Let's do away with all that... Now, if the presenter was a person like Dwayne 'Rock' Johnson and he made similar remarks about Jada...do you think Will would try that nonsense?

Will is ashamed of himself rn. He has quite a shameless family though (if Jada could sleep with her own child age range while in a marriage) and that fool of a son could tweet 'thats how we do it in the family'. Their shame is out of this planet.
You took the words outta my mouth, bravo! Exactly my thoughts, I was asking a friend.. if it was Dwayne Johnson - The Rock on stage will Will Smith have the nerve to go slap him? Smh
I commend Rock for his self discipline to not react else it would have been a huge live shame.

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by thrillionaire(m): 10:57am On Apr 02, 2022
youngblaq:

You're a super confused fellow with no iota of common sense. Learning is far from you with the type of brain you're punished with.
But t'was you just advising someone to apologise and be civil nau.. rein in your emotions and respond 'civily'
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Oracleforce: 11:02am On Apr 02, 2022
Women have been ruining guys' careers since the time of Adam in the garden of Eden...and Will Smith will not be an exception...

Fear women more than the devil because though they are called weaker vessels but they are capable of destroying the entire world...

Is there any reason to marry? I don't think so...FEAR women
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by GloriousGbola: 11:03am On Apr 02, 2022
SmartyPants:

Calm down sir. Tupac was never a fake gangsta, and really, if we're honest, in his short years on earth he was far more impactful than Will at everything Will does.

Both men were rappers. Tupac was far more impactful.

Both men were actors. Other than the pursuit of happyness, Tupac's movies were far more meaningful.

2pac was in digital underground

All his gangsta forming started after he joined death row

Someone suge Knight was chancing like everyone else

All of them - dre, snoop 2pac,studio gangstas

The only attempt at being a gangsta was a punk move where he held down a woman for his friend to rape

That is why will smith is worth more than all of them. At a time when the rap industry was all about fake machismo, and not 'selling out' will smith was on a tv show and doing happy rap

You need to grow up if you see movies like poetic justice or juice as meaningful.

You also need to grow up as you still idolize the empty posturing.

I remember ice cubes true to the game. Man does literally everything he was dissing sellouts

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by SmartyPants(m): 11:09am On Apr 02, 2022
GloriousGbola:

2pac was in digital underground

All his gangsta forming started after he joined death row

Someone suge Knight was chancing like everyone else

All of them - dre, snoop 2pac,studio gangstas

The only attempt at being a gangsta was a punk move where he held down a woman for his friend to rape

That is why will smith is worth more than all of them. At a time when the rap industry was all about fake machismo, and not 'selling out' will smith was on a tv show and doing happy rap

You need to grow up if you see movies like poetic justice or juice as meaningful.

You also need to grow up as you still idolize the empty posturing.

I remember ice cubes true to the game. Man does literally everything he was dissing sellouts

You have this habit of going off on unreasonable and silly rants.

It is a fact that Tupac was a gangster. It is also a fact that Suge Knight was a much more dangerous gangster.

Nowhere have i said being a gangsta is a good thing. So how and where have i idolized him?

You musn't always be silly!

Those movies were deeply meaningful because they portrayed the reality of the black man as opposed to Smiths biggest movies which were sci fi or mindless violence i.e bad boys.

It's you who needs to grow up and learn how to have mature conversations.
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Hassanmaye(m): 11:14am On Apr 02, 2022
Sergio101:
vagina people don see this man finish.

one "V" shape thing killing talent since 500BC.

Sad!.

Outta here!!!!!
Haha you mean we should avoid them
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by TheWolfen(m): 11:15am On Apr 02, 2022
Encyclopedia1:

Her baldness is not natural . Go and read her story well. Even at that, should the fool use it as a point of joke? Too bad.
Do you mean it is out of the ordinary?
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by youngblaq: 11:16am On Apr 02, 2022
thrillionaire:
But t'was you just advising someone to apologise and be civil nau.. rein in your emotions and respond 'civily'

Breaking point attained..lol

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by hush15: 11:21am On Apr 02, 2022
Karlovych:
embarassed A 53 year old man destroying his life and embarrassing himself over and over again because of a bald, short narcissist he calls a wife.

Always acting out emotionally over simple issues that a reasonable adult deals with in a matured manner, like in this case over a joke.

No wonder the Mrs baldy cheated on him, a foolish, weak man that resorts to crying to avoid taking responsibilities for his actions. A weak, helpless soul that allows himself to be cucked from the grave by a rapper that died over 25 years ago.

His childish outburst has given plenty of comedians more material to work with and roast him the more, perhaps then he can cry and ocean of tears and baldy can sob on her red table.

this is quite harsh! narcissist or not, he did the right thing by standing for his family. if you would notice, Chris has not cracked any joke that attacks people after the incident, even in his recent standup, rather he was cracking jokes about himself. In fact, he tried as much not to crack based on what happened. Though people are applauding his maturity, he knows that he hurt some people, and am glad he is working on it.

Forget say people dey talk, Will Smith has turned the table. I won't be surprised if another comedian tries to crack a hurtful joke and he thinks he won't get a reaction, probably not a slap but not a positive one either. Jokes are about to evolve, and for the better I believe. the days of using someone pain to catch cruise is fast slipping away.
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by JoshuaOmoruyi(m): 11:22am On Apr 02, 2022
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Karlovych: 11:25am On Apr 02, 2022
SmartyPants:

You have this habit of going off on unreasonable and silly rants.

It is a fact that Tupac was a gangster. It is also a fact that Suge Knight was a much more dangerous gangster.

Nowhere have i said being a gangsta is a good thing. So how and where have i idolized him?

You musn't always be silly!

Those movies were deeply meaningful because they portrayed the reality of the black man as opposed to Smiths biggest movies which were sci fi or mindless violence i.e bad boys.

It's you who needs to grow up and learn how to have mature conversations.
2pac was portraying what he was not, he was largely raised in Baltimore (where he got entangled with Jada first) without much gang stuff going on there and only adopted that lifestyle when he became successful and moved to LA.
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Hassanmaye(m): 11:25am On Apr 02, 2022
Badguyyyy123:
Chai, las las pussy end this man career cry
If we tell you to be careful with them you will say we are misogynists

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Hassanmaye(m): 11:26am On Apr 02, 2022
Karlovych:
embarassed A 53 year old man destroying his life and embarrassing himself over and over again because of a bald, short narcissist he calls a wife.

Always acting out emotionally over simple issues that a reasonable adult deals with in a matured manner, like in this case over a joke.

No wonder the Mrs baldy cheated on him, a foolish, weak man that resorts to crying to avoid taking responsibilities for his actions. A weak, helpless soul that allows himself to be cucked from the grave by a rapper that died over 25 years ago.

His childish outburst has given plenty of comedians more material to work with and roast him the more, perhaps then he can cry and ocean of tears and baldy can sob on her red table.
Wow you have finished him
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by fireman2: 11:27am On Apr 02, 2022
This man mumu too much ooo!!!!You want to stop one man from "keeping your wife's name out of his mouth " ,but ended up keeping your wife's name in the mouth of billions of people....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Photo Of Tuface And Annie Idibia Then And Now.. / Tboss Celebrates Her Romanian Grandmother's Birthday / What's Wrong With This Picture Of 2face?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.