Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,455 members, 7,823,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN (27418 Views)

NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today / Confusion As Telcos Alert Subscribers To NIN-SIM Link Irregularities / 7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Worldlegend(m): 9:14am On Apr 05, 2022
I went and borrow 5k from Mtn, the last time they threatened to blocked my sin because of NIN.

now I have repaid them
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by DryMouth: 9:14am On Apr 05, 2022
IamBabsjnr:
I have 3 sims and all are linked to my NIN.
government has been warning you since last year and extended the deadline but you guys didn't listen.
Shut up your useless mouth.

So we shuld pay money to do NIN

5 Likes

Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by ChristineC: 9:15am On Apr 05, 2022
CoolAmbience:

Mtchewww.

Do you even know the relations between access to communication and security?

The blocking is long overdue. What does it cost anyone to follow a national directive, with obvious collective gain potential?

If na abroad now, we go queue for line like 'zomos' to do am.

Go see as Nigerians dey rush Covid vaccines just to travel abroad...but dem sidon since dey spew nonsense about the same vaccines because the advise come from our own government.

with all the rants, you said nothing about how nin-sim fights insecurity.

2 Likes

Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by MITCHELL96: 9:15am On Apr 05, 2022
Authoreety:
Weda them block am or not.... We no go link

Government should do their worse!

Bad guy cool
You get Coconut head grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by CoolAmbience(m): 9:16am On Apr 05, 2022
CaptainAyub:

Insecurity, especially kidnapping actually got worse since they started doing this linking.
The link is more of to monitor opposition and criticism.
Pantami who is in charge of all your personal you submitted is a well know terrorist sympathiser.

Let me get your kidnapping stats before and after the linking commenced.

Oga, I am not a drinker. I no sabi beer parlour gist. I will be glad to have your data and source(s).
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 05, 2022
I have 4 lines 2 airtel ,1 mtn and 1 glo and all of them are going through,not barred yet and never will it be barred..na naija we de ..this things never work..all na initial gra gra ..

3 Likes

Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Johel(m): 9:17am On Apr 05, 2022
knowhowk:
Mine has been Blocked .
Tried so many times to get it Linked ,It didn't work..

The linkage is useless...did mine just to fulfill all righteousness,not like it will change anything...useless government.
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by moseslarry(m): 9:17am On Apr 05, 2022
Ebubu:
na mtn?

They've barred mine too, but, tentatively I will be using whatsapp call for now.

1 Like

Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Theunbothered: 9:18am On Apr 05, 2022
fk001:
They gave you everyone grace of time to link up, but some Nigerians are stubborn like goats

ExAngel007:
Good for them.

The warning had been going on for a long time.

IamBabsjnr:
I have 3 sims and all are linked to my NIN.
government has been warning you since last year and extended the deadline but you guys didn't listen.

Good I want all the lines to be blocked.

After the econmic stagnation this causes you will tell me the benefits of this useless policy.

CoolAmbience:

Mtchewww.

The blocking is long overdue. What does it cost anyone to follow a national directive, with obvious collective gain potential?

When millions died due to the national directives of Stalin and Mao I'm sure many people were asking the same foolish question.

But before the day ends you must tell me one person who has been caught through the NIN.

2 Likes

Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by twilliamx(m): 9:20am On Apr 05, 2022
Bodmum:
God punish Buhari

Why? Even though mine is blocked but thats my own fault cos they have given enough time to link the nin. Its a security lapse if numbers can't be verified.
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by boom99(m): 9:22am On Apr 05, 2022
Mine blocked
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by tempusfugit: 9:24am On Apr 05, 2022
Most people re underestimating the impact of such development, my Kenyan friend came to Nigeria to spend some time , he wasn't able to get a sim card due to the fact that he doesn't have nin, he most get residential permit before processing the nin, I was happy that we re having such development in Nigeria
CoolAmbience:

Mtchewww.

Go see as Nigerians dey rush Covid vaccines just to travel abroad...but dem sidon since dey spew nonsense about the same vaccines because the advise come from our own government.

2 Likes

Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by ajademola2000(m): 9:24am On Apr 05, 2022
heniford2:
Lies no number has been banned
No be lie bro. The message I’m getting Dey clear. My line has been banned from making call. Link NIN number. MTN I don’t know about other network
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by tuzle(m): 9:25am On Apr 05, 2022
I would have linked my own since. but the day I wanted to link it, I found my line was registered to a wrong name and I have been using this line for more than 9 years, even my account and bvn is linked to the number

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by ceejayluv(m): 9:26am On Apr 05, 2022
Buliwyf:

I am sure most of those bandits didn't link. Just like you.

Nin isn't the only Way to track calls.
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by haabidah666: 9:26am On Apr 05, 2022
;DI na understand

My neighbor has been trying to make a call since, but, they are saying You are not allowed to call this number....lol
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by geelite(m): 9:28am On Apr 05, 2022
grin grin
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by CaptainAyub: 9:30am On Apr 05, 2022
CoolAmbience:

Oga, I am not a drinker. I no sabi beer parlour gist. I will be glad to have your data and source(s).

No wonder.
As you no be beer drinker,na surely head slammer you be.
They've given you ppl instructions in your miyetti Allah groups to support your god buhari and his foot soldiers so u can go ahead and deny d obvious.
Even daft ppl know kidnapping became a daily occurrence especially in the North this last 2 yrs.
Pantami's son was kidnapped and he paid ransom,why didn't he use NiN to rescue him?

4 Likes

Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by CoolAmbience(m): 9:30am On Apr 05, 2022
Haryoife:

But imagine someone been kidnapped and they want to contact the person’s relatives
How will it be possible.. this it’s not stopping anything

You could think this out but couldn't ask why anyone would want to kidnap anyone when they aren't certain of a communication channel with which to negotiate ransom. What is the point in engaging in deadly kidnapping if it is near impossible to guarantee collection of ransom?

Did you hear of the Rugu forest invasion by the military in which more than 20 kidnap victims were rescued? Rugu forest is in Kastina state. How about the rescue of Okonjo-Iweala mother? How was that possible? What of the over 200 bandits that were smoked out from their hideout in Niger State? Do you even know that the police and military have dedicated tracking units?

I know of countless cases where tracking was deployed to save lives, hence the SIM-NIN linking is something to be taken seriously. I have a tracker friend who works with security agencies in kidnap rescue operations. Dem don rescue tons of people, and recover wanton stolen properties. So, you either link your phone line or get barred. Dem no dey beg person.

Your comment is really disappointing, I must say.

1 Like

Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by slickycee: 9:31am On Apr 05, 2022
Walkee:
I applied for NIN since November last year, nothing. They said their website is dead. What was I supposed to link?

me since last year October, the regular excuse is network is down.
I still went there February, still the same excuse.

Right now I'm willing to use someone else's own. Since I can't still get mine.
For those thinking NIN is to stop bandits, stop being foolish,
Kidnappers would still use the victims phone to make the calls .
What happened to bvn , sim registration etc.

But even if we talk from now till tomorrow solution won't still come out.
So let's watch and see

2 Likes

Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Theunbothered: 9:31am On Apr 05, 2022
CoolAmbience:

You can as well mention one kidnapper caught through NIN
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by haabidah666: 9:32am On Apr 05, 2022
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by madridguy(m): 9:32am On Apr 05, 2022
Stop deceiving yourself brother. NIN won't increase the security of this country if we don't do the right thing. Some months ago, the FG ordered the Telecos to shut down the network in many towns to curb insecurities, what has been the result from it?

CoolAmbience:

Mtchewww.

Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Victerica(m): 9:32am On Apr 05, 2022
How many politicians wey don link their numbers?

God punish una!
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by everythinggirly(f): 9:37am On Apr 05, 2022
What kinda rubbish?? No wonder my line just went off, instead of making the country better, in fact, how will this new thing bring money to their company.

The person/company that is responsible for blocking these network should have a rethink.

Take for instance that we can it live without sim card, death rate would have been recorded every day.

Contact me for your writing services!
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by airsaylongcome: 9:38am On Apr 05, 2022
fk001:
They gave you everyone grace of time to link up, but some Nigerians are stubborn like goats

Some were counting scores

Coconut Head 25 - 0 FG

FG just scored one goal now and they are all groaning
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Theunbothered: 9:38am On Apr 05, 2022
Buliwyf:

I am sure most of those bandits didn't link. Just like you.

What of their victims have any been found using the NIN yet?
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Theunbothered: 9:39am On Apr 05, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Some were counting scores

Coconut Head 25 - 0 FG

FG just scored one goal now and they are all groaning

I'm coming back to this when they eventually remove the block.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by do4luv14(m): 9:39am On Apr 05, 2022
Shadysen:
bastard , what's the need of nin, grace kill u there

there is Bvn, TIN, Vin, PVC and what am I even missing sef,

heck even Lasapa cards, why suffer people to pack like sardine to register for NIN, when the simple thing to do is to combine either 2 or 3 up there to cross check details, then issues directive to those that needs update, while contacting those whose Data are correct, then print their P-Nin

2 Likes

Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Mautinfoster: 9:40am On Apr 05, 2022
Please what can I do in this matter, I have linked my glo line and mtn line with my nin a long time ago, only for me to discover that the glo line has been blocked. This is so annoying, what can I do?
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by CoolAmbience(m): 9:41am On Apr 05, 2022
slickycee:

me since last year October, the regular excuse is network is down.
I still went there February, still the same excuse.

Right now I'm willing to use someone else's own. Since I can't still get mine.
For those thinking NIN is to stop bandits, stop being foolish,
Kidnappers would still use the victims phone to make the calls .
What happened to bvn , sim registration etc.

But even if we talk from now till tomorrow solution won't still come out.
So let's watch and see

Oga, you mustn't show ignorance in everything. Wetin pass you, pass you.

So, the victim's phone wey the kidnapper wan use no go dey linked? That is the idea.

So long the phone line is linked to a NIN. Tracking efficiency, and by extension, is enhanced.

As for you using your friends linked phone line, that one na una palava. Your friend never know wetin e dey do, except of course, you no dey do crime.
Re: Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN by Ray07(m): 9:43am On Apr 05, 2022
Bastards government. angry

Am getting a satellite phone ASAP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Much Do You Spend On Data Monthly / Telecoms Subscribers Hit 153m, Airtel Tops / Man Awarded N530,000 Against MTN By Federal High Court For Callertunez Deduction

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.