Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,950 members, 7,835,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines (36785 Views)

MTN Apologises For Network Glitch / MTN Apologises For Glitch, Customer's Debts To Be Restored. / Today Is NIN-SIM Linking jDeadline; Have You Done Yours? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by nedzuby: 9:30am On Apr 06, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Why are most Nigerians so adamant and stubborn? undecided
You were given an instruction to follow.. instead of doing that you flouted the order..now that you are paying for it you complaining..?

Do what is requested of you and move on..this stubbornness will solve nothing.. undecided

Don’t mind them, let them cry a river. FG gave them over a year and they busy call Patani terrorist.

Why are we like this, we don’t want to take responsibility for anything and yet we want to blame others ever when we are clearly wrong
Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by WebSurfer(m): 9:30am On Apr 06, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
You were given an instruction to follow.. instead of doing that you flouted the order..now that you are paying for it you complaining..?

Do what is requested of you and move on..this stubbornness will solve nothing.. undecided
Is this illiteracy or you just rushed to comment ?
Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by Prevent: 9:32am On Apr 06, 2022
MrSeth:
Wasn't even bothered with the ban thing.

We don't call people and people don't call us.

Sometimes I wonder why I even own a phone
Then consider giving it out to a good samaritan that is in need of it.

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by Abujakenneth: 9:34am On Apr 06, 2022
That is why the word "stubborn" is in the dictionary. Government was stubborn for not obeying court order smiley
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:36am On Apr 06, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Your comment was a bit shortsighted please.
The post is clearly more about those whose lines got barred despite having linked their SIM. Hence the reason for MTN's apology.

I was personally affected having linked my Glo and Etisalat lines barely 48hrs of getting my NIN. I recieved congratulatory messages from both Telcos at the time (2020) after doing so. Yet was barred yesterday. Meanwhile my driver who doesn't even have NIN could call out. I borrowed his phone to continue my transactions yday.

Not all Nigerians are "stubborn". A good number of us did the right thing but there seems to be some disconnection btw NIMC and Telcos.
Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by gassbee: 9:38am On Apr 06, 2022
Stubborn subscribers wey no dey gree hear word, na dem dey complain now
Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by F117nighthawk: 9:39am On Apr 06, 2022
Stupidity runs everywhere in Nigeria, even the private sector cannot compile simple data of the citizens, everything about Nigeria is all about failure and confusion, the government na the baba of them all. Naija the country of OPPOSITE PEOPLE
Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by Prevent: 9:41am On Apr 06, 2022
IamBabsjnr:

i don't know what's wrong with them.nigerians tend to take serious issues requiring documentation with levity.
Keep shut! you should not always poo with that basket you call a mouthangry.

mods no offencecheesy
Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by Prevent: 9:42am On Apr 06, 2022
BOTTAN4Real:
Most Nigerians are the stubborn type. Tell them to do something, No. We have been enough time to do the linking. There should be consequences for bad behavior.
You are a fo.ol and you would find out soonangry.
Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 06, 2022
Order people wer don already link their line at nin office but their line still barred what a shame to this nigeria

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by lexy2014: 10:03am On Apr 06, 2022
IamBabsjnr:

i don't know what's wrong with them.nigerians tend to take serious issues requiring documentation with levity.

Who are the them? Aren't u a Nigerian abi na togolese u be? How did u arrive at the conclusion that "nigerians tend to take serious issues requiring documentation with levity"? What is the documentation issue here? Did u read the story at all before u vomitted what u just did? If u are condemning Nigerians, why don't u afk yourself why is the govt so desperate about NIN? Of what benefit is it to Nigerians?
Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by lexy2014: 10:05am On Apr 06, 2022
BOTTAN4Real:
Most Nigerians are the stubborn type. Tell them to do something, No. We have been enough time to do the linking. There should be consequences for bad behavior.

Stubborn in what way? Did u read the story at all? Why is the govt so desperate about NIN?
Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by BigRocky: 10:07am On Apr 06, 2022
eleko1:
Nah CEO directive. Operation show ur NIN. .I be family man.Plus the weekly free 1500 Glo card wink embarassed,who nor go dance

Bro u mean glo dey give free 1500 in we link?
Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by Temptee101(m): 10:16am On Apr 06, 2022
Frankdarey2022:
If you want to get your NIN registration in 1hour call or whatsapp mr Emmanuel Effiong 08163443491. Please for only serious minded people. Thanks

Yes, they've arrived. I knew it.

They see every opportunity as an avenue to scam people.

Guys beware!
Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by tiswell(m): 10:19am On Apr 06, 2022
Karhma:

After selling your fathers only land at ikot abasi and buying your first android...first thing u thought of was scamming on nairaland?
na hunger go kilam las las

Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by Ray07(m): 10:20am On Apr 06, 2022
Rickmann:

You think say you dey Yankee abi..
You forget you are in a useless and corrupt country where no body cares about what you think..

When you do ur stronghead finish, you go still pay.
And you expect Nigeria to be better when people like you encourage extortion and bribe.
Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by Ray07(m): 10:22am On Apr 06, 2022
BOTTAN4Real:
Most Nigerians are the stubborn type. Tell them to do something, No. We have been given enough time to do the linking. There should be consequences for bad behavior.
You and the useless Nigeria government can o ahead and do your worse.

I no go link shit
Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 06, 2022
lexy2014:

Who are the them? Aren't u a Nigerian abi na togolese u be? How did u arrive at the conclusion that "nigerians tend to take serious issues requiring documentation with levity"? What is the documentation issue here? Did u read the story at all before u vomitted what u just did? If u are condemning Nigerians, why don't u afk yourself why is the govt so desperate about NIN? Of what benefit is it to Nigerians?

in case you have forgotten,NIN means National Identification Number.meaning that it can serve as your identity as a nigerian.the government commanding you to link your NIN To your sim is to have your data.
i don't know why you are behaving like an educated illetrate.
Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by obailala(m): 10:27am On Apr 06, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Do what is required of you and move on..this stubbornness will solve nothing.. undecided
You do realise that a lot of people complaining have actually linked their NINs but still got blocked because the entire NIN system is marred with glitches?

Nothing ever works right in NIgeria; the biggest scam of them all is the *346# USSD code to retrieve NIN. Wanted to get a new sim last year. After registering for NIN, I blasted over N1500 credit (checking to know when my NIN was ready) before realising I was being charged for the service (despite the NIMC website stating the ussd code was free). At the end, the code never retrieved my NIN number till date.
Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by lexy2014: 10:28am On Apr 06, 2022
IamBabsjnr:

in case you have forgotten,NIN means National Identification Number.meaning that it can serve as your identity as a nigerian.the government commanding you to link your NIN To your sim is to have your data.
i don't know why you are behaving like an educated illetrate.

Educated literate, u haven't answered my questions:

Who are the them? Aren't u a Nigerian abi na togolese u be? How did u arrive at the conclusion that "nigerians tend to take serious issues requiring documentation with levity"? What is the documentation issue here? Did u read the story at all before u vomitted what u just did? If u are condemning Nigerians, why don't u ask yourself why is the govt so desperate about NIN? Of what benefit is it to Nigerians?
Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by alphaNomega: 10:28am On Apr 06, 2022
Tokskob2008:
Let's see how it goes but as for me I am not paying a kobo for nin registration...
It is free. Go to an NIMC office and not roadside agents.
Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by dfrost: 10:32am On Apr 06, 2022
eleko1:
Nah CEO directive. Operation show ur NIN. .I be family man.Plus the weekly free 1500 Glo card wink embarassed,who nor go dance

Comrade, you fall hand. I thought you were with us? shocked
Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by Angrygoat: 10:33am On Apr 06, 2022
I did NIN since Jan till now e never come out. Naija don taya me. Fuc k u baztad buhari,na Gof go punish u and u will die b4 u leave office. Baztad
Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by Bmaster(m): 10:40am On Apr 06, 2022
MrSeth:
Wasn't even bothered with the ban thing.

We don't call people and people don't call us.

Sometimes I wonder why I even own a phone
you ain't serious undecided
Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by Bossman(m): 10:44am On Apr 06, 2022
I believe there is a glitch in the linking on the NIMC side. It’s obvious that a lot of lines that were linked still got blocked. The linking itself is not automated. So the telcos still have to send the NINs over to NIMC for manual verification. And there is likely a backlog there in sending a confirmation back to the telcos. The “successful” message that’s received is just an indication of successful submission on the telco’s side. And not an actual successful verification, which is a manual step. Bottom line - the systems do not interface with each other. And the manual step involved with the verification is causing a lot if submitted (not verified by NIMC yet) lines to be disconnected.

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by eleko1: 10:50am On Apr 06, 2022
BigRocky:

Bro u mean glo dey give free 1500 in we link?
office to call customers
Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by Godstiger(m): 10:52am On Apr 06, 2022
eleko1:
angry may lightning destroy GLO if dey nor reverse their barring cos I registered my NIN @their Allen Avenue office

May Amadioha strike patami angry
Isee..!

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by Cyberwrestler: 11:11am On Apr 06, 2022
lexy2014:

Educated literate, u haven't answered my questions:

Who are the them? Aren't u a Nigerian abi na togolese u be? How did u arrive at the conclusion that "nigerians tend to take serious issues requiring documentation with levity"? What is the documentation issue here? Did u read the story at all before u vomitted what u just did? If u are condemning Nigerians, why don't u ask yourself why is the govt so desperate about NIN? Of what benefit is it to Nigerians?

How can someone be so brain dead and senseless?? Go and ask DEVELOPED countries why they link everything to citizens id and security number and also ask their citizens how it benefits them!
Asking questions like a child with 0 IQ
Re: NIN-SIM: MTN Apologises For Barring Customers’ Lines by lexy2014: 11:13am On Apr 06, 2022
Cyberwrestler:

How can someone be so brain dead and senseless?? Go and ask DEVELOPED countries why they link everything to citizens id and security number and also ask their citizens how it benefits them!
Asking questions like a child with 0 IQ

Adult, Educated literate, with all your high IQ, am surprised that u still can't answer the simple questions:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! / My Brother Set His Iphone Back To 1970 / Download Fifa 2020 Ppsspp Iso For Andriod (new)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.