Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,703 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:46 PM

2023: We Need Wealth Creators, There Is No Money To Share Again - Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: We Need Wealth Creators, There Is No Money To Share Again - Peter Obi (15611 Views)

CNN Interview: Again, Peter Obi Mocks Tinubu Over “Emilokan” Comment / There Is Nothing To Share Again, We Are Broke - Amaechi Appeals To Nigerians / Again, Peter Obi Lied On The Global Competitive Index- The Cable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: We Need Wealth Creators, There Is No Money To Share Again - Peter Obi by Ezeama400: 6:40pm On Apr 06, 2022
Former Anambra state governor, Mr. Peter Obi, has said he is not desperate to be President of Nigeria, but that the country needs wealth creators and not sharers.

He also made the point that the country needs wealth creators and not sharers.

Obi disclosed this to newsmen in Abuja shortly after officially intimating the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP’s National Working Committee, NWC, of his intention to vie for the Office of the President in the 2023 election.

He said: “Our country is now going through a difficult time. I am not desperate to be a President; I am desperate to see a better Nigeria.”

On the insinuation that he is actually fronting for Atiku Abubakar, with whom he ran on a joint ticket in 2019, Obi dismissed same.

He noted that his background in the private and public sectors is enough to convince Nigerians of the kind of leader he is.

“You have to check my trajectory as a person, look at all the people that are contesting and view my background.

“You will probably see that I am the only person who has a very unique background.

“I am a businessman. I have chaired corporations in this country, including the Security and Exchange Commission, SEC and so many quoted companies and I have been a governor.

“It is for you to go and check all those places and see what I was able to do and ask yourself who is the right person to take leadership of this country at this difficult time,” he added.

He decried the state of affairs in the country, noting that in the past few years, Nigeria has been in the news for the wrong reasons.

“We have what we call natural security and artificial security. The natural security deals with job creation.

“You need to put food on people’s tables to ensure that they are not doing the wrong thing.

“If they don’t know where the next meal will come from, the tendency is that they will become a tool for anything.

“So we need to employ people. I know what to do in puting money into micro, small and medium scale enterprises.

“I have experimented this in a small way people can see. Otherwise how could a small state like Anambra end up on the day I was handing over not owing salary, pension?

“No contractor who executed his job, raised certificate or supplied us goods, was being owed.

“I have N77 billion which is over $500 million at that time in the bank. I know what we can effectively do to turn around the situation.

“We are now on top of the list of the most fragile states. We are now on top of the list of the most terrorised states sitting behind Yemen and Afghanistan.

“We are the capital of poverty in the world. We now have more people living under poverty than most big nation’s combined. We now have several millions of out-of-school children.

“Unemployment is 33 per cent officially but when you add under employment, it is about 60 per cent.

“Of these are the young ones who constitute the asset and the engine room of their productive age.

“People now spend 100 per cent of their salary to feed. It is a crises situation. What will somebody like me do?

“We need to move the country from consumption to production. There is nothing to share again.

“We now need wealth creators, not wealth sharers. We have been sharing wealth for a long time, we need to start creating wealth,” he added.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/04/2023-presidency-nigeria-needs-wealth-creators-theres-nothing-to-share-again-peter-obi/

Lalasticlala Lalasticlala
Mynd44

151 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 2023: We Need Wealth Creators, There Is No Money To Share Again - Peter Obi by Ezeama400: 6:41pm On Apr 06, 2022
When it comes to good leadership give it to Obi..

It's not all about sharing looted fund up and down, it's all about having a blueprint and get the economy working..

God bless Nigeria

388 Likes 24 Shares

Re: 2023: We Need Wealth Creators, There Is No Money To Share Again - Peter Obi by Totilopussylick(m): 6:42pm On Apr 06, 2022
This lying machine that cannot clear the dirt in tiny Anambra State is talking about creating wealth for the whole Nigerians.

He leads by example when he was a governor of Anambra state.

He left the state dirty in disguise as a jobs for the next generation to clean it up and get paidtongue tongue tongue

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: We Need Wealth Creators, There Is No Money To Share Again - Peter Obi by seunmsg(m): 6:42pm On Apr 06, 2022
Exactly why we need Tinubu to be president. He’s the only one with a proven record of wealth creation both at the private and public sector.

Tinubu moved Lagos state internal revenue from N600million to N20billion monthly. He created Lekki free trade zone and Eko Atlantic City. The private sector has witnessed tremendous growth in Lagos since 1999. No former or current governor can match his record of job creation both at private and public sector while he was governor of Lagos.

I have no doubt in my mind that he will replicate the Lagos success story in Nigeria if elected president. The country shall witness an enormous shared prosperity within 4 years of his administration.

freshkpomo

294 Likes 19 Shares

Re: 2023: We Need Wealth Creators, There Is No Money To Share Again - Peter Obi by Codeye(m): 6:43pm On Apr 06, 2022
T
Re: 2023: We Need Wealth Creators, There Is No Money To Share Again - Peter Obi by LeoDeKing: 6:47pm On Apr 06, 2022
This lying machine that cannot clear the dirt in tiny Anambra State is talking about creating wealth for the whole Nigerians.

Anyway, you already know you are not going anywhere, all these paparazzi na so dat athifku go reason you again for running mate.

But athifku sef don get small sense, he no dey even consider SE. cheesy

272 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2023: We Need Wealth Creators, There Is No Money To Share Again - Peter Obi by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 6:52pm On Apr 06, 2022
Peter Peter Obi Fulani ass licker

13 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023: We Need Wealth Creators, There Is No Money To Share Again - Peter Obi by Dankovich1: 6:53pm On Apr 06, 2022
Let's save all the big talks, if Mr Obi officially declare to run for presidency he's getting my vote.
In my own veiw, he's the best choice from south east. Others are quite good but Mr Obi still stands out to me amongst them.

209 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 2023: We Need Wealth Creators, There Is No Money To Share Again - Peter Obi by West1side: 6:56pm On Apr 06, 2022
Werey de disguise

It is laughable some fool can fall for this fraudulent Pandora criminal.

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: We Need Wealth Creators, There Is No Money To Share Again - Peter Obi by alsudan: 6:57pm On Apr 06, 2022
Peter Obi/Bala Mohammed ticket is the winning Combo! You heard it here first.

If GEJ won elections convincingly in 2011 even though he was from a minority tribe, there’s no way Obi won’t wipe the floor with a dismembered APC.

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: We Need Wealth Creators, There Is No Money To Share Again - Peter Obi by PressMyButton: 7:11pm On Apr 06, 2022
This liar that made medical doctors go hungry for 13 months, diverted the state's funds into his family business and then transferred the rest in a foreign account under the ownership of his daughter.. A liar that couldn't increase the state IGR, how in hell does he intend creating wealth across the country. A fraud that failed at state level would certainly be a disaster at the national level.
Anyways, there's no vacancy for Okoro in Aso rock.

272 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 2023: We Need Wealth Creators, There Is No Money To Share Again - Peter Obi by Ezeama400: 7:13pm On Apr 06, 2022
You know nothing
Rastaramsey:

So because of ordinary talk, you don dey convinced lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

You deserve a hard knock on your thick skull
PressMyButton:
This liar that made medical doctors go hungry for 13 months, diverted the state's funds into his family business and then transferred the rest in a foreign account under the ownership of his daughter.. A liar that couldn't increase the state IGR, how in hell does he intend creating wealth across the country. A fraud that failed at state level would certainly be a disaster at the national level.

Always type what you can prove not typing to get likes that won't keep food on your table...

Thanks

162 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 2023: We Need Wealth Creators, There Is No Money To Share Again - Peter Obi by Rastaramsey(m): 7:17pm On Apr 06, 2022
Ezeama400:
When it comes to leadership give it to Obi..

It's not all about sharing looted fund up and down, it's all about having a blueprint and get the economy working..

God bless Nigeria

So because of ordinary talk, you don dey convinced lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

You deserve a hard knock on your thick skull

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: We Need Wealth Creators, There Is No Money To Share Again - Peter Obi by Investigative: 7:17pm On Apr 06, 2022
That's why online urchin hate you
Cos you ain't Sharing 50 Milion like tinubu

115 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 2023: We Need Wealth Creators, There Is No Money To Share Again - Peter Obi by Rastaramsey(m): 7:18pm On Apr 06, 2022
Ezeama400:

Always type what you can prove not typing to get likes that won't keep food on your table...

Thanks

So you believe say that man didn't steal anything undecided undecided
You that is typing correct thing, how much you Don see now sad sad

Una go dey defend big thieves undecided undecided

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: We Need Wealth Creators, There Is No Money To Share Again - Peter Obi by Maduawuchukwu(m): 7:21pm On Apr 06, 2022
PressMyButton:

Doctors striked for salary increment and not for being owed.

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: We Need Wealth Creators, There Is No Money To Share Again - Peter Obi by aribisala0(m): 7:22pm On Apr 06, 2022
Obi China

248 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: We Need Wealth Creators, There Is No Money To Share Again - Peter Obi by mighty2: 7:23pm On Apr 06, 2022
Werey thinks say we are f**lish like his tribesmen, the bastard thinks say we go fall for his sweet talk like his fellow braind**d akpu munching gor*llas. You are god in your unproductive region of cannibals and nothing in the eyes of other nigerians, come 2023 you will never be vp talkless of becoming president in the country your fellow c*ursed ape looking cretins called zoo
You can cry all you want, nothing for inconsequential 5% come 2023
ON TINUBU MANDATE I STAND

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: We Need Wealth Creators, There Is No Money To Share Again - Peter Obi by Investigative: 7:25pm On Apr 06, 2022
aribisala0:
Obi China
Better
If he can turn zoo to China
Where u run to borrow

37 Likes

Re: 2023: We Need Wealth Creators, There Is No Money To Share Again - Peter Obi by Investigative: 7:25pm On Apr 06, 2022
mighty2:
Werey thinks say we are f**lish like his tribesmen, the bastard thinks say we go fall for his sweet talk like his fellow braind**d akpu munching gor*llas. You are god in your unproductive region of cannibals and nothing in the eyes of other nigerians, come 2023 you will never be vp talkless of becoming president in the country your fellow c*ursed ape looking cretins called zoo
Say f@olish man

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: We Need Wealth Creators, There Is No Money To Share Again - Peter Obi by jom28gy(m): 7:26pm On Apr 06, 2022
You are eminently qualified to be a president in Nigeria,if at all Nigeria and Nigerians need good quality person, but due to their vagaries position of things, hence the country is what it is today, without development,both in science and technology, Nigeria is no where to be found,

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: We Need Wealth Creators, There Is No Money To Share Again - Peter Obi by mighty2: 7:28pm On Apr 06, 2022
Investigative:
Say f@olish man
like your father

6 Likes

Re: 2023: We Need Wealth Creators, There Is No Money To Share Again - Peter Obi by Investigative: 7:29pm On Apr 06, 2022
mighty2:
like your father
Is that why you campaigning for his mate

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: We Need Wealth Creators, There Is No Money To Share Again - Peter Obi by amanda2013(f): 7:51pm On Apr 06, 2022
The truth is that Nigerians are not ready for good governance. They are too busy playing religious and tribal politics to the detriment of the country. The world has left Nigeria behind but they don't know

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: We Need Wealth Creators, There Is No Money To Share Again - Peter Obi by Think9ja(m): 8:02pm On Apr 06, 2022
I honestly don't care who or what sits on that presidential chair.

My own is, don't campaign or even vote for any candidate you don't have direct or indirect links with, because nothing will reach you, not even light. As, in, shi shi you no go see if the person win.
Leave those bastards to vote for themselves.

Meanwhile, all these people standing on so so and so person's mandate, what if he loses in the primary?

Once I just see you campaigning for someone, I already know you're a big FOOL.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: We Need Wealth Creators, There Is No Money To Share Again - Peter Obi by easyfem(m): 4:32am On Apr 07, 2022
My prefer candidate ....

But i prefer osinbanjo bcoz he has higher chance than anyone but i dont knw why he silent ..even all of them are oloriburuku but osibanjo is better oloriburuku

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: We Need Wealth Creators, There Is No Money To Share Again - Peter Obi by Facelessforum1: 4:36am On Apr 07, 2022
Oshe
Re: 2023: We Need Wealth Creators, There Is No Money To Share Again - Peter Obi by EmekaMD(m): 4:37am On Apr 07, 2022
Truth be told. Peter Obi is the only candidate who talks and acts like he understands the mechanics to driving Nigeria to the part of forward trajectory.

Listen to Tinubu without bias, listen to Atiku, listen to Wike , listen to all of them. They talk theories which had never been tested anywhere and doesn't add up. They are simply interested in getting power and clearly have no idea what Nigeria needs to thrive.

Listen to Obi and you see a man who has taken time to study other countries who are or were where we are today, and what they did to get it right.

Nigeria the choice is yours. Vote based on your ethnicity and keep going on the downward trajectory or vote someone who seems to understand what to do.

I think a time would come when people who have no jobs or businesses or ambition must never be allowed to vote. You must not vote if you have nothing to stake. If you have businesses I'm sure you'd care more about voting who would create a better environment for your business rather than someone who speaks your language

85 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023: We Need Wealth Creators, There Is No Money To Share Again - Peter Obi by MEGAWATCH: 4:40am On Apr 07, 2022
Rastaramsey:

So you believe say that man didn't steal anything undecided undecided
You that is typing correct thing, how much you Don see now sad sad

Una go dey defend big thieves undecided undecided

Please can you tell us who you voted for in 2019 election?

7 Likes

Re: 2023: We Need Wealth Creators, There Is No Money To Share Again - Peter Obi by noleflendum: 4:40am On Apr 07, 2022
Pandora thief

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: We Need Wealth Creators, There Is No Money To Share Again - Peter Obi by Hyper77: 4:41am On Apr 07, 2022
mighty2:

I bet on Tinubu's bald ball, you ain't even got a voter's card.
Tribe of *ss licking skull miners using sentiments and tribalism to make a judgement since 1630.

17 Likes

Re: 2023: We Need Wealth Creators, There Is No Money To Share Again - Peter Obi by jaxxy(m): 4:43am On Apr 07, 2022
A stingy economist cannot create wealth for anybody.

I dont like people who talk too much, i believe in their actions. How many people did he empower as a governor?

Let's start from there.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Committee Plans One-week Activities For Buhari’s Inauguration / Soldiers Mistake Electricity Workers For Boko Haram, Kill 1 / APC Excos Defect To PDP In Plateau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.