Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,320 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

Way Forward - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Way Forward (1409 Views)

Suspected Infidelity, Way Forward / I'm Confused And Lost At This Point. What's The Way Forward? / Cheating : The Way Forward ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Way Forward by Newborn27(f): 2:42pm On Apr 07, 2022
Compliment of the season to all nairaralanders.

It's not as if I can't live without bringing my stories on nairaraland but I just know that this forum is safer and I can get the necessary information, advise, scolding, counseling and way out of my dilemma from matured minds here.

I guess I don't have to introduce myself,my predicament and job since I already spread my dirty linen on here.... I'll just go straight to the point.

I'm still stuck here in my dilemma, shouldering responsibilities, life has not been easy on me but I kept pushing....so I thought within myself, this 30k teaching job can't pay all my bills (rent, school fees, feeding, daily upkeep etc) I felt there is a need to diversify my income to make ends meet.

My school had scheduled a career day program ...I met with my Boss to please, permit me to sell the costume for the career day as people won't get easily here ...she enquire if I know where to get them from and made me to promise it won't affect my class as a Teacher....I promised to do my best and not disappoint her.she obliged .

I got a loan of #150,000 from the school cooperative society where I'm a member and embarked on the journey to Lagos State (Idumota) to get the costume.

I got around 15pcs of different careers and brought it to school to show the pupils to inform their parents.

Like play ,like play, parents started coming to order in my class, I started traveling to Lagos every Saturday for 4weeks before the deal day..... within the weeks of selling the costume in school...I started learning some hidden facts about life which some of them are:

*Nobody wants to see you making progress
*Your closest pals might be your worse enemy
*No human being is perfect

The problem started from co-staff discouraging parents from patronizing my product, to the headmaster sending parents away from ordering in my class that he even almost beat me up....then finally to my boss.... She stopped parents telling Them not to bother buying as they can as well put on school uniform.

All their thoughts were, I'm making millions as the parents kept coming, meanwhile the expenses I'm paying were more than my gain... transportation cost, POS, etc...

I became enemy of everyone, I regretted ever taking this bold step, the gain is not there and my time and energy are soiled into this sales, as our bus always leave the park in Ore 2am and get to Idumota around 6am.

The last straw that broke the Camel's back was the week that preceeds the program, I promised myself not to ever take any orders again but some parents begged saying their kids won't allow them to rest if they fail to buy from me.... after much plea I obliged and called my customer in Idumota to order some costumes on Monday which the program was Wednesday, the management can't give me a day off work so I pleaded with her not to disappoint me.

I sent her the orders and paid #402,700 for the Monday orders.....I was shown what "trust no one" means when I opened the box Tuesday around 3am at the park.....this trusted customer of mine ruined the glory of all my efforts in the past 4weeks....she packaged nonsense for me as goods....I wept bitterly that night then summon courage to go to school.....the day of the occasion came I got to school before 7am and parents and pupils had been waiting for me.

I received the insults of my life and some even called me fraud, criminal....I tried persuading some of them that it wasn't my fault, it was what I ordered.....many angrily collected their money back on the spot while others promised to come back the next day....in all my pleading and persuading moments I watched my back and couldn't see a staff on my side.

I wept bitterly....all my years of working here came crashing in my presence , I became perplexed and highly embarrassed.

All the gain I ought to have,I returned to parents and my image became spoilt.

After the day, I wrote an apology letter to the management on the chaos and appreciated the the opportunity given to me to sell in the school.

Since that day, March 9th ,I became the center of everything in the school, things others will do and they'd overlooked ,the management will take mine up.....someone hinted me this Monday that my name is among the Teachers to be sacked at the end of the term.....

I might appear strong facially but this is killing me inside.
I'm unable to sleep since that 9th of March.

Where do I go from here? What should I do?
This is the only source of income I'm having... please familylanders come to my aid.

As I'm typing this,a parent just came to dump the costume on my table saying she wasn't around before and needed refund.

I am dying slowly from all this....the burden is much on me,

What should I do?

Modified cc oldienavie
Re: Way Forward by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:47pm On Apr 07, 2022
the above is called a LEARNING EXPERIENCE, which will ultimately help you become a better/wiser person. its all good!

3 Likes

Re: Way Forward by Writerz(f): 2:57pm On Apr 07, 2022
It's not easy anywhere my sister but it can be easy if you push a little more. First, get away from that school. Don't resume with them,drop your resignation letter, dnt let them sack you. Don't be afriad to do this. Second, Do you write well, you might want to look into content writing as a side income.

Newborn27:

It's not as if I can't live without bringing my stories on nairaraland but I just know that this forum is safer and I can get the necessary information, advise, scolding, counseling and way out of my dilemma from matured minds here.

I guess I don't have to introduce myself,my predicament and job since I already spread my dirty linen on here.... I'll just go straight to the point.

I'm still stuck here in my dilemma, shouldering responsibilities, life has not been easy on me but I kept pushing....so I thought within myself, this 30k teaching job can't pay all my bills (rent, school fees, feeding, daily upkeep etc) I felt there is a need to diversify my income to make ends meet.

My school had scheduled a career day program which came up on 9th of March...I met with my proprietress to please, permit me to sell the costume for the career day as people won't get easily here in Ore...she enquire if I know where to get them from and made me to promise it won't affect my class as a Teacher....I promised to do my best and not disappoint her.she obliged .

I got a loan of #150,000 from the school cooperative society where I'm a member and embarked on the journey to Lagos State (Idumota) to get the costume.

I got around 15pcs of different careers and brought it to school to show the pupils to inform their parents.

Like play ,like play, parents started coming to order in my class, I started traveling to Lagos every Saturday for 4weeks before the deal day..... within the weeks of selling the costume in school...I started learning some hidden facts about life which some of them are:

The problem started from co-staff discouraging parents from patronizing my product, to the headmaster sending parents away from ordering in my class that he even almost beat me up....then finally to my boss.... She stopped parents telling Them not to bother buying as they can as well put on school uniform.

All their thoughts were, I'm making millions as the parents kept coming, meanwhile the expenses I'm paying were more than my gain... transportation cost, POS, etc...

I became enemy of everyone, I regretted ever taking this bold step, the gain is not there and my time and energy are soiled into this sales, as our bus always leave the park in Ore 2am and get to Idumota around 6am.

The last straw that broke the Camel's back was the week that preceeds the program, I promised myself not to ever take any orders again but some parents begged saying their kids won't allow them to rest if they fail to buy from me.... after much plea I obliged and called my customer in Idumota to order some costumes on Monday which the program was Wednesday, the management can't give me a day off work so I pleaded with her not to disappoint me.

I sent her the orders and paid #402,700 for the Monday orders.....I was shown what "trust no one" means when I opened the box Tuesday around 3am at the park.....this trusted customer of mine ruined the glory of all my efforts in the past 4weeks....she packaged nonsense for me as goods....I wept bitterly that night then summon courage to go to school.....the day of the occasion came I got to school before 7am and parents and pupils had been waiting for me.

I received the insults of my life and some even called me fraud, criminal....I tried persuading some of them that it wasn't my fault, it was what I ordered.....many angrily collected their money back on the spot while others promised to come back the next day....in all my pleading and persuading moments I watched my back and couldn't see a staff on my side.

I wept bitterly....all my years of working here came crashing in my presence , I became perplexed and highly embarrassed.

After the day, I wrote an apology letter to the management on the chaos and appreciated the the opportunity given to me to sell in the school.

Since that day, March 9th ,I became the center of everything in the school, things others will do and they'd overlooked ,the management will take mine up.....someone hinted me this Monday that my name is among the Teachers to be sacked at the end of the term.....

This is the only source of income I'm having... please familylanders come to my aid.

As I'm typing this,a parent just came to dump the costume on my table saying she wasn't around before and needed refund.

What should I do?

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Way Forward by Francisanointed(m): 3:12pm On Apr 07, 2022
Sometimes things don't always go as planned. I can boldly tell you that everyone is going through something. Don't give up. Quit that job now. The reason is because a lot of people are going to make you depressed through their looks. But don't give up . don't ask were your next meal will come from. Just believe in God. All things works together for good

2 Likes

Re: Way Forward by Newborn27(f): 6:46pm On Apr 07, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
the above is called a LEARNING EXPERIENCE, which will ultimately help you become a better/wiser person. its all good!

I pray it does.....this is really huge on me....family and career not working well
Re: Way Forward by Raalsalghul: 6:51pm On Apr 07, 2022
Newborn27:

I pray it does.....this is really huge on me....family and career not working well

What of the father of your kids?
Re: Way Forward by Newborn27(f): 6:56pm On Apr 07, 2022
Writerz:
It's not easy anywhere my sister but it can be easy if you push a little more. First, get away from that school. Don't resume with them,drop your resignation letter, dnt let them sack you. Don't be afriad to do this. Second, Do you write well, you might want to look into content writing as a side income.
This cam Fast track your finances. Not a get rich quick scheme but we can start from there. Reach out to me on 09091393836 (WhatsApp) if interested.

I really appreciate this ....what if I resign and my name was not on the list of the staff to be sacked?Moreso I have no other source of income...I don't want to take a rash decision which is why I came here for advise
Re: Way Forward by Newborn27(f): 6:59pm On Apr 07, 2022
Francisanointed:
Sometimes things don't always go as planned. I can boldly tell you that everyone is going through something. Don't give up. Quit that job now. The reason is because a lot of people are going to make you depressed through their looks. But don't give up . don't ask were your next meal will come from. Just believe in God. All things works together for good

I live in a place where it's difficult to secure a better paying job and this my present school is the best paying school in town.

I'm afraid.

Modified: cc oldienavie kindly modify my details from your quote sir.thanks
Re: Way Forward by oldienavie: 7:10pm On Apr 07, 2022
Newborn27:

I live in Ore where it's difficult to secure a better paying job and this my present school is the best paying school in town.

I'm afraid.
NL is not an annonymous place, delete this thread and re-post hiding the detail of the school and your location.
WIth the information you have given, anybody can easily identify you.

I just saw that you are even calling admin to push to front page. What kind of adults are we raising in Nigeria, what is wrong with you lots ?
HOw old are you op ?
Re: Way Forward by Beremx(f): 7:51pm On Apr 07, 2022
Your customer in Idumota really disappointed you. When it was the moment for you to shine, he/she messed up. You shouldn’t blame yourself. You did your best to deliver.
As for the school management, I expected they talk to the parents and calm the situation down but they seem not to be helpful. They have left you to your own fate. If they can’t stand for you, what’s the use still teaching in the school? I would advise you resign than for you to be sacked

1 Like

Re: Way Forward by sisisioge: 8:01pm On Apr 07, 2022
Ok....so calm down. So sorry you had to go through all of that. Please return the goods to the supplier and hustle for your money back gradually.

As for the school....you kukuma needed a new job, here is your opportunity.

Lastly, you are a warrior mama, dont let them break you. Good luck.
Re: Way Forward by Newborn27(f): 9:12pm On Apr 07, 2022
oldienavie:

NL is not an annonymous place, delete this thread and re-post hiding the detail of the school and your location.
WIth the information you have given, anybody can easily identify you.

I just saw that you are even calling admin to push to front page. What kind of adults are we raising in Nigeria, what is wrong with you lots ?
HOw old are you op ?

Bianeta!
Re: Way Forward by Newborn27(f): 9:16pm On Apr 07, 2022
Beremx:
Your customer in Idumota really disappointed you. When it was the moment for you to shine, he/she messed up. You shouldn’t blame yourself. You did your best to deliver.
As for the school management, I expected they talk to the parents and calm the situation down but they seem not to be helpful. They have left you to your own fate. If they can’t stand for you, what’s the use still teaching in the school? I would advise you resign than for you to be sacked

Hmmmm
The rate at which they were washing their hands off my case made me look like a criminal.... sending parents straight to my class for refund.

Please what's the difference between been sacked and resignation?
Shed light on this please
Re: Way Forward by Newborn27(f): 9:22pm On Apr 07, 2022
sisisioge:
Ok....so calm down. So sorry you had to go through all of that. Please return the goods to the supplier and hustle for your money back gradually.

I don't want to return the costume to that woman again "once beaten, twice shy".... I'm thinking I might see schools around to sell at clearance price for them.....the said woman was once threatening me over 21k balance which I narrated how she soiled my image at work she felt no remorse and I decided not to send the returned goods to her....I left her to karma

As for the school....you kukuma needed a new job, here is your opportunity.

Job ain't easy here in Ore dude, reason why I'm scared.

Lastly, you are a warrior mama, dont let them break you. Good luck.

Thanks for the compliment, I only appear warriorish facially, I'm dying inside.....you can't imagine things I've been and going through
Re: Way Forward by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:35pm On Apr 07, 2022
Omho people are suffering in this country. The best paying school in a city paying 30k. That means other schools will pay 5k to 10k a month. Damn cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Way Forward by Hashabiah: 9:43pm On Apr 07, 2022
My dear teaching is a dead-end job and I'll advise you start looking for another gig other than teaching . Have you tried taking home lessons ?if you haven't start considering it ...and also try learning a skill like programming or copywriting. Or you could write articles . Your grammar is quite good and you'll fit in nicely if you consider the latter
Re: Way Forward by DontBullshitMe: 10:03pm On Apr 07, 2022
Make sure you don't procreate.

Ensure it ends with you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Way Forward by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:13pm On Apr 07, 2022
DontBullshitMe:

Ensure it ends with you.

Nigerians will remove your head if you say this outside. Left to me all poor people will be sterilized. It's not worth having a family when poor. The children live a tough life and also inherit poverty. Poverty will only end when all poor people stop procreating but it can never happen.

2 Likes

Re: Way Forward by HUSTLER001: 12:04am On Apr 08, 2022
Newborn27:

My school had scheduled a career day program which came up on 9th of March...I met with my proprietress to please, permit me to sell the costume for the career day as people won't get easily here in Ore...she enquire if I know where to get them from and made me to promise it won't affect my class as a Teacher....I promised to do my best and not disappoint her.she obliged .

What should I do?

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

lol! See,I'm not laughing to mock you but I'm laughing because you are not seeing opportunity where it lyes.You mean your instinct haven't told you yet that you are a better entrepreneur than a teacher? You are afraid you're going to be sacked? See,I'm also working in a school where I'm paid over 70k but the insult here ehn? As I'm speaking to you I plan quitting the God damn job to face my business even though I don't have the resources yet.I believe my mental health is more important than a slavery job. You'd better put yourself together and link up with another dealer at idumota to get stuffs on credit with a promise you'd pay back after sales or get a loan and start that business again but this time,without making the mistake of trusting people at your own loss.Put yourself together sis.There's life beyond that your place of work.

4 Likes

Re: Way Forward by Francisanointed(m): 1:34am On Apr 08, 2022
Newborn27:

I live in Ore where it's difficult to secure a better paying job and this my present school is the best paying school in town.

I'm afraid.
God will make a way for you. Don't give up

1 Like

Re: Way Forward by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 3:07am On Apr 08, 2022
Aswear Mo-Forr shocked

tensazangetsu20:
Omho people are suffering in this country. The best paying school in a city paying 30k. That means other schools will pay 5k to 10k a month. Damn cry cry cry

Re: Way Forward by Newborn27(f): 5:24am On Apr 08, 2022
HUSTLER001:
lol! See,I'm not laughing to mock you but I'm laughing because you are not seeing opportunity where it lyes.You mean your instinct haven't told you yet that you are a better entrepreneur than a teacher? You are afraid you're going to be sacked? See,I'm also working in a school where I'm paid over 70k but the insult here ehn? As I'm speaking to you I plan quitting the God damn job to face my business even though I don't have the resources yet.I believe my mental health is more important than a slavery job. You'd better put yourself together and link up with another dealer at idumota to get stuffs on credit with a promise you'd pay back after sales or get a loan and start that business again but this time,without making the mistake of trusting people at your own loss.Put yourself together sis.There's life beyond that your place of work.

Wow! So touching!
Thanks for the words of encouragement, but the business I did is seasonal, career day doesn't come every year and majority of the Schools around don't celebrate it due to the scarcity of the costume and it's cost.

Honestly, the business gave me an insight about life and money, we Teachers are really suffering, it's a kind of modern slavery with the way private schools are treating us....I came to realize that business is the best thing a person can do if God gives you directions on what to venture into ... Idumota is a very big market where different things can be buy and sell in future when the opportunity comes.

Thanks for your contribution.

1 Like

Re: Way Forward by Newborn27(f): 5:32am On Apr 08, 2022
Hashabiah:
My dear teaching is a dead-end job and I'll advise you start looking for another gig other than teaching . Have you tried taking home lessons ?if you haven't start considering it ...and also try learning a skill like programming or copywriting. Or you could write articles . Your grammar is quite good and you'll fit in nicely if you consider the latter

Thanks for your contribution.
I've been doing home lesson which is helping to pay my bills.

I've been reading a lot on copywriting here on nairaraland but I don't know how it works and considering the time this teaching job is gulping away from me, do you think I can make it? By next week: schools will be going on vacation, I wouldn't mind to use the few weeks to learn one or two things about writing IF I can see a tutor.

My income need to be diversify cos of my responsibilities and I can't do illegal things.
Re: Way Forward by Newborn27(f): 5:36am On Apr 08, 2022
DontBullshitMe:

Ensure it ends with you.

"Dem no dey tell pikin make e no get leprosy, considering the fact that she can live in the jungle alone"

I already had two, a boy and a girl... which is my reason for trying hard not to make them go through things I've been through in life.....any positive ideas on things to do from here will be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Way Forward by Beremx(f): 7:29am On Apr 08, 2022
Newborn27:

Hmmmm
The rate at which they were washing their hands off my case made me look like a criminal.... sending parents straight to my class for refund.

Please what's the difference between been sacked and resignation?
Shed light on this please
when you are looking for another job, it is better to explain why you resigned voluntarily than explain why you were sacked. It is an honorable thing to resign but a shameful thing to be sacked. This is for your future reference when getting another job.
My worry now is if you resign, the school will think you’re doing it to avoid parents coming to ask you for refund of their money and the school will face the consequences
Re: Way Forward by Newborn27(f): 9:07am On Apr 08, 2022
Beremx:
when you are looking for another job, it is better to explain why you resigned voluntarily than explain why you were sacked. It is an honorable thing to resign but a shameful thing to be sacked. This is for your future reference when getting another job.
My worry now is if you resign, the school will think you’re doing it to avoid parents coming to ask you for refund of their money and the school will face the consequences

Now you're getting the clearer view of mine....I'm in a dilemma which was my reason for creating this thread.

Wetin make I do?
Re: Way Forward by Newborn27(f): 9:23am On Apr 08, 2022
I'm adding this for the sake of the people asking me to resign......there had been a standing law that binds Teachers resignation without a full month notice....it reads.

Any staff that is resigning is expected to give the organization a due notice of one month in order for the school to get a replacement...hence: he/she will have to forfeit a month salary and the expected compulsory savings that was supposed to be doubled will also be forfeited.

It's an active law which many had been a victim of without knowing until the day the money is deducted.
Re: Way Forward by Beremx(f): 10:33am On Apr 08, 2022
Newborn27:

Now you're getting the clearer view of mine....I'm in a dilemma which was my reason for creating this thread.

Wetin make I do?
I will advise you resign. That’s the best you can do now. You can go into private lessons pending when another job comes. It is well dear
Re: Way Forward by Newborn27(f): 5:17pm On Apr 08, 2022
The deed has been done......I received a letter after closing hour today,on checking it, I reads *indefinite suspension*

I tried to be strong, cos I knew it would lead to this but I wasn't expecting it this early, examinations are finished and I'm through with all my work for this term.....I was told in the letter to submit every school materials within my care including the keys.....I wept bitterly..... this is painful! Life is cruel!
Re: Way Forward by Beremx(f): 6:12pm On Apr 08, 2022
Newborn27:
The deed has been done......I received a letter after closing hour today,on checking it, I reads *indefinite suspension*

I tried to be strong, cos I knew it would lead to this but I wasn't expecting it this early, examinations are finished and I'm through with all my work for this term.....I was told in the letter to submit every school materials within my care including the keys.....I wept bitterly..... this is painful! Life is cruel!
it is well dear. When one door closes, another one opens. I have been in the same situation with you though not the same reason for being sacked. This is why am interested in your story. Stay strong and God will surprise you how he surprised me. It is well

1 Like

Re: Way Forward by oldienavie: 6:31pm On Apr 08, 2022
Newborn27:

Did it occur to y ou that your employers may have seen this NL thread ?
Why is it so difficult for people to take good advise.
I advised you yesterday to take down this thread and hide your identity.

I pray that you will get something better to do ,but in Nigeria with very few opportunities and millions waiting to pick up your job it is wise to avoid motivational speakers.
Especially those on this thread, they will just lead you astray.

Again, learn to keep your identity when looking for advise the internet especially NL is not so annonymous.

I wish you favour as you move on from this disappointment. You will be fine, but learn from this experience.
Re: Way Forward by Newborn27(f): 7:07pm On Apr 08, 2022
oldienavie:

Did it occur to y ou that your employers may have seen this NL thread ?
Why is it so difficult for people to take good advise.
I advised you yesterday to take down this thread and hide your identity.

I pray that you will get something better to do ,but in Nigeria with very few opportunities and millions waiting to pick up your job it is wise to avoid motivational speakers.
Especially those on this thread, they will just lead you astray.

Again, learn to keep your identity when looking for advise the internet especially NL is not so annonymous.

I wish you favour as you move on from this disappointment. You will be fine, but learn from this experience.

Thanks for your input Sir....I appreciate every word you wrote there....I never write the name of the school nor my real name only that I don't know how to lie and hide my feelings.

As far as I'm not committing illegal acts or spoiling the image of the school my conscience is cleared....even if this post is seen by the management all I've written is nothing but the truth.

It also happened during the storm between my spouse and I last year...I posted every detail on nairaraland knowing fully that he's a regular member....if I'm having anything to hide I won't be writing it all here.... nairaraland is where I pour out my heart...the insults and advices on here are my moving wheels.

Thanks

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Wife Only Wants Missionary Style In Bed - Man Cries Out / Madonna And The Adopted Baby From Malawi / A Bag Of Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.