Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,121 members, 7,835,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong (33838 Views)

Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? / Was My Boss Right For Sacking Me Because I Was Hypotized. / Getting Angry At Work, Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by aklion: 3:10pm On Apr 10, 2022
Wrong. Except em wife get stroke or terrible illness. Even with that sef... It's too risky.
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Crafteck1: 3:10pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dorwadora:
Good evening my Romancelanders and Nairalanders. I hope y'all been having a good day?

Here's the thing.

Due to the ASUU strike I decided to get a job around my school instead of going home because Ekiti has become home for me. I resumed work on Monday, that's 6 days ago. I and my boss have not been having any issue. He gives the command and I get the work done but recently he has been giving me his home key to go and cook for him. The first time I was surprised because giving your house key to someone you barely know is a bit weird to me but since Monday that I've started the work, I've been to his house 4 times cooking stew or vegetable soup. I'm there right now embarassed embarassed embarassed frying meats.

I am seriously not comfortable with the arrangement but I can't say no because I really need to keep the job and save up. He's married but his wife is not staying with him and cooking and cleaning is the job of a wife not a staff.

Please house how can I stop this whole charade without losing the job?

Ashewo dey ur eye
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 10, 2022
OP Please listen to me closely

There some things God expects of you.

1. Make a move when you need to: because he will not come down from heaven to carry you.

2. Take calculated risk: don't gamble with your life.

3. Do not put your trust in Man. You barely know him.

4. You are your number one priority.

The mistake you made is agreeing to do the cooking in the first place. You should have told him from the onset, that you don't feel comfortable doing that. (Was that even in your appointment letter or verbal agreement?) why didn't he hire a cook?

The danger in what you are doing is putting yourself at risk. Please you do not know who he is. Do not be carried away by "he is fasting".There are wolves in sheep clothing.

Very soon, he will begin to entice you with little tips and gifts here and there to take away your fears and gradually, he will get what he wants.

My advice to you (as I think you are not a wayward girl) is:

1. Tell him you no longer want to cook for him at his house. The best you can do is cook at your place and bring to the office for him.

If he asks why the sudden change, tell him you talked about it to your mum and she didn't like the idea and insists that you stop. That you do not disobey her as she has guided you all your life and you don't regret it.

If he plays the Mummy's girl card on you. Tell him you are proud of it.

Be bold, you are his staff and not his slave. Don't let him turn you into a sexual slave.

2. If he decides to sack you because of that, my dear... please run as fast as your legs can carry you. Other doors will open. Humans are always scared of the unknown (there will always be a way)

I will not speak further on this.... as I know many men out here will not agree with me.

A stitch in time, saves Nine

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Sunsets: 3:10pm On Apr 10, 2022
Don't cook at all. He should advertise the job and hire a cook.
Kobojunkie:
Are you a woman? If yes, I suggest you let your boss know that you are not comfortable cooking for him at his place. undecided

Suggest that he gives you money to instead cook at your place and deliver it to him at work or someplace else instead. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by ajl: 3:10pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dorwadora:
Thank you ma..... That's what I've been thinking too.... There are still good people. But seriously ma I'm always scared whenever I'm at the house... Even right now I've opened the whole door incase I need to escape any danger. I'm sitting outside the veranda with a kitchen knife beside me... Because I don't want my story to end as raped then strangled

If you are this scared of possible danger to the point of possibility of using a kitchen knife to protect yourself, I will advise to quit the job or first take a diplomatic approach by telling your boss you are not too comfortable going to his house to cook for him. And wait to see his reaction. You are still in control of things now, take the right and sensible action before you find yourself where you do not have any control over what could happen.

2 Likes

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by BigBashiru: 3:11pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dorwadora:
Good evening my Romancelanders and Nairalanders. I hope y'all been having a good day?

Here's the thing.

Due to the ASUU strike I decided to get a job around my school instead of going home because Ekiti has become home for me. I resumed work on Monday, that's 6 days ago. I and my boss have not been having any issue. He gives the command and I get the work done but recently he has been giving me his home key to go and cook for him. The first time I was surprised because giving your house key to someone you barely know is a bit weird to me but since Monday that I've started the work, I've been to his house 4 times cooking stew or vegetable soup. I'm there right now embarassed embarassed embarassed frying meats.

I am seriously not comfortable with the arrangement but I can't say no because I really need to keep the job and save up. He's married but his wife is not staying with him and cooking and cleaning is the job of a wife not a staff.

If ur a young girl (under 25) then the comment of a poster below may well be true:

"Tell us the nature of your job.. don't you have HR in the company?
In case you don't know, that your randy boss is already nursing plans to fvck you."

If his wife is old 28+ and your young, I'm 95% certain the guy is already nursing plans to fvck you!

1 Like

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Prenonjebose: 3:11pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dorwadora:

Here's the thing.

Stop cooking and doing house chores for him.
You are inviting trouble for yourself.
I hope you are not taking all those advising you otherwise, seriously. Between a married man and a young lady, there's only one outcome. Mind you, the blame will surely rest squarely on you when the inevitable happens.

2 Likes

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Mandy1414: 3:11pm On Apr 10, 2022
What is your job description?
What job role did you apply for?

If cooking and doing domestic chores are not in your job description pls quit the job.

Office work and home chores are two parallel lines.

You can't be at the office then he gives you his house keys to go cook for him. There is more to it that you are not saying.

Draw the lines btw the 2 roles.

And be careful with him. No man can be trusted

2 Likes

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by phemmyfour: 3:12pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dorwadora:

Here's the thing.

Hope you won't be preggy before ASUU called off the strike. The signs are there now but you won't quit until your next thread on Nairaland reads "Help, I m pregnant for my boss"

2 Likes

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by abimic(m): 3:12pm On Apr 10, 2022
My only concern is you cooking for another woman's husband, all shades of wrong, most especially, a man whose wife's not staying with. What if his wife suddenly comes in one evening and find you there, the outcome would be so unimaginable depending on the woman. So my dear, even if the man is of good intentions, just pray his far away wife doesn't come home suddenly as a surprise to her husband. Anyway, muslin men believe they're entitled to more than one woman, so his wife might not be too aggressive seeing you, like I said, 'might'.

1 Like

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by seanery: 3:12pm On Apr 10, 2022
Hin no get wife?? Hin no get HouseMAid if the wife is too busy with Work

I don talk am before say Prostitute better pass our girls.
At least prostitute no hide their own...,; but our girls go dey use "MY male BESTIE", "MY oga IN THE OFFICE", dey hide their plies.

Dorwadora:

Here's the thing.

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Blakpot: 3:12pm On Apr 10, 2022
It started from office, to kitchen and will eventually end up in bed.
Pls I dont want to read "my boss raped me" thread from u in the future.
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by duncan511: 3:13pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dorwadora:
My work is just to take order, document sales and expenses. Literally I manage the business money.... I've only been there for 6 days and the man Is the owner. @the bolded.... I'll take my chances till they finish fasting.... He's fasting now and quite a devotee so I don't think anything will happen now but I'm on a look out for another job
nor complain if him rape you, no work allowed normal person to go and cook for a boss, you loose ur respect because of job
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Bluffly: 3:13pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dorwadora:

Here's the thing.

You can never have it all. Quit the job and restrategise.
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 10, 2022
Stupid question. Silly girl.
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by ajl: 3:14pm On Apr 10, 2022
Maychang:

1. Make a move when you need to: because he will not come down from heaven to carry you.

The mistake you made is agreeing to do the cooking in the first place. You should have told him from the onset, that you don't feel comfortable doing that. (Was that even in your appointment letter or verbal agreement?) why didn't he hire a cook?

The danger in what you are doing is putting yourself at risk. Please you do not know who he is. Do not be carried away by "he is fasting".There are wolves in sheep clothing.

Very soon, he will begin to entice you with little tips and gifts here and there to take away your fears and gradually, he will get what he wants.

1. Tell him you no longer want to cook for him at his house. The best you can do is cook at your place and bring to the office for him.

If he asks why the sudden change, tell him you talked about it to your mum and she didn't like the idea and insists that you stop. That you do not disobey her as she has guided you all your life and you don't regret it.

Be bold, you are his staff and not his slave. Don't let him turn you into a sexual slave.

2. If he decides to sack you because of that, my dear... please run as fast as your legs can carry you. Other doors will open. Humans are always scared of the unknown (there will always be a way)

I will not speak further on this.... as I know many men out here will not agree with me.

Best advice so far. Girl, listen to this if you really love yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Nomyth: 3:14pm On Apr 10, 2022
This thing is very simple.

Let him give u the money for cooking, cook at ur own place and deliver to him in the office.

Chikena
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Sunsets: 3:14pm On Apr 10, 2022
I am a man and I agree with you except the part that suggests she moves the kitchen elsewhere. She should not cook for him at all. The dude is married for heaven's sake.
Maychang:

1 Like

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Prenonjebose: 3:15pm On Apr 10, 2022
Maychang:

I am a man, and totally agree with you. How much is the salary compared with the trauma of being raped. Op listen to this advice
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Bluffly: 3:16pm On Apr 10, 2022
Mandy1414:
What is your job description?
What job role did you apply for?

If cooking and doing domestic chores are not in your job description pls quit the job.

Office work and home chores are two parallel lines.

You can't be at the office then he gives you his house keys to go cook for him. There is more to it that you are not saying.

Draw the lines btw the 2 roles.

And be careful with him. No man can be trusted
No one can be trusted and not "No man"
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Electrochemistry(m): 3:17pm On Apr 10, 2022
Why not let sleeping dogs lie; is it necessary trampling on its tail.
Can a man walk on hot coals without scorching his feet? Proverbs 6:28
Why can't we be neighbourly and peaceful rather than experimenting with trouble which we would regret when it comes.
No wonder the Bible makes it clear in job 14:1-2 that

"1Mortals, born of woman, are of few days and full of trouble. 2They spring up like flowers and wither away; like fleeting shadows, they do not endure"

OP, if you can allow your hubby to do same to you, you can go ahead with your job; if not stay away from someone's husband. Don't allow devil to use you.
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by cocolacec(m): 3:17pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dorwadora:

Here's the thing.

I think you are playing with fire because he will come home one day to sleep with you since you already perform wife duties.If you must do him a favor cooking of his meals.Do it in your own apartment and take it to the shop/office.
Women should stop putting themselves in a vulnerable situation with men.My sister Rape is real.

2 Likes

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by ThothHermes: 3:18pm On Apr 10, 2022
slawormiir:

You will soon become part of the menu baby girl
grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Sheriman(m): 3:18pm On Apr 10, 2022
Just be careful we don't want to read a thread on Nairaland that goes thus "How I was strangled and raped by my boss on saturday morning"
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Burgerlomo: 3:18pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dorwadora:

Here's the thing.

Make una just invite us grin
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by goslowgoslow(m): 3:19pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dorwadora:
Thank you ma..... That's what I've been thinking too.... There are still good people. But seriously ma I'm always scared whenever I'm at the house... Even right now I've opened the whole door incase I need to escape any danger. I'm sitting outside the veranda with a kitchen knife beside me... Because I don't want my story to end as raped then strangled
Lol ... cheesy cheesy I pray that will not happen to you
That deranged and mentally unstable lady called SAPPHIRE abi na SAHPIERE will be glad to carry your story. God forbid
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by OlawaleBammie: 3:19pm On Apr 10, 2022
Sunsets:
This young mind trusts you already. Tell her to go home to her parents or guardians or get another job. What is going on dikwa too risky.
yea i know its risky, am pitying her already.
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by NamelessOGBENI(m): 3:19pm On Apr 10, 2022
We will be waiting for a more robust replies when the time come but for now, make I face my smoked fish b'ness.

1 Like

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by ajl: 3:19pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dorwadora:
My work is just to take order, document sales and expenses. Literally I manage the business money.... I've only been there for 6 days and the man Is the owner. @the bolded.... I'll take my chances till they finish fasting.... He's fasting now and quite a devotee so I don't think anything will happen now but I'm on a look out for another job

How old are you? You are thinking like an inexperienced teenager. If I run into a lady I want to have sex with, who care about fasting. You don't know men. All that devotee talk is charade. How many pastors and muslim clerics have been caught pants down with other men's wives and daughter....
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Benwallt(m): 3:20pm On Apr 10, 2022
Which of the schools are you attending there, EKSU or FEDPOLY? I believe you know danger when you sensed one. If the once straight line is getting crooked I knew you know you have to go back.

1 Like

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by diplomat058(m): 3:21pm On Apr 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
That is bullsheet, OK!

No rape victim ever thought to herself , "i want to be raped someday ". And no murder victim fantasized about being murdered in a vicious manner. Bad things happen to people every day, without them ever imagining it could happen to them. undecided
You didn't have to call his opinion "bullshit" in order to sell yours. OK? You have a good rebuttal that countered his point, but your approach was derogatory. He albeit has a point on the effects of excessive negativity. In the end, skeptics always prepare for the worst and it has always worked in most cases. They, however, may face social problems emanating from their negative interactive patterns of suspecting everyone. Imagine a Wife always probing the amorous relations between her Husband and her Daughter. Wrong? We can't blame her tho
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Clinghton: 3:21pm On Apr 10, 2022
If you were my sister I would stop you from such duty.

What if he comes home and sexually harasses you cooking for your boss at his home is very unprofessional.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Meet 11-Year-Old Primary 6 Girl Who Services And Repairs Generators In Delta / I Need Your Advice On Whether To Relocate To Canada Or Start Poultry Farm / How To Further My Career In Canada With Nigeria HND

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.