Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,281 members, 7,836,253 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong (33842 Views)

Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? / Was My Boss Right For Sacking Me Because I Was Hypotized. / Getting Angry At Work, Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 3:21pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dorwadora:
My work is just to take order, document sales and expenses. Literally I manage the business money.... I've only been there for 6 days and the man Is the owner. @the bolded.... I'll take my chances till they finish fasting.... He's fasting now and quite a devotee so I don't think anything will happen now but I'm on a look out for another job

Stop deceiving yourself and stop cooking for him. There is no devotee that will allow another woman cook for him during fasting except his wife and relatives. It is against sharia.

3 Likes

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by OlawaleBammie: 3:23pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dorwadora:
I am an indigene of Ekiti State, I'm a student here in Ekiti State, my grandparents stay here in Ekiti State, I have a very long line of relatives watching out for me here in Ekiti.... My parent have every reason to feel at ease with my stay here.... Ekiti state is my home
Which part of Ekiti are u sis??
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 3:23pm On Apr 10, 2022
This is absolutely not okay. If he wants to employ you as personal chef you can agree if you want to. If he employed you to work in the office restrict your job to the office. Tell him your mum is not okay with you going home to cook for him. Stop making it look like you are desperate for the money. He will only take advantage of that. Please create boundary now before you regret it
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by ajl: 3:25pm On Apr 10, 2022
cocolacec:

I think you are playing with fire because he will come home one day to sleep with you since you already perform wife duties.If you must do him a favor cooking of his meals.Do it in your own apartment and take it to the shop/office.
Women should stop putting themselves in a vilnerable situation with men.My sister Rape is real.

Should she even be the one cooking for him? What Nigerians accept just because of money? You have to learn to start putting your feet on the ground from day one. Look at the superbly successful people in the world, especially women, they don't fit girls that at one point in their past was forced to cooking for a boss just because she is afraid to lose a job. Be a strong and purposeful woman from this stage of your life. Your divine self is putting you to test and sadly you are about failing. Do you know if a bigger and better job is waiting for you elsewhere?

1 Like

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by BusinessPlan22: 3:27pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dorwadora:
Good evening my Romancelanders and Nairalanders. I hope y'all been having a good day?

Here's the thing.

Due to the ASUU strike I decided to get a job around my school instead of going home because Ekiti has become home for me. I resumed work on Monday, that's 6 days ago. I and my boss have not been having any issue. He gives the command and I get the work done but recently he has been giving me his home key to go and cook for him. The first time I was surprised because giving your house key to someone you barely know is a bit weird to me but since Monday that I've started the work, I've been to his house 4 times cooking stew or vegetable soup. I'm there right now embarassed embarassed embarassed frying meats.

I am seriously not comfortable with the arrangement but I can't say no because I really need to keep the job and save up. He's married but his wife is not staying with him and cooking and cleaning is the job of a wife not a staff.

Please house how can I stop this whole charade without losing the job?

Ashara, tell me you don't know how this will end
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 3:28pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dorwadora:
Thank you ma..... That's what I've been thinking too.... There are still good people. But seriously ma I'm always scared whenever I'm at the house... Even right now I've opened the whole door incase I need to escape any danger. I'm sitting outside the veranda with a kitchen knife beside me... Because I don't want my story to end as raped then strangled

Always follow your instincts. They are given to you by God to guide you through life. Don't brush them aside. You are clearly having doubt about this, why put yourself through it?
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Quim2: 3:28pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dorwadora:
Thank you ma..... That's what I've been thinking too.... There are still good people. But seriously ma I'm always scared whenever I'm at the house... Even right now I've opened the whole door incase I need to escape any danger. I'm sitting outside the veranda with a kitchen knife beside me... Because I don't want my story to end as raped then strangled

Pepper spray not knife.

Go to a big supermarket.

1 Like

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 10, 2022
Sunsets:
I am a man and I agree with you except the part that suggests she moves the kitchen elsewhere. She should not cook for him at all. The dude is married for heaven's sake.

Yes she shouldn't at all. But if she suggests that she will cook and bring for him. He will not agree.... That's the angle to beat him to it.

1 Like

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by kay29000(m): 3:30pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dorwadora:

Kitchen knife? He no reach that one na. Even if your boss has ulterior motive, he can never rape you... He is your boss, with a brick and mortar office, not someone you met online. He would rather entice you with gifts to loosen you up.

2 Likes

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by ogascomax: 3:31pm On Apr 10, 2022
The best way to go about this whole thing is to carry out your independent findings or investigation about the man. Start from the office, look for an advance person to confide in. Ask one or two person and also do the same from the compound and study the person's you want to ask this kind of questions so that they don't turned out to be the bad one. Also you can ask your boss, why you? Why must it be you going to cook for you and study is reaction. Above all don't fail to tell your family and friends about the boss, location and address of the office and the man's house. May God guide and protect you this day.
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Sunnydoo: 3:32pm On Apr 10, 2022
Have u heard of this; the way to a man's heart is through his stomach?

Means; that a woman can make a man love her by cooking him good meals.

How good is your meal?

The man don get u no be small.

U better find a a genuine or stupid excuse and stop going to dish his meal.

You are warned ⚠️

Flee from all appearance of evil! 1 Thess 5:22

1 Like

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by integrity16(m): 3:33pm On Apr 10, 2022
But cooking isn't part of the job description now? Be careful oh now that you are performing wifely duties in your bosses's house, if he decides to approach you for sex shey you will not come back to create another thread that your boss is harassing you sexually
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by oghenaigah: 3:33pm On Apr 10, 2022
This is one of the best advise so far you have received on this issue. Don't be deceived. Don't get carried away
This writer has rightly described the man indirectly as a wolf in sheep's clothing. My girl If you heed this warning you will live to tell the story. DON'T EVEN COOK FOR HIM AT ALL EVEN FROM YOUR OWN HOUSE. He is your boss for Christ's sake and the relationship with him should be official not informal. He employed you to do a job and it didn't include performing the chores of a housewife. At least your appointment letter didn't state that.

Maychang:
OP Please listen to me closely

There some things God expects of you.

1. Make a move when you need to: because he will not come down from heaven to carry you.

2. Take calculated risk: don't gamble with your life.

3. Do not put your trust in Man. You barely know him.

4. You are your number one priority.

The mistake you made is agreeing to do the cooking in the first place. You should have told him from the onset, that you don't feel comfortable doing that. (Was that even in your appointment letter or verbal agreement?) why didn't he hire a cook?

The danger in what you are doing is putting yourself at risk. Please you do not know who he is. Do not be carried away by "he is fasting".There are wolves in sheep clothing.

Very soon, he will begin to entice you with little tips and gifts here and there to take away your fears and gradually, he will get what he wants.

My advice to you (as I think you are not a wayward girl) is:

1. Tell him you no longer want to cook for him at his house. The best you can do is cook at your place and bring to the office for him.

If he asks why the sudden change, tell him you talked about it to your mum and she didn't like the idea and insists that you stop. That you do not disobey her as she has guided you all your life and you don't regret it.

If he plays the Mummy's girl card on you. Tell him you are proud of it.

Be bold, you are his staff and not his slave. Don't let him turn you into a sexual slave.

2. If he decides to sack you because of that, my dear... please run as fast as your legs can carry you. Other doors will open. Humans are always scared of the unknown (there will always be a way)

I will not speak further on this.... as I know many men out here will not agree with me.

A stitch in time, saves Nine

1 Like

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by gulfer: 3:34pm On Apr 10, 2022
He wants more than a staff, soon you'll begin to warm his bed as you are warming his soups and stews grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 3:35pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dorwadora:
Of course my instincts are against the whole thing, that's why I want people's opinion. And also a way to stop the whole cooking thing without losing the job.

A man with working equipment gave u his home keys and u accepted? What if the wife shows up unexpectedly how will u explain u just came to cook for oga? U want to claim u haven't the slightest signs of lust from him? Why didn't u object to it at first u done jump enter river finish u dey ask whether make u swim am or not. U will end up in his bed no two ways about it. He Just dey warm u up for what's to come.

1 Like

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Dybala11(m): 3:35pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dorwadora:
Good evening my Romancelanders and Nairalanders. I hope y'all been having a good day?

Here's the thing.

Due to the ASUU strike I decided to get a job around my school instead of going home because Ekiti has become home for me. I resumed work on Monday, that's 6 days ago. I and my boss have not been having any issue. He gives the command and I get the work done but recently he has been giving me his home key to go and cook for him. The first time I was surprised because giving your house key to someone you barely know is a bit weird to me but since Monday that I've started the work, I've been to his house 4 times cooking stew or vegetable soup. I'm there right now embarassed embarassed embarassed frying meats.

I am seriously not comfortable with the arrangement but I can't say no because I really need to keep the job and save up. He's married but his wife is not staying with him and cooking and cleaning is the job of a wife not a staff.

You don become small madam be that, aka second wife. Don't worry OP, he'll come and pay the bride price later on after the first born son. grin

1 Like

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by joyandfaith: 3:36pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dorwadora:

Get a pepper spray and keep it with you all time. Rape is real. Nobody will believe you unless you inflct injury on him. He will either ask you out or try to sleep with you, soon.

1 Like

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by prophetfire: 3:37pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dorwadora:
Of course my instincts are against the whole thing, that's why I want people's opinion. And also a way to stop the whole cooking thing without losing the job.
. Wait until aproko people tell his wife and she comes on a surprise visit and break your head.
Even if the wife doesn't get to know, very soon, the man would begin to cook your puna for you and by then, you would have become so comfortable with him that you can't say no to him. The man is a smooth and patient operator. He is just preparing you gradually.

SOLUTION: I know you need the job but in life, values are higher than just anyhow money.
You should have values and boundaries that you or another person should not cross in your life.
Tell your boss in a respectful way that it's inappropriate for you to be cooking for him. Unless he would inform his wife about the arrangement and his wife personally talks to you and permit you to do so for him.
If you continue playing with fire, one day, you would get burnt.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by cocolacec(m): 3:39pm On Apr 10, 2022
ajl:

Should she even be the one cooking for him? What Nigerians accept just because of money? You have to learn to start putting your feet on the ground from day one. Look at the superbly successful people in the world, especially women, they don't fit girls that at one point in their past was forced to cooking for a boss just because she is afraid to lose a job. Be a strong and purposeful woman from this stage of your life. Your divine self is putting you to test and sadly you are about failing. Do you know if a bigger and better job is waiting for you elsewhere?
The reason she cant quit now is because she already accepted to do it not once but 4times.If she brought the topic before accepting to cook for the boss.I will advise her not to do it in the first place.

She can cook at her place and take it to the office thats enough for now.
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by TheiaTalks: 3:41pm On Apr 10, 2022
Sweetplum:
Dry story.
Akantbilivit in this era/age.

Just ready to be raped or fuc ked peacefully
Cos u see danger you no run!

Like if she legit comes back to complain that she was raped or something, I fit swear for her...idiat!

1 Like

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by vexing(m): 3:44pm On Apr 10, 2022
Try and act as if you are calling your boy friend whenever your boss is around. You can call a friend if you don't have a boy friend and pretend as if you are speaking with your boy friend. By the time you do this twice in front of him he will get the message.
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Mosopzy23: 3:44pm On Apr 10, 2022
What part of Ekiti do you work.
Btw, I could link you with a remote online job (basically crypto) which could earn you done side income.
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by TheiaTalks: 3:45pm On Apr 10, 2022
flokii:
@OP Tell us the nature of your job.. don't you have HR in the company?
In case you don't know, that your randy boss is already nursing plans to fvck you.

Like...does she actually want to say she's blind to this fact?
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by cocolacec(m): 3:46pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dorwadora:
My work is just to take order, document sales and expenses. Literally I manage the business money.... I've only been there for 6 days and the man Is the owner. @the bolded.... I'll take my chances till they finish fasting.... He's fasting now and quite a devotee so I don't think anything will happen now but I'm on a look out for another job
No devoted muslim will ever bring a strange woman to cook for him.It is haram in Islam to be in seclusion with a non related woman.
Your boss is not a devoted Muslim.I think he likes you for keeps.

2 Likes

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by LyfeJennings(m): 3:48pm On Apr 10, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

We already know how it is gonna end

Happy ending for you boss....

As a real niggar I can tell where the journey is going to end

You will soon become part of the menu baby girl

Food wey dey prepare food
Dem go chop all of Dem together
lmao

2 Likes

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by PeachtreeReside(f): 3:49pm On Apr 10, 2022
It's not fair on you to be cooking for him.

How is that beneficial to you for your career ??

We do take people for granted in this part of the world.

Start over salting the food so he can stop you from cooking for him.

why doesn't he get a cook for that?

Is it personal business though?

1 Like

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Fejayofficial: 3:54pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dorwadora:

Here's the thing.

Continue with your work for him. He must love and trust you to give you this responsibilities. As you do well, he'll promote you.

He may mean no evil. However, if you must stop this act, you can always find an excuse of needing to attend to church activities or other things so that he releases you. Don't go telling him what you do for him is extra-curriculum. He wouldn't like it.

Meanwhile;

Waste No Time:

I bring to You: " Digital Wealth Secrets"

This is very helpful for Job Seekers and Those in Search for Genuine Passive Means of Income:

Follow The Nairaland Thread Link Below to Learn The 3 Simple Ways to Earn at least $12 (6,000 Naira) Daily which are as Simple as A,B,C:

A - Affiliations,
B - Bureaucracy,
C - CPA Marketing.

https://www.nairaland.com/7070860/financial-challenge-step-step-guide

Thank Me Later.

You'll be glad you did.
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by 1Sharon(f): 3:55pm On Apr 10, 2022
You should have told him, you're not comfortable with going to the house of a man you barely know undecided

Unless you want to.

And why is it Nigerians can't maintain a professional relationship with their employees? undecided weird.

1 Like

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by celestine2015: 3:55pm On Apr 10, 2022
This one is act 1 scene 1.
Please OP, try to set boundaries and stop cooking for him...let him know you're not comfortable with it.

I bet you, he'll develop feelings for you..it's a matter of time. He'll be interested in sleeping with you.

It's left for you to know what exactly u want.

1 Like

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by MrDelima(m): 3:56pm On Apr 10, 2022
My sister, If the wife is not aware of the arrangement then jus know it's a trap. You will soon be butchered.

My 1 cent advice
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Oluwasaudy(m): 4:01pm On Apr 10, 2022
Expect his dick soon...

undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Meet 11-Year-Old Primary 6 Girl Who Services And Repairs Generators In Delta / I Need Your Advice On Whether To Relocate To Canada Or Start Poultry Farm / How To Further My Career In Canada With Nigeria HND

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.