Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,769 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong (33793 Views)

Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? / Was My Boss Right For Sacking Me Because I Was Hypotized. / Getting Angry At Work, Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by sisisioge: 4:01pm On Apr 10, 2022
grin grin grin grin

I have never heard of this before fa....what kind of work is it? Na blue collar?
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by SugarGirl44(f): 4:02pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dorwadora:
My work is just to take order, document sales and expenses. Literally I manage the business money.... I've only been there for 6 days and the man Is the owner. @the bolded.... I'll take my chances till they finish fasting.... He's fasting now and quite a devotee so I don't think anything will happen now but I'm on a look out for another job

Don't be naive dear.
The only reason he hasn't made advances towards you is because of d fasting.
That's men or you, they only think about sex (no insult intended but I guess that's how they're made).
The religious ones are worse, I can bet that you're going to be his sallah gift.
He'll unleash his gbola on you around that time, sure thing.
Every young lady has fallen for this kind of gimmick by men at one time or another, it always ends up the same.
You're using your female innocence to look at him, but men are not like that, they always have an agenda for every act of kindness they show.
So it's left to you to stay if you like him but if you don't, just look for another job.
It's better that way instead of committing a crime cos I read where you said you were holding a knife.

1 Like

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by imagrg(m): 4:03pm On Apr 10, 2022
This truth May sound bitter. Times are hard. If you find pleasure in what you are doing, why not exploit it to the fullest? But you must insist on using condom if it comes to sex. Like this OP said, sex is overrated in Africa. Sex with condom is plus on the lady's side and minus on the man's side because it is like he's masturbating while the woman enjoys the money or whatever he pays for it. In the end, it's your boss who losses out.
YoungLionken:
See my dear lady..

The way to a man's heart is through..

Sooner or later, you both will start developing feelings for each other and it is normal..

Even if he makes sexual advances towards you, accept it. That way, you have trapped him for your financial and promotional gains..

Sex is overrated here in Africa, that's why it is seen as something huge..
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by ttobizz(m): 4:04pm On Apr 10, 2022
Cooking your way to your promotion
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by imagrg(m): 4:06pm On Apr 10, 2022
Zero your mind and enjoy yourself oh.
Dorwadora:
Thank you ma..... That's what I've been thinking too.... There are still good people. But seriously ma I'm always scared whenever I'm at the house... Even right now I've opened the whole door incase I need to escape any danger. I'm sitting outside the veranda with a kitchen knife beside me... Because I don't want my story to end as raped then strangled
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by meobizy(f): 4:07pm On Apr 10, 2022
It’s right if you feel so and wrong if you feel so. Leave me out of your life. The world is as hard or difficult as you make it.
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by andyanders: 4:07pm On Apr 10, 2022
Op, have you thought about his wife meeting you alone in her husband's house, cooking or arranging her materimonial bed and out of anger, gets u killed?

Have you considered that, being a single lady, you can be drugged and rapped by ur boss or accussed of theft if u decline to his request to fvck u? With his money, he can have our corrupt judicial system bought over.

Only a living soul can deffend himself/herself.

No ammount of money can replace ur life. Take a walk out of that job.

No act on ones face can show the minds construction.
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Whazar(m): 4:07pm On Apr 10, 2022
[quote author=Dorwadora post=111800260][/quote]
Where in Ekiti are you
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by kunle75(m): 4:07pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dorwadora:
Good evening my Romancelanders and Nairalanders. I hope y'all been having a good day?

Here's the thing.

Due to the ASUU strike I decided to get a job around my school instead of going home because Ekiti has become home for me. I resumed work on Monday, that's 6 days ago. I and my boss have not been having any issue. He gives the command and I get the work done but recently he has been giving me his home key to go and cook for him. The first time I was surprised because giving your house key to someone you barely know is a bit weird to me but since Monday that I've started the work, I've been to his house 4 times cooking stew or vegetable soup. I'm there right now embarassed embarassed embarassed frying meats.

I am seriously not comfortable with the arrangement but I can't say no because I really need to keep the job and save up. He's married but his wife is not staying with him and cooking and cleaning is the job of a wife not a staff.

Please house how can I stop this whole charade without losing the job?

You better go back home before you start warming his bed and clean his boxer shorts soon.
Can't he get a house help?
You will soon come back to tell us how your two legs was widely opened without mercy by your boss.
My opinion though
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by foolbuster: 4:08pm On Apr 10, 2022
YoungLionken:
See my dear lady..

Sooner or later, you both will start developing feelings for each other and it is normal..

Even if he makes sexual advances towards you, accept it. That way, you have trapped him for your financial and promotional gains..

5 bottles of ice cold beer for you. You have spoken well.

1 Like

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 10, 2022
YoungLionken:
See my dear lady..

Hope u go give ur wife or girlfriend this same advice when she's faced with something similar?
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by nijanigga: 4:09pm On Apr 10, 2022
People are still taking all the risks despite housemaids putting rat poison nside food for thier oga or housemaid jumping from 2 storey building to avoid rape ,its so easy to kill for rituals these days. I don't see this ending well.
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 10, 2022
Bola146:
grin Free your mind, we still have good with good integrity no matter what they see or do, they will never cheat cool cool Focus on your job like an employee, he paid you for it, so do your work diligently and leave unless you want him to increase your salary. If he wants to act stupid, please kindly quit asap! Don't think twice of waiting embarassed

Modified: Even if he is living with his family 24/7, if he will kill you, he can easily do that, anything in this life is a risk! Going to office and coming back everyday is about risk. It's a matter of the mind and choice, go to overseas and see how people are making money doing this job. If your mind is doubting, kindly quit! I know there are many people willing to accept that job.

You better run if you don't want to invite sexual assault.. trust me, him giving you the key is a prelude to he's grand plan...nobody will believe you when he forcefully rapes you or drugs you to do so.. THE CHOICE IS YOURS
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by foolbuster: 4:10pm On Apr 10, 2022
SilentQueen:
All shades of wrong

You are not an househelp and moreover that makes you like a slave,class yourself dear this 21st century!
Someone or the wife might misinterpret what you are doing!

Anyways keep looking for another job else where!

wee you keep quiet!
When did cooking and cleaning become a sole job for house helps. As if cooking is a big deal. angry
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by DKM123: 4:10pm On Apr 10, 2022
So what was he eating before you started work few days ago?! If he wants a cook then, he should employ you as a cook so that if anything happens to you, your family will know you went out on a job to cook for a client and haven't been seen since then.

Not telling your people that you are going to your sales girl job or whatever job you are doing and then from there enter bike to your oga's bedroom, sorry Kitchen yet, people will say they saw you leaving the job premises but don't know where you went to.

Ask around if the person that was initially doing the job before you came also cooked for your boss (ie, if she is female) Infact try and get the phone number and ask questions. Let everyone around you know you go to his house to cook for him incase he has a precedence or there are rumors of misconduct. Do your little investigations and then know if you should even run away from the job. What sort of man makes a new staff cook for him few days of knowing her.

1 Like

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Drone95(m): 4:12pm On Apr 10, 2022
Has he used style to ask you out? shocked
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by zedegit: 4:12pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dorwadora:
How's it gonna end?....

You sound naive. A man whose wife is not around will always have feelings for somebody that looks food for him especially if that person cooks well.

I would have advised you to tell him you don't know how to cook since that is not part of your job description but you have already cooked well for him.

Just make sure you have your phone always recording once he's at home with you as evidence but for now things are fine until they are not. I hope he doesn't belong to skull miners association?

My prayers are with you. Just let your friends or family know about it so they know who to drag on social media should...
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by lagosrd: 4:13pm On Apr 10, 2022
Be careful with these Ekiti dudes, don't say I didn't warn you. Its just a netter if time. Do your official assignment and leave for your house. Too much familiarity brings contempt.

Lastly, yahoo (+_) for Ekiti is real. If you loose , you're gone bye
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by foolbuster: 4:13pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dorwadora:
Boss crazy things are happening now and I have many reasons to be cautious. And naturally anyone familiar with Are-Ekiti axis will tell you that the place is a desolate area of many heaps.... I'm just been careful.

Nothing is happening, Its not as bad as you think, you just spend too much time on nairaland, nairaland focuses on bad news and negative things because bad news sells, and the owner needs the traffic to continue to make money. The worst that will happen is he makes sexual advances and you have the power to decide.
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Bbbw: 4:14pm On Apr 10, 2022
He doesn’t have a wife or what
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by zedegit: 4:16pm On Apr 10, 2022
AsomArchitectNG:
The only person i feel sorry for is your boyfriend

Boyfriend or husband?

Boyfriends are nothing unless they are man enough to graduate to husband.
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by bigiyaro(m): 4:17pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dorwadora:
How's it gonna end?....
on d bed.
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Kobojunkie: 4:19pm On Apr 10, 2022
diplomat058:
You didn't have to call his opinion "bullshit" in order to sell yours. OK? You have a good rebuttal that countered his point, but your approach was derogatory.

He albeit has a point on the effects of excessive negativity.

In the end, skeptics always prepare for the worst and it has always worked in most cases. They, however, may face social problems emanating from their negative interactive patterns of suspecting everyone. Imagine a Wife always probing the amorous relations between her Husband and her Daughter. Wrong? We can't blame her tho
This discussion isn't about excessive negativity since this nothing in the OP'S story indicates we are in that area at all. undecided

The particular statement which I responded to was a general statement that I have heard used several times but found through even my own life to be severally flawed. undecided

I have found that in most casee, it is always better to err on the side of caution, no matter what potential social problems that may come. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Eddygre8(m): 4:19pm On Apr 10, 2022
If it's a professional job, your job description should be spelt out. Cooking is not part of it
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Kobojunkie: 4:20pm On Apr 10, 2022
Sunsets:
Don't cook at all. He should advertise the job and hire a cook.
Well, yes, that too. undecided

It would be nice if he would pay her for her time spent cooking for him but she could also use him as practice for her own Home cooking and delivery venture. undecided

1 Like

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Gglorious: 4:22pm On Apr 10, 2022
Wrong
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by timifaithus(m): 4:24pm On Apr 10, 2022
Did I hear you say married?
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Remman(m): 4:28pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dorwadora:
Very soon he's going to have sex with you if he enjoys your home duty for him. This is what it means, you might ruin your future if you plan to settle down with another man. I'll advise you to start looking for another job now and when you get the job, resign. But if you want to be a side chick or a second wife or a sex machine, then it's up to you to decide because there's nothing you can do to stop the cooking and still keep the job. If you're someone with some level of integrity that would be proud in secret and open about your good character to set an example for your future children then look for a job that will add value to you and not the one that will reduce you. If you're the type that fvck around and be proud of it to share it with your generation then it's not a big deal 4 u. A good name is best if you were me because everybody learn from failures but nobody wants to fail. You can be an example for those who wants to have a successful good name.

1 Like

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Satazaa: 4:30pm On Apr 10, 2022
my dear sister please and please I urge you to disregard all the negatives that is being dished out to you here, I happen to be in 100 % similar situation and I happen to be the employer, in my situation my wife went for further studies and she herself made the arrangements for the househelp that is currently working in the house, she does not fulltime but comes and goes, in my own case my wife trust me totally but I can't say of your own boyfriend, your are offending the man soul and spirit by second guessing what you think in your mind and people's dirty minds on what you think he wants to do, why don't you give him the benefit of the doubt before assassinating his character, haba, the best you can do under the circumstances is to enquire about his reputation from other co-staffs and watch his mannerisms closely instead of listening to few of the dirty minded kids on nairaland, you need the money so work to earn it and that's what I love and appreciate about your person, undecided

2 Likes

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Fourwinds: 4:31pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dorwadora:
Good evening my Romancelanders and Nairalanders. I hope y'all been having a good day?

Here's the thing.

Due to the ASUU strike I decided to get a job around my school instead of going home because Ekiti has become home for me. I resumed work on Monday, that's 6 days ago. I and my boss have not been having any issue. He gives the command and I get the work done but recently he has been giving me his home key to go and cook for him. The first time I was surprised because giving your house key to someone you barely know is a bit weird to me but since Monday that I've started the work, I've been to his house 4 times cooking stew or vegetable soup. I'm there right now embarassed embarassed embarassed frying meats.

I am seriously not comfortable with the arrangement but I can't say no because I really need to keep the job and save up. He's married but his wife is not staying with him and cooking and cleaning is the job of a wife not a staff.

Please house how can I stop this whole charade without losing the job?

cooking and cleaning is the job of a wife not a staff.

You have a solution to your problem yet you still want prophet Elijah to tell you the truth...why are female like this
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by bilo1(m): 4:32pm On Apr 10, 2022
Exceptionally wrong

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Policewoman Called My Boss To Sack Me At My Place Of Work / Frustrated Employee Blasts His Employer For Always Messing With His “small” Sala / FCMB Nigeria Salary Scale: How Much Does First City Monument Bank Pay?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.