Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong (33795 Views)

Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? / Was My Boss Right For Sacking Me Because I Was Hypotized. / Getting Angry At Work, Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Fourwinds: 4:35pm On Apr 10, 2022
Satazaa:
my dear sister please and please I urge you to disregard all the negatives that is being dished out to you here, I happen to be in 100 % similar situation and I happen to be the employer, in my situation my wife went for further studies and she herself made the arrangements for the househelp that is currently working in the house, she does not fulltime but comes and goes, in my own case my wife trust me totally but I can't say of your own boyfriend, your are offending the man soul and spirit by second guessing what you think in your mind and people's dirty minds on what you think he wants to do, why don't you give him the benefit of the doubt before assassinating his character, haba, the best you can do under the circumstances is to enquire about his reputation from other co-staffs and watch his mannerisms closely instead of listening to few of the dirty minded kids on nairaland, you need the money so work to earn it and that's what I love and appreciate about your person, undecided

Oga you just talk rubbish... I'm 100% sure the reason why she was given that job was because of the useless employer's domestic chores.. He no know how to hire house help?

2 Likes

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Allisgud: 4:35pm On Apr 10, 2022
Maybe u put cooking and eating as hobby for ur CV, anyway if he ask u for that thing u are having in mind give it to him,it will add to ur promotion

2 Likes

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by babtoundey(m): 4:37pm On Apr 10, 2022
Did he employ you as a cook. Ekuro lo wa ra, omo eran se de'gba?.

I can't imagine being employed as a gardener and i will be working as a cooker and cleaner. You both have to define the nature of your employment. If needs a cooker, he should employ one. Learn to say "no" to things that miht develop into tumor sooner or later.

1 Like

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 4:41pm On Apr 10, 2022
I pity your husband
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by andyanders: 4:42pm On Apr 10, 2022
Op, have you thought about his wife meeting you alone in her husband's house, cooking or arranging her materimonial bed and out of anger, gets u killed?

Have you considered that, being a single lady, you can be drugged and rapped by ur boss or accussed of theft if u decline to his request to fvck u? With his money, he can have our corrupt judicial system bought over.

Only a living soul can deffend himself/herself.

No ammount of money can replace ur life. Take a walk out of that job.

No act on ones face can show the minds construction. Be on alert. That knife u're holding, will not help you. If u kill him in self defence, u have committed murder and can be accussed that u robbed and killed him.

1 Like

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by zedegit: 4:43pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dorwadora:
Maybe you should read my post again sir.... I've only been there for 6 days.... I have and will never steal anybody money. I don't take what doesn't belong to me.... The only time I have access to the man's money is when I take order and every money either coming in or going out is always properly documented. He can not use fucck to settle anything with me cus I don't own him anything.

... owe him anything not own him anything.
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by CORRECTMAN78(m): 4:49pm On Apr 10, 2022
Don't allow him mine your skull oo
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 4:50pm On Apr 10, 2022
I pity your husband.
If he finds out, how do you expect him to react?
Even having explained everything to him, how do you expect him to believe or trust you?
Put yourself in his shoes.
Imagine him having a female boss who have already given him her house keys, to go help her change blown-out electric bulbs, four times within a week.
Imagine that You got wind of the situation, how will he explain it to you?
Will you believe there's nothing between them?
Won't you abuse your husband and call him a weakling for not protesting?

Na waa oo! If you don't know what to do, other than to continue cooking for your boss as a married woman, then You and your Boss deserve each other, and Your husband should also look for another married woman to be cooking stew and frying meat for him four times in five days. Coz 5days make a work-week.
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by remzytimer: 4:50pm On Apr 10, 2022
Just ask that you want to speak with his wife and that will make him know that you are not there for any hidden agenda.

1 Like

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by zedegit: 4:51pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dorwadora:
To be sincere with you I'm in a serious, happy relationship.... I and my boyfriend will be 4 years together by May...

Contentment has always been my watchword and it's this contentment is the reason I'm always happy.... One of the reason I made this post out is because I don't want anything that will hurt my relationship and the trust we've built in eachother.... I don't like to gain wealth through means that I can't be proud of.... I made a post on my deactivated account about how I saved up to start a cybercafe business... I was very proud of the business.... That's the kind of life I want for myself.....

Thanks for your advice and concern sir...

4 years relationship in Nigeria comes with sex.
What if your boyfriend doesn't marry you, who will take the shortage?

Poor simple Smith.
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by mechanics(m): 4:52pm On Apr 10, 2022
He should employ the services of caterers and not to engage you.
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Kpengla(m): 4:53pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dorwadora:
Good evening my Romancelanders and Nairalanders. I hope y'all been having a good day?

Here's the thing.

Due to the ASUU strike I decided to get a job around my school instead of going home because Ekiti has become home for me. I resumed work on Monday, that's 6 days ago. I and my boss have not been having any issue. He gives the command and I get the work done but recently he has been giving me his home key to go and cook for him. The first time I was surprised because giving your house key to someone you barely know is a bit weird to me but since Monday that I've started the work, I've been to his house 4 times cooking stew or vegetable soup. I'm there right now embarassed embarassed embarassed frying meats.

I am seriously not comfortable with the arrangement but I can't say no because I really need to keep the job and save up. He's married but his wife is not staying with him and cooking and cleaning is the job of a wife not a staff.

Please house how can I stop this whole charade without losing the job?

The only advice I got for you is to go buy a helmet with bulletproof visor, so that you can retain your vision when his wife eventually pours acid on your face

1 Like

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by SugarGirl44(f): 4:53pm On Apr 10, 2022
flokii:

Hmmmn.. muslim men don't joke with t0to dept. whether fasting or not.
Just be careful out there and let people know your whereabouts. Goodluck securing a better job offer.

As in... grin grin grin grin
He'll soon use her to do itunu awe.
Sure the guy man is eagerly counting down to the end of ramadan.
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by nams77: 5:05pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dorwadora:
Yes, that's another concern for me.... I got home now and I met him sitting outside my room waiting for me... He has been very supportive since I got the job but he's also not happy at all that I'm cooking for another woman's husband.

Chai! What a SIMPle man.
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by MhizA(f): 5:07pm On Apr 10, 2022
e author=Dorwadora post=111800599] Yes, that's another concern for me.... I got home now and I met him sitting outside my room waiting for me... He has been very supportive since I got the job but he's also not happy at all that I'm cooking for another woman's husband. [/quote]

Then I suggest anytime he asks u to go and cook for him, call your bf and both of you should go together.
Or better still quit that job. He should go and employ a maid if he can't cook and clean by himself.

I bet you if the wife gets to hear about this shenanigans you will be in deep shit. See you see acid bath.
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Dorwadora(f): 5:09pm On Apr 10, 2022
I can't answer all the mentions I got but I'm grateful to everyone who took time to read and advise me on the right thing to do.... To clear some misconception.

1. Tomorrow will make it a week I started working. I and the man have never met and we don't rapport even at work....maybe he's taking advantage of my shyness or he want to take advantage of my me sexually,I can't say....His action has not point to that part
2. I'm an final year student... I'm not 9 years old.
3. I know it's wrong cooking for my boss, hence the reason I asked in the last paragraph of my post that 'how can I stop the whole charade without losing my job'....
4. I posted a screenshot photo earlier of how I made distress calls and messages to alert people of my movement.
5. The man is the owner of the place.... smiley He's the HR.
6. The wife is also a student but they have a kid together. She's away visiting relatives.
7. I believe in karma .... Sleeping with a married man is a cycle that might repeat itself on me
8. My boyfriend is aware of all this move.... He call and make sure to monitor my movement... But due to the emotional stress, I've been advised to stop working there

Due to security threat here and there I've been advised by my boyfriend to stop work and patiently hunt for another and I've called to the man to make my intention know .... I have many bad habits but gaining wealth in an unhonorable fashion is not part of it .....

I'm grateful to everyone .... Ese gan ni

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by shegun4sur: 5:13pm On Apr 10, 2022
Daniel7543:
cool

Continue to cook for him, as long as you have a good and comfortable working environment with him. If you're being molested then I would advice you end the job.

But, my mind dey tell me say las las your boss will ask you out, but the ball is in your court to accept him or not.

But as long as he's not making sexual advances yet, then enjoy your job. No job anywhere, the street don Maga.

Agreed;
Molestation or harassment- say no and quit
Sexual advances or toasting- agree if you like him/it

She's an adult and 2 can play the game
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 10, 2022
No be today wey you and your Boss start to dey tanko Adora, wepu aka enwe na ofe! Na advice.. Let married men have Peace, you young ladies.. The way you are enjoying with the married man now, when you marry and another person starts doing that, hope you won't start crying foul?
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 10, 2022
No be today wey you and your Boss start to dey tanko Adora, wepu aka enwe na ofe! Na advice.. Let married men have Peace, you young ladies.. The way you are enjoying with the married man now, when you marry and another person starts doing that, hope you won't start crying foul?
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by ashawopikin(m): 5:17pm On Apr 10, 2022
grin grin
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 10, 2022
[s]
Dorwadora:
I can't answer all the mentions I got but I'm grateful to everyone who took time to read and advise me on the right thing to do.... To clear some misconception.

1. Tomorrow will make it a week I started working. I and the man have never met and we don't rapport even at work....maybe he's taking advantage of my shyness or he want to take advantage of my me sexually,I can't say....His action has not point to that part
3. I know it's wrong cooking for my boss, hence the reason I asked in the last paragraph of my post that 'how can I stop the whole charade without losing my job'....
4. I posted a screenshot photo earlier of how I made distress calls and messages to alert people of my movement.
6. The wife is also a student but they have a kid together. She's away visiting relatives.
7. I believe in karma .... Sleeping with a married man is a cycle that might repeat itself on me
8. My boyfriend is aware of all this move.... He call and make sure to monitor my movement... But due to the emotional stress, I've been advised to stop working there

Due to security threat here and there I've been advised by my boyfriend to stop work and patiently hunt for another and I've called to the man to make my intention know .... I have many bad habits but gaining wealth in an unhonorable fashion is not part of it .....

[/s] A typical Zoogeria girl! Pant had shifted! So, within one week you started your job you had known everything about the man and his wife and his kid. And he is taking advantage of your shyness! Una no dey ever talk true for this life. Continue enjoying someone's husband!

1 Like

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Dorwadora(f): 5:25pm On Apr 10, 2022
PraiseGodNoTime:
[s][/s] A typical Zoogeria girl! Pant had shifted! So, within one week you started your job you had known everything about the man and his wife and his kid. And he is taking advantage of your shyness! Una no dey ever talk true for this life. Continue enjoying someone's husband!
Knowing he has a kid is a basic information I got from his conversation with others smiley smiley...

I know things are hard everywhere but everything will be fine soon mate.... No need for the aggression.... Cheers smiley
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by chris51(f): 5:25pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dorwadora:
Good evening my Romancelanders and Nairalanders. I hope y'all been having a good day?

Here's the thing.

Due to the ASUU strike I decided to get a job around my school instead of going home because Ekiti has become home for me. I resumed work on Monday, that's 6 days ago. I and my boss have not been having any issue. He gives the command and I get the work done but recently he has been giving me his home key to go and cook for him. The first time I was surprised because giving your house key to someone you barely know is a bit weird to me but since Monday that I've started the work, I've been to his house 4 times cooking stew or vegetable soup. I'm there right now embarassed embarassed embarassed frying meats.

I am seriously not comfortable with the arrangement but I can't say no because I really need to keep the job and save up. He's married but his wife is not staying with him and cooking and cleaning is the job of a wife not a staff.

It is wrong. You will be his sex object very soon

1 Like

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Shytreasure(m): 5:26pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dorwadora:

Here's the thing.

I love the fact that you are a hard working young lady; many of your mates who are ladies have not thought outside the box to take this decision of being actively engaged with something as you are doing; many are on TikTok and Instagram w when you are busy grooming yourself, I commend you.

However, i want you to know that, there is a job description for every role an employee's service is engaged in an organisation. Since cooking isn't part of your job, then why cooking for him in his house?

Fine, it's difficult to get a job that's okay nowadays, yet that's not enough reason to put yourself in harms way!! In fact it is not professional of him to ask his employee to go home and cook for him just because he is your boss!! You were not employed for that!!

It will only take time, positive and negative charge will always attract, mind you if it doesn't come from you it may come from him as a man; don't forget that if mohammed doesn't go to the mountain, mountain will go to mohammed. Besides, men are usually attracted to what they see; the more he sees you around him at home the more he might be tempted to take a wrong move even though he never had that in mind in the first place.

Don't put yourself in a compromising situation; you said it that his wife doesn't stay with him.

I want to suggest you do the following:

1. Ask other female employees tactically without raising any dust if they have played similar role in the past; make findings about your boss in a jovial and humorous way to avoid suspicion from fellow colleagues.

2. From my own perspective, you may appear jovial, perhaps that's one of the reason why he decided to engage your cooking prowess in the first place; because you are jovial and free with everyone. That also shows you have a measure of good rapport with your boss despite being a "newcomer" . Therefore, i want you to Humorously and firmly suggest to him that you would like to do the cooking in your place and bring it over to him due to certain reasons (i will mention them).

I don't know the time you usually leave his place, but if it's after 6 pm or 7, state security as a reason for this suggestion.

If he protested by saying that it's more less the same since you will be coming almost the same time , tell him you will be accompanied by your boyfriend; it's good he even get to know you are in a relationship, so he can have a rethink as to his right and grip over you outside the work environment.

Meanwhile, watch his body language and facial expressions while engaging him in this conversation. If it is someone without an ulterior motive, he won't find fault in any of these!

You are not a cook for crying out loud, and if he would like you to assist him do the cooking, then he should be comfortable with how and where you are gonna get it done, even if it involves you bringing it from your place.

The world is cold my dear!! Proactive measures is expected of each and everyone one of us. Don't trust people too much. At times, the unimaginable comes from those we trust so much.

1 Like

Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by SugarGirl44(f): 5:26pm On Apr 10, 2022
jolaksy:
Since u don't wanna lose the job, why not complete it with a doggy. Yeye dey smell

You dey mind am?
She knows what she's doing is very wrong, she definitely won't take another girl cooking for her husband, but she needs validity from one or two persons so she can continue the act.

Imagine the wife even walking up on her in the kitchen and she decides to bath her with hot water sef.
The girl get mind for her age.
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by phemmyfour: 5:27pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dorwadora:

You're welcome. You took the right decision
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by chaloskyx: 5:32pm On Apr 10, 2022
from tomorrow start wearing an engagement ring when he asks you tell him you just got engaged if he's a good man he wont be offended but if his moral drops and he starts treating you anyhow just know the man wanted to chop you and run far away cause he would start forcing himself on you or try to convince you. and if your wise if you agree to sleep with him tell him you are pregnant and need to abort it b4 your fiance notices cashout x4
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by placeofallure(f): 5:38pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dorwadora:
Thank you ma..... That's what I've been thinking too.... There are still good people. But seriously ma I'm always scared whenever I'm at the house... Even right now I've opened the whole door incase I need to escape any danger. I'm sitting outside the veranda with a kitchen knife beside me... Because I don't want my story to end as raped then strangled

Now, this touched me. It's the situation of the country. We don't trust ourselves anymore. He even has mind to trust you with his food. Reciprocate that trust by thinking he won't do what you are imagining. He may just be in dire need of somebody to do home dishes and he decided why not you.

You're not a baby. Once you noticed that handshake don dey pass elbow, then it's time to move!
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 10, 2022
You've already lost your job the moment you accepted the offer to cook for him.
Right now he's just using you.
I've seen a lot of girls make this mistake whereby the guy never defines their relationship and ends up with sex
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by shovaychoco: 5:41pm On Apr 10, 2022
Lol. If you are really sure you don't want this happening just look for a way to bring up a discussion on Erelu, The Governor's wife. Describe how you love how she fights for the rights of women. He will run, and you will still have your job. The worst he can do is pay you off
Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by KosyJerry(m): 5:43pm On Apr 10, 2022
Don't start what you can't finish.. I've said my own

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Policewoman Called My Boss To Sack Me At My Place Of Work / Frustrated Employee Blasts His Employer For Always Messing With His “small” Sala / FCMB Nigeria Salary Scale: How Much Does First City Monument Bank Pay?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.