Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,939 members, 7,817,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage (17933 Views)

Stingy And Abusive Baby Dady! / Man Seeks Advice On How To Deal With A Wife That Gets Violent And Abusive / 17 Year Old Girl Killed By Obsessed And Abusive Ex-boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Abaman001(m): 2:12pm On Apr 11, 2022
ImaIma1:

Leave feminism alone. Not everything is about feminism.

We should learn to stop comparing today's marriages to our parents marriages. Our parents didn't know better. They don't have the information we have now.

Besides, there were still failed marriages at that time. At least I knew uncles and aunties who were no longer married. And I am sure you knew some too even though you want to conveniently ignore them to push you point home.

Also, the world has advanced. You cannot expect every thing else to advance while marriage remains redundant. You want to send a chat to someone and he or she receives it immediately, and not to write a letter to go and post it at the post office. But you want marriage to be the same way it was 40years ago.

There is enlightenment, information at people's finger tips to work with now. Now, women know that they also have a life and that they should be treated with respect. That no man has the right to maltreat them.

But men cannot deal with this change along with other changes in the world. Many of you feel the need to oppress your wives to show authority and mask your insecurity.

You men need to deal with the fact that marriages cannot be like our parents'. And this has nothing to do with feminism

Thank you for ur submission regarding my view towards the major causes of our today generation failures in keeping their marriages or relationships, but then I wasn't expecting
anything less from what you have said on that regard from a today modern woman (feminist)... The hard truth is that ur view and believe occasioned by the so called civilizations and changes in mankind from the female folks is the root cause of littered single motherhood that is ravaging our present day society. Sister believe me, single motherhood is not a child's play, it's has a heavy negative effect on the innocent kids and as well as putting so many single mothers into depression, e.g Tonto Dikeh, with all the money she has and all her fame she is still under depression ( you can say she is not, but then her character in public space proves otherwise).... If you are not a single mother, pls, don't pray for it and don't go for it, except you are well equipped financially.... Again, God who made man ahead of woman have a reason for doing it so, he knows more than any of us and what will happen in a million years to come, except you also don't believe in God, but you must believe in nature, at least nature has made it that male always leads the female both in humans and animals....it's a free world, you are at liberty to choose what to believe but the consequences you also have to bear it....

1 Like

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by ImaIma1(f): 4:23pm On Apr 11, 2022
Abaman001:

Thank you for ur submission regarding my view towards the major causes of our today generation failures in keeping their marriages or relationships, but then I wasn't expecting
anything less from what you have said on that regard from a today modern woman (feminist)... The hard truth is that ur view and believe occasioned by the so called civilizations and changes in mankind from the female folks is the root cause of littered single motherhood that is ravaging our present day society. Sister believe me, single motherhood is not a child's play, it's has a heavy negative effect on the innocent kids and as well as putting so many single mothers into depression, e.g Tonto Dikeh, with all the money she has and all her fame she is still under depression ( you can say she is not, but then her character in public space proves otherwise).... If you are not a single mother, pls, don't pray for it and don't go for it, except you are well equipped financially.... Again, God who made man ahead of woman have a reason for doing it so, he knows more than any of us and what will happen in a million years to come, except you also don't believe in God, but you must believe in nature, at least nature has made it that male always leads the female both in humans and animals....it's a free world, you are at liberty to choose what to believe but the consequences you also have to bear it....

When making examples, leave people like Tonto Dike who do not represent the everyday woman out of it.

The single motherhood is caused by who? Women? The truth is that men are insecure about their position as heads. They feel they have to lord over and suppress the woman to be relevant in the home. That should not be the case.

Do men sincerely love their wives the way they were commanded to? Yet they demand submission.

No one was created to be an underdog, whether man or woman. With enlightenment, women are aware that they deserve to be treated like joint heirs to the Kingdom, and not like slaves under a mere man created by the same God.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by BRATISLAVA: 5:19pm On Apr 11, 2022
theultimatep3:

I would like to see the stats

Get them yourself, so that you will stop posting fallacies.
Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by BRATISLAVA: 5:24pm On Apr 11, 2022
ImaIma1:

When making examples, leave people like Tonto Dike who do not represent the everyday woman out of it.

The single motherhood is caused by who? Women? The truth is that men are insecure about their position as heads. They feel they have to lord over and suppress the woman to be relevant in the home. That should not be the case.

Do men sincerely love their wives the way they were commanded to? Yet they demand submission.

No one was created to be an underdog, whether man or woman. With enlightenment, women are aware that they deserve to be treated like joint heirs to the Kingdom, and not like slaves under a mere man created by the same God.

They know these things.

They've seen the mistakes of their parents, and they felt the bite.

But the desire to own and control females is more irrational. They don't want to accept that they are usually the cause of problems in relationships. They prefer to point fingers and keep at their problematic ways.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Abaman001(m): 5:26pm On Apr 11, 2022
ImaIma1:

Ok... you made valid points and I must agree with you, man don't have to Lord over his wife, this is a matter of individual differences, i love women who reasons smartly but not to disrespect a man in the process, I love women who talks maturely with some level of respect when making their point, the most challenge some women have are their manners. Believe me the most problem in families today are triggered by the way most women talks to their partners when being offended, not all men has the ability to tolerate it and over come it thus, leading to fight which of course become violence, that is why the Bible says the power to build a home and to destroy a home lies in the tongue of a woman, that where the so called education and westernization comes to play negative parts in our marriages, bcus prides and feminism will not allow the woman to choose are words when replying her partner...the power to control a man lies in the tongue of a woman, God made man the head and made woman the manager and controller of the man's world, Eve controlled Adam to her bidding, Julila controlled Samson with her tongue, the problem of today's woman is not understanding how to manage her powers over a man....no man is born naturally wicked or bully over a woman, every man melt down when spoken rightly by a woman, it's a natural thing in every man, that is why every strong man's weak point is always a woman..... challenging spirit and rubbing shoulders with a man can never win a man's heart, but when you message their eagles, you will see them melting down for you as a woman and people will be thinking it a juju but it's not...all what a woman need is to understand her man that's all, that's were our parents played better rolls than our today's educated women, and they are missing out....
Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by ImaIma1(f): 6:31pm On Apr 11, 2022
Abaman001:

Ok... you made valid points and I must agree with you, man don't have to Lord over his wife, this is a matter of individual differences, i love women who reasons smartly but not to disrespect a man in the process, I love women who talks maturely with some level of respect when making their point, the most challenge some women have are their manners. Believe me the most problem in families today are triggered by the way most women talks to their partners when being offended, not all men has the ability to tolerate it and over come it thus, leading to fight which of course become violence, that is why the Bible says the power to build a home and to destroy a home lies in the tongue of a woman, that where the so called education and westernization comes to play negative parts in our marriages, bcus prides and feminism will not allow the woman to choose are words when replying her partner...the power to control a man lies in the tongue of a woman, God made man the head and made woman the manager and controller of the man's world, Eve controlled Adam to her bidding, Julila controlled Samson with her tongue, the problem of today's woman is not understanding how to manage her powers over a man....no man is born naturally wicked or bully over a woman, every man melt down when spoken rightly by a woman, it's a natural thing in every man, that is why every strong man's weak point is always a woman..... challenging spirit and rubbing shoulders with a man can never win a man's heart, but when you message their eagles, you will see them melting down for you as a woman and people will be thinking it a juju but it's not...all what a woman need is to understand her man that's all, that's were our parents played better rolls than our today's educated women, and they are missing out....

I believe and understand that the man and woman have their parts to play when it comes to marriage. Women need love/affection, men need respect. One party cannot be failing and expecting the other to carry the weight of the marriage alone.

A man has an obligation to treat his wife with caution and care. You cannot take a woman from her father who was not maltreating here and you start treating her badly. She will revolt.

A woman is a human being with feelings, intelligence and a sound mind. You can't expect her to remain like a prisoner when a man treats her badly.

Men have to change from their patriarchal way of running their homes because any woman with a sound mind will not be held down from fulfilling her dreams and maximizing her potential. A woman was not created to serve a man. She also has her purpose in life.

2 Likes

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Kobojunkie: 6:56pm On Apr 11, 2022
MISSCONGENIALITY:
Yeah. That's why it's good for couples to separate if their marriage is not working.

When they force it and fight everyday infront of the kids, especially when the man beats his wife at any given opportunity infront of the kids, the psychological damage on the kids is usually worst than them being brought by a single peaceful parent.
The girl child grows up thinking being abused is okay for a woman and the male child will think beating a woman is the only way to get her to respect him.
Sometimes their father may explain to them that the reason why he beats their mother is because she's stubborn, stupid, or crazy just to justify his brutality

That's why it's also important to know the relationship between your intending spouse's parents before accepting to settle down with them.
Out people will say" iju aju or iju else"
One really needs to know the family they are going into before accepting marriage with someone.
The children, the true victims in abusive homes. They are the one's who futures are truly handicapped by the abuse and violence. If only mothers in such situations will recognize this and do everything possible to escape for the sake of those young ones, they can remain alive while protecting the one that matter too. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 9:32pm On Apr 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The children, the true victims in abusive homes. They are the one's who futures are truly handicapped by the abuse and violence. If only mothers in such situations will recognize this and do everything possible to escape for the sake of those young ones, they can remain alive while protecting the one that matter too. undecided
Most people don't understand the damage. They are more concerned about kids brought up by a single happy parent. And call them kids from broken home. Not knowing it would have been safer for some kids to grow with one parent than grow with both parents who have no peace to offer and are so busy fighting they even find it hard to love the kids.
Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Kobojunkie: 9:33pm On Apr 11, 2022
MISSCONGENIALITY:
Most people don't understand the damage. They are more concerned about kids brought up by a single happy parent. And call them kids from broken home. Not knowing it would have been safer for some kids to grow with one parent than grow with both parents who have no peace to offer and are so busy fighting they even find it hard to love the kids.
I concur! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Bekind123: 12:24pm On Apr 12, 2022
wowmenow:

But you have verified that the husband beat her to death you believe that part of the story?

I am sure you are not married to understand what men is going through in hand of this modern women.

Nobody is justifying a man beating a woman but their is always two side to a coin.

The woman is cheating with another man that lead to the serious beating from the man alot of fact will come out soon

We should not shut that part of the story
You mean we should listen to the reasons why the man beat his wife to death, and maybe we should wake the woman to also defend herself. You must be sick.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Farfalla(f): 12:15pm On Apr 13, 2022
wowmenow:

But you have verified that the husband beat her to death you believe that part of the story?

Nobody is justifying a man beating a woman but their is always two side to a coin.

Comot for here!

A story came out that a famous gospel artist was beaten and died as a result. Her twin sister, her mother, her children and the family's acquaintances have all corroborated the story and you're here still asking for verification? What kind of verification do you want? Have them take polygraph tests?

wowmenow:

The woman is cheating with another man...

Easy for you to believe she had an affair, but you want "verification" concerning how she died? Why do you not ask for "verification" on the cheating story?

Always asking for "the other side of the story" whenever the victim is a woman. Sick people!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Have A Crush On My Younger Sister / Ladies Pay And Queue To Take A Picture With A Man Big joystick (pics & Video) / Pls Help Look At What I Saw After Having S3x With Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.