Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,985 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage (17972 Views)

Stingy And Abusive Baby Dady! / Man Seeks Advice On How To Deal With A Wife That Gets Violent And Abusive / 17 Year Old Girl Killed By Obsessed And Abusive Ex-boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Filmdirect: 6:49pm On Apr 10, 2022
wowmenow:

You just write everything in my mind when we here abusive relationship we only look at the men part of it.

The gospel singer that died more information is coming out on how the husband caught her cheating with another gospel artist frank Edward.

So? People cheat all over the world and will continue until Christ comes. It’s not right and it hurts, but there are sane recourses like divorce. Constant torture and death will never be justified.

And who is to say this is not a lie. Most Nigerian men know that all you have to do is label a woman a cheat and the stones will fly, whether true or not. Now they are going to label the dead a cheat, to work a case to justify the Nigerian man who they are secretly similar to, because a lot of Nigerian men emotionally and physically abuse their wives or belief in their core that the female is of lesser value and deserves to be broken in some way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by PEXBlog(f): 6:51pm On Apr 10, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

God gave me the wisdom to quit mine since. Though blessed with two lovely kids, but I have no regret that I made that decision of leaving such a worthless idiotic marriage. Poor him, he's walking around with just one ball in his scrotum. I destroyed one with my fury kickgrin he nearly died that day o.shocked

That action of mine towards him till date I am not regretting at all. I have lost so much in the hand of my ex husband which time won't permit me to say it all. I wouldn't say I was a perfect wife, no, I wasn't, I have my flaws too, but despite my flaws I tried all I could to make my marriage work. I am not happy because I am a divorcee, it's not something I am proud of. But sometimes something doesn't worth the stress,the abused and the insults so one had to let it go.

I won't say much regarding this, but the bold step I took to quit the marriage save my life till this moment. The second wife he took will probably not give birth again in this life because he hit the poor lady and damaged everything in her tommy, it was a miracle that she survived it and she too kissed the marriage goodbye after she survived. That was wisdom on her own part.

Please and please, erase that mentality of 'I am not happy of being a divorcee.' Don't live your life to please the society. Your happiness should come within (though I know it is relative as well). Never forget that attachment is the root of all sufferings while detachment is the root of all happiness. You have every reason to be proud and happy about your decision. YOU ARE STILL HUMAN!

3 Likes

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Idaytesj29(m): 6:51pm On Apr 10, 2022
wowmenow:

Instead of bragging just pray you did not
Meet a woman that will provoke you in life.

You are a kid to know what your father passed through for 38 years of marriage wait until you get married for 10 years you will know the meaning of women

On point
Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by cococandy(f): 6:56pm On Apr 10, 2022
Romanoff:
Until we stop shaming single mothers or divorcees, there are people that would rather stay in abusive relationships and be praying and watching war room than to leave with their lives intact just to avoid the backlash of the society.

"She no fit stay husband house", "na waka waka dey hungry her".

Etc.
Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by bonnyhope: 6:56pm On Apr 10, 2022
Lalami3232:
If all men say make dem quit abusive relationships/marriages, how many women go dey husband house or get relationships? Do you know what men swallow from 9ja women? But we no just dey wan blow trumpet about am. The excessive demand of money wey una dey give us na domestic abuse oooo. Even the "expanded" toto wey we dey need drill for una is a form of abuse. Toto go big like local first aid box due to una reckless lifestyle. The potty food wey most men dey have to manage to eat everyday for house na a form of abuse. Anyways, make I dey go church so I go pray to meet a virgin wey sabi cook.

I don talk am before and I go talk am again, "aside your mama and papa, nobody want make you better pass am for this life"

You have spoken well
Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Ubdavis(m): 7:01pm On Apr 10, 2022
Anyone that is not rational enough to know when to stay and when to leave ... Well, that one na him cup of tea oh

2 Likes

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Nobody: 7:09pm On Apr 10, 2022
Hartugrin27:

I agreed buh not � cos human can pretend till dey become husband n wife ..
The only prayer is to marry d rite one

No one has perfected in the act of pretending, something must surely give such a person a way and it is left for the other party to address it or ignore it.

1 Like

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by deleo16(m): 7:13pm On Apr 10, 2022
Domestic violence should be address in 3 forms i read where the sister said the husband beats her but after plea from the husbands family she will return back to the family and church should allow SEPERATION not total DIVORCE , a point where the woman is even encourage to keep praying and fighting for her marriage should be done when the seperation is done not under the roof of the abuser if the husband agree he needs help when the violence commence at first would have even make the matter better
2NDLY deliverance from spirit of anger or spiritual wife or husband although God gave difference Men of God different grace but from findings from MFM and SCOAN the culprit of this violence is this dark spirt possed demon but his some churches due dont conduct or have deliverance service any longer they just speak big grammer up and down no fire to detect such even if such is gift is not present u can refer abi whats the essence of PFN group
3rd STAGE even after the deliverance the man should have gone through a psychiatrist or Psychologists for examination to be sure if the woman can return to back slowly through a cerrtified marriage counsellor
1.SEPERATION
2.DELIVERANCE
3.MENTAL HEALTH HELP
Watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrlZwHqUntQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiXWH-GP2Cs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fUvWSH3dD4

Myles muroe preached this issue for years WATCH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgD2OKmwJuk

1 Like

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by LifeSolutionsTe(f): 7:19pm On Apr 10, 2022
Lalami3232:
If all men say make dem quit abusive relationships/marriages, how many women go dey husband house or get relationships? Do you know what men swallow from 9ja women? But we no just dey wan blow trumpet about am. The excessive demand of money wey una dey give us na domestic abuse oooo. Even the "expanded" toto wey we dey need drill for una is a form of abuse. Toto go big like local first aid box due to una reckless lifestyle. The potty food wey most men dey have to manage to eat everyday for house na a form of abuse. Anyways, make I dey go church so I go pray to meet a virgin wey sabi cook.

I don talk am before and I go talk am again, "aside your mama and papa, nobody want make you better pass am for this life"

Very funny. You are right though.

Anyways, the OP is very right too.

Stay away from Abusive Marriages/Relationships.

Meanwhile;

Waste No Time:

I bring to You: " Digital Wealth Secrets"

This is very helpful for Job Seekers and Those in Search for Genuine Passive Means of Income:

Follow The Nairaland Thread Link Below to Learn The 3 Simple Ways to Earn at least $12 (6,000 Naira) Daily which are as Simple as A,B,C:

A - Affiliations,
B - Bureaucracy,
C - CPA Marketing.

https://www.nairaland.com/7070860/financial-challenge-step-step-guide

Thank Me Later.

You'll be glad you did.

“Don’t be intimidated by anything. We are not giving because we have, but we are giving because God has enabled us to do so.”
Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Exceed15: 7:29pm On Apr 10, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

God gave me the wisdom to quit mine since. Though blessed with two lovely kids, but I have no regret that I made that decision of leaving such a worthless idiotic marriage. Poor him, he's walking around with just one ball in his scrotum. I destroyed one with my fury kickgrin he nearly died that day o.shocked

That action of mine towards him till date I am not regretting at all. I have lost so much in the hand of my ex husband which time won't permit me to say it all. I wouldn't say I was a perfect wife, no, I wasn't, I have my flaws too, but despite my flaws I tried all I could to make my marriage work. I am not happy because I am a divorcee, it's not something I am proud of. But sometimes something doesn't worth the stress,the abused and the insults so one had to let it go.

I won't say much regarding this, but the bold step I took to quit the marriage save my life till this moment. The second wife he took will probably not give birth again in this life because he hit the poor lady and damaged everything in her tommy, it was a miracle that she survived it and she too kissed the marriage goodbye after she survived. That was wisdom on her own part.

Good for both of you. If we heard from him we would hear a different story.
Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by LifeSolutionsTe(f): 7:37pm On Apr 10, 2022
MadeINchenzen2:
The only thing that matters in any relationship or marriage is a person's sanity and well being, There is no other thing that stands high above that... be it love, wealth, Children, family ties, oath, religion, culture or tradition.

Nobody deserves to be verbally or physically abused in any relationship or marriage. If you begin to see that sign in your partner during relationships, its a red flag... do not assume they'll change with time or think u can change him or her. Pls run, don't make the mistake of accepting to marry a person after getting those fillers.

Do not listen to any so called pastor or imam and their preachings, instructing you to do otherwise.

#SayNoToDomesticViolence

Pls take note

Meanwhile;

Your opinion with others are needed here:

So, we go back to the question;

Men;

"If She isn't a Virgin, Why Pay For Her Bride Price or Run Expensive Ceremonies?"

No be juju be that ?

Share Your Opinion Here:

https://www.nairaland.com/7072068/she-isnt-virgin-why-pay#111826095

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by executive12: 7:39pm On Apr 10, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

God gave me the wisdom to quit mine since. Though blessed with two lovely kids, but I have no regret that I made that decision of leaving such a worthless idiotic marriage. Poor him, he's walking around with just one ball in his scrotum. I destroyed one with my fury kickgrin he nearly died that day o.shocked him

Why are most women drawn to bad men? Is it the money?
Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Danniedpastor(m): 7:42pm On Apr 10, 2022
Lalami3232:

Its obvious that you are not married. And your hate and disrespect for women would be your undoing (if you don't quit it).

May God show you mercy

1 Like

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by judedwriter(m): 7:43pm On Apr 10, 2022
Some men and women are aggressive and dominant in personality.

They often exhibit stubbornness, rudeness, insulting language, physical assaults, etc. towards their partners.

With time they can control their weaknesses and turn a new life but their partners need to be very tolerant and patient. Otherwise, they will break up or dirvorce.
Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by eaglez(m): 7:52pm On Apr 10, 2022
Kai nobody prays for a toxic relationship but red flags are not to be ignored, good u came out clean that u had your faults too, nobody should endure in the name of saying I don't know what people will say, speak up and move on.
MadamVanessa:
shocked

God gave me the wisdom to quit mine since. Though blessed with two lovely kids, but I have no regret that I made that decision of leaving such a worthless idiotic marriage. Poor him, he's walking around with just one ball in his scrotum. I destroyed one with my fury kickgrin he nearly died that day.shocked

1 Like

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by harmargedon: 7:57pm On Apr 10, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

God gave me the wisdom to quit mine since. Though blessed with two lovely kids, but I have no regret that I made that decision of leaving such a worthless idiotic marriage. Poor him, he's walking around with just one ball in his scrotum. I destroyed one with my fury kickgrin he nearly died that day.shocked

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Plus10(m): 7:58pm On Apr 10, 2022
NeckingNgulping:
I just left one and I'm gone for good. She's a girl that gets angry at the most slightest provocation, and so vindictive.. I always had to walk on egg shells while I was with her.. Yeah, she loved me and I loved her too, but i got abused several times- physically and mentally. I can't count the number of times she slapped me, and came back to apologize. It was a norm and we argued everyday. On the contrary, I never laid a finger on her.. I feel liberated now..
Same yea too bro.My friend just left his wife yesterday. There was no day,she didn't abuse the guy over irrelevant things.The guy's body is full different scars as a result of her physical abuse.

3 Likes

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by harmargedon: 8:00pm On Apr 10, 2022
SilentQueen:
Ladies should take this advice seriously angry

Once you notice you are being abused both physically and verbally in your relationship, you don't need a prophet to tell you to leave!
Don't try to change the person and No second chance

Cos Men of nowadays are so childish and violent, especially all these wannabe redpillarsembarassed

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by harmargedon: 8:02pm On Apr 10, 2022
DropsMic:
pLEASE DONT.. COMMIT YOUR MARRIAGE TO GOD INSTEAD.. grin

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by eaglez(m): 8:04pm On Apr 10, 2022
Boss please don't spread information yet to be verified, the dead cannot speak for itself, the gospel singer is late and u expect the suspect to not to say anything to justify his actions Toxic relationships should never ever be endured at all, I have a man beating the wife for no just cause after which he will force his way on the woman, the next thing na pregnancy, the woman just dey born anyhow. It is so annoying seeing my fellow mab behave like this.
wowmenow:

You just write everything in my mind when we here abusive relationship we only look at the men part of it.

The gospel singer that died more information is coming out on how the husband caught her cheating with another gospel artist frank Edward.

2 Likes

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Lexicon123: 8:15pm On Apr 10, 2022
When people talk of abusive relationships, the default interpretation seems to be domestic violence, especially against women. Violence should be condemned in its entirety.

However, I see verbal abuses to be of equal scale as physical violence. The men are mostly at the receiving end of this abuse. They’ll then be enduring it continually because “you’re the man nah! You need to endure it; You need to understand she’s a woman; you’ve to make it work; just apologize even though you’re not at fault; ….” And so many of such narratives. Frankly, the verbal abuse is one of the major catalyst for physical violence in homes.

We must condemn all form of violences in their entirety.

3 Likes

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by wowmenow: 8:15pm On Apr 10, 2022
eaglez:
Boss please don't spread information yet to be verified, the dead cannot speak for itself, the gospel singer is late and u expect the suspect to not to say anything to justify his actions Toxic relationships should never ever be endured at all, I have a man beating the wife for no just cause after which he will force his way on the woman, the next thing na pregnancy, the woman just dey born anyhow. It is so annoying seeing my fellow mab behave like this.

But you have verified that the husband beat her to death you believe that part of the story?

I am sure you are not married to understand what men is going through in hand of this modern women.

Nobody is justifying a man beating a woman but their is always two side to a coin.

The woman is cheating with another man that lead to the serious beating from the man alot of fact will come out soon

We should not shut that part of the story

2 Likes

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by MadamOk(f): 8:18pm On Apr 10, 2022
I'm just here to read and learn wink wink wink
Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by wowmenow: 8:19pm On Apr 10, 2022
Lexicon123:
When people talk of abusive relationships, the default interpretation seems to be domestic violence, especially against women. Violence should be condemned in its entirety.

However, I see verbal abuses to be of equal scale as physical violence. The men are mostly at the receiving end of this abuse. They’ll then be enduring it continually because “you’re the man nah! You need to endure it; You need to understand she’s a woman; you’ve to make it work; just apologize even though you’re not at fault; ….” And so many of such narratives. Frankly, the verbal abuse is one of the major catalyst for physical violence in homes.

How I wish I can send you recharge card for this �

You are absolutely correct we can not count the number of men Nagging and abusive wife have lead to untimely death. We focus only on domestic violence

2 Likes

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by realtalk19: 8:49pm On Apr 10, 2022
byrron:
There is a reason for the word "courtship".

Before jumping into marriage, get to know your prospective life partner and decide if their limitations which you have observed while courting can be tolerated by you for the rest of your life.

Have an honest conversation about your observations and concerns to the other party and if those concerns are not addressed, then you already know what to expect when you end up as married couples.

Do not ignore all the red flags observed during courtship due to other primordial considerations such as short term benefits while sacrificing your future happiness.

Self appraisal remains the best advice ever and any contributions from any individual or religious figures are nothing but an opinion and they're not sacrosanct.

Some men/womenare good at pretending and hiding their real self to the extent you wunt notice any red flag till after marriage.

Just pray you don't have an encounter with the devil in husband or wife form.
Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Datikwerreboi(m): 8:52pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dizzyyish:

I remember someone said "if all men slightly raise their standards, most women would be single." Women are the opposite of men in many ways. Whereas a man wants peace of mind in a relationship; a woman wants (toxic) drama to keep her emotionally stimulated.

https://www.nairaland.com/6940959/women-essentially-children-waec
Lol, you said it all. The nagging by women tire me
Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by eaglez(m): 8:55pm On Apr 10, 2022
Oga the woman is cheating (like you alleged) was it that she cheated once that made him sum up the whole anger in him that he beats her to dead or the cheating was serial, can you confirm this , na who dem catch be thief, can the man vouch that he himself has not cheated on her?? If a woman cheats once and the man finds out I bet you after beating the woman, he goes on a cheating spree just that he owes no one no explanation. For records bro I am happily married with 7 years of love, respect, tolerance and sanity in my marriage. Let's tell ourselves the truth men!! Women get their own no doubts but then we too got to check ours too.
wowmenow:

But you have verified that the husband beat her to death you believe that part of the story?

I am sure you are not married to understand what men is going through in hand of this modern women.

Nobody is justifying a man beating a woman but their is always two side to a coin.

The woman is cheating with another man that lead to the serious beating from the man alot of fact will come out soon

We should not shut that part of the story

2 Likes

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by theultimatep3(m): 8:57pm On Apr 10, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

Do we know what men swallow? What do they swallow that is so great? The usual whataboutism. Anything to trivialize real facts.

Check the statistics to know what women swallow daily.

I would like to see the stats
Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Imbecilicsamuel: 9:12pm On Apr 10, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

I am not happy because I am a divorcee, it's not something I am proud of.

You should be more than proud you are a divorcee. Or would you rather be proud you are dead? No, because dead bodies feel nothing.

Be proud!!!
Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by intruder15(m): 9:12pm On Apr 10, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Jeez. He threw a punch pm a pregnant woman's stomach? Only God knows what else he did to you. Kpele. Trust you are holding on good with the kids.
Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by Datikwerreboi(m): 9:20pm On Apr 10, 2022
Lexicon123:

You're right actually. Piled up resentment from continues verbal abuse

1 Like

Re: Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 9:23pm On Apr 10, 2022
Proudlycanadian:
Some women simply like men who beat them. These attitudes don't just start in marriage. It begins in the courtship
Those are women with psychological problems and need fixing. They have been made to think that people who love you will inflict pain on you to correct you. Either by their parents or by their partners.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is Your Issue With Sa/ Zimbabwean Women Who Are Not Naija? / Nigerian Girls Pls Have Pity On Nigerian Men ( pics Added) / 7 Bible Verses That Proof Jesus Was A Black Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.