Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,076 members, 7,811,017 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . (6887 Views)

Poll: What Do You Think?

Financial Matters: 23% (46 votes)
Lack Of Time: 11% (22 votes)
Abuse: 6% (13 votes)
Falling Out of Love: 22% (44 votes)
Infidelity: 36% (72 votes)
This poll has ended

Seven (7) Common Reasons Why Once Harmonious Relationships Break Down / Why Do Long Term Relationships Break Up? / Why Many Relationships Break Up Just Before Christmas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by MsPotato(f): 6:50am On Jul 07, 2011
Pafuri, I did not receive your PM  embarassed

sexkillz:

[color=#000099]@Miss Potato, If you try that kind thing for Naija, Your parents fit no come ya Wedding oh! i have seen it happen!. . . Seriously Are most Parents Still living in the past? undecided. . .[/color]

yes I know that but what can I do? They hate black while I love black so what do you expect me to do? Should I follow their orders and when both of them die, I will live a lifetime of misery?
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by dayotheone(m): 7:12am On Jul 07, 2011
it breaks because, it has to break .
love from the wrong direction, different intention and wrong mind set .
in conclusion improper prep.
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 07, 2011
Ms. Potato:

Pafuri, I did not receive your PM  embarassed

yes I know that but what can I do? They hate black while I love black so what do you expect me to do? Should I follow their orders and when both of them die, I will live a lifetime of misery?

Oh, Hell NO!!! Even the Bible Says that A Man/Woman would have to leave His /her parents And become one flesh with his/her partner!
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by MsPotato(f): 7:23am On Jul 07, 2011
sexkillz:

Oh, Hell NO!!! Even the Bible Says that A Man/Woman would have to leave His /her parents And become one flesh with his/her partner!

Aha! So Im never wrong to begin with than. I was right all along.!
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Sike(m): 7:30am On Jul 07, 2011
It breaks bcuz most of us love wot we see not wot we want. #Period!It breaks bcuz most of us love wot we see not wot we want. #Period!
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Plumkin(f): 8:03am On Jul 07, 2011
Religious and Cultural issues top my list. I and my boyfriend of 5 yrs have broken up for about 4 months now, but not a single member of his family seem to care.

They are muslims and I am christain and the father told me in clear terms that i will have to convert to islam to marry their son. The mother, she's kept mum and only says things to her son about the relationship. Worse still, I never get to hear whatever she's said, even if i asked till thy kingdom come.

It is reaaallly hard but I'm trying to forget the past ang get on with my life,
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by MrsChima(f): 8:11am On Jul 07, 2011
Smelly condo. lipsrsealed
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Gogiba(m): 8:15am On Jul 07, 2011
grin wat sout of chicanery, 4 gudnes sak, wat ll u b doin wit a guy of 5yrs. I'm jst forcd 2 blve dis re jst mer fictions.
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by babyoy(f): 8:21am On Jul 07, 2011
"Yeah trouble starts when both parties start getting too used to eachoda and boredom sets in. Finding ways to keep d fire burnin can't be overemphasised"

I agree with the above because it is not always taken note of
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 07, 2011
I think its communication and commitment at the end of the day whether inlaws or boredom or whatever.when both parties are committed to eachother and make constant effort to understand eachother pls underline constant because just because you understand someone last week it does not end there,thesame person maybe going through different things in another week if you dnt communicate how will you knw the person just looks troublesome to you thats not to say there are no troublesome people. dem plenty. Then commitment, when you are committed to something you make sure it works despite the odds and sometimes some people just dnt want to learn, they are proud and selfish and some people are not meant to be.
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by lilEazy: 9:08am On Jul 07, 2011
most of d tym, d cos is lack of communication,
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 07, 2011
andromida:

I think its communication and commitment at the end of the day whether inlaws or boredom or whatever.when both parties are committed to eachother and make constant effort to understand eachother pls underline constant because just because you understand someone last week it does not end there,thesame person maybe going through different things in another week if you dnt communicate how will you knw the person just looks troublesome to you thats not to say there are no troublesome people. dem plenty. Then commitment, when you are committed to something you make sure it works despite the odds and sometimes some people just dnt want to learn, they are proud and selfish and some people are not meant to be.
Nice Input! Like i always say, there is always difference btw "Love" and "True Love". And When both Parties Concentrate On "Giving", not necessarily minding on what they receive in Return, The Relationship works Despite the Odds. . . Just Like You Said
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by DaDoctor: 9:29am On Jul 07, 2011
Aside communication, bla bla bla ^^SEX BINDS A GOOD RELATIONSHIP^^
190 ,cork and fokaddict Not so? cheesy
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 07, 2011
Now The Media Plays A Part Too! How? With Their Many LIES!  Romance Novels, Movies, soap operas, Books and what have you. They all end in Happy Endings. None will tell you What really goes on in the Home. They are Just So Unrealistic, and most time we believe those lies because they appeal to our emotions. If your BF/GF, Husband/wife Refuses to behave as one of those characters portrayed in the movies behaved, you are in for trouble. And the truth is that many People go into Relationships with Such Veil Over their Eyes! Looking for Unrealistic Behavior from their spouses. Scooping you off your feet, Making you breakfast in bed, blah, blah blah! I mean, C'mon! For Crying out loud, How will they See? And that is Why in A fresh/new relationship, Especially Marriage, Husbands and Wives will Play "Diego" & "Paloma" during their honeymoon and the few weeks that Follow, the veil will slowly be lifted from their Eyes, and then BAM! REALITY BITES! And They Aint Prepared for It. . . SMH!
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Patnoble: 9:36am On Jul 07, 2011
Relationships break because of lack understanding,is it possible to see a girl at a firs site and you think you can just marry her without studying each other to know your turn on and turn off, it cant last!!!!!!,and some people base there relationship on wealth which will also not last.In our country today many love are base in beauty which suppose not to be so and at the end the relationship will crash, there are many more that lead to relationship break up!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by ponke: 9:38am On Jul 07, 2011
relationship break up due to many reason beyond human control.if God is not a partner to your relationship,definately you will crash land.lack of communication between the party involved,they will quarrel all the time
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Tosinville(m): 9:38am On Jul 07, 2011
Get bored of poundin da same punny all the time & why is it that i've never come across a lady saying; she's bored swallowing the same kondo all the time?¿¿ multiple 0rgasm is really help 'em, if you knows how to give it to them then you're simply the best.
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 07, 2011
Da Doctor:

Aside communication, bla bla bla  ^^SEX BINDS A GOOD RELATIONSHIP^^
190 ,cork and fokaddict Not so? cheesy

And what if the SEX is Not There? Or You dont have access to it, maybe because of Ill health or Something Related? End the Relationship? In Real Life are you really Intimate all the Time? Are you Always in tha Mood? Is she Always in the Mood? What if you are not in the mood, and she is, Should She Break your head, or break her head, or start nagging without being considerate, or go get "some" outside? That's Where Communication Swaggers In. Pls let's be Realistic and Leave SEX outta this! Thank God you are a Doctor! wink
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by graluxxy054(f): 10:01am On Jul 07, 2011
[color=#990000][/color] comparin ones partner wit anoda can lead 2 breakup in a relationship. Furthermore, allowin a 3rd party in a relationship can b helpful but also devastatin
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by DaDoctor: 10:05am On Jul 07, 2011
^^ I understand you, but you have failed to understand the point i posed^^
From an angle, i see you are a VEE judging by your previous posts.As such you would want to be somewhat defensive andbecloud yourself with 'IDOLS' as posed by BACON . That aside, Sex is not a 'one thing' in the afore disccused topic but 'one of the things'

Some may prepare a meal with little or no salt at all, to their taste and likeness and for some reasons too. That how my point is, Sex isnt a stand alone but a very important one. Many marriages and relationships crumbled, is crumbling and would crumble cos of this point.

Sex binds! Though it hurts too especially when u arent there with a good person who has genuine plans for you!
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by sley4life(m): 10:14am On Jul 07, 2011
infidelity & financial matters
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Lolabbey: 10:18am On Jul 07, 2011
some relationshp breakups are just unexplainable

am a living witnes

butiful contributions so far!
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 07, 2011
Da Doctor:

^^ I understand you, but you have failed to understand the point i posed^^
From an angle, i see you are a VEE judging by your previous posts.As such you would want to  be somewhat defensive andbecloud yourself with 'IDOLS' as posed by BACON . That aside, Sex is not a 'one thing' in the afore disccused topic but 'one of the things'

Some may prepare a meal with little or no salt at all, to their taste and likeness and for some reasons too. That how my point is, Sex isnt a stand alone but a very important one. Many marriages and relationships crumbled, is crumbling and would crumble cos of this point.

Sex binds! Though it hurts too especially when u arent there with a good person who has genuine plans for you!

And just What has being a VEE got to do with the issue being Discussed? Were you born a NON-VEE? undecided Weren't you Once One? undecided  I Forgive You for that because of the bolded statement you made!. . . ON POINT! wink
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by DaDoctor: 10:29am On Jul 07, 2011
^^ come SEXKILLS, SEXSWEETS If i handle you ehn?^^
next!!!!!!

@PLUMKIN, from the onset didnt you know it wasnt gonna work out? or you decided to go for trial as many ladies would do despite seeing the hand writing on the wall. And i sure bet this guy can draw you nude lipsrsealed
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by SUV(f): 10:43am On Jul 07, 2011
@ poster:

I think you should ask people what (may be 3 things in ranked order) that will make them break up with their partner (male or female), then we analyse the result and put in poll.

e.g:

1. Infidelity
2. Lack or gap in communication
3 third party (in-laws or friends or bad advisers)
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by bountimore: 10:53am On Jul 07, 2011
NIce topic!
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Goldenmeda(m): 11:03am On Jul 07, 2011
Most of the relationship break up as a result of infidelity,
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by multibabe(f): 11:08am On Jul 07, 2011
IDENTITY CRISIS
when those involved donot know who they are and what they want it has destroyed most relationships.
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 07, 2011
So Far Infidelity Seems To Be the Number 1 Cause. . . That's Serious!
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by otokx(m): 11:15am On Jul 07, 2011
You can relocate to Nigeria; Ms Potato
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by DaDoctor: 11:21am On Jul 07, 2011
^^yes na, it ought to! These ladies cant just close their legs, and the guys cant tie their 'didi'^^

Before i got married, 4 out of 6 of the relationship i had fell cos of the ladies infidelity , as in RED HANDED INFIDELITY!!!
They all had similarity, THE WERE SATISFIED BUT CANT HOLD ON FOR TOO LONG WITHOUT WANTING A 'DIDI' and as a Biz guy, you know all ends gotta meet cos all play and no work,,,

ANYWAY, that was when i decided not to date ANYONE IN SCHOOL(NOT EVEN NYSC) AGAIN!!!

I was so happy God exposed them else, my pikin no for dey resemble me at all!! cheesy
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by DeepSoul(f): 11:23am On Jul 07, 2011

COMMUNICATION is the solution to almost all , if not all relationship problems.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boy Friend Wanted / Sex Is Not As Interesting As I Thought It Would Be / Man Who Spent N4.3millions On Operations To Make His P * Nis Bigger (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.