Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,753 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:52 PM

Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . (6888 Views)

Poll: What Do You Think?

Financial Matters: 23% (46 votes)
Lack Of Time: 11% (22 votes)
Abuse: 6% (13 votes)
Falling Out of Love: 22% (44 votes)
Infidelity: 36% (72 votes)
This poll has ended

Seven (7) Common Reasons Why Once Harmonious Relationships Break Down / Why Do Long Term Relationships Break Up? / Why Many Relationships Break Up Just Before Christmas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by larimo(m): 11:27am On Jul 07, 2011
andromida:

I think its communication and commitment at the end of the day whether inlaws or boredom or whatever.when both parties are committed to eachother and make constant effort to understand eachother pls underline constant because just because you understand someone last week it does not end there,thesame person maybe going through different things in another week if you dnt communicate how will you knw the person just looks troublesome to you thats not to say there are no troublesome people. dem plenty. Then commitment, when you are committed to something you make sure it works despite the odds and sometimes some people just dnt want to learn, they are proud and selfish and some people are not meant to be.

Spot on. COMMITMENT AND COMMUNICATION. Relationship is defined as "the way in which two things are connected". There must be a connection. People are not connecting, hence they break. Relationships need hardwork and patience. If you want something, you go all the way.

All the factors listed as causes for a break-up are largely external and can be addressed. Troubles come to every relationship but if we choose to look at it from a commitment and communication perspective, we'll do well smiley wink
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Grassroot: 11:59am On Jul 07, 2011
smiley
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by tyson55(m): 12:21pm On Jul 07, 2011
Infidelity.
Lack of communication.
Comparing ones relationship with A, B or C.
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by mirincious(m): 1:50pm On Jul 07, 2011
In my assessment,communication is the broad spectrum to which all other indices are predicated.When and If communication is harnessed in a relationship(dating or marriage),it builds a platform on which other variables thrive.
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by DivineR: 2:39pm On Jul 07, 2011
I think communication and distance for those in distance relationship, trust, and lack of money is also a major reason. In some situation in absent of money to solve one problem or the other if the BF can’t assist sometimes it leads to INFIDELITY, (it depends on individual)
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by http(m): 2:44pm On Jul 07, 2011
In my little unnderstanding about marriage or relationship, alot gotta do with effective communication and commitment, without this two, nothing will work out.

When things are discussed and determined to resolve, it will work out, from sex, finance, in-law, children e.t.c followed by prayer to whatever u believe in.

I have had my share of bad communication with my wife, but we work on it, and today am grateful to God that we are having a nice marital life and i we are commited to make our marriage work cos i know some pple are not happy about our union.

Pls talk to your wife or hubby about things u know that are not okay with you, u will be glad you did.

I pray that all couples going thru one trouble or the other for God to come to their aid, amen, amin.

A minute of silence for those that have lost partner to this inferno, 59' 60' amen grin
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 07, 2011
http:

In my little unnderstanding about marriage or relationship, alot gotta do with effective communication and commitment, without this two, nothing will work out.

When things are discussed and determined to resolve, it will work out, from sex, finance, in-law, children e.t.c followed by prayer to whatever u believe in.

I have had my share of bad communication with my wife, but we work on it, and today am grateful to God that we are having a nice marital life and i we are commited to make our marriage work cos i know some pple are not happy about our union.

Pls talk to your wife or hubby about things u know that are not okay with you, u will be glad you did.

I pray that all couples going thru one trouble or the other for God to come to their aid, amen, amin.

A minute of silence for those that have lost partner to this inferno, 59' 60' amen grin

Thanks a Bunch! smiley
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by BeautfulB(f): 3:12pm On Jul 07, 2011
infidelity and Misconception
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by koyaabj: 3:18pm On Jul 07, 2011
Bordom, infidelity on the part of the babe, poverty.
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 07, 2011
koyaabj:

Bordom, infidelity on the part of the babe, poverty.

Babes Would say no to your bolded statement, and rather point it to Guys. I believe Infidelity is Infidelity!
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by obimind(m): 5:22pm On Jul 07, 2011
nd what if the SEX is Not There? Or You dont have
access to it, maybe because of Ill health or
Something Related? End the Relationship? In Real
Life are you really Intimate all the Time? Are you
Always in tha Mood? Is she Always in the Mood?
What if you are not in the mood, and she is, Should She Break your head, or break her head, or start
nagging without being considerate, or go get
"some" outside? That's Where Communication
Swaggers In. Pls let's be Realistic and Leave SEX outta this! Thank God you are a Doctor! Lik

@Sexlills, I like ur comment. It shows u hav a different perspective to r/ship which is commendable . Keep up the good work.
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 07, 2011
Infidelity and abuse are one of the main reasons that relationships breakup
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by piroh(m): 6:46pm On Jul 07, 2011
Often time it has to do with falling out of love, as in no more feelings for each other. This happens mostly when infidelity creeps in
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 07, 2011
INFIDELITY INFIDELITY INFIDELITY!!!!
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 07, 2011
communication is number 1. when that goes, everything else crumbles.
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 07, 2011
ajigglin:

communication is number 1. when that goes, everything else crumbles.

But u have to Agree that Communication Gap Can be Bridged, But Infidelity is a Bridge Way Toooo Far! wink
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by DAVE5(m): 12:50am On Jul 08, 2011
why relationships break? Interestin,a relationship to me is like watching only one station(probably afmag) on ur dstv,it becomes boring n u jst cant help but switch stations(this is where the break up sets in),its not jst infidelity,financial matters etc but change of preference
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 08, 2011
D.A.V.E:

why relationships break? Interestin,a relationship to me is like watching only one station(probably afmag) on your dstv,it becomes boring n u jst cant help but switch stations(this is where the break up sets in),its not jst infidelity,financial matters etc but change of preference

If You have this line of thought then pls dont enter into a relationship. . . Cos it MUST end in a Break Up!!
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by honeymoh: 5:39pm On Jul 08, 2011
infidelity for sure is tops but then so is neglect and worse of all inlaw interference, they ruined my marriage too plus he finished it by cheating
in all of this though we got to remember don't let past hurt turn you into a monster rather learn from it and become a better YOU smiley
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 08, 2011
In a world that Emphasizes revenge, this is a very nice statement, Especially coming from someone that's a victim!

I'm Humbled smiley
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Gbenge77(m): 4:34pm On Jul 09, 2011
Cheating is a genuine reason for breakup.
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Omolola1(f): 4:38pm On Jul 09, 2011
there re looots of reason, but i thnk communication gap is the most common
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 09, 2011
After Much Research, i found that communication gap is the seed that when planted, grows to become the tree we call infidelity!
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by o2dlomez(m): 5:33pm On Jul 12, 2011
[color=#990000][/color]I will say based on the very many factors, a contributing factor this days are the internet world. FACEBOOK, YAHOO MESSENGER, BLACKBERRY etc are reasons for serious break up this days, with facebook topping my list. we get so addicted to this stuff that we neglect the real life issues. angry
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 13, 2011
Thanking Everyone for their Contributions to this topic! Infidelity was by far the winner of Relationship Break Up! Since it cant be stopped, How do we Curb it? A future article will discuss this! wink
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by limpopo: 1:33pm On Jul 13, 2011
i think what causes breakup is dat man/woman dont respect their differences. we expect d opposite sex 2 behave like us
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Youngpo413: 2:19pm On Jan 28, 2016
busygirl:
very well said! Almost 7 out of 10 relationships die as a result of boredom.
yeah,boredom aka "see finish syndrome"
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Youngpo413: 2:38pm On Jan 28, 2016
MsPotato:
Pafuri, I believe some parents in law are 4ucking selfish. Like my parents. They dont want to hear what I have to say about my bf. To them, as long as he is black, that means he is a confirm bad evil person to their eyes. But what they dont know is they themselves are evil undecided
Touche!
Re: Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . by Youngpo413: 2:45pm On Jan 28, 2016
MsPotato:
Pafuri, I did not receive your PM  embarassed

yes I know that but what can I do? They hate black while I love black so what do you expect me to do? Should I follow their orders and when both of them die, I will live a lifetime of misery?
it seems you are dickmatized,you love big dicks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

(18+) "This Is How My Girlfriend Wash Plates; Should I Send Her Away" / Lady Goes Braless In See-through White Gown (photo) / Ladies Alone: Please Comment On This Guy Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.