Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,965 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education (31991 Views)

I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ / I Wasted A Lot Of Time On The Internet - Lady Cries On Quora / Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics (2) (3) (4)

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by avalon7(m): 9:53am On Apr 14, 2022
7 out of the 9 degrees you listed are useless, what did your u intend to do with a sociology degree. There was no way you could have built a rewarding career with any of those degrees. I think financial literacy should be taught in secondary schools so students are guided when selecting what courses they want to study

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by 001spice: 9:53am On Apr 14, 2022
VickyELEFAN:
You don't get it sir. Education is all about purpose.
What purpose was your educational certification suppose to serve ?

1. It could be for self englighment and been able to pass such knowledge to those looking up to you

2. It could be to have financial upper hand and sociaetal elevation. This means you went to school, solely for the financial gain and popularity

3. It could be to " to just fit in with the popular". To just be a "part of the system" (most teachers and government workers fall into this category
Proudly AAU. Pretty u nail it
Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by Elliotwaveforec: 9:53am On Apr 14, 2022
Just be literate and find a way to be financially secured; then you can go further in getting all the papers (certificates).

Don't waste your time on University education, financial literacy first.
Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by Vitamin17(m): 9:55am On Apr 14, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
grin grin grin u dey ment ooh

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by Vitamin17(m): 9:56am On Apr 14, 2022
NapoleonHill:

Even abroad, na why people dey go school.

By acquiring numerous degrees right?
Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by gracealonev: 9:57am On Apr 14, 2022
And do you think you would have got the job if you didn't attend university?

shogsman:
I'm in my early 30s, I've got a bsc in sociology, a master's degree in statistics and like a dozen other professional degrees in human resource management, gerentology, demography, financial risk management, oil and gas services, pmp and so on.

Infact I'm basically one of the most educated individuals I've met. The sad part is I've never made a cent off my educational qualifications.
Heck I work in a totally different industry and make a good living which I'm definitely not going to trade for social work or psychology, so this past few days I get myself thinking what a waste of Time and resources that was, I literarily spent millions on my education, even relocating abroad to study but it was all a goddamn waste of time, all I got is a useless paper I'm never going to use.

My advice to young ones out there is to set your goals right and stupid untraditional ideas is better than no ideas. You don't necessarily have to pursue a degree to be okay in life.
Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by Mariangeles(f): 9:57am On Apr 14, 2022
shogsman:

Yeah that was the idea o

You should have let your passion guide you.

What is your passion?

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by Realdeals(m): 10:00am On Apr 14, 2022
Knowledge not utilized, is wasted.
Baawaa:
No knowledge is waste, you shall laugh one day

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by SeriouslySense(m): 10:00am On Apr 14, 2022
At least its better to know why one is jumping from one field to another, and if they match future aspirations or they help in intermixing applications.

From my perspective, if i were to be randomly choosing different fields it would be justified reasonably. For instance if i wanted to grow foods for myself and even sell, then i may study agriculture, while applying this knowledge in little bits so its consolidated and would be applied, if i then then saw that the community needed salt, and if i am passionate about salt, i may then learn some chemistry and perhaps due to the connectedness and traditional understanding, even do advanced study because its not a stress, but now a part of living.

Freeko4:

its better to be jack of all trade than being master of one because it pays to be versatile.

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by michael807: 10:01am On Apr 14, 2022
Smile
That is good I love You courage
Going to school is very important and is not a scam

Pls Bro Know this You are great Man for having all this Qualification but know this, how many person you have transfer that same knowledge to, how many life you encourage to be like You, direct or indirectly in what you have said you have said something positive to me where some person will hail you because you have said the Gospel truth or negative, my brother you are a great access to this generation trust me, bro you don't need to have a Job used that great ideal of your Education to think and invent a Job.
bro trust me Education is for you to have more insight about life and utilize it to become reality in life not to have a Job.

Used your Education to think and start your life so people can work under you

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by Allwell96: 10:03am On Apr 14, 2022
shogsman:
I'm in my early 30s, I've got a bsc in sociology, a master's degree in statistics and like a dozen other professional degrees in human resource management, gerentology, demography, financial risk management, oil and gas services, pmp and so on.

Infact I'm basically one of the most educated individuals I've met. The sad part is I've never made a cent off my educational qualifications.
Heck I work in a totally different industry and make a good living which I'm definitely not going to trade for social work or psychology, so this past few days I get myself thinking what a waste of Time and resources that was, I literarily spent millions on my education, even relocating abroad to study but it was all a goddamn waste of time, all I got is a useless paper I'm never going to use.

My advice to young ones out there is to set your goals right and stupid untraditional ideas is better than no ideas. You don't necessarily have to pursue a degree to be okay in life.
The day these certificates will work for you, e go be like dream.
Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by Oturatetuala(m): 10:03am On Apr 14, 2022
Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by froze6(m): 10:03am On Apr 14, 2022
shogsman:

Have got a bsc in sociology too and this days am beginning to think other wise, because it's not even giving me what i want in the first place.
The funny thing about the course is that it's a very good course but my country shaa
Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by ufotty2001: 10:04am On Apr 14, 2022
Even me, I regretted furthering my education. I have B.sc in banking & Fin, M.sc in Management, am also a chartered accountant (ACA) and other professional certifications.. but what am doing to earn good money is quite different from what I studied. Am not even making use of all those certifications.

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by JustExposeIt: 10:05am On Apr 14, 2022
No knowledge is a waste. If you can't find job, create one for yourself and even employ others. The essence of education in the developed climes is to make students independent, and for them to be able to fend for themselves even in the absence of government support. The Igbo word for university is MARA HA DUM, which means know it all. If you know it all, believe me, you will have it all.

In fact get more knowledge/education.
Have a nice day.
Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by dalass(f): 10:05am On Apr 14, 2022
Baawaa:
No knowledge is waste, you shall laugh one day

In getting education, you get beyond papers/ certificates.... You meet people, form ties with friends and future business partners.... It gives you ability to solve problems in which you can apply because they wealth lies in the ability to solve it
Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by Rinoxy: 10:05am On Apr 14, 2022
shogsman:

You mean Gerontology??
Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by toprealman: 10:07am On Apr 14, 2022
shogsman:

Summary of you ish:
Infact I'm basically one of the most educated individuals I've met.
Oga men de oooo when it comes to education,
no just go there . You didn'waste your time, trust me on this one OK.
Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by Mariangeles(f): 10:08am On Apr 14, 2022
Kajaard:

You are a very confused fellow. Having degrees and qualifications from different fields, no focus. I am an employer of labour and it's such CV's as yours I throw in the trash can.

Blame nobody but yourself. You lack focus. Rubbish.

What I would say he lacked was passion or a mentor.
Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by sisisioge: 10:09am On Apr 14, 2022
shogsman:

You apparently apparently missed the point....it's not about the certificates, it's about what these learnings do to your mind. Why do you think you're able to excel at what you do that is unrelatedto your education? Oga, you were able to attain the highest level in educational learning where you are not only able to apply what you've learnt in different situations, you are able to evaluate the work of others. Your education prepared you, these your certifications make you attractive to employers and business associates....in fact, your exposure is the reason you're excelling.

How many of us that got educated actually use the exact things we learnt? Regressional analysis, simultaneous equation, mean deviation, etc....we don't but we all make decisions based on our knowledge of how these things work. Cheers.

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by charlypoker(m): 10:09am On Apr 14, 2022
Since you feel say na waste, why not gather all your qualifications and those certificates and set them ablaze? get a cold beer and watch them burn grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by Nobody: 10:09am On Apr 14, 2022
Truth of the matter is, B.Sc is the new school cert while MSc is the new BSc in Nigeria so if you're going for MSc, be sure you're very well in your mid 20s before graduation.
The country has failed it's graduates because Nigeria now has a lot of graduates that are yet to find themselves hence they keep acquiring knowledge as per what is trending which they might end up not using after finally getting employed.
As for me now, I will say bagging a degree is fairly overrated now in Nigeria if you're not graduating b4 your mid 20s.
Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by Cutehector(m): 10:11am On Apr 14, 2022
shogsman:

thank you.. I wish some people would remove the mindset of i must get a degree for people to respect me.
Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by NapoleonHill: 10:12am On Apr 14, 2022
Vitamin17:

By acquiring numerous degrees right?
Yes.
Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by tienegem(m): 10:12am On Apr 14, 2022
I have heard so many people say this
Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by Mariangeles(f): 10:14am On Apr 14, 2022
HopeSpencer:
You're not alone. The useless education I acquired made me a nobody.

You're what you make of yourself.
Make the most of yourself.
Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by SeriouslySense(m): 10:15am On Apr 14, 2022
Numerous degree, without goals or future aspiration is useless cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin

If its not building up something in the future its useless, if you have a narrow mindset that you want to get into the ministries in Nigeria, then its a huge risk. But if the goals and mindset are established, then its beneficial. The writer got it right, goals goals goals, its really necessary to think deeply about future to get goals right.
Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by jrusky(m): 10:16am On Apr 14, 2022
No you have not wasted your time it's Nigeria a failed country under a failure that is wasting your time bro.

Your cert will work for you one good day don't worry bro I felt your pain but God is faithful.

May be you should digress to a trade which you won't need to break the bank to start from their I'm sure the door will open for you.

Never regret being educated belief it will work for you one good day. When a country imposed a leader who do not know value of educaton, who take "cowology" as a degree and make cow number one citizen on themselves what you are going through will be the order of the day bro. This administration is only administration since I was born that I don't know Minister of Education name, I don't know who health Minister is may be they are dead or not I don't know.

Trust me your time is by the corner never give up but don't go yahoo way yahooism never a way to success it always ends in pain las las.
Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by stanliwise(m): 10:16am On Apr 14, 2022
shogsman:

You spent a lot of time on education. How much of time have you spent in application of this knowledge?

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by checkthis1990: 10:16am On Apr 14, 2022
No knowledge is wasted.

meanwhile check this out:

4 Legit Giftcard Trading Methods You Could Earn From

https://www.nairaland.com/7049279/legit-giftcard-trading-could-earn
Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by Exceed15: 10:16am On Apr 14, 2022
Bro relax. Don't beat yourself too hard. Soonest u will reap the fruit of your labour. When it happens .. e go be like say u win jack pot. I celebrate you in advance.

Change Your Jamb Details- Phone Number/ Email 2018/2019 Academic Session / Kaduna Poly Student Falls From 3-Storey Building In Kaduna / Female Children Are More Beneficial To The Family Than Male Children-oppose

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65